Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

What's the protocol?


  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 CommerceTiger

CommerceTiger

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 257846
  • Joined: 06/22/2013
  • Location:Commerce, GA
  • Handicap:4.2
  • Ebay ID:jtur4477
GolfWRX Likes : 1246

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:58 PM

May be having my first issue. I shipped a head and tracking says it's delivered but he says it never got to him. I'm going to file a claim but if they say there is nothing they can do since it shows delivered what is the protocol? It's only a $45 driver for what it's worth. And I do believe the guy is stand up. So I don't think it's a scam at all

Titleist 907 D2 w/ V2 67
TM RBZ Stage 2 5W HL 21*
Mizuno MP63 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM4 52 & 58
Odyssey Tour Fill 2 Ball
WITB Link

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 jlebeane13

jlebeane13

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 416812
  • Joined: 03/21/2016
  • Location:Illinois
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 131

Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:31 PM

As long as you kept your receipt and all the info is correct on it your pretty much protected,
USPS has standard $50 insr on all priority mail.
Most likely one of three things has happens. Your shipper just dropped at wrong address, buyer received but is saying they didnt, or more likely a porch pirate took it.
But either way if you have your shipping receipt and the mailing info is correct your protected.
Tell the buyer to file a claim with the shipper.
Titleist 917 D2 9.5* Oban Kiyoshi HB 04 Flex, Tipped 1 inch
Titleist 917 F2  15* Mitsubishi Diamana BB 70 S Flex, Tipped 2 inches
Titleist 818 H1 18.25* Aldila Rouge 80 S Flex,
Titleist 718 AP2 4 - 9 ProjectX 6.0
Titleist SM6 46* ProjectX 6.0 SS x 1
Titleist SM6 50*, 54*, and 58* ProjectX 5.5
Scotty Cameron Newport Select 36 inches
Titleist Prov1 (2017)

2

#3 KCCO

KCCO

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138532
  • Joined: 09/06/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 593

Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:42 PM

This^^^^^^^fairly quick process, especially since your not talking thousands
Titleist 917 D3   Tour Spec Speeder
Titleist 917 F2   Tensei Orange
Titleist 818 H2   Tensei White
Titleist 718 CB 4-PW KBS C-Taper Limited Gun Metal
PXG Darkness 52/58    MCI-100 black
009 ProV1


3

#4 deadsolid...shank

deadsolid...shank

    Legend

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 11,351 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99408
  • Joined: 11/30/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 7534

Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:28 AM

Don't think it's going to matter if anyone files a claim with the shipper, they show it delivered. As far as they're concerned, they're done.
Titleist 910 8.5
Titleist 910 15*
Titleist 910H 17*
2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
SC GoLo
Vokey SM5 52,58,62

4

#5 Jojodimaggio

Jojodimaggio

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 363909
  • Joined: 02/25/2015
  • Location:Seattle
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 769

Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:47 AM

If you believe he’s stand up and he believes you are split it down the middle. It sucks but neither of you did anything wrong and usps screwed up

Tour Issue M4 8.9 Mitsubishi Diamana Proto 70tx
TM M3 15 degree Kuro Kage Proto 80tx
Cleveland 18 degree Mashie Miyazaki 105g

Tour Issue TM 750 4-PW Modus 130x
Taylormade MG 52,56,60 TI S400
Bettinardi BB56
Titleist prov1x

5

#6 SwingBlues

SwingBlues

    We are the Old Dark Navy Blues

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,226 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 44148
  • Joined: 12/18/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 526

Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:57 AM

I

View Postdeadsolid...shank, on 15 February 2018 - 12:28 AM, said:

Don't think it's going to matter if anyone files a claim with the shipper, they show it delivered. As far as they're concerned, they're done.

I agree, if I was the seller, the address is correct and I have a tracking number and it shows delivered. I am done & I fulfilled my obligation. I should not be responsible for securing the porch or whatever the buyer has. The buyer has the tracking number as well and if there are "issues" with thefts in his neighborhood, he should take precaution at his end. My 2c

Now, I'd like to hear from someone who had this issue with USPS and like to see how the USPS actually reacted...
Callaway Epic GBB 8° draw bias, Fujikura Limited Edition 17/150 "Masters" ATMOS Tour Spec 6X, finished length 44"
Mizuno FliHI 2 iron bent 1* strong, C-Taper Lite
Taylormade UDI 2 iron, 18* KBS C-Taper Lite

Taylormade P790 4-PW, Nippon Modus 3 105  with ProSoft inserts, Grip Master Perforated leather grips
Ben Hogan 2018 Equalizer 48* and 52* Forged wedges
Nike Engage Toe Sweep 56* wedge
Directed Force  Reno 2.0 Putter 34"


Ball: Srixon XV
Swing: PPGS, a Surgite !!!

6

#7 SubaruWRX

SubaruWRX

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,687 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40485
  • Joined: 10/06/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 1824

Posted 15 February 2018 - 01:31 AM

View Postjlebeane13, on 14 February 2018 - 11:31 PM, said:

Tell the buyer to file a claim with the shipper.
I don’t think the buyer can. Pretty sure the person that shipped the item has to file the claim.
“I think getting advice from guys who are sitting at the computer in their underwear while taking a break from porn is a very solid way to choose clubs.” - bluedot

7

#8 eddiebigeddie

eddiebigeddie

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 296925
  • Joined: 02/15/2014
  • Location:South Central Ky
  • Handicap:17
  • Ebay ID:eddiebigeddie
GolfWRX Likes : 361

Posted 15 February 2018 - 05:12 AM

If you have the tracking info, and it was USPS they can tell you who delivered it at what time and within 5 feet of where it was delivered. USPS uses gps tracking so it will show that for you. They USPS can look it up if they choose to.  

I had something similar happen to me and when I asked my buddy who works at USPS, he told me about the above tracking. Once I told the buyer the info, the package appeared within 20 min...supposedly delivered on other end of his street.
Hope this helps.
Cobra F8+ Volition (9.5d)…………Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 6s
Cobra F6 Baffler (16.5)..................Project X HZRDUS Red 75s
Cobra F7 Hybrid (21.5)..................Aldila Tour Blue 85s

Cobra Forged Tec Black (6-Gw)…KBS $ Taper Black (stiff)
SM6 (54/14)............………………..Nippon Modus (115 wedge)
Taylormade Hi-Toe (60)............….KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 (115 wedge)

Mannkrafted MA/66 (Carbon)

Bennington LQO-9
GRINT...eddiebigeddie

8

#9 CommerceTiger

CommerceTiger

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 257846
  • Joined: 06/22/2013
  • Location:Commerce, GA
  • Handicap:4.2
  • Ebay ID:jtur4477
GolfWRX Likes : 1246

Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:36 AM

Thank you for the replies everyone. I'll let the usps process play out and then I'll work with the buyer the best I can
Titleist 907 D2 w/ V2 67
TM RBZ Stage 2 5W HL 21*
Mizuno MP63 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM4 52 & 58
Odyssey Tour Fill 2 Ball
WITB Link

9

#10 Noyes26

Noyes26

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 136297
  • Joined: 08/13/2011
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Handicap:6
  • Ebay ID:Ball26
GolfWRX Likes : 431

Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:57 AM

Here is what I would do if I trusted the buyer. Not saying it’s “protocall” just what I would do.

It’s $45. I would refund the buyer. Obviously if he’s a standup guy he will then say obviously if it arrives he will send you the money. As the seller, I look at it as the responsibility is on me until my buyer receives the item.

PING G400 LST 10* Tensei Pro Orange
TI 16 Tmag M2 16.5 Tensei Pro White
Taylormade P790 3-PW KBS $-Taper
Vokey SM7 54, 60
Few CT's
WITB Link

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 BirdieBob

BirdieBob

    PXG

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,554 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12966
  • Joined: 03/03/2006
  • Location:The Course
GolfWRX Likes : 700

Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:08 AM

I send all of mine with Signature delivery/verification required....not left on a porch, etc unsecured.
Try that next time..........
WITB....GOLF EQUIPMENT MATTERS
Taylormade M3 460 8.5*, JDM Limited Edition 2016 Basileus AAA, 60X
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 13.5*, Matrix Ozik White Tie 70Q4, X
PXG 0341X 15*, JDM Basileus Leggero 2, 75X
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 18*, Matrix Ozik Black Tie 75M4, X
PXG 0311X Gen2, Extreme Dark, #2 DI, DG 105, x100
PXG 0311X Gen2, Extreme Dark, #4 & #5 DI, NS Pro Modus3, 120x
PXG 0311P Gen2, Extreme Dark, 6 - P Irons, NS Pro Modus3, 120x
PXG 0311T 46* Milled Sugar Daddy Extreme Dark, NS Pro Modus3, 120x
PXG 0311T 50* Milled Sugar Daddy Extreme Dark, KBS Custom Wedge Matte Black, 120S
PXG 0311T 55* & 60* Milled Darkness Wedges, KBS Custom Wedge Matte Black, 120S
PXG Limited Edition Bat Attack Darkness Putter #052, 35" 375g

SUN MOUNTAIN `18 2.5+ Black Stand Bag

11

#12 deadsolid...shank

deadsolid...shank

    Legend

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 11,351 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99408
  • Joined: 11/30/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 7534

Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:12 AM

View PostNoyes26, on 15 February 2018 - 09:57 AM, said:

Here is what I would do if I trusted the buyer. Not saying it’s “protocall” just what I would do.

It’s $45. I would refund the buyer. Obviously if he’s a standup guy he will then say obviously if it arrives he will send you the money. As the seller, I look at it as the responsibility is on me until my buyer receives the item.

Probably what I would do also. And if the buyer is a stand up guy he’ll say “Hey, I really appreciate that, how about refund half of the price and then we’re both out just a small amount”.
Titleist 910 8.5
Titleist 910 15*
Titleist 910H 17*
2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
SC GoLo
Vokey SM5 52,58,62

12

#13 the bishop

the bishop

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 439390
  • Joined: 09/03/2016
  • Location:Richmond, TX
GolfWRX Likes : 2420

Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:15 AM

View PostSwingBlues, on 15 February 2018 - 12:57 AM, said:

I

View Postdeadsolid...shank, on 15 February 2018 - 12:28 AM, said:

Don't think it's going to matter if anyone files a claim with the shipper, they show it delivered. As far as they're concerned, they're done.

I agree, if I was the seller, the address is correct and I have a tracking number and it shows delivered. I am done & I fulfilled my obligation. I should not be responsible for securing the porch or whatever the buyer has. The buyer has the tracking number as well and if there are "issues" with thefts in his neighborhood, he should take precaution at his end. My 2c

Now, I'd like to hear from someone who had this issue with USPS and like to see how the USPS actually reacted...
I did a swap transaction with member RosePark last year where the item I sent him was a few dozen golf balls so it was a fairly small box, probably not much bigger than the driver head you shipped.  USPS showed it delivered but he said he didn't receive it.  Turns out USPS delivered it to the wrong house on his block.  I think he ended up talking to the route driver and figuring it out.
Ping G400 - Tour 65 - S
'16 TM M1 Tour issue 14* - MPF Pro Series FW - S
B-Stone TourB XD-H 21/24 - Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 80
W/S FG62 5-P DGS300
W/S PMP Raw 52/56/60 KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
Scotty 5W

13

#14 golffeen007

golffeen007

    Greens Keeper

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 83004
  • Joined: 05/15/2009
  • Location:Alabama
  • Handicap:3.6
GolfWRX Likes : 86

Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:59 AM

How long ago did this delivery take place? Possibility it delivered to the wrong location and hopefully the wrong recipient will return. I've had stuff show delivered before that the post office actually took back with them and left no notice. Hopefully it all works out for you and your buyer.
Ping G400 LST 8.5 - Matrix Ozik 2017 Prototype 281
[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Titleist 917 F2 16.5 Diamana 80x
[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Callaway 2018 MB TI X100]
[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Callaway MD4 Raw
[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Odyssey 7s
Sun Mountain 4.5
Titleist ProV1

14

#15 GoIrish17

GoIrish17

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,882 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 157931
  • Joined: 01/26/2012
  • Location:Cuyahoga Falls, OH
  • Handicap:8
  • Ebay ID:bschultz0170
GolfWRX Likes : 3707

Posted 15 February 2018 - 11:03 AM

View Posteddiebigeddie, on 15 February 2018 - 05:12 AM, said:

If you have the tracking info, and it was USPS they can tell you who delivered it at what time and within 5 feet of where it was delivered. USPS uses gps tracking so it will show that for you. They USPS can look it up if they choose to.  

I had something similar happen to me and when I asked my buddy who works at USPS, he told me about the above tracking. Once I told the buyer the info, the package appeared within 20 min...supposedly delivered on other end of his street.
Hope this helps.

Unfortunately, this isn’t always the case. My neighborhood’s mailman normally parks the truck in the middle of a block, scams everything, then takes off to deliver. If I ever wanted to track where an item were “delivered” it’d be within 5 feet of the curb he parks next to a block down from my house.

OP, you’re taking the correct course of action letting the USPS inquiry play out, but don’t be laissez faire about it- keep calling and checking in. I’ve had many instances where it’s taken numerous calls with assurances of “we’ll get to the bottom of it and call right back”, with no call right back, to finally get someone to take action.

Unfortunately, if in fact they aren’t able to determine that the item was delivered to the wrong address or some other mistake on their end, I can’t fault the USPS for not honoring a claim that is filed on an item that shows as delivered but can’t be located. The USPS offers services (for a fee) that insure items will not be delivered to the wrong address. I personally don’t think the USPS should be paying out claims on every single item that disappears from someone’s front porch. Priority Mail already costs enough. If this ends up being the case, hopefully the buyer and yourself can work out something satisfactory to both of you.

Driver: TaylorMade M2 ('16) 10.5° Matrix Speed Rulz C-Type Proto
Fairway: TI Aeroburner TP 15
° Diamana D+ 70 Limited
Fairway: TI Aeroburner TP 18° (19.5° small head) Red Tie 8Q3
Hybrid: Adams Pro Mini 23° OG Ozik Altus
Irons: Srixon 545 5-pw Recoil 110
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 2.0 raw 48
°, 54°, 58° KBS 610 125
Putter: Tad Moore Pro 1S prototype
Putter: Scotty AOP Newport oil can
Putter: Piretti Bosa Prototype raw
Putter: Piretti Potenza II black


WITB: http://www.golfwrx.c...sh17s-new-witb/

15

#16 GoIrish17

GoIrish17

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,882 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 157931
  • Joined: 01/26/2012
  • Location:Cuyahoga Falls, OH
  • Handicap:8
  • Ebay ID:bschultz0170
GolfWRX Likes : 3707

Posted 15 February 2018 - 11:07 AM

View PostJMuhnay, on 15 February 2018 - 11:04 AM, said:

View PostSwingBlues, on 15 February 2018 - 12:57 AM, said:

I

View Postdeadsolid...shank, on 15 February 2018 - 12:28 AM, said:

Don't think it's going to matter if anyone files a claim with the shipper, they show it delivered. As far as they're concerned, they're done.

I agree, if I was the seller, the address is correct and I have a tracking number and it shows delivered. I am done & I fulfilled my obligation. I should not be responsible for securing the porch or whatever the buyer has. The buyer has the tracking number as well and if there are "issues" with thefts in his neighborhood, he should take precaution at his end. My 2c

Now, I'd like to hear from someone who had this issue with USPS and like to see how the USPS actually reacted...

Agree with this- shipped item, provided tracking, shows delivered.  Obviously willing to do anything with USPS to help the process, but not going to refund because I "feel bad" no matter the amount....

I’d reserve opinion until I had even a tiny bit of experience on the BST.
Driver: TaylorMade M2 ('16) 10.5° Matrix Speed Rulz C-Type Proto
Fairway: TI Aeroburner TP 15
° Diamana D+ 70 Limited
Fairway: TI Aeroburner TP 18° (19.5° small head) Red Tie 8Q3
Hybrid: Adams Pro Mini 23° OG Ozik Altus
Irons: Srixon 545 5-pw Recoil 110
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 2.0 raw 48
°, 54°, 58° KBS 610 125
Putter: Tad Moore Pro 1S prototype
Putter: Scotty AOP Newport oil can
Putter: Piretti Bosa Prototype raw
Putter: Piretti Potenza II black


WITB: http://www.golfwrx.c...sh17s-new-witb/

16

#17 CrushSticks

CrushSticks

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 194408
  • Joined: 07/24/2012
  • Location:Illinois
  • Ebay ID:Fawkesman3000
GolfWRX Likes : 299

Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:09 PM

USPS is absolutely awful. My company ships some
Of our packages with them and they are always marking packages as “delivered” when they either delivered them to the wrong address, or often times, not at all.
Wilson Fg Tour M3- Black Ops Black Mamba
Adams Tight Lies 3-16
Adams Tight Lies 5-19(Fuji Speeder 7.2)
Wilson FG Tour V4 Utility - 3
                Wilson FG Tour M3 4-GW (Dynamic Gold XP)
                Vokey SM 09 56
Odyssey Versa 1W WBW 34"

17

#18 deadsolid...shank

deadsolid...shank

    Legend

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 11,351 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99408
  • Joined: 11/30/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 7534

Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:38 PM

View PostJMuhnay, on 15 February 2018 - 11:09 AM, said:

View PostGoIrish17, on 15 February 2018 - 11:07 AM, said:

View PostJMuhnay, on 15 February 2018 - 11:04 AM, said:

View PostSwingBlues, on 15 February 2018 - 12:57 AM, said:

I

View Postdeadsolid...shank, on 15 February 2018 - 12:28 AM, said:

Don't think it's going to matter if anyone files a claim with the shipper, they show it delivered. As far as they're concerned, they're done.

I agree, if I was the seller, the address is correct and I have a tracking number and it shows delivered. I am done & I fulfilled my obligation. I should not be responsible for securing the porch or whatever the buyer has. The buyer has the tracking number as well and if there are "issues" with thefts in his neighborhood, he should take precaution at his end. My 2c

Now, I'd like to hear from someone who had this issue with USPS and like to see how the USPS actually reacted...

Agree with this- shipped item, provided tracking, shows delivered.  Obviously willing to do anything with USPS to help the process, but not going to refund because I "feel bad" no matter the amount....

I’d reserve opinion until I had even a tiny bit of experience on the BST.

It really doesn't matter where it takes place.  It's an online sale, you purchased it from me, I shipped it with tracking and it says delivered.  I'll help any way I can, but whether it's the BST or Ebay I'm not going to be refunding you just to be a good guy.

I don’t feel my responsibility as a seller ends until it is physically in the buyer’s hands. Others may feel differently. That’s why I always require a signature...unless the buyer expressly says it’s ok to not be signed for. THEN, it’s on him once they show delivered.
Titleist 910 8.5
Titleist 910 15*
Titleist 910H 17*
2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
SC GoLo
Vokey SM5 52,58,62

18

#19 radiman

radiman

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,221 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56856
  • Joined: 05/30/2008
  • Location:Moorhead, MN
  • Handicap:3.8
GolfWRX Likes : 860

Posted 15 February 2018 - 01:03 PM

On two separate occasions recently, I had some items delivered to work to avoid having them sitting on my steps.  Both times, the mail man showed up, didn't deliver the package but the item was scanned as delivered.  I expected them to show up the next day.  Nothing showed up.  I called the local post office and they basically told me that I'd have to file a claim.  I questioned how it could have been marked delivered while I watched the mailman not deliver it.  He was obviously irritated with me and went in the back to try and find it.  He came back and said he's sorry but they don't have it.  I left and got a call back a couple hours later claiming that they found the package behind a door in the back.  I questioned why it was marked as delivered and they just said that it happens sometimes.  The second time this happened, it was actually delivered the next day.  

Long story short, you can't always trust that the mailman actually delivered the package as the tracking shows.  It may be worth a call to that local postal branch to try and track it down.
Rogue SZ 10.5 w/Graphite Design AD TP 6X
Epic SZ 3 FW w/Matrix White Tie 7X3 X
Callaway X-Forged UT 21* w/Motore Speeder TS 8.8 X
Srixon Z965 4-PW w/PX LZ 6.5
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2
Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
All sitting comfortably in my Sun Mountain Sync Cart Bag

19

#20 SwingBlues

SwingBlues

    We are the Old Dark Navy Blues

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,226 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 44148
  • Joined: 12/18/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 526

Posted 15 February 2018 - 01:04 PM

View Postdeadsolid...shank, on 15 February 2018 - 12:38 PM, said:

View PostJMuhnay, on 15 February 2018 - 11:09 AM, said:

It really doesn't matter where it takes place.  It's an online sale, you purchased it from me, I shipped it with tracking and it says delivered.  I'll help any way I can, but whether it's the BST or Ebay I'm not going to be refunding you just to be a good guy.

I don’t feel my responsibility as a seller ends until it is physically in the buyer’s hands. Others may feel differently. That’s why I always require a signature...unless the buyer expressly says it’s ok to not be signed for. THEN, it’s on him once they show delivered.

I think I learnt something here too, a signature would be the way to go. In the past I have not done this even with bigger sales, not thinking about the consequences of a "delivered but I didn't get it". Whether the "didn't get" is legit or scam, a signature would be definite proof of pick up since USPS requires ID and more importantly, not left at the door for the buzzards to steal.

I think its only a $1 more and like insurance, you pay for it begrudgingly but if it goes south, you're glad you had it.

Edited by SwingBlues, 15 February 2018 - 01:06 PM.

Callaway Epic GBB 8° draw bias, Fujikura Limited Edition 17/150 "Masters" ATMOS Tour Spec 6X, finished length 44"
Mizuno FliHI 2 iron bent 1* strong, C-Taper Lite
Taylormade UDI 2 iron, 18* KBS C-Taper Lite

Taylormade P790 4-PW, Nippon Modus 3 105  with ProSoft inserts, Grip Master Perforated leather grips
Ben Hogan 2018 Equalizer 48* and 52* Forged wedges
Nike Engage Toe Sweep 56* wedge
Directed Force  Reno 2.0 Putter 34"


Ball: Srixon XV
Swing: PPGS, a Surgite !!!

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 Togatown22

Togatown22

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,495 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14577
  • Joined: 05/05/2006
  • Location:Saratoga Springs, NY
  • Handicap:4.7
  • Ebay ID:togatown22
GolfWRX Likes : 1415

Posted 15 February 2018 - 02:19 PM

View PostJMuhnay, on 15 February 2018 - 11:04 AM, said:



Agree with this- shipped item, provided tracking, shows delivered.  Obviously willing to do anything with USPS to help the process, but not going to refund because I "feel bad" no matter the amount....

Please don't sell anything on WRX, thx.
Rogue 10.5 Graphite Design AD TP 6S
Rogue 15 PX Even Flow Blue S
816H1 19 Oban Kiyoshi Purple 100g 04
718 AP3 4,5 DG AWT Black S
718 AP2 6-Gap DG AWT Black S
SM7 54.10M, 58.04L DG TI Onyx S400
Futura 5.5W

21

#22 Gh05t

Gh05t

    DONT DEAL WITH ME, CANT BE TRUSTED...GO DUCKS

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 431378
  • Joined: 07/03/2016
  • Location:Tucson
  • Handicap:19
  • Ebay ID:Chrisapodac-0
GolfWRX Likes : 257

Posted 15 February 2018 - 03:31 PM

Hey everyone,  I'm the buyer,  the issue has been resolved.  I thought it might have actually been stolen,  turns out my neighbor secured it.  The item is with me safe and sound. OP went above and beyond when I told him I didn't get it,  I've dealt with him in the past and its always been good experience. Case closed
Gamers:                                                                                                         Backups:
Taylormade 17M2 10.5 UST Proforce V2 7F5                                              Callaway 816 DBD Diamana D+ 70X
Taylomade 17M2 3w Hzrdus Red 6.0                                                           Callaway 816 Alpha 14* Aldila Rogue 70s I/O
Ping Crossover 4 21* blue dot Tour Ad 95X                                                  Nike Covert Forged 4-AW DG S300        
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 5-PW DG X100                                                               Cobra Trusty Tour 52/60 King 56 DG S200
Cleveland RTX588 2.0 50/58 RTX3 54 DG wedgeflex                                  Nike Method Concept C1/Taylormade Ghost Tour Black Maranello
Odyssey Oworks 7s Red                                                                               Maxfli 4.0 Stand Bag(green/white.....Go Ducks!)            
Nike Air Sport III stand bag

22

#23 CommerceTiger

CommerceTiger

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 257846
  • Joined: 06/22/2013
  • Location:Commerce, GA
  • Handicap:4.2
  • Ebay ID:jtur4477
GolfWRX Likes : 1246

Posted 15 February 2018 - 04:00 PM

View PostGh05t, on 15 February 2018 - 03:31 PM, said:

Hey everyone,  I'm the buyer,  the issue has been resolved.  I thought it might have actually been stolen,  turns out my neighbor secured it.  The item is with me safe and sound. OP went above and beyond when I told him I didn't get it,  I've dealt with him in the past and its always been good experience. Case closed

Thank you buddy. Glad it all worked out for us! You can close this up more. It's gone a different direction than intended
Titleist 907 D2 w/ V2 67
TM RBZ Stage 2 5W HL 21*
Mizuno MP63 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM4 52 & 58
Odyssey Tour Fill 2 Ball
WITB Link

23

#24 kerila07

kerila07

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 448866
  • Joined: 12/13/2016
  • Location:Pittsburgh
  • Handicap:0.3
  • Ebay ID:kerila07
GolfWRX Likes : 92

Posted 15 February 2018 - 05:01 PM

Always require a signature I once sold an item on amazon showed as delivered to buyer, they stated they didn't receive it filed a dispute with amazon then it was on me to prove the receive it and they refunded the money for me so I lost the item and the cash.  Learned a hard lesson that day

24

#25 Togatown22

Togatown22

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,495 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14577
  • Joined: 05/05/2006
  • Location:Saratoga Springs, NY
  • Handicap:4.7
  • Ebay ID:togatown22
GolfWRX Likes : 1415

Posted 15 February 2018 - 05:18 PM

View PostJMuhnay, on 15 February 2018 - 02:56 PM, said:

View PostTogatown22, on 15 February 2018 - 02:19 PM, said:

View PostJMuhnay, on 15 February 2018 - 11:04 AM, said:

Agree with this- shipped item, provided tracking, shows delivered.  Obviously willing to do anything with USPS to help the process, but not going to refund because I "feel bad" no matter the amount....

Please don't sell anything on WRX, thx.

Care to explain why?  I said I'd assist with USPS process as much as possible, but you're saying I should take every buyer at their word that they "didn't recieve the item" even though it says delivered and give them their money back?  Doesn't make much sense.....

Sure, I'll explain.  I'd prefer to avoid someone who's going to take a hard line about how they handle quirky situations that sometimes come up when buying and selling on WRX; like in this thread.  We are all golf geeks and part of this community; I'd rather foster a message of "hey man, we're all in this together, let's figure out a way to make it work."  I'd hope that's how someone would treat me if a package sent my way got lost, so that's how I treat people when I sell here.  That's just me.

OP; I'm glad it worked out for you!

Rogue 10.5 Graphite Design AD TP 6S
Rogue 15 PX Even Flow Blue S
816H1 19 Oban Kiyoshi Purple 100g 04
718 AP3 4,5 DG AWT Black S
718 AP2 6-Gap DG AWT Black S
SM7 54.10M, 58.04L DG TI Onyx S400
Futura 5.5W

25



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors