Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

What wedge did Jordan play into 18th at Pebble today?

31 replies to this topic

#31 bladehunter

bladehunter

I have a great profile! Especially from the side !

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,859 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 291449
  • Handicap:NONE
GolfWRX Likes : 13156

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:12 PM

View PostAThompson_3, on 13 February 2018 - 03:01 PM, said:

View Postbladehunter, on 11 February 2018 - 11:24 AM, said:

Well if there's a video that shows the club. Then I stand corrected.  But Facebook videos from 6 months ago aren't the same thing as " here's a video of the shot.  See the club ".    The millennial use of the 60 for everything never ceases to perplex me.  Why carry anything else if you are just  going to deloft a 60 12 degrees ?
I know for me I use a 60 for literally every shot inside of 100 yards except for long bunker shots. I have found its a lot more beneficial and simplifies the game for me if I only have to think about how I am going to hit the shot instead of how I am going to hit a shot and what club will accomplish that. If I can hit a bump and run with a 60 and a high flop with a 60, plus every shot in between, why do I need to pull a different club? Plus for me growing up it was a lot easier to practice short game with one club instead of carrying 3-4 different clubs with me every time. I guess it reduces the variability, so if I hit a bad shot I know it was my fault instead of wondering if I should have used a different club.

I agree with all that except the loft.  I grew up without a lob wedge.  I can flop a 54 higher than most id bet.  Delofting a 60 enough to make it run out just seems strange.  To each his own.  I agree with the favorite loft idea. Mine is 99% of the time 50-54 degrees. Depending on which wedge set im playing.  A lob wedge to me is just that.  A wedge to hit it straight up with.  Or a full 80-95 yards ( depending on conditions ).    Not saying you are wrong. Just saying I canít inagine hitting a running shot low with one. If I did it would be sitting where it landed.  Takes a bigger swing to carry it all the way to the hole etc.

Edited by bladehunter, 13 February 2018 - 03:13 PM.

17 M1 9.5 Tour issue Aldila Synergy Blue 70TX
17 M1 14.5  Tour issue Graphite Design   AD DI 8X

009 GSS 1.5  , Beached, tungsten sole weights

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 AThompson_3

AThompson_3

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 395356
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 473

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:24 PM

View Postbladehunter, on 13 February 2018 - 03:12 PM, said:

View PostAThompson_3, on 13 February 2018 - 03:01 PM, said:

View Postbladehunter, on 11 February 2018 - 11:24 AM, said:

Well if there's a video that shows the club. Then I stand corrected.  But Facebook videos from 6 months ago aren't the same thing as " here's a video of the shot.  See the club ".    The millennial use of the 60 for everything never ceases to perplex me.  Why carry anything else if you are just  going to deloft a 60 12 degrees ?
I know for me I use a 60 for literally every shot inside of 100 yards except for long bunker shots. I have found its a lot more beneficial and simplifies the game for me if I only have to think about how I am going to hit the shot instead of how I am going to hit a shot and what club will accomplish that. If I can hit a bump and run with a 60 and a high flop with a 60, plus every shot in between, why do I need to pull a different club? Plus for me growing up it was a lot easier to practice short game with one club instead of carrying 3-4 different clubs with me every time. I guess it reduces the variability, so if I hit a bad shot I know it was my fault instead of wondering if I should have used a different club.

I agree with all that except the loft.  I grew up without a lob wedge.  I can flop a 54 higher than most id bet.  Delofting a 60 enough to make it run out just seems strange.  To each his own.  I agree with the favorite loft idea. Mine is 99% of the time 50-54 degrees. Depending on which wedge set im playing.  A lob wedge to me is just that.  A wedge to hit it straight up with.  Or a full 80-95 yards ( depending on conditions ).    Not saying you are wrong. Just saying I canít inagine hitting a running shot low with one. If I did it would be sitting where it landed.  Takes a bigger swing to carry it all the way to the hole etc.
I think youíre almost being too analytical about it, but then again I started taking up golf by stealing my dads lob wedge out his bag (because he never used it) and hitting balls in the back yard. I just have a certain comfort level with it that I know others maybe donít. But when I hit a low running shot with a lob it still feels natural to me. I donít really think in my head I need to deloft the club this much, I just think I need to hit this one low and hit the shot.
Driver: Callaway Epic SZ 9* Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 6X
3 Wood: Titleist 917 F2 15* Diamana D+ 70X
Hybrid: Titleist 818 H2 19* Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Black 9X
Irons: Mizuno MP-25 4-P DGTI X100
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 3.0 50MG TI X100, 55MG TI X100, 60MG KBS 610 S+
Putter(s): Odyssey O Works 7s Black
Ball: Titleist Pro V1
Bag: Sun Mountain Four-5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors