Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Putting Setup

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 w_yeary

w_yeary

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 167 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 254288
GolfWRX Likes : 28

Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:30 PM

I have never been a great putter.  I have been experimenting with different putting techniques.  Something that I have found to help with a consistent stroke has been to keep weight in the heels more so than the balls of my feet.  I feel like it gives me more room to swing my arms through.  I would always set up to a putt with weight distribution similar to hitting a full iron golf shot.  Anyone else have different weight distribution when putting?

Taylormade M2
Cobra Fly Z+ 3 Wood
Cobra Fly-Z 2/3 Hybrid
Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW
Cleveland RTX 2.0 50/54/58
Odyssey Works #7

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 getitdaily

getitdaily

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 479556
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 231

Posted 14 February 2018 - 09:13 PM

My weight is about 65/35 in my lead leg and centered over my feet. To me, whatever setup position best enables you to keep the lower body dead still is what should be used.

#3 golfing_penguin

golfing_penguin

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 193836
GolfWRX Likes : 122

Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:55 AM

I set up (and look for similar in my students) with back of the shoulders, middle of the elbows, and where the toes meet the foot in a straight vertical line. Then have the shaft match my forearms.

From there you're set up balanced, and it makes it easy to stroke the hands back and forth. If your putter suits your stroke (face rotation matches the arc) then that ball is only going to go straight

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors