Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Tommy Fleetwood WITB: 2018 Genesis Open


46 replies to this topic

#31 pierso2

pierso2

    Shooters Shoot

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,386 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 222023
  • Joined: 01/15/2013
  • Location:Chicago, Illinois
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 1006

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:41 AM

 SwooshLT, on 13 February 2018 - 09:40 AM, said:

 pierso2, on 13 February 2018 - 09:32 AM, said:

Annnnndddd now I'm looking for VR pros...Gosh I forgot how great those looked. Might try to "satin" a set if they can be had for cheap

Oh boy

Lol should've bought those ones you had!

Option 1
Taylormade M4 9.5 Tensei CK Blue 70x
Callaway Big Bertha 816 Alpha 16 AD-DI 8x black
Nike VR Pro 3 hybrid project x 6.0
Adams XTD Forged 4-PW Fujikura MCI 120S
Adams MB2 GW
Callaway Mac Daddy Forged 60
Toulon Garage Atlanta Black Pearl
Ping 4 Series Tour Edition White/ Bridgestone 2014 Tour Bag

Option 2
Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5 Whiteboard Flowerband 7x
16 Taylormade M1 5 wood AD-TP 7s
Ping Anser 20 stock stiff
Taylormade 2016 M2 Tour XP105 stiff
Cleveland RTX 2.0 52 deg raw
Titleist Vokey Prototype 58 T Grind
Carbon Ringo Raw Whisky

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 03trdblack

03trdblack

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,615 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3549
  • Joined: 07/28/2005
  • Location:Wake Forest, NC
  • Handicap:1.8
GolfWRX Likes : 792

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:14 AM

I tried to make the Vapor Fly 3 wood work more than probably any other 3 wood I've had.  I always felt like it had the perfect shape and felt fantastic but the slot they used on the bottom seem to dig into the ground so badly that I had to move on.  Off the tee it hit beautiful mid height missles that ran forever!  Unfortunately though, if the ground was soft and you caught it just a little heavy, it would drag so badly it felt like you were losing half your swing speed.  This of course started to get into my brain and I felt like I had to basically hit it thin in order to avoid the slot catching the ground.  If Nike had only filled that damn slot in with something to help the turf interaction....

2

#33 youngunz5840

youngunz5840

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120775
  • Joined: 01/19/2011
  • Location:San Jose CA
GolfWRX Likes : 378

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:44 AM

Man I love those vr pros the cb pro combos were shocked me at how a hack like me could play them

3

#34 weggy5

weggy5

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 442456
  • Joined: 10/04/2016
  • Location:Seattle
  • Handicap:5.6
  • Ebay ID:wagdoll5
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:45 PM

The Flusher with an awesome bag setup. Wonder if he's going to wander towards Titleist clubs since he's peeping the 718 cb.

4

#35 PLnative99

PLnative99

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 41291
  • Joined: 10/24/2007
  • Ebay ID:PLnative99
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:51 PM

I wish Nike never got out of the club business. They made good clubs, but everyone had brand loyalty and could get beyond some of the crazy colors and sound (Sumo driver). But their stuff was actually really good....good enough that Tommy Fleetwood is still playing them and TW is playing their irons and wedges.

I wonder if they would ever get back into the business?


5

#36 Langlands

Langlands

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4012
  • Joined: 07/31/2005
  • Location:Scotland
GolfWRX Likes : 635

Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:13 PM

 Fort Worth Pro, on 13 February 2018 - 08:41 AM, said:

 Langlands, on 13 February 2018 - 03:22 AM, said:

 Fort Worth Pro, on 12 February 2018 - 09:48 PM, said:

 Langlands, on 12 February 2018 - 06:10 PM, said:

 dpmontgomery79, on 12 February 2018 - 06:03 PM, said:

Love this bag and truly enjoy watching him become a well-known player. I love how he's still rocking the Nike blades and Fairway Metals. I think he was using a Nike driver all of last year only to recently switch to the M3 in Dubai. Maybe he already switched by the Hero World Challenge, I'm not sure.

He was using a Titleist driver for a short while at the end of last season before putting the TM in play. Slowly but surely (and no doubt reluctantly) phasing out the Nike clubs.

Don't be so sure. I wouldn't surprised at all if he just put a new set of Nike irons in the bag. Also wouldn't be shocked if he had some different wedges in his bag soon.

You may be right, but he has been using the Callaway wedges for about a year now.

I will be more clear. He has asked another company for wedges and they should be done soon.

Interesting. Are you sworn to secrecy? Any info on whether new irons are forthcoming?
Callaway XR 10.5
Callaway Steelhead 3W
Callaway 3h
Mizuno MX-25 4-PW
Cobra King Black Versatile 52,60
Odyssey Marxman X-Act Tank
Bionik 505 39"

6

#37 Fort Worth Pro

Fort Worth Pro

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,723 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 58263
  • Joined: 06/18/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 1407

Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:24 PM

 Langlands, on 13 February 2018 - 01:13 PM, said:


Interesting. Are you sworn to secrecy? Any info on whether new irons are forthcoming?

Not "sworn" to secrecy but don't like to run around saying this is gonna happen because players sometimes change their mind or go a different way. He may or may not switch wedges. I just know he has some coming from a different company and same company is making him some irons. If you have followed any of my posts around here it's not too difficult to figure out who that company is.

7

#38 Langlands

Langlands

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4012
  • Joined: 07/31/2005
  • Location:Scotland
GolfWRX Likes : 635

Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:42 PM

 Fort Worth Pro, on 13 February 2018 - 01:24 PM, said:

 Langlands, on 13 February 2018 - 01:13 PM, said:


Interesting. Are you sworn to secrecy? Any info on whether new irons are forthcoming?

Not "sworn" to secrecy but don't like to run around saying this is gonna happen because players sometimes change their mind or go a different way. He may or may not switch wedges. I just know he has some coming from a different company and same company is making him some irons. If you have followed any of my posts around here it's not too difficult to figure out who that company is.

I have a fair idea who it is. Thanks for sharing your inside knowledge.
Callaway XR 10.5
Callaway Steelhead 3W
Callaway 3h
Mizuno MX-25 4-PW
Cobra King Black Versatile 52,60
Odyssey Marxman X-Act Tank
Bionik 505 39"

8

#39 jonn443

jonn443

    Jonnystx

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,384 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 104882
  • Joined: 03/16/2010
  • Location:CT
GolfWRX Likes : 989

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:57 PM

 Fort Worth Pro, on 13 February 2018 - 08:41 AM, said:

 Langlands, on 13 February 2018 - 03:22 AM, said:

 Fort Worth Pro, on 12 February 2018 - 09:48 PM, said:

 Langlands, on 12 February 2018 - 06:10 PM, said:

 dpmontgomery79, on 12 February 2018 - 06:03 PM, said:

Love this bag and truly enjoy watching him become a well-known player. I love how he's still rocking the Nike blades and Fairway Metals. I think he was using a Nike driver all of last year only to recently switch to the M3 in Dubai. Maybe he already switched by the Hero World Challenge, I'm not sure.

He was using a Titleist driver for a short while at the end of last season before putting the TM in play. Slowly but surely (and no doubt reluctantly) phasing out the Nike clubs.

Don't be so sure. I wouldn't surprised at all if he just put a new set of Nike irons in the bag. Also wouldn't be shocked if he had some different wedges in his bag soon.

You may be right, but he has been using the Callaway wedges for about a year now.

I will be more clear. He has asked another company for wedges and they should be done soon.

Ar#*+@n

Another bigger name headed that way... kudos to them.
AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
AB TP 3HL / 757
XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
DWS 24*/ VS Proto
J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0

9

#40 ZBUCK

ZBUCK

    Ghost

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,022 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 320031
  • Joined: 06/10/2014
  • Location:NJ/NY
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 609

Posted 14 February 2018 - 09:49 AM

 Benzo, on 12 February 2018 - 09:04 PM, said:

What is tommy's Go to ball flight?

Knock down trap/baby draws usually, he rarely full swings at anything. C HOFF STYLE!

Instagram: @z.buck

Callaway GBB Epic - 10.5 / Kiyoshi Purple 65 X
Titleist 915F - 21 / AD DJ 7 X
Callaway Apex - 24 / Revenge 85 X
Srixon Z745 - 5-PW / DG Tour Issue S400
Vokey SM6 - 50F, 55S / KBS 610 S+
Callaway PM-Grind - 60 / KBS 610 S+
Odyssey Tour Issue Versa 2-Ball Slant

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#41 GC70

GC70

    What's Next?

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,176 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62144
  • Joined: 08/02/2008
  • Location:State of Hockey
  • Handicap:7.1
GolfWRX Likes : 2878

Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:10 PM

I love watching this guy. I cant wait to see his new wedges! Still gaming the classic VTS shafts.
G400 Max 9* Atmos Blue 6S
XR Steelhead 15* Atmos Red 7S
818 H1 Atmos Blue 8S
TESTING
SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M
Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)
Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)
Pro V1x / CSX

WITB Link

11

#42 Njames.cook2014

Njames.cook2014

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 491990
  • Joined: 01/27/2018
  • Ebay ID:Nathacoo3
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:47 AM

Altogether a sweet bag

12

#43 gregcindyh

gregcindyh

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11441
  • Joined: 02/07/2006
  • Location:Austin, Tx
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 19 February 2018 - 11:02 PM

I'm surprised he moved on from the Nike driver?
Callaway Rogue 9* Project X Even flow 65x
Titleist FD 15* Diamana Blue Board 80x
Adams a12 pro 20* Hybrid Diamana whiteboard 90x
Bridgestone J15 CB 4-PW DG Pro

Nike VR Pro 52*DG s400
Nike VR Pro 56* DG s400
Titleist SM5 60* S grind DG s400
Scotty Cameron Squareback 34"

13

#44 Double Gee

Double Gee

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31137
  • Joined: 06/08/2007
  • Location:Watford UK
GolfWRX Likes : 184

Posted 25 February 2018 - 04:53 PM

 PLnative99, on 13 February 2018 - 12:51 PM, said:

I wish Nike never got out of the club business. They made good clubs, but everyone had brand loyalty and could get beyond some of the crazy colors and sound (Sumo driver). But their stuff was actually really good....good enough that Tommy Fleetwood is still playing them and TW is playing their irons and wedges.

I wonder if they would ever get back into the business?

Does club/brand sponsorship truly work?  Nike had Tiger and Rory as their main guys, yet failed to survive.
All those Tiger lovers should be playing Nike, or that's what they hoped for....but didn't.

14

#45 andrieddle

andrieddle

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 414694
  • Joined: 03/07/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 314

Posted 27 February 2018 - 04:03 AM

Can't wait to see the evolution of this bag

Callaway XR 16 (10)
Callaway XR 5W (19)
TaylorMade R15 4H (21)
Ping i200 (5-W)

Bridgestone J15 (50)
Callaway MD2 (56/60)

Evnroll ER3

15

#46 ccotton84

ccotton84

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 367227
  • Joined: 03/20/2015
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 19 March 2018 - 09:26 PM

I love seeing pros that stick with some older equipment and have the freedom to game different manufacturers through the bag. I know the sponsorship money would be tough to say no to, but going a la carte would be an awesome way to go.

16

#47 Highstinger

Highstinger

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 319549
  • Joined: 06/08/2014
  • Location:Singapore
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 22 March 2018 - 10:42 AM

Thats gotta be the lowest driver loft on tour!

17



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors