Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Mizuno BR-D2 - review

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kwelifan

kwelifan

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119921
GolfWRX Likes : 59

Posted 09 February 2018 - 04:05 PM

I was looking for a bag to carry 6-8 clubs.  I played in a few 3 club tourneys last year and quickly realized I was carrying more clubs than I needed in my regular rounds (and I only take 10 or 11).

Initial impressions of this bag:
-I love the Mizuno staff colors.  I currently have zero mizzy clubs but the bag looks great.
-It seems to be well made.  The dark blue areas are waterproof (which I tested in the sink and found no faults).  The rest of it seems to be cordura which should be durable.
-It has a two way top with what seems to be a full length divider (as far as my arm can reach in anyway).
-It will stand on it's own as it has a spine/structure.
-The stand is spring loaded (hand activated) and felt solid both extending and retracting.
-The pockets are small but adequate.  The water bottle holder would only fit a small, skinny bottle.  I will be keeping balls/tees in there and the water in the apparel pocket.  The pocket on the hip side should work for a range finder (if you carry such a thing with a half set).  The lined/waterproof valuables pocket is a nice touch as not every Sunday bag has this.
-The dual straps work fine with some adjusting, but I have already ordered a generic single strap.  Considering the light weight and how the stand is activated, I think a single strap will work better.

I was also considering a Jones or the sun mountain 2.5+.  This won out a few reasons.  

It beat the 2.5+ because it is far cheaper and is better at carrying a half set.  Because the Mizuno has a smaller top and only one divider, the clubs nest together and don't rattle around very much.

It bested the Jones because it was slightly cheaper and had the ability to keep the bag cleaner and drier.  I might not use the legs all the time but they are there when I need them.  The waterproof belly is a plus for sure.

Take all of this with a grain of salt as I am deep in the cabin fever/golf withdrawal.  I could only walk around indoors or my tiny back yard for testing, but I am pretty happy with this bag.  I will update this 8 years from now when the golf season finally starts.
IMG_20180209_152550832_HDR.jpg IMG_20180209_152755282_HDR.jpg IMG_20180209_152633783_HDR.jpg

Edited by kwelifan, 09 February 2018 - 04:31 PM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 aiyyer

aiyyer

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 95278
GolfWRX Likes : 176

Posted 11 February 2018 - 07:21 PM

Thanks for the review as I'm looking for a replacement for my Swift X.
I might carry a maximum of nine clubs and the 7.5 opening is perfect for walking and carrying.
How does the driver fit? Looks like the towel ring is solid and can hold a clip for a water bottle. Any Velcro patches??

#3 NixLix26

NixLix26

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 49634
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 49

Posted 09 April 2018 - 02:04 PM

Cool Review and nice Photos.  What irons are you using Taylormade ..... something older.  they look sharp.
I grew up in NH so I understand the cabin fever.
COBRA - L4V X with a Fujikura Rombax 7Z08 Tour X
NICKENT - 17deg Hybrid
TITLEIST - 712 CB  4-PW, S400
BRIDGESTONE - West Coast Design   52,56,60
RIFE - Abaco

#4 kwelifan

kwelifan

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119921
GolfWRX Likes : 59

Posted 15 April 2018 - 08:54 AM

IMG_20180415_092157642_LL~2.jpg

So there is snow on the ground today but I did get a chance to use the bag on Friday.  I am a big fan of this bag.  It was very wet so the small legs really helped.  Outside of my feet I stayed dry because the bag stayed dry.

It was perfect for 6 clubs, 6 balls, water, a jacket and a few tees.  It couldn't hold much more than that but I guess that's the point of buying something like this.  The clubs nestled together and didn't make a sound while I was out there.

I changed out the strap to a single I got from Amazon.  Not too sure why this type of bag would come with a backpack strap.  It balanced nicely with the gear I was carrying.  I highly recommend this if you are interested in going minimalist without sacrificing too much functionality.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors