Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Corporate Outing with a small charity aspect. Donations?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 johndagolfer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Member #: 491930
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 23 February 2018 - 03:22 PM

Hi all,

I am in charge of putting together our annual corporate outing with around 130 players.  These tournaments are normally a small mix of managers and administrators with line workers.  It's not very competitive and meant to be a fun time getting to know each other.

This is my first year doing this and I was trying to make it more fun than the normal closest to the hole or longest drive.

In our grab bag we are include the standard, balls, tees, poker chip and a bottle of decent alcohol.  The bag itself is a good quality 24 can cooler.

We are giving prizes for the top 3 which include a dozen golf balls and a bottle of alcohol.  We are also giving 5 random teams bottles as well.

Another thing I am trying to add to the tournament this year is a donation to the United Way.  We will be doing mulligan bags and 50/50 closest the hole.  We are hoping to raise $500 to $1000

I am trying to figure out how to reach out to businesses to donate anything that might make the tournament more fun.  Do you think I would be able to get like a driver or something in that range for prizes?  Any suggestions on the best way to achieve this would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by johndagolfer, 23 February 2018 - 03:34 PM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

#2 ironmikes

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • Member #: 43602
GolfWRX Likes : 68

Posted 28 February 2018 - 03:03 PM

When I have done this in the past I would go to local business in person and give them information on my event.

You can also sell hole sponsors where you make up a sign with the company listed on it to give them some advertising.

Was a great time and we raised some good money for our cause.

My fav was the marshmallow drive on the range , 1 try for $5 and the longest drive wins ....... we had a hybrid as the prize.

we gave receipts to the business that used it for tax filing.

Edited by ironmikes, 28 February 2018 - 03:07 PM.

#3 saksittb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Member #: 468864
  • Handicap:8.8
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted Yesterday, 09:10 PM

I've organized a few, raising around 2k in profit. Best strategy IMO is going out with a donation letter that states who you are, your mission, and what your are trying to achieve is a good start. Ensure to include your tax exemption or non profit info if applicable.

Easiest and most cost effective way of getting sponsors is charging for hole sponsors. $200 and the sponsor can setup a booth on a designated hole and interact with each golfer.

It is highly unlikely you will get a driver for donations, but I've received bags directly from Sun Mountain.

You can also arrange a silent auction, or hit up gobiggolf.com for golf ball launchers and eliteevents.co for something really unique.

I am in way affiliated with them, I'm actually using them in my tournament this April 13th!

Best of luck!
2017 TaylorMade M2 10.5* Driver
2017 TaylorMade M2 3 wood 15*
2017 Taylor Made M1 4-PW
Ping Zing Black Dot 3 Iron
MCC 4 Plus Grey Standard Grips; 4 Wraps
Titleist SM5 58/08
Titleist SM5 54/10
Odyssey 2 Ball Putter w/ Super Stroke Flatso 3.0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors