Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Scotty Cameron & Crown

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Roman1274

Roman1274

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 493360
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:41 PM

I was at a golf show this weekend. A store who is an authorized Scotty Cameron dealer were selling floor model  Select Mallet 1 for $200. Seems like a great price so I bought one. Does a store that is an authorized dealer be selling fakes. The putter matches all photos I've seen on major golf sites.

Edited by Roman1274, 12 February 2018 - 01:50 PM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 From_Parts_Unknown

From_Parts_Unknown

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 123904
GolfWRX Likes : 926

Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:53 PM

They could but I doubt that they would be selling a Cameron and Crown fake.  Too limited numbers.  The Chinese fakes tend to go after the Scotty Cameron models with larger demand.  Not too many people buy a 33" putter.  Plus, it would be way too risky for an authorized Titleist account to sell a fake for a couple of hundred bucks.  

My guess is that because shops were required by Titleist to buy all 4 Cameron and Crown models at a time rather than per piece, a lot of accounts got stuck with one or two putters that wouldn't sell. They most likely are trying to get rid of it below wholesale just to move it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors