Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

2018 Ryder Cup teams evolution


102 replies to this topic

#1 imakaveli

imakaveli

    Ma-nas-se-ro. Got it? ;)

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,974 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131351
  • Joined: 06/22/2011
  • Location:Milano, Italy
  • Handicap:3.8
GolfWRX Likes : 4551

Posted 19 February 2018 - 06:40 AM

Since the user Nosferatu on twitter is giving us such a clear representation of the teams, why not keeping track of the evolution of the 2 teams.
Here is the current situation with Bubba currently not making the team on point but being very close!

Imho this will be a great Ryder Cup wince the 2 team will be very close!

Posted Image

Edited by imakaveli, 19 February 2018 - 06:40 AM.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 Britboy

Britboy

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12397
  • Joined: 02/22/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 25

Posted 19 February 2018 - 07:00 AM

Nice idea for a thread and will be interesting to see how things evolve ! As a Euro (well a Brit :(  ) I like the top 8 and would probably layer in Stenson, Noren and Pieters as Captain's picks. Not too fussed about Casey and would be great to see Alex Levy in there to get the locals going
Callaway Fusion 44.5" 10.5* Diamana Redboard S
Callaway Rogue SZ 15* Evenflow Blue 70 S
Ping G30 19* Hybrid Tour 90 S
Mizuno MP-53 4-PW S300
Mizuno MPT4 50,  54 & 58
Bettinardi BB1 34"

2

#3 Bye

Bye

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 295315
  • Joined: 02/05/2014
  • Location:England
  • Handicap:1.1
GolfWRX Likes : 529

Posted 19 February 2018 - 07:15 AM

View PostBritboy, on 19 February 2018 - 07:00 AM, said:

Nice idea for a thread and will be interesting to see how things evolve ! As a Euro (well a Brit :(  ) I like the top 8 and would probably layer in Stenson, Noren and Pieters as Captain's picks. Not too fussed about Casey and would be great to see Alex Levy in there to get the locals going

I agree with most of what you have said, Casey has to be a serious consideration though as his form has been so good and he is a match play specialist. Levy is some player but he is a bit hot and cold but still a good shout. Rafa CB should be close or get in which is a good thing. We had too many rookies last time (and just got out played), with Fleetwood, Rahm and Hatton looking in good shape to make the team I'm not sure having another rookie is what we need.
Taylormade 2017 M1 8.5 - Aldila Rogue Silver 70g X
Titleist 915F 17.25 - Diamana Whiteboard D+ 80g X
Titleist 716CB 3-9 - X100
Vokey 46.08, 50.08 - X100
Vokey 56S, 60M - S300
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 Studio Stainless
Titleist Pro V1

3

#4 bladehunter

bladehunter

    I have a great profile! Especially from the side !

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,496 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 291449
  • Joined: 01/12/2014
  • Location:south carolina
  • Handicap:NONE
GolfWRX Likes : 14963

Posted 19 February 2018 - 07:28 AM

may as well highlight Pat Reeds name...no way on earth he isnt a pick....  highlight Phil while your at it...  he took sergios A++++ game last time and made it null ..... and hes playing good again
17 M1 8.7  Tour Issue Aldila Synergy Blue 70TX
17 M1 14.5  Tour issue Graphite Design   AD DI 8X
Titleist 816H2 21 Graphite Design AD DI 105X
Miura 1957 Small Blades 3-pw Modus 130X
Vokey  sm6   54M  300 series 59  Modus 125X
009 GSS 1.5  , Beached, tungsten sole weights, vertical stamp face

4

#5 Bye

Bye

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 295315
  • Joined: 02/05/2014
  • Location:England
  • Handicap:1.1
GolfWRX Likes : 529

Posted 19 February 2018 - 07:36 AM

View Postbladehunter, on 19 February 2018 - 07:28 AM, said:

may as well highlight Pat Reeds name...no way on earth he isnt a pick....  highlight Phil while your at it...  he took sergios A++++ game last time and made it null ..... and hes playing good again

Your team looks scary at the moment, I'm glad it's our turn to host the event!

Taylormade 2017 M1 8.5 - Aldila Rogue Silver 70g X
Titleist 915F 17.25 - Diamana Whiteboard D+ 80g X
Titleist 716CB 3-9 - X100
Vokey 46.08, 50.08 - X100
Vokey 56S, 60M - S300
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 Studio Stainless
Titleist Pro V1

5

#6 thecraw

thecraw

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 195070
  • Joined: 07/27/2012
  • Location:Bonnie Scotland
GolfWRX Likes : 275

Posted 19 February 2018 - 07:41 AM

View PostBye, on 19 February 2018 - 07:15 AM, said:

View PostBritboy, on 19 February 2018 - 07:00 AM, said:

Nice idea for a thread and will be interesting to see how things evolve ! As a Euro (well a Brit :(  ) I like the top 8 and would probably layer in Stenson, Noren and Pieters as Captain's picks. Not too fussed about Casey and would be great to see Alex Levy in there to get the locals going

I agree with most of what you have said, Casey has to be a serious consideration though as his form has been so good and he is a match play specialist. Levy is some player but he is a bit hot and cold but still a good shout. Rafa CB should be close or get in which is a good thing. We had too many rookies last time (and just got out played), with Fleetwood, Rahm and Hatton looking in good shape to make the team I'm not sure having another rookie is what we need.

Disagree we had a clown as a captain and we had a washed out Lee Westwood.

Anybody who managed a worse record as Captain then Faldo deserves to be hung out to dry. Clarke's choices were baffling at times to say the least.
Ping G400 LST driver - Speeder Evolution 569

Adams Tight Lies Titanium 3 wood - Diamana Whiteboard 80

Adams Tight Lies Hybrid 19 - Matrix Red Tie

Ping I e1 4-U Nippon 105

Nike Engage Toe Sweep 54 & 58

Cure RX5 putter

6

#7 Bye

Bye

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 295315
  • Joined: 02/05/2014
  • Location:England
  • Handicap:1.1
GolfWRX Likes : 529

Posted 19 February 2018 - 07:49 AM

View Postthecraw, on 19 February 2018 - 07:41 AM, said:

View PostBye, on 19 February 2018 - 07:15 AM, said:

View PostBritboy, on 19 February 2018 - 07:00 AM, said:

Nice idea for a thread and will be interesting to see how things evolve ! As a Euro (well a Brit :(  ) I like the top 8 and would probably layer in Stenson, Noren and Pieters as Captain's picks. Not too fussed about Casey and would be great to see Alex Levy in there to get the locals going

I agree with most of what you have said, Casey has to be a serious consideration though as his form has been so good and he is a match play specialist. Levy is some player but he is a bit hot and cold but still a good shout. Rafa CB should be close or get in which is a good thing. We had too many rookies last time (and just got out played), with Fleetwood, Rahm and Hatton looking in good shape to make the team I'm not sure having another rookie is what we need.

Disagree we had a clown as a captain and we had a washed out Lee Westwood.

Anybody who managed a worse record as Captain then Faldo deserves to be hung out to dry. Clarke's choices were baffling at times to say the least.

Bit harsh on DC, but yes some of the pairings were a bit strange. You can't fault Westwood his record is up there with the best. We were out played though.
Taylormade 2017 M1 8.5 - Aldila Rogue Silver 70g X
Titleist 915F 17.25 - Diamana Whiteboard D+ 80g X
Titleist 716CB 3-9 - X100
Vokey 46.08, 50.08 - X100
Vokey 56S, 60M - S300
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 Studio Stainless
Titleist Pro V1

7

#8 imakaveli

imakaveli

    Ma-nas-se-ro. Got it? ;)

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,974 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131351
  • Joined: 06/22/2011
  • Location:Milano, Italy
  • Handicap:3.8
GolfWRX Likes : 4551

Posted 19 February 2018 - 08:45 AM

View PostBye, on 19 February 2018 - 07:49 AM, said:

View Postthecraw, on 19 February 2018 - 07:41 AM, said:

View PostBye, on 19 February 2018 - 07:15 AM, said:

View PostBritboy, on 19 February 2018 - 07:00 AM, said:

Nice idea for a thread and will be interesting to see how things evolve ! As a Euro (well a Brit :(  ) I like the top 8 and would probably layer in Stenson, Noren and Pieters as Captain's picks. Not too fussed about Casey and would be great to see Alex Levy in there to get the locals going

I agree with most of what you have said, Casey has to be a serious consideration though as his form has been so good and he is a match play specialist. Levy is some player but he is a bit hot and cold but still a good shout. Rafa CB should be close or get in which is a good thing. We had too many rookies last time (and just got out played), with Fleetwood, Rahm and Hatton looking in good shape to make the team I'm not sure having another rookie is what we need.

Disagree we had a clown as a captain and we had a washed out Lee Westwood.

Anybody who managed a worse record as Captain then Faldo deserves to be hung out to dry. Clarke's choices were baffling at times to say the least.

Bit harsh on DC, but yes some of the pairings were a bit strange. You can't fault Westwood his record is up there with the best. We were out played though.

That Westy missed putt from 3ft to halve the match is still in my nightmares...

8

#9 fillwelix

fillwelix

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 249866
  • Joined: 05/10/2013
  • Location:New Jersey
GolfWRX Likes : 595

Posted 19 February 2018 - 08:55 AM

Great thread! Looking forward to this year, hoping someone like Cantlay or Moore can play their way in. I liked how Moore played at Hazeltine
WITB
Taylormade M2 2016 9.5*       Fuji Speeder Evolution IV 589 X
Taylormade M2 2016 3HL       PX HZRDUS Black 75g S
Taylormade M2 2017 3 h         MRC Kuro Kage TiNi 80g S
Taylormade P770 4i-5i             Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 S
Taylormade P730 6-PW           Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 S
Vokey SM6 50 54 58                True Temper Dynamic Gold S200
Byron Morgan DH89

9

#10 thecraw

thecraw

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 195070
  • Joined: 07/27/2012
  • Location:Bonnie Scotland
GolfWRX Likes : 275

Posted 19 February 2018 - 12:31 PM

I'd like to see Joost make the team, even a wild card. I like his battling qualities. Don't think he'd be a bad pick as a wild card if he didn't make it on his own merit.

Ping G400 LST driver - Speeder Evolution 569

Adams Tight Lies Titanium 3 wood - Diamana Whiteboard 80

Adams Tight Lies Hybrid 19 - Matrix Red Tie

Ping I e1 4-U Nippon 105

Nike Engage Toe Sweep 54 & 58

Cure RX5 putter

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 Darth Putter

Darth Putter

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 466932
  • Joined: 05/09/2017
  • Location:Central Illinois
  • Handicap:10.8
GolfWRX Likes : 2396

Posted 19 February 2018 - 03:13 PM

You may notice Ted Potter Jr. has his name in parentheses. He was off the tour for two years and is currently not a member of the PGA of America and ineligible to be on the Ryder Cup team. Once he gets that status back, his Ryder Cup points (retroactive ones as well) will become official and he can join the team.

Edited by Darth Putter, 19 February 2018 - 03:13 PM.

swing is irrelevant, score is everything

just say NO.... to practice swings

11

#12 bladehunter

bladehunter

    I have a great profile! Especially from the side !

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,496 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 291449
  • Joined: 01/12/2014
  • Location:south carolina
  • Handicap:NONE
GolfWRX Likes : 14963

Posted 19 February 2018 - 03:48 PM

View PostDarth Putter, on 19 February 2018 - 03:13 PM, said:

You may notice Ted Potter Jr. has his name in parentheses. He was off the tour for two years and is currently not a member of the PGA of America and ineligible to be on the Ryder Cup team. Once he gets that status back, his Ryder Cup points (retroactive ones as well) will become official and he can join the team.

Lol.  A lefty will be in. But I donít think itís that one.
17 M1 8.7  Tour Issue Aldila Synergy Blue 70TX
17 M1 14.5  Tour issue Graphite Design   AD DI 8X
Titleist 816H2 21 Graphite Design AD DI 105X
Miura 1957 Small Blades 3-pw Modus 130X
Vokey  sm6   54M  300 series 59  Modus 125X
009 GSS 1.5  , Beached, tungsten sole weights, vertical stamp face

12

#13 imakaveli

imakaveli

    Ma-nas-se-ro. Got it? ;)

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,974 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131351
  • Joined: 06/22/2011
  • Location:Milano, Italy
  • Handicap:3.8
GolfWRX Likes : 4551

Posted 20 February 2018 - 05:57 AM

View Postbladehunter, on 19 February 2018 - 03:48 PM, said:

View PostDarth Putter, on 19 February 2018 - 03:13 PM, said:

You may notice Ted Potter Jr. has his name in parentheses. He was off the tour for two years and is currently not a member of the PGA of America and ineligible to be on the Ryder Cup team. Once he gets that status back, his Ryder Cup points (retroactive ones as well) will become official and he can join the team.

Lol.  A lefty will be in. But I don't think it's that one.

It's golf, you never now ;)

13

#14 Stall

Stall

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71877
  • Joined: 01/04/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 215

Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:21 AM

USA certainly has a strong team, that can't be argued.

Saying that, I am entirely comfortable with our line up which could/should include:

Rory
Rose
Stenson
Sergio
Rahm
Fleetwood
Casey
Noren
Fitzpatrick

And probably Pieters, Rafa CB etc.

We are going to have a pretty strong team as well!

14

#15 golfandfishing

golfandfishing

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 381948
  • Joined: 06/22/2015
  • Location:AZ
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 4119

Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:36 AM

View PostDarth Putter, on 19 February 2018 - 03:13 PM, said:

You may notice Ted Potter Jr. has his name in parentheses. He was off the tour for two years and is currently not a member of the PGA of America and ineligible to be on the Ryder Cup team. Once he gets that status back, his Ryder Cup points (retroactive ones as well) will become official and he can join the team.

Admittedly it has been a long time since I was well versed in the PGA of America republic, but Potter is an exempt tour player, how is he not A-3?  I remember seeing guys that had been off the tour classified as A-3 for years. Jodie Mudd was A-3 in the Ky section as late as 2004 and he was raising horses. Do you happen to know why he isnít A-3?


15

#16 imakaveli

imakaveli

    Ma-nas-se-ro. Got it? ;)

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,974 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131351
  • Joined: 06/22/2011
  • Location:Milano, Italy
  • Handicap:3.8
GolfWRX Likes : 4551

Posted 26 February 2018 - 01:18 PM

Updated after the Honda Classic: rise of Noren and JT. I really like how the 2 teams are shaping up!

Posted Image

16

#17 fillwelix

fillwelix

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 249866
  • Joined: 05/10/2013
  • Location:New Jersey
GolfWRX Likes : 595

Posted 26 February 2018 - 02:10 PM

Phil going to have to keep up the good play if he wants to play his way onto the team again
WITB
Taylormade M2 2016 9.5*       Fuji Speeder Evolution IV 589 X
Taylormade M2 2016 3HL       PX HZRDUS Black 75g S
Taylormade M2 2017 3 h         MRC Kuro Kage TiNi 80g S
Taylormade P770 4i-5i             Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 S
Taylormade P730 6-PW           Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 S
Vokey SM6 50 54 58                True Temper Dynamic Gold S200
Byron Morgan DH89

17

#18 andrieddle

andrieddle

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 414694
  • Joined: 03/07/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 231

Posted 27 February 2018 - 02:43 AM

Would be interesting to see if Harman stays up there and so is Woodland for the US team. Reed will be in there unless he craps so bad between now and then

Rory and Stenson will not be left out from Europe, the other 2 will be interesting to see
Cobra Fly Z+ (11)
Cobra King Ltd 3W (14.5)

TaylorMade R15 4H (21)
Ping iE1 (4-W)
Bridgestone J15 (50)
Callaway MD2 (56/60)
Evnroll ER3

18

#19 mjen43

mjen43

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119001
  • Joined: 12/16/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 807

Posted 27 February 2018 - 04:22 AM

Would be nice to see Harman and Woodland bumped off the auto-selection. Give me the rest of the 6, Phil, Reed, Cantlay, Tiger, and whoever is playing best at the time for the last two and you got a squad.

Edited by mjen43, 27 February 2018 - 04:25 AM.


19

#20 Your-away!

Your-away!

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 323581
  • Joined: 06/27/2014
  • Location:UK
GolfWRX Likes : 654

Posted 27 February 2018 - 04:51 AM

If everything falls into place it could be the strongest European team for quite a few years

I think the US team will look very different from the above, maybe 5 of that 8?

DRIVER:Callaway GBB 9* - Kurokage x
3 WOOD:Callaway GBB 14.0* - Kurokage s
5 WOOD:Callaway GBB 19.0* - Speeder s
HYBRID: Adams Proto DHY 21* - Steelfiber i95 s
IRONS 5-PW:Adams CB1 - PX 6.0 - 2.0* flat
WEDGES:Titleist SM6 RAW - 52/56/60 - S300 - 2.5* Flat
PUTTER:Bettinardi BB0 Blood Hound (Cashmere)
BALL:Whichever gets bought for me, or found.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 Canoe Paddler

Canoe Paddler

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 481246
  • Joined: 09/06/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 101

Posted 27 February 2018 - 08:44 AM

I love the potential of the US roster, but how did it become some forgone conclusion that the US is the favorite? I know we have a lot of strong youth on the team and of course the holy task force, but the European team is going to be stacked as well. Rahm, Fleetwood and Noren (presumably) will be very tough additions. To me on a neutral field, it's a toss up at best.



21

#22 fillwelix

fillwelix

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 249866
  • Joined: 05/10/2013
  • Location:New Jersey
GolfWRX Likes : 595

Posted 27 February 2018 - 08:50 AM

This is shaping up to be the most exciting Ryder cup in quite some time
WITB
Taylormade M2 2016 9.5*       Fuji Speeder Evolution IV 589 X
Taylormade M2 2016 3HL       PX HZRDUS Black 75g S
Taylormade M2 2017 3 h         MRC Kuro Kage TiNi 80g S
Taylormade P770 4i-5i             Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 S
Taylormade P730 6-PW           Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 S
Vokey SM6 50 54 58                True Temper Dynamic Gold S200
Byron Morgan DH89

22

#23 Your-away!

Your-away!

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 323581
  • Joined: 06/27/2014
  • Location:UK
GolfWRX Likes : 654

Posted 27 February 2018 - 09:00 AM

 Canoe Paddler, on 27 February 2018 - 08:44 AM, said:

I love the potential of the US roster, but how did it become some forgone conclusion that the US is the favorite? I know we have a lot of strong youth on the team and of course the holy task force, but the European team is going to be stacked as well. Rahm, Fleetwood and Noren (presumably) will be very tough additions. To me on a neutral field, it's a toss up at best.

If the European team looks something close to below, and playing on home soil, they would be a match for any US team, in fact if the US also got all the players they want, it could be one of the best Ryder cups ever

Mcilroy
Rose
Stenson
Rahm
Garcia
Noren
Fleetwood
Bello
Pieters
Hatton
Casey
Fisher
DRIVER:Callaway GBB 9* - Kurokage x
3 WOOD:Callaway GBB 14.0* - Kurokage s
5 WOOD:Callaway GBB 19.0* - Speeder s
HYBRID: Adams Proto DHY 21* - Steelfiber i95 s
IRONS 5-PW:Adams CB1 - PX 6.0 - 2.0* flat
WEDGES:Titleist SM6 RAW - 52/56/60 - S300 - 2.5* Flat
PUTTER:Bettinardi BB0 Blood Hound (Cashmere)
BALL:Whichever gets bought for me, or found.

23

#24 imakaveli

imakaveli

    Ma-nas-se-ro. Got it? ;)

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,974 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131351
  • Joined: 06/22/2011
  • Location:Milano, Italy
  • Handicap:3.8
GolfWRX Likes : 4551

Posted 27 February 2018 - 09:33 AM

 Canoe Paddler, on 27 February 2018 - 08:44 AM, said:

I love the potential of the US roster, but how did it become some forgone conclusion that the US is the favorite? I know we have a lot of strong youth on the team and of course the holy task force, but the European team is going to be stacked as well. Rahm, Fleetwood and Noren (presumably) will be very tough additions. To me on a neutral field, it's a toss up at best.

At the end of the 2017 US Team was miles ahead (when Shipnuck wrote that troll article), now it's more even

24

#25 imakaveli

imakaveli

    Ma-nas-se-ro. Got it? ;)

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,974 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131351
  • Joined: 06/22/2011
  • Location:Milano, Italy
  • Handicap:3.8
GolfWRX Likes : 4551

Posted 27 February 2018 - 09:35 AM

 Your-away!, on 27 February 2018 - 09:00 AM, said:

 Canoe Paddler, on 27 February 2018 - 08:44 AM, said:

I love the potential of the US roster, but how did it become some forgone conclusion that the US is the favorite? I know we have a lot of strong youth on the team and of course the holy task force, but the European team is going to be stacked as well. Rahm, Fleetwood and Noren (presumably) will be very tough additions. To me on a neutral field, it's a toss up at best.

If the European team looks something close to below, and playing on home soil, they would be a match for any US team, in fact if the US also got all the players they want, it could be one of the best Ryder cups ever

Mcilroy
Rose
Stenson
Rahm
Garcia
Noren
Fleetwood
Bello
Pieters
Hatton
Casey
Fisher

With a team like that even Chandler would't be able to put Westy in the team!


25

#26 Hawkeye77

Hawkeye77

    Legend

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 13,982 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100868
  • Joined: 12/27/2009
  • Location:Iowa
GolfWRX Likes : 10163

Posted 27 February 2018 - 04:37 PM

U.S. will be huge underdogs! Huge!

We'll have a Maginot Lineup!  ;-)

26

#27 gatorMD

gatorMD

    Hacker-in-Chief

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,170 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 487980
  • Joined: 12/03/2017
  • Location:St. Petersburg, FL
  • Handicap:3.1
GolfWRX Likes : 808

Posted 27 February 2018 - 04:52 PM

GO TEAM USA.

We need to do something to get our mojo back.  I think the problem is lack of grit.  Euros just seem more gritty and prideful than the US players which is painful as someone who is very proud to be a US citizen.
Driver: TM M2 9.5 Tour AD MT 6TX
3W: TM M2 Tour AD MT 7X
Hybrid: TM M2 3H Blueboard X
Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 4-PW KBS Tour V X
Wedges: SM6 50F and 54S grind; SM7 60D grind
Putter: Wilson 8802
Ball: BS Tour BX

27

#28 duffer987

duffer987

    Wears trousers.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,114 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 201269
  • Joined: 09/03/2012
  • Location:Canadian in Texas
  • Handicap:8.6
GolfWRX Likes : 5356

Posted 27 February 2018 - 04:52 PM

I don't know what it is about Fischer, maybe he looks too much like a typical skinny-fat office worker, but I'd much rather one of the Irishmen in his place.
Hopefully Levy is either near enough the top or nowhere near it, to avoid any pick a Frenchman controversy.

With GMac's success on that course, be good to see him have a good season too and maybe be in with a shout.

Edited by duffer987, 27 February 2018 - 05:41 PM.

WITB | Courses Played list | How to leave feedback

"I don't agree 100% with your analysis.  Yes, it's nice to hole out, which I did twice during last weeks game, but didn't need either to win those holes or the match.   All that was needed was a tap in to win each hole.  Of course, I was aiming from 20yds and 15yds with the intent to put the ball in the hole, but the expectation was tap-ins." PT

28

#29 imakaveli

imakaveli

    Ma-nas-se-ro. Got it? ;)

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,974 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131351
  • Joined: 06/22/2011
  • Location:Milano, Italy
  • Handicap:3.8
GolfWRX Likes : 4551

Posted 05 March 2018 - 06:07 AM

Update after the WGC Mexico with Rafa and Phil moving in the top 8!

Posted Image

29

#30 Your-away!

Your-away!

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 323581
  • Joined: 06/27/2014
  • Location:UK
GolfWRX Likes : 654

Posted 05 March 2018 - 07:10 AM

 imakaveli, on 05 March 2018 - 06:07 AM, said:

Update after the WGC Mexico with Rafa and Phil moving in the top 8!

Posted Image

How is Fitzpatrick still ahead of Noren?

DRIVER:Callaway GBB 9* - Kurokage x
3 WOOD:Callaway GBB 14.0* - Kurokage s
5 WOOD:Callaway GBB 19.0* - Speeder s
HYBRID: Adams Proto DHY 21* - Steelfiber i95 s
IRONS 5-PW:Adams CB1 - PX 6.0 - 2.0* flat
WEDGES:Titleist SM6 RAW - 52/56/60 - S300 - 2.5* Flat
PUTTER:Bettinardi BB0 Blood Hound (Cashmere)
BALL:Whichever gets bought for me, or found.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors