Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

The "You love/care about golf more than you do me" argument with spouse/significant other


204 replies to this topic

#91 Joe V.

Joe V.

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 447490
  • Joined: 11/27/2016
  • Location:SE Pennsylvania
GolfWRX Likes : 125

Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:41 PM

My wife grew up playing, and we have played together since we met. We basically spent our honeymoon playing golf.

As the kids came along we both tapered off due to their activities, me only playing about ten times a year, her not at all for many years. Now with college-aged children she she is back with a vengeance, and we play together frequently and take golf trips together.

She's generally happy playing once a week, and I'll either play with a friend or one of our sons another day or two. Never an issue in our house. Ever.

I chose well...


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#92 widow-maker

widow-maker

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 309105
  • Joined: 04/16/2014
  • Location:Michigan
  • Handicap:2.7
  • Ebay ID:reiner53brown
GolfWRX Likes : 1501

Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:54 PM

Absolutely.  And she should ponder the reason being and her place in it.

2

#93 slimeone

slimeone

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 328273
  • Joined: 07/21/2014
  • Location:Melbourne, Australia
GolfWRX Likes : 675

Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:54 AM

 rxk9fan, on 08 February 2018 - 09:22 PM, said:

I certainly wish there was a magic pill for this one but in reality this can be a serious issue.  When I was younger I would try to fall back on the "at least I am not out doing something worse" line (and actually believing that should work).....now looking back at that I can see that had the same chance of working as me trying to hit a Hogen Apex 1 iron.  In her eyes I was gone and regardless of what I was doing gone was gone.
I was playing at least twice a week and hitting balls at least twice a week.....and for some reason my wife thought she was not important to me????  After enough fighting and resentment for some reason I tried to look at the equation from her side. I thought there is no way I would put up with her being gone 4 or 5 days of the week and then watch her catch up on chores the other two days and feel like I meant much to her.
I could not find it in myself to play and not work at it so I quit.  I resented having to quit something I loved, so I had to search for an answer.  Here is where the magic happened and boys if you want an answer that will work grab you a pen and pencil cause here I go.....I found a way to quit golf and not resent not being on the course.  I started riding fast motorcycles for short distances and once the car did a U-turn in front of me and I flipped over it compound fracturing both arms...presto!  I eventually got out of ICU and spent the next (lots of) months rehabbing.  I was no longer on the course and quit thinking about the course because I could barely wipe my own a**.  I could not feed myself and my wife was there for me and I appreciated her.
After 9 years of no golf I finally started back this year.  But, I have cut it back to one or two rounds a week and one or two practice sessions a week ...OK, not much of a cut back BUT this time around she thinks I am working for most practice sessions and sometime one of the weekly rounds.
So, crash a bike and then come back but don't tell her how much you are golfing.  My synopsis:
Crash a bike to bring you closer and then when you start back lie to the most important person in your life.
It works!!
So when you're playing mid-week and your wife thinks you're working, what does your work think you're doing?

3

#94 Warrick

Warrick

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 7,926 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 275445
  • Joined: 09/10/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 4569

Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:13 AM

If you take care of your duties as a man, who is to tell you what you can, and can't do?

I am not in any way sexist, but I work full time, she works part time.  I pay all the bills, provide insurance,  she does what she wants with her money.  I bought her a brand new car, I drive a 14 year old truck.

I have a good kid (his Das is a hard-a$$).

No one is telling me I am not playing golf, life is too short, and it makes me extremely happy.  The other thing is, I married a good women, and I doubt she would ever utter some BS like that.


You have to stack the deck in your favor.
GBB Epic 9* - Tensei Pro Orange 60
Epic SZ 3+ - Tensei Pro Orange 70
Epic 3H - Tensei Pro White
MP18 Combo 4-P - PX LZ 6.0
Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
Custom V-Line FangS O-Works - Tank
TM TP5X

4

#95 pearsonified

pearsonified

    Extreme enthusiast

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 357207
  • Joined: 01/09/2015
  • Location:Austin, TX
  • Handicap:3.3
GolfWRX Likes : 975

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:36 AM

The sun will rise; the sun will set.

Women will b*tch.

I'll still be out on the course.

*eagle screech*

Merica.

PING G400 Max 9º •• Project X LZ17 6.5 (tipped 0.5")
TM M2 3HL 16.5º •• Aldila NV 2KXV Orange 65x
Callaway Apex 20º •• Project X EvenFlow Black Hybrid 6.5
Adams MB2 4-P (22.5º-47º) •• Project X LZ 6.5
Nike VR Forged 50º/10º •• KBS Tour 130x
Vokey SM5 54º/10º M •• DG S400
Nike Engage 60º Toe Sweep •• DG S200
TM Spider Tour Limited 35"

2018 Tournament Index: 4.77 (super bummed about this, see results)
2017 Tournament Index: 2.66

Current anti-handicap: 5.8

5

#96 Mdemuth

Mdemuth

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 432902
  • Joined: 07/16/2016
  • Location:New york
  • Handicap:11
  • Ebay ID:djmyked
GolfWRX Likes : 84

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:23 AM

Any wife that isn't happy you do something that makes you happy, shouldn't be a wife...
Callaway BB Alpha 816 DBD 9.5 Degree Aldila Rogue 110MSI 60g
Callaway BB Alpha 816 14 Degree Aldila Rogue 110MSI 70g
Callaway Apex 20 degree Hybrid Kuro Kage H-80g
Callaway Apex Pro 4-A KBS Tour V
Callaway Mack Daddy 2, Tour Grind 56, 60 Degree
Nike Method MC-2i (soon to be swapped)
Callaway Chrome Soft

6

#97 callawayjay

callawayjay

    Goofiest Left Handed Swing Ever

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 107900
  • Joined: 05/13/2010
  • Location:Ft. Worth, TX
  • Handicap:5.9
  • Ebay ID:callawayjay
GolfWRX Likes : 618

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:33 PM

If you use it subconsciously as an excuse to get away from her then thatís bad news. If you hide it or hide your expenditures then that too is bad news. I donít play on the weekends. I get out during the week. I work nights. I work Saturday. Sunday is the best day of the week. I get to spend it with my family. Monday is a golf day.

7

#98 Browns71213

Browns71213

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 428076
  • Joined: 06/06/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 221

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:57 PM

Honestly this has never happened to me. Whenever I say golf my wife says "Sure, I'll get my clubs"!
Calloway Big Bertha 460 9* Driver
Cleveland HiBore XLS S 13* 3 Wood
Kasco Super Hyten K2K 33 16* Hybrid
Kasco Super Hyten K2K 44 19* Hybrid
Original King Cobra Irons 4-SW
Snake Eyes 58* Wedge
Odyssey Versa #7H 35" Putter

8

#99 SixtySomePing

SixtySomePing

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,109 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 144465
  • Joined: 10/28/2011
  • Location:Central Ohio
GolfWRX Likes : 16006

Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:12 PM

... amazes me how two people who love each other and get married would need to argue about something that brings one of them happiness if it doesn't change their love for each other...
Outlaw Golf Association #11

9

#100 LeftyLuck

LeftyLuck

    Advanced Member

  • Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 489376
  • Joined: 12/24/2017
  • Location:Fenway in the Summer
GolfWRX Likes : 333

Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:35 PM

 SixtySomePing, on 13 February 2018 - 06:12 PM, said:

... amazes me how two people who love each other and get married would need to argue about something that brings one of them happiness if it doesn't change their love for each other...
From Pelham 123

Ryder: Well, I got faith in you man... but I gotta ask you one question. You know that thing when you told your wife about the 35K, how did she react?
Walter Garber: Look, we gotta talk about...
Ryder: No, don't be sensitive.
Walter Garber: I'm not being sensitive.
Ryder: Well, did she freak out or what?
Walter Garber: She... wasn't happy, but she understood.
Ryder: Well, that's love right?
Walter Garber: No, that's marriage... that's another thing.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#101 SixtySomePing

SixtySomePing

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,109 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 144465
  • Joined: 10/28/2011
  • Location:Central Ohio
GolfWRX Likes : 16006

Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:55 PM

 LeftyLuck, on 13 February 2018 - 06:35 PM, said:

 SixtySomePing, on 13 February 2018 - 06:12 PM, said:

... amazes me how two people who love each other and get married would need to argue about something that brings one of them happiness if it doesn't change their love for each other...
From Pelham 123

Ryder: Well, I got faith in you man... but I gotta ask you one question. You know that thing when you told your wife about the 35K, how did she react?
Walter Garber: Look, we gotta talk about...
Ryder: No, don't be sensitive.
Walter Garber: I'm not being sensitive.
Ryder: Well, did she freak out or what?
Walter Garber: She... wasn't happy, but she understood.
Ryder: Well, that's love right?
Walter Garber: No, that's marriage... that's another thing.

From Real Life
Been married 44 years so try this...
1995, my wife has breast cancer,
Hospital calls in the middle of the night after a seemingly normal visit and says 'you'd better come back, she has taken a turn for the worse'.. I get there and they tell me she's not going to make it
Me Can you hear me?..
Her No response...
Me Thanks doc, I'll call the rest of the family to come...
Fast forward to 2018, dang if that feisty chick didn't pull through and survive ;)
Now she's healthier than all of us, at 62 runs half marathons, does zumba, cardio and just came home from kick-box class, and is practicing for her first tri-a-thalon....
Should I argue with her that she cares a lot more about these than me? Nope, I love it that she is here and can do them, and I remember that night they called me to the hospital in '95.... who is Ryder and Garber again?
Outlaw Golf Association #11

11

#102 LeftyLuck

LeftyLuck

    Advanced Member

  • Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 489376
  • Joined: 12/24/2017
  • Location:Fenway in the Summer
GolfWRX Likes : 333

Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:58 PM

 SixtySomePing, on 13 February 2018 - 06:55 PM, said:

 LeftyLuck, on 13 February 2018 - 06:35 PM, said:

 SixtySomePing, on 13 February 2018 - 06:12 PM, said:

... amazes me how two people who love each other and get married would need to argue about something that brings one of them happiness if it doesn't change their love for each other...
From Pelham 123

Ryder: Well, I got faith in you man... but I gotta ask you one question. You know that thing when you told your wife about the 35K, how did she react?
Walter Garber: Look, we gotta talk about...
Ryder: No, don't be sensitive.
Walter Garber: I'm not being sensitive.
Ryder: Well, did she freak out or what?
Walter Garber: She... wasn't happy, but she understood.
Ryder: Well, that's love right?
Walter Garber: No, that's marriage... that's another thing.

From Real Life
Been married 44 years so try this...
1995, my wife has breast cancer,
Hospital calls in the middle of the night after a seemingly normal visit and says 'you'd better come back, she has taken a turn for the worse'.. I get there and they tell me she's not going to make it
Me Can you hear me?..
Her No response...
Me Thanks doc, I'll call the rest of the family to come...
Fast forward to 2018, dang if that feisty chick didn't pull through and survive ;)
Now she's healthier than all of us, at 62 runs half marathons, does zumba, cardio and just came home from kick-box class, and is practicing for her first tri-a-thalon....
Should I argue with her that she cares a lot more about these than me? Nope, I love it that she is here and can do them, and I remember that night they called me to the hospital in '95.... who is Ryder and Garber again?
Wow. I am sorry to hear about that. I am glad she recovered and hope you all are doing well. Hopefully you know I didn't mean that movie quote in a negative way. I didn't know of your situation.

12

#103 buckeye88us

buckeye88us

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 47187
  • Joined: 01/27/2008
  • Location:University Park, FL
GolfWRX Likes : 132

Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:20 PM

 pearsonified, on 13 February 2018 - 09:36 AM, said:

The sun will rise; the sun will set.

Women will b*tch.

I'll still be out on the course.

*eagle screech*

Merica.
On a plane...Just laughed out loud!


13

#104 Titleist 670

Titleist 670

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 192258
  • Joined: 07/15/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 1974

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:38 PM

If you date someone, play a lot of golf, and they have no issue with it, marriage shouldn't change anything.  If marriage itself changes your relationship, you married the wrong person.

Kids, however, are naturally going to changes things because they are a lot of responsibility, and you simply won't have as much time to do the things that you were able to do when you didn't have them.  If you still prioritize golf over family once you have kids, man up and cut back on your golf.  Once or twice a week is reasonable, but if you're not home 5 days a week due to golf while your wife is at home taking care of the children, don't expect her to be happy.

14

#105 uitar9

uitar9

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 349721
  • Joined: 11/24/2014
  • Handicap:LOL
GolfWRX Likes : 95

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:58 PM

Luckily my wife is into it and plays at least once  week with me.

WITB
KZG OS11 12 degree driver
Calloway 16 5-wood
Calloway
20.5 heavenwood
Cobra 24.5 9-wood

KZG 5-PW irons
KZG 52 and 56 wedges
TM Spider mallet

15

#106 SixtySomePing

SixtySomePing

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,109 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 144465
  • Joined: 10/28/2011
  • Location:Central Ohio
GolfWRX Likes : 16006

Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:49 AM

 LeftyLuck, on 13 February 2018 - 06:58 PM, said:

 SixtySomePing, on 13 February 2018 - 06:55 PM, said:

 LeftyLuck, on 13 February 2018 - 06:35 PM, said:

 SixtySomePing, on 13 February 2018 - 06:12 PM, said:

... amazes me how two people who love each other and get married would need to argue about something that brings one of them happiness if it doesn't change their love for each other...
From Pelham 123

Ryder: Well, I got faith in you man... but I gotta ask you one question. You know that thing when you told your wife about the 35K, how did she react?
Walter Garber: Look, we gotta talk about...
Ryder: No, don't be sensitive.
Walter Garber: I'm not being sensitive.
Ryder: Well, did she freak out or what?
Walter Garber: She... wasn't happy, but she understood.
Ryder: Well, that's love right?
Walter Garber: No, that's marriage... that's another thing.

From Real Life
Been married 44 years so try this...
1995, my wife has breast cancer,
Hospital calls in the middle of the night after a seemingly normal visit and says 'you'd better come back, she has taken a turn for the worse'.. I get there and they tell me she's not going to make it
Me Can you hear me?..
Her No response...
Me Thanks doc, I'll call the rest of the family to come...
Fast forward to 2018, dang if that feisty chick didn't pull through and survive ;)
Now she's healthier than all of us, at 62 runs half marathons, does zumba, cardio and just came home from kick-box class, and is practicing for her first tri-a-thalon....
Should I argue with her that she cares a lot more about these than me? Nope, I love it that she is here and can do them, and I remember that night they called me to the hospital in '95.... who is Ryder and Garber again?
Wow. I am sorry to hear about that. I am glad she recovered and hope you all are doing well. Hopefully you know I didn't mean that movie quote in a negative way. I didn't know of your situation.
No, you're good Lucky no problem :)   I didn't think you were using it in a negative way per se, just trying to shed a little encouragement to maybe anyone to look through any minor problems and see the value of the bigger picture as they say. Later after that night and I thought of what life would have been like without her it put a lot of things in perspective. So back to golf, she loves it when I play, and one of my favorite things is on a lazy Saturday summer afternoon sometimes even though she doesn't play, she'll say 'let's go golfing' and she'll come along with me just to watch.. I play in a league and tournaments and such of course, but these times with her just being together... priceless
Outlaw Golf Association #11

16

#107 Rob McHugh

Rob McHugh

    Rob

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 718 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 374619
  • Joined: 05/05/2015
  • Location:Sydney, Australia
  • Handicap:13
  • Ebay ID:mchug.rober
GolfWRX Likes : 843

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:37 AM

"... and your point?" :-)

Rob

17

#108 SixtySomePing

SixtySomePing

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,109 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 144465
  • Joined: 10/28/2011
  • Location:Central Ohio
GolfWRX Likes : 16006

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:57 AM

 Rob McHugh, on 14 February 2018 - 05:37 AM, said:

"... and your point?" :-)

Rob

Valid question Rob. In relation to the OP’s question, it’s like arguing over the trees, and not considering the forest… arguing over I/me/mine instead of considering the big picture of life… you never know when a moment with a loved one may be your last, or their last. Would you want it to have been spent arguing over whether or not you love golf more than them?
Outlaw Golf Association #11

18

#109 North Butte

North Butte

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,178 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424472
  • Joined: 05/09/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 5537

Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:11 AM

About a decade after we got married my wife had a near death experience. It was a freak sudden illness. Fortunately we got her to the ER just in time and she fully recovered eventually. However, she did have to spend five days in hospital before they were sure enough of her recovery to let her go home.

The afternoon of the fourth day while I was sitting by her hospital bed she caught me staring out the window. She said, ďIf itís nice outside you ought to go ahead and play golf instead of sitting hereĒ.

Iíll admit I gave it a momentís serious consideration but by that point in the whole process I was too wrung out to have enjoyed the round even if I went. But that pretty much sums up my spouseís attitude toward my golf.

Edited by North Butte, 14 February 2018 - 07:11 AM.

Everything has its drawbacks, as the man said when his mother-in-law died, and they came down upon him for the funeral expenses.

19

#110 Your-away!

Your-away!

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 323581
  • Joined: 06/27/2014
  • Location:UK
GolfWRX Likes : 654

Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:32 AM

Funny i should see this thread this morning, my new putter has come, txt the wife to let her know my excitement, all i got back was "really, you txt me that and nothing else? do you know what day it is?"

errr i better pop the supermarket and get something on my way home

DRIVER:Callaway GBB 9* - Kurokage x
3 WOOD:Callaway GBB 14.0* - Kurokage s
5 WOOD:Callaway GBB 19.0* - Speeder s
HYBRID: Adams Proto DHY 21* - Steelfiber i95 s
IRONS 5-PW:Adams CB1 - PX 6.0 - 2.0* flat
WEDGES:Titleist SM6 RAW - 52/56/60 - S300 - 2.5* Flat
PUTTER:Bettinardi BB0 Blood Hound (Cashmere)
BALL:Whichever gets bought for me, or found.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#111 slimeone

slimeone

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 328273
  • Joined: 07/21/2014
  • Location:Melbourne, Australia
GolfWRX Likes : 675

Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:59 AM

 Your-away!, on 14 February 2018 - 07:32 AM, said:

Funny i should see this thread this morning, my new putter has come, txt the wife to let her know my excitement, all i got back was "really, you txt me that and nothing else? do you know what day it is?"

errr i better pop the supermarket and get something on my way home
Wait, what day is it? Oh, s---!

21

#112 DavePelz4

DavePelz4

    Legend

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 22,130 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69051
  • Joined: 11/10/2008
  • Location:A golf course in the Chicago area.
  • Handicap:10.0
GolfWRX Likes : 22571

Posted 14 February 2018 - 09:16 AM

 SixtySomePing, on 13 February 2018 - 06:55 PM, said:

From Real Life
Been married 44 years so try this...
1995, my wife has breast cancer,
Hospital calls in the middle of the night after a seemingly normal visit and says 'you'd better come back, she has taken a turn for the worse'.. I get there and they tell me she's not going to make it
Me Can you hear me?..
Her No response...
Me Thanks doc, I'll call the rest of the family to come...
Fast forward to 2018, dang if that feisty chick didn't pull through and survive ;)
Now she's healthier than all of us, at 62 runs half marathons, does zumba, cardio and just came home from kick-box class, and is practicing for her first tri-a-thalon....
Should I argue with her that she cares a lot more about these than me? Nope, I love it that she is here and can do them, and I remember that night they called me to the hospital in '95.... who is Ryder and Garber again?

Best post of the year, hands down.  Congrats to you and your bride and I sincerely hope you have many, many happy years together!  You deserve it.

Edited by DavePelz4, 14 February 2018 - 09:17 AM.


22

#113 Ferguson

Ferguson

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 371587
  • Joined: 04/16/2015
  • Location:VA
  • Handicap:6.1
GolfWRX Likes : 3791

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:15 AM

Just remember:


[attachment=4330494:Fritz.GIF]

23

#114 thesaxemachine

thesaxemachine

    Hello, friends...

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 143239
  • Joined: 10/19/2011
  • Location:Ontario
  • Handicap:11
GolfWRX Likes : 234

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:28 AM

My wife has a wonky schedule and generally sleeps late on weekends, so I play early. I never play on days that are for "us" birthdays, anniversaries etc - except early in the day on my birthday. It is my rule, not hers, or anything that we've really spoken about, that if I golf one day the next day is for us. We don't have kids. She doesn't really "get it", mostly because she doesn't understand why golf takes so long, but understands that I have my own thing, just as she has hers.
Rogue SZ w/ AD MT
M1 w/ Diamana Thump
818 H1 w/ Even Flow Black
Z-765 w/ PX LZ
SM6 46° 50° 54°
MD PM Grind 58°
Works 7/Mullen TP

24

#115 daveltb

daveltb

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 95944
  • Joined: 10/05/2009
  • Location:Dixon, IL
GolfWRX Likes : 90

Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:11 AM

 Spooky67, on 10 February 2018 - 08:25 PM, said:

Life lesson....keep your nutz. Don’t let your wife take them....if you realize one day she has....look for them while she’s on the phone, or otherwise occupied...try her sock drawer. You may find them and be able to take them back...lol.

Pro tip - they're in her purse.


25

#116 deadsolid...shank

deadsolid...shank

    Legend

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 10,158 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99408
  • Joined: 11/30/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 6255

Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:28 PM

 daveltb, on 14 February 2018 - 11:11 AM, said:

 Spooky67, on 10 February 2018 - 08:25 PM, said:

Life lesson....keep your nutz. Don’t let your wife take them....if you realize one day she has....look for them while she’s on the phone, or otherwise occupied...try her sock drawer. You may find them and be able to take them back...lol.

Pro tip - they're in her purse.

If I knew how to share a link I’d add one here. Sam Kinison 1984 Young Comedians on You Tube.
Titleist 910 8.5
Titleist 910 15*
Titleist 910H 17*
2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
SC GoLo
Vokey SM5 52,58,62

26

#117 lumberman2462

lumberman2462

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,020 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116473
  • Joined: 10/21/2010
  • Handicap:?
GolfWRX Likes : 2407

Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:57 PM

 EKELLY, on 09 February 2018 - 01:44 PM, said:

I spend a SHITLOAD of money on golf every year!. She spends MORE on F'ing horses. While those F'ing horses are getting a mani/pedi (LOLOL),  I'm golfing, and she can SUCK IT!!!........LOL

I think this is my favorite post in the thread.....

Wait till she starts racing those F'ing horses.   You won't have any money left for golf.
SYard T388
                TaylorMade RBZ 13-15
                Miura CB-57 3-PW
                Miura 51Y, 52K,56K, 57C, 60K
                                Old Titleist Blade

27

#118 Obee

Obee

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,411 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 72306
  • Joined: 01/09/2009
  • Location:Riverside, CA, USA
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 3251

Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:05 AM

 golfnhack, on 08 February 2018 - 02:34 PM, said:

Sigh...

Just curious how many of you have to deal with this, how often, and how you handle it?

I used to have to deal with it all the time, in a passive-aggressive way, with my first wife. Finally got a divorce after 21 years of marriage. When I got remarried, I told my (now) wife before we got real serious:

1) I'm a golfer. It's not a "hobby," it's a passion that is not going to diminish because of you
2) You will NEVER see me on a Friday day or a Saturday day and most Sundays I will be golfing also
3) Almost ALL of our travel will be golf related (because I don't have enough money to travel for both golf and "fun.")

On our 3rd date, I took her with me to an exclusive invitational at Wilshire Country Club in Los Angeles called "The Macbeth." Food is amazing. Course is gorgeous. Drinks on the course. Nice crowds. Stayed in a cool Air BnB house with other couples.

She was hooked. LOL.

I love golf. I know who I am, and I don't need to justify my passion to anyone anymore.

28

#119 driveandputtmachine

driveandputtmachine

    4 wedges or 2 iron? That is the question!

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,013 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 302417
  • Joined: 03/18/2014
  • Location:Atlanta, GA
  • Handicap:0.0
GolfWRX Likes : 532

Posted 15 February 2018 - 03:41 PM

I moved on from my starter wife.  We never had the discussion and she complained about golf before and after marriage.  We divorced.

New wife.  I explained while we were dating, I love golf, I play a lot of golf.  I will play or hit balls once a week during the winter, sometimes twice.  Once daylight savings time hits I will be at the course a minimum of three days a week, but may, June, July, August, September probably four days.  One afternoon during the week until dark.  One weekend Day there from sunup until about 4pm or so.  The other weekend day will be for 18 early and then home, or I will play an extra afternoon.   I got lucky, for some reason golf turns her on.  She likes coming to watch me play and is thinking about taking it up.  She signed off on me playing at least that much and has never given me lip about tournaments.  She asks that I play one weekend day if she has something she would like us to do on the other and I rotate in an extra day after work.

She even bought tickets for "The Open Championship" this year for my birthday on Saturday and Sunday.  We are going over early and she said she expected me to play at least four rounds of golf while we are there.

I am a lucky man, even if we hadn't had the discussion when we first started dating, I don't think she would ever have a problem as long as we have some time together.  She likes to do stuff in local politics, so I am home for her boys once, twice, sometimes three nights dealing with food, homework and practices so she can do her thing.

Edited by driveandputtmachine, 15 February 2018 - 03:42 PM.

Driver - Cobra F8+ on Aldila NV 2KXV Green
Fairway - Callaway F8+ on UST Axivcore Black
Hybrid - TM UDI 2 iron on Nippon 130
Irons - Srixon 565 4-6 on Nippon Modus 130.
Srixon 765 7-PW on Nippon Modus 130
Wedges - Cleveland Rotex 2.0 50*, 54*, 60* w/ Nippon 130
Putter - Mannkrafted MA/66 or Sunset Beach Custom - Ocean Isle Beach black
Ball - Snell MTB or Srixon Z Star XV

29

#120 Shilgy

Shilgy

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,971 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 235237
  • Joined: 03/07/2013
  • Location:Phoenix
  • Handicap:5.2
GolfWRX Likes : 5741

Posted 15 February 2018 - 04:01 PM

These last few remind me of conversations with my wife. A few buddies have the wife that says "no you cannot play on..(pick a day).  When I remember to thank my wife for NOT being one of those and letting me play she just replies that when we got married she knew what she was getting into lol.

TM M3 10* Graphite Design BB6s
TM M1 3w 14*  Graphite Design BB7s
Srixon U65 18° Atmos Red 7s
Adams A12 UST Silver S 21°
Srixon Z765 5-AW Nippon Pro Modus3 125S
Titleist Vokey 54*F  58*S
Toulon Garage Rochester/ Toulon Rochester

To paraphrase Dr Seuss: Don't cry because the round of golf is over-smile because it happened .  :)

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors