Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Swing Plane Drills?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 socied

socied

GameCocks2011

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56957
GolfWRX Likes : 486

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:14 AM

Hey Guys -

What are some of your favorite swing plane drills? Just getting back into golf this season and I know I won't be right back to a 5 hdcp but for some reason I have no clue if I am starting my backswing properly?!? I used to always be able to tell right away but I cannot find the face of the club right now. I thought I was taking it inside but when I take it more outside, its almost worse. And my divots are all pointed way right.

Let me know what you guys do to make sure you are taking the club back properly.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 BB28403

BB28403

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 369711
GolfWRX Likes : 209

Posted 14 February 2018 - 02:12 AM

Get a swing plane analyzer.  Garmin has one for $99 called Tru Swing.
You see a 3d view of your swing plane.

Of every swing.  It's very helpful.

I got one, discovered I was an out to in swinger, bringing the club to the ball far too steep and causing a slice.

I changed that to an in to out swing by feeling the club almost on the back of my neck and then a feel of "swinging back around my body" on the down swing and the driver got much better.  

I haven't broken out my Tru swing yet this year but I think I will this Thursday.

#3 socied

socied

GameCocks2011

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56957
GolfWRX Likes : 486

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:00 AM

Mmmm never thought about that. I will go pick one of those up!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors