Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Golfbuddy VTX


  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 snagy2000

snagy2000

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,220 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9545
  • Joined: 01/10/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 515

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:43 AM

Looks like a Spring 2018 release around $350 USD.

Attached Thumbnails

  • Golfbuddy VTX.jpeg

Attached Files



Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 78Staff

78Staff

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,656 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3676
  • Joined: 07/28/2005
  • Location:Florida
GolfWRX Likes : 452

Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:10 PM

Interesting, was just posting on this in the PT4 thread...

Appears to have updated tech ie voice and BT, slightly smaller screen than PT4 - in the spec sheet flyer they don't show hazard yardages on the main screen, but i see in the other pic it does show them - I prefer that to having to move to a 2nd screen... quick glance, 231 to carry bunker on right, go.

Have to see when it comes out, might be worth a look.  The black screen will definitely help battery life I suspect over the PT4 bright backgounds.

Edited by 78Staff, 15 February 2018 - 09:15 PM.

Titleist 915D3 9.5* Oban Kiyoshi Gold 65
Titleist 915Fd 15* Rouge 80
Titleist 915Hd 17.5* Rogue 85
Titleist 712 MB S300 3-PW
Titleist TVD 56/60
Scotty Studio Stainless Newport

2

#3 snagy2000

snagy2000

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,220 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9545
  • Joined: 01/10/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 515

Posted 16 February 2018 - 08:19 AM

I noticed the screen looked slightly smaller as well. The spec sheet doesn't have any screen dimension info. One of the things I like most about the PT4 is the screen size. With the advancement in cell phone technology, GPS and battery life, one would think these companies would be able to capitalize on this with their products. Will give it a look once released in the states.

3

#4 tdk8180

tdk8180

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77908
  • Joined: 03/20/2009
  • Location:Parts Unknown
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 893

Posted 16 February 2018 - 08:33 AM

Was just looking for a PT4 update...this looks an alternative PT4 with some improved functionlaity.  Don't really care about voice, as long it is very responsive to the touch and fast.  I like the black look

4

#5 78Staff

78Staff

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,656 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3676
  • Joined: 07/28/2005
  • Location:Florida
GolfWRX Likes : 452

Posted 16 February 2018 - 01:24 PM

View Postsnagy2000, on 16 February 2018 - 08:19 AM, said:

I noticed the screen looked slightly smaller as well. The spec sheet doesn't have any screen dimension info. One of the things I like most about the PT4 is the screen size. With the advancement in cell phone technology, GPS and battery life, one would think these companies would be able to capitalize on this with their products. Will give it a look once released in the states.

2.7" screen in the specs sheet, so smaller than the PT4 and the Garmin as well it turns out.  I think the black background and black frame around the screen makes it not look that much smaller in the pictures but that is a pretty significant difference, at least to me.

Titleist 915D3 9.5* Oban Kiyoshi Gold 65
Titleist 915Fd 15* Rouge 80
Titleist 915Hd 17.5* Rogue 85
Titleist 712 MB S300 3-PW
Titleist TVD 56/60
Scotty Studio Stainless Newport

5

#6 snagy2000

snagy2000

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,220 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9545
  • Joined: 01/10/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 515

Posted 16 February 2018 - 03:54 PM

View Post78Staff, on 16 February 2018 - 01:24 PM, said:

View Postsnagy2000, on 16 February 2018 - 08:19 AM, said:

I noticed the screen looked slightly smaller as well. The spec sheet doesn't have any screen dimension info. One of the things I like most about the PT4 is the screen size. With the advancement in cell phone technology, GPS and battery life, one would think these companies would be able to capitalize on this with their products. Will give it a look once released in the states.

2.7" screen in the specs sheet, so smaller than the PT4 and the Garmin as well it turns out.  I think the black background and black frame around the screen makes it not look that much smaller in the pictures but that is a pretty significant difference, at least to me.

You're not the first person to point out I sometimes don't see things right in front of me...2.7" is disappointing...Must be a battery life issue...Might give the G8 a look if I can catch it at a cheaper price...

Edited by snagy2000, 16 February 2018 - 03:55 PM.


6

#7 snagy2000

snagy2000

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,220 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9545
  • Joined: 01/10/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 515

Posted 11 April 2018 - 08:21 PM

http://www.golfbuddy...roducts/vtx.asp

7

#8 ob18

ob18

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 400786
  • Joined: 10/26/2015
  • Location:PA
GolfWRX Likes : 241

Posted 16 July 2018 - 07:58 PM

Anybody have any current thoughts on this device?
10* Callaway XR Driver
15* Nickent 3 Wood
18* Nickent F30 Hybrid
Taylormade M2 Irons - 5 iron to A wedge
54*, 58* Cleveland RTX 2.0 Wedges
Taylormade Ardmore 2 "L" Neck Putter

8

#9 snagy2000

snagy2000

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,220 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9545
  • Joined: 01/10/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 515

Posted 17 July 2018 - 06:50 AM

View Postob18, on 16 July 2018 - 07:58 PM, said:

Anybody have any current thoughts on this device?

Has anyone physically seen the device in retail?

9

#10 ob18

ob18

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 400786
  • Joined: 10/26/2015
  • Location:PA
GolfWRX Likes : 241

Posted 17 July 2018 - 06:10 PM

View Postsnagy2000, on 17 July 2018 - 06:50 AM, said:

View Postob18, on 16 July 2018 - 07:58 PM, said:

Anybody have any current thoughts on this device?

Has anyone physically seen the device in retail?

Never seem golf buddy in stores...............some how Dick's had the world (2011) model in stores on black friday when i got mine years ago but nothing since.

10* Callaway XR Driver
15* Nickent 3 Wood
18* Nickent F30 Hybrid
Taylormade M2 Irons - 5 iron to A wedge
54*, 58* Cleveland RTX 2.0 Wedges
Taylormade Ardmore 2 "L" Neck Putter

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 swgolfer

swgolfer

    GoLow2

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 45136
  • Joined: 01/05/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 18 July 2018 - 06:41 PM

Purchased the VTX and very happy so far, as with GB products extremely user friendly and starts up knowing exactly which course and what tee I'm on. The screen is a bit small but great graphics and so far very nice battery life. Tons of features, very simple to measure shot distance....I dont keep score with it but looks easy enough. Overall very happ so far! Hope that helps.

View Postsnagy2000, on 17 July 2018 - 06:50 AM, said:

View Postob18, on 16 July 2018 - 07:58 PM, said:

Anybody have any current thoughts on this device?

Has anyone physically seen the device in retail?
Left a post about the VTX.

11



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors