Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Some help, please.

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 ObieTrice5

ObieTrice5

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1255
GolfWRX Likes : 41

Posted 16 February 2018 - 01:01 PM

Looking for 49-50 driver shaft for LD.

Really high spin and high launch  player and swinging 122-125.

Anyone have a a good experience with any shafts?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 Kevin Blenkhorn

Kevin Blenkhorn

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 494648
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 26 February 2018 - 10:41 AM

View PostObieTrice5, on 16 February 2018 - 01:01 PM, said:

When you say really high spin what are your numbers?  I struggled in the past as well spinning too much. I switched last yr to a Brute 2.0 with a House of forged Code blue shaft in E3 swing weight and dropped my spin by over 500rpm on average.  Now we are not sure House of forged is going to be getting anymore code blues in because they are a matrix shaft and matrix may be out of business.

#3 ObieTrice5

ObieTrice5

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2018 - 12:48 PM

View PostKevin Blenkhorn, on 26 February 2018 - 10:41 AM, said:

When you say really high spin what are your numbers?  I struggled in the past as well spinning too much. I switched last yr to a Brute 2.0 with a House of forged Code blue shaft in E3 swing weight and dropped my spin by over 500rpm on average.  Now we are not sure House of forged is going to be getting anymore code blues in because they are a matrix shaft and matrix may be out of business.

3,330-3,500 RPMs. I'll have to check out the Brute.

I was looking at the Ninja.

Thanks for reply.

#4 Kevin Blenkhorn

Kevin Blenkhorn

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2018 - 12:53 PM

View PostObieTrice5, on 26 February 2018 - 12:48 PM, said:

Thanks for reply.
  You will want to bring that down by about 1000.

#5 ObieTrice5

ObieTrice5

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2018 - 03:26 PM

View PostKevin Blenkhorn, on 26 February 2018 - 12:53 PM, said:

Thanks for reply.

You still thinking the Brute is the way to go?

#6 Kevin Blenkhorn

Kevin Blenkhorn

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2018 - 04:10 PM

View PostObieTrice5, on 26 February 2018 - 03:26 PM, said:

View PostKevin Blenkhorn, on 26 February 2018 - 12:53 PM, said:

Thanks for reply.

You still thinking the Brute is the way to go?
  Keep an eye for them on ebay. I saw one go with a XX 48" shaft real cheap last week.  I think they are an awesome head and I have hit pretty much every head in long drive. Too much spin in LD is worse than less ball speed. I have seen guys win with 2000 spin and 200BS over guys with 3000 spin and 210BS depending on the conditions.   Down wind not suh a big deal of course but no wind side wind or head wind and you are dead so %75 of the time too much spin will kill you.

#7 Nickthurgood

Nickthurgood

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 272901
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 27 February 2018 - 01:11 AM

Ive enjoyed reading all your comments on this thread and the others LD topics.
I've bought quite a few House of Forged shafts. Big fan of the 59 and Code Blue.  I didn't know they might be going out of business.  That's too bad!  Last time I spoke with one of the guys, he said they were low on the Code Blue supply but would be coming out with a similar shaft soon. Guess that may not happen. Darn.

#8 Kevin Blenkhorn

Kevin Blenkhorn

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2018 - 08:20 AM

View PostNickthurgood, on 27 February 2018 - 01:11 AM, said:

Ive enjoyed reading all your comments on this thread and the others LD topics.
I've bought quite a few House of Forged shafts. Big fan of the 59 and Code Blue.  I didn't know they might be going out of business.  That's too bad!  Last time I spoke with one of the guys, he said they were low on the Code Blue supply but would be coming out with a similar shaft soon. Guess that may not happen. Darn.
  I have been in contact with Trevor from Impact Precision Golf in Houston and he is having a new shaft built that he said should be similar to a ninja/code blue highbred, I would give him a call and tell him I sent you.  Says it should be a low spinning shaft and should be ready for end of March so I will let you know how that one works out.  I am also getting a new head built for me by smashfactor golf. New company just starting and he says he is spending a lot of money on the head so I am really hoping that one works out well too. I told him it will have to be pretty darn good to switch from Brute.   I think Krank will also have their new Formula 7x out in LD lofts and I a hearing some pretty good things. Krank has always had very good heads.  I hit their drivers for yrs I only switched last yr to Brute to bring my spin down.

#9 CmacLD

CmacLD

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 409776
GolfWRX Likes : 30

Posted 27 February 2018 - 11:45 AM

Wow its great to have someone with a LD resume like Kevin's on this fourm,, Welcome, as far as spin goes , you really have get some launch numbers that are accurate, and then take it outside, as well, I would agree a few years back was getting very good low spin numbers form brute , but out doors didn't get the roll out I expected. As far as shaft's the Ninja has been very good spin numbers with that light of shaft.

#10 Kevin Blenkhorn

Kevin Blenkhorn

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2018 - 01:56 PM

View PostCmacLD, on 27 February 2018 - 11:45 AM, said:

Wow its great to have someone with a LD resume like Kevin's on this fourm,, Welcome, as far as spin goes , you really have get some launch numbers that are accurate, and then take it outside, as well, I would agree a few years back was getting very good low spin numbers form brute , but out doors didn't get the roll out I expected. As far as shaft's the Ninja has been very good spin numbers with that light of shaft.
  Getting to the point where I can help more than compete!  lol

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#11 supajsn98

supajsn98

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 469644
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 28 February 2018 - 03:46 PM

Hey guys. I have been in contact with Robert at HoF the last few weeks. He informed me that Matrix has a new ownership group and will continue to make shafts! He got a shipment in about two weeks ago. I was looking for the Ninja as well... Roberto told me that they have made some improvements on the Ninja using an advanced material that offers more strength and weighs less. The new shaft is called the Raptor. I just got mine and hit for the first time last night and really liked them. I hit the Ninja last year and so far am pleased with the Raptor. XXX run 59 grams.

Jason Bickford

#12 Nickthurgood

Nickthurgood

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2018 - 01:20 AM

View Postsupajsn98, on 28 February 2018 - 03:46 PM, said:

Hey guys. I have been in contact with Robert at HoF the last few weeks. He informed me that Matrix has a new ownership group and will continue to make shafts! He got a shipment in about two weeks ago. I was looking for the Ninja as well... Roberto told me that they have made some improvements on the Ninja using an advanced material that offers more strength and weighs less. The new shaft is called the Raptor. I just got mine and hit for the first time last night and really liked them. I hit the Ninja last year and so far am pleased with the Raptor. XXX run 59 grams.

Jason Bickford
Thank you so much for the info!  I'm way glad they're still in business. I went ahead and emailed Robert today about the Raptor. He said that the XX runs 61 grams and that it is more stable than the NINJA. I was hoping a little lighter - it sounds like your XXX flex is 59. What color is it by chance?  I think I'm gonna buy one. Thank you!

#13 supajsn98

supajsn98

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2018 - 11:40 AM

View PostNickthurgood, on 01 March 2018 - 01:20 AM, said:

Jason Bickford
Thank you so much for the info!  I'm way glad they're still in business. I went ahead and emailed Robert today about the Raptor. He said that the XX runs 61 grams and that it is more stable than the NINJA. I was hoping a little lighter - it sounds like your XXX flex is 59. What color is it by chance?  I think I'm gonna buy one. Thank you!

They are all the same color now. All White with black laser etching. Mine did not have the flex etched into the shaft like the ones last year had. There was a label up where the grip went that had all the shaft data.

Jason

#14 Kevin Blenkhorn

Kevin Blenkhorn

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2018 - 12:19 PM

View Postsupajsn98, on 01 March 2018 - 11:40 AM, said:

Jason Bickford

They are all the same color now. All White with black laser etching. Mine did not have the flex etched into the shaft like the ones last year had. There was a label up where the grip went that had all the shaft data.

Jason
  What kind of spin were you getting off them compared to what you were using. And what were you using before?  IN my opinion spin is the #1 factor in LD. IF you don't have the speed you just don't have the speed, if you have the speed but bad spin a guy with better spin numbers will beat you if you are within 5mph BS in my opinion anyways.

#15 supajsn98

supajsn98

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2018 - 01:06 PM

View PostKevin Blenkhorn, on 07 March 2018 - 12:19 PM, said:

Jason Bickford

Jason
  What kind of spin were you getting off them compared to what you were using. And what were you using before?  IN my opinion spin is the #1 factor in LD. IF you don't have the speed you just don't have the speed, if you have the speed but bad spin a guy with better spin numbers will beat you if you are within 5mph BS in my opinion anyways.

I will be on a launch monitor Saturday morning. I can share the comparison between the two when i'm done.
Jason

#16 Nickthurgood

Nickthurgood

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2018 - 04:43 PM

View Postsupajsn98, on 08 March 2018 - 01:06 PM, said:

View PostKevin Blenkhorn, on 07 March 2018 - 12:19 PM, said:

Jason Bickford

Jason

I will be on a launch monitor Saturday morning. I can share the comparison between the two when i'm done.
Jason

Awesome, I'm excited to hear how they compare for you!  As for me, the Code Blue seems to spin a little less than the 59 but not much.  I tipped the Code Blue so that was probably why.

#17 supajsn98

supajsn98

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:18 AM

Hey Nickthurgood, just getting back to you with a comparison on the Ninja v Raptor...
I hit on a Flight Scope X2 i believe (was not the new X3)... It seemed to have trouble reading ball speed most of the morning so I was skeptical on a lot of the numbers we were getting back BUT... With the Ninja XXX I was anywhere from 1800 - 2400 RPM and with the Raptor XXX I was 2000 - 2600 RPM. This was a first for me hitting LD equipment on any launch monitor so this is all I have for comparison and not sure how accurate these numbers are. I will say that the swing speeds were +/- 1 MPH from a radar I use regularly.

I will say that the newer version (Raptor) is extremely light in comparison. As I said previously, Robert claims 59 grams at full 48"... When I am fully warmed up this shaft is not stiff enough so it will not be my go to

Hope this was helpful
Jason

#18 Nickthurgood

Nickthurgood

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2018 - 07:28 PM

View Postsupajsn98, on 13 March 2018 - 10:18 AM, said:

Hey Nickthurgood, just getting back to you with a comparison on the Ninja v Raptor...
I hit on a Flight Scope X2 i believe (was not the new X3)... It seemed to have trouble reading ball speed most of the morning so I was skeptical on a lot of the numbers we were getting back BUT... With the Ninja XXX I was anywhere from 1800 - 2400 RPM and with the Raptor XXX I was 2000 - 2600 RPM. This was a first for me hitting LD equipment on any launch monitor so this is all I have for comparison and not sure how accurate these numbers are. I will say that the swing speeds were +/- 1 MPH from a radar I use regularly.

I will say that the newer version (Raptor) is extremely light in comparison. As I said previously, Robert claims 59 grams at full 48"... When I am fully warmed up this shaft is not stiff enough so it will not be my go to

Hope this was helpful
Jason
Wow, great to know!!  Thank you very much!  So cool that it is 59 grams but sounds like it spins a touch more. I appreciate the info.  I usually do a XX so I might have to get the XXX now with this info!  Thanks again!

#19 Nickthurgood

Nickthurgood

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2018 - 11:21 AM

Hope this was helpful
Jason
Hey Jason,

Do you know anything of how House of Forged might be effected w/ Matrix selling their assets to LA Golf?

#20 supajsn98

supajsn98

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 02:09 PM

View PostNickthurgood, on 20 March 2018 - 11:21 AM, said:

Hope this was helpful
Jason
Hey Jason,

Do you know anything of how House of Forged might be effected w/ Matrix selling their assets to LA Golf?

I do not. When I spoke to Robert last he simply mentioned that Matrix was under a new owner group and he seemed happy about the future. It seems that they are using newer and better technology and materials to make their existing shaft models lighter and stronger. Not sure if the two are related, but it seems that way.

If you have specific questions you should give Robert a call. He welcomes the discussion and will give you plenty of time.

Jason

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#21 CmacLD

CmacLD

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 409776
GolfWRX Likes : 30

Posted 26 March 2018 - 03:42 PM

I have just completed a shaft order from HoF with a bunch of new Raptors ( ninja)  and Predtors ( Platnuim)  will post some numbers soon,Robert is a great guy,,,and seems business is back to normal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors