Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Anyone play Draftkings Golf?

Draftkings DFS fantasy golf

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 CaddiesFault

CaddiesFault

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 152241
  • Handicap:1
GolfWRX Likes : 36

Posted 08 February 2018 - 03:29 PM

I love it. As a casual gambler, I have found this to be more entertaining and lucrative and traditional betting on outright winners, first round leads, top 10, etc...I was never very successful with the traditional gambling, but have a positive ROI in all 3 of the years of playing Draftkings. I play NBA and NFL as well, but with less results. I break about even in NBA but have lost in NFL(even with a $750 payout on a $3 ticket). NFL is a crapshoot.

Anyways, anyone else play DFS golf regularly?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 agreenway6

agreenway6

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131348
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 08 February 2018 - 05:04 PM

I play every week. Mostly cash games but will switch to GPP's for the majors. Cash games are pretty simple if you play single entry and do your research. Get 6/6 thru the cut and you're golden.

#3 JiuJitsuandGolf

JiuJitsuandGolf

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 483632
  • Handicap:11
  • Ebay ID:JiuJitsuJustin
GolfWRX Likes : 42

Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:30 PM

Damn I definitely have to look into this.  Why isn't is more advertised??

#4 LeftyLuck

LeftyLuck

Advanced Member

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 333 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 489376
GolfWRX Likes : 260

Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:40 PM

View PostJiuJitsuandGolf, on 08 February 2018 - 07:30 PM, said:

Damn I definitely have to look into this.  Why isn't is more advertised??
They used to be about 3 years ago. Were basically on the NFL game commercials every 15 seconds. Several states have made participation illegal in the last few years/fought advertising for it. New York AG made a big fuss about it a while ago, for example.

Edited by LeftyLuck, 09 February 2018 - 09:16 AM.

#5 1puttTUT

1puttTUT

Lefty with occasional game

• 1,490 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 354761
  • Handicap:4.6
  • Ebay ID:pmtuttle21
GolfWRX Likes : 817

Posted 09 February 2018 - 08:42 AM

I also play every week. It makes watching the tournament's much more interesting.

I generally can't find time to do much research so I just go with my gut.

Cobra LTD 11.5D w/ Elements Chrome 6F4
TM M2 16.5* w/ Fujikura Motore F3 80s
Cobra F6 19* w/stock garbage shaft
Titleist 913H 21* w/stock garbage shaft
Titleist 915H 24* w/stock garbage shaft
Cobra forged TEC 6-GW w/ KBS Tour 120s
Titleist Vokey SM4 54*/58* w/ Nippon Modus3 125s
Bettinardi BB8 tour flowneck

#6 CaddiesFault

CaddiesFault

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2018 - 10:04 AM

There a few i see! Nice. Yeah it def. makes watching all sports more fun. I lived in Iowa for a few months which draftkings is illegal in. It sucked!

A couple years ago i was making my own spreadsheets for golf. I dont have that kind of time anymore. Anyways, glad to see people playing.

#7 Gamble Gamble

Gamble Gamble

#TwistFaceExperience

• 2,453 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 198076
GolfWRX Likes : 2090

Posted 09 February 2018 - 11:06 AM

View PostCaddiesFault, on 08 February 2018 - 03:29 PM, said:

I love it. As a casual gambler, I have found this to be more entertaining and lucrative and traditional betting on outright winners, first round leads, top 10, etc...I was never very successful with the traditional gambling, but have a positive ROI in all 3 of the years of playing Draftkings. I play NBA and NFL as well, but with less results. I break about even in NBA but have lost in NFL(even with a $750 payout on a $3 ticket). NFL is a crapshoot.

Yes, but i have limited my play in DFS and went more to straight up bets on players.  My more serious golf gambling started with a $20 entry that i got 3rd place in for $7k.  Since then i have been incredibly fortunate to pay for my golf expenses with golf betting.

here is the other threads we use to use for this incase you want to check it out:

http://www.golfwrx.c...s#entry13179794

http://www.golfwrx.c...k#entry14125824

http://www.golfwrx.c...lers-anonymous/

The difference between DFS then and now...

Back then, if you had all 6 players make the cut, you would always make double your money back in big tournaments.  Now if you do not pick the winner and have at least 2 guys in contention at the top you barely make your money back.  Plus there are far too many professionals with 50+ entries which makes it very tough to compete with.  That is why i went to betting players directly more than playing draft kings in the last 18 months.

Edited by Gamble Gamble, 09 February 2018 - 11:19 AM.

Taylormade Kingdom M3 10* Atmos 7X
Taylormade P790 4i-AW Modus 120 TS
Ping Cadence TR Heavy Ketsch Putter
Taylormade TP5X Ball | Arccos 360

#8 CaddiesFault

CaddiesFault

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2018 - 03:01 PM

View PostGamble Gamble, on 09 February 2018 - 11:06 AM, said:

View PostCaddiesFault, on 08 February 2018 - 03:29 PM, said:

Yes, but i have limited my play in DFS and went more to straight up bets on players.  My more serious golf gambling started with a $20 entry that i got 3rd place in for $7k.  Since then i have been incredibly fortunate to pay for my golf expenses with golf betting.

here is the other threads we use to use for this incase you want to check it out:

http://www.golfwrx.c...s#entry13179794

http://www.golfwrx.c...k#entry14125824

http://www.golfwrx.c...lers-anonymous/

The difference between DFS then and now...

Back then, if you had all 6 players make the cut, you would always make double your money back in big tournaments.  Now if you do not pick the winner and have at least 2 guys in contention at the top you barely make your money back.  Plus there are far too many professionals with 50+ entries which makes it very tough to compete with.  That is why i went to betting players directly more than playing draft kings in the last 18 months.

I agree it was easier 3 years ago. Most of DKs top GPP tournaments are 20 entries max now though(like the $4 i play), which i appreciate. It is getting better than it was a year ago. I used to enter 10-30 $3 GPPs and 1 $20 double up every week. Now its about half of that due to lack of time and resources(everything costs money now). You used to be able to find good spreadsheets for free.

Had Woodland 40% last week and Day 60% the previous, so i am off to a good start this year. Have Streelman again heavy this week after taking him last week in a home event for him. I prefer DK(so does my wallet). 6/6 making the cut still only happens about 10%, so you will still always cash. I follow @cutsweats on twitter for some good cut info every week pertaining to DK.

Also tagged with Draftkings, DFS, fantasy, golf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors