Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Adams hybrid irons D5 by OEM intent

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Snowman9000

Snowman9000

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 107588
  • Handicap:9.9
GolfWRX Likes : 153

Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:01 AM

I had good luck with the hybrids of the set, so I bought a set of 2015 Adams Idea Tech irons, which were marketed as being for swings 85 MPH and below. (Me.) Hybrids - hollow irons - scoring irons, which are shafted .335 - .350 - .370 respectively.  But anyway, the factory spec for swingweight is D5.  I know that some of you don't even consider swingweight, but whatever.  The point is, I should have taken it a bit more seriously.

I am in AZ with them, and my shop tools are at home.  I don't think the hybrids I bought first are D5.  But the irons sure are.  Swinging the 7 iron feels like swinging a DG shafted sand wedge!  At first I thought it would be a great thing, but it's not really.  I wonder what they were thinking.  It's so far out of the norm.  Did they think golfers "would get used to them", and then be much more consistent?  If only it was that easy.

I went:
1st swing, thin heel
2nd, way fat
3rd, shank.

Barney Adams taught that if the club doesn't work by the 3rd swing, it doesn't work.  If you keep trying, you will "get used to" a club that doesn't fit.

I then picked up my normal  80 gram graphite 7 iron (about D1) and on the first try hit it dead solid middle.  Again, D5, what the heck is up with that?  Is this a more common thing today?  I know it is with some drivers.  Trying to restore feel to clubs with very light shafts?

Here is the archived OEM web page if anyone is interested:
http://web.archive.o...s/DW-AL317.html

Edited by Snowman9000, 14 February 2018 - 11:07 AM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors