Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

1st True Refurb Scotty Studio Style

Refinish Scotty Cameron Putter DIY

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 miken9090

miken9090

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 464040
  • Handicap:7
  • Ebay ID:mneufeld9`
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:08 PM

So I picked up a Scotty for fairly cheap a year ago it was pretty beat up and thought I'd take a crack at refinishing it for the purpose of reselling. My original plan was to sand it do a black oxide and leave the insert the original stainless steel. As I looked into places to do black oxide nothing really was available for an affordable price, so i decided to go with a torched look. after torching it i thought it looked great! Then this year still having it in my garage during our -40 degree cold spell thought I would take on the challenge of trying to get it torched a little darker. After numerous torching sessions i was able to get it to a charcoal finish but was not what i was looking for. I brought it to work where we have a sand blaster and blasted it. Finally i decided this was the best finish I have had yet and stuck with it. I have since bought 7 more Scotty's and look forward to finishing each one in a different finish. As well as changed my philosophy of making money of these putters and take up more of a collection. Although i did sell this one to my coworker who i look forward to completely destroying this summer on the course. Please let me know your thoughts and comments as I'm new to refinishing and look forward to hearing any feedback or advice.

Attached Thumbnails

• Studio Style Collage Face.JPG
  • Studio Style Collage back.JPG
  • Studio Style Collage Sole.JPG
  • Sand Blasted Studio Grip.JPG

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Also tagged with Refinish, Scotty, Cameron, Putter, DIY

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors