Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 1 votes

Worst new club out there


119 replies to this topic

#61 Davidv

Davidv

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 399538
  • Joined: 10/14/2015
  • Location:Rochester, NY
  • Ebay ID:dvilinnew
GolfWRX Likes : 176

Posted 09 February 2018 - 05:54 PM

The Vertical Groove Driver.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#62 WidespreadPanic

WidespreadPanic

    Wizard in the Corner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,583 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 425856
  • Joined: 05/19/2016
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Handicap:1.1
GolfWRX Likes : 2481

Posted 09 February 2018 - 06:17 PM

Just on looks alone, the Rogue driver is hideous. The weird shape, it seems huge front to back, the blue/turquoise is terrible, and i don't like the circle of carbon on the crown.

I'm also not sold on Twistface.

Edited by WidespreadPanic, 09 February 2018 - 06:18 PM.

Taylormade M2 ('17) 10.5*
Cobra F7 15.5*
Taylormade M1 ('17) 19*
Mizuno MPH5 4i
Mizuno MP33 5-PW
Cleveland RTX 588 2.0 52**, 56**, 60**
Taylormade TP Red Ardmore 3
Taylormade TPx

2

#63 TheLarch

TheLarch

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 186860
  • Joined: 06/17/2012
  • Location:Kentucky
GolfWRX Likes : 1176

Posted 09 February 2018 - 07:19 PM

Any club endorsed by this clown.

Attached Thumbnails

  • image.jpeg

Taylormade RBZ Tour Driver 9*
Taylormade RBZ 3 wood 15*
Taylormade RBZ 22* Hybrid
Taylormade Rocketbladez 4/PW
Cleveland RTX 50*
Cleveland RTX 2.0 54* & 58*
Ping Craz-e G2i

3

#64 Nixhex524

Nixhex524

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 305437
  • Joined: 04/03/2014
  • Handicap:4.3
  • Ebay ID:Nixhex524
GolfWRX Likes : 1365

Posted 09 February 2018 - 11:10 PM

Any CURE Putter...  wtf are those things?!

Also, not many Toulons that matter to me... but not as bad as CURE, those things are just awful.

Edited by Nixhex524, 09 February 2018 - 11:10 PM.

Ping G400 9*
Titleist 915f 16.5*
Srixon U45 20*
Srixon Z745 4-P
Cleveland RTX-3  52/58
Odyssey Versa 1W BWB

4

#65 scruffynick

scruffynick

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 317681
  • Joined: 05/28/2014
  • Location:manchester, UK
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 725

Posted 10 February 2018 - 06:48 AM

View PostJagpilotohio, on 08 February 2018 - 06:31 PM, said:

View Postscruffynick, on 08 February 2018 - 05:47 PM, said:

Picked up the ping g400 driver the other day.....yuck! I swear the modern driver heads are plain awful nothing simple or classic anymore

Titleist 917. Simple and classic is a perfect description.
Used the titleist 905d for years, just simple and classic. Titleist do classic very well


5

#66 wingfoot64

wingfoot64

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 362347
  • Joined: 02/14/2015
  • Location:McDonough, GA
  • Handicap:7.9
  • Ebay ID:wingfoot64
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 10 February 2018 - 09:37 AM

View PostMarkrip, on 08 February 2018 - 06:07 PM, said:

The Square Strike wedge.

Yeah, but you can't really chunk it!

6

#67 CCTxGolf

CCTxGolf

    Going to the Masters...Someday

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 391812
  • Joined: 08/18/2015
  • Location:Corpus Christi
  • Handicap:9.3
GolfWRX Likes : 358

Posted 10 February 2018 - 10:57 AM

Ap3 is strange as many other have said purely on the basis that they are absolutely not necessary and fit more into the m1 iron catagory.

However Epic and epic pro irons win for me due to the fact that they are extremely expensive and already obsolete. Now they have released the identical rouge irons at the price point that Epic should have been. I bet Callaway wishes they could get that one back.

Edited by CCTxGolf, 10 February 2018 - 10:58 AM.

Driver - Callaway EPIC SZ 10.5*
Fairway Wood - Titleist 917 F2 16.5* and 21*
Irons - Titleist AP2 4-PW
Wedges - Titleist SM 5 52*, Titleist SM 6 56* and 60*
Putter - Scotty Cameron Golo 5 or Odyssey Toe Up #1

7

#68 Sean2

Sean2

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 30,077 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29539
  • Joined: 05/23/2007
  • Location:South of Boston
  • Ebay ID:None
GolfWRX Likes : 17505

Posted 10 February 2018 - 01:03 PM

I don't think there is a "worst". All the OEM's make good equipment. What you choose comes down to what works best and personal preference.
Callaway Rogue
Callaway GBB Epic 16º/20º/24º
Callaway Steelhead XR 25º
Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW
Callaway MD3/MD-PM 54º/58º
Callaway "O" Works #7

8

#69 nambreezy

nambreezy

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 484264
  • Joined: 10/13/2017
  • Handicap:8
  • Ebay ID:aneeshnambur-0
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 10 February 2018 - 01:07 PM

I don't like the look of any of the woods that have been brought out this year except for ping and cobra i have no idea why
Cobra F8 10*
Cobra F7 3 Wood (alternate between 13.5* and 15.5*)
Mizuno JPX 900 Hybrid 20*
Ping i25 4-P
Ping Glide 50*
Cleveland RTX-3 54*/58*
Odyssey White Hot 33"
Bridgestone B330S

All stock shafts

9

#70 kmay__

kmay__

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 493118
  • Joined: 02/09/2018
  • Location:Niagara, Ontario, Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 55

Posted 10 February 2018 - 01:42 PM

So much hate for the Triton eh? :stink:  I just picked one up on clearance price at GT, to finally upgrade from my r580 I've had for over a decade. I'm sure the Triton isnt the greatest club out there, but I'm confident its going to be an upgrade for me! On topic, Id have to agree that the epic irons to me are wierd looking and very highly priced. For a normal guy like me that is usually playing pre-owned gear, the thought of 2000 dollar irons is just wild. And with the rouge and similarly the G400max, very insulting to customers to charge a premium for the best product ever, then less than a year later reveal a new product thats "even better" .

Wilson Staff Triton
Cobra Bio-Cell 16.5*
Cobra Baffler 3H
Cobra S3 5-PW
Mizuno MP-T5 50*, 54*
MD3 PM Grind 60* (the greasy Phil)
Never Compromise gm2 #5

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#71 BillyBawShanks

BillyBawShanks

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 484530
  • Joined: 10/16/2017
  • Location:Scotland
  • Handicap:17
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 10 February 2018 - 02:59 PM

Ping crossover felt and sounded terrible!

Ping G25 Driver 10.5, Regular
SLDR S Mini Driver 14, Stiff
Ping G25 4 Wood, Stiff
Ping G30 4 Hybrid, Regular
Ping G400 Irons 5-SW, KBS Tour 120, Stiff
Ping Gorge Tour, 50, CFS Stiff
Ping Glide, 58 WS, CFS Regular
Odyssey 2 Ball, White Hot Pro, 400g
Titleist DT Tru soft

11

#72 LaymanM

LaymanM

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130511
  • Joined: 06/11/2011
  • Location:Cincinnati, OH
GolfWRX Likes : 474

Posted 10 February 2018 - 03:04 PM

View Postphatchrisrules, on 09 February 2018 - 08:10 AM, said:

View PostJohnKHawk, on 08 February 2018 - 06:18 PM, said:

X59 Smart Draw Driver - $359 for a driver with no actual unbiased info (that I've seen) & no pedigree. Should be asking $200 max if they want to sell a bunch.

I looked into that as I've never heard of it before.  It's $60 more expensive than the F-Max that has the same (if not probably better) technology.  I guess the one saving grace on the X59 is that it is adjustable, so you can dial it in a bit better.

View Postreider69, on 08 February 2018 - 10:06 PM, said:

AP3.  An alleged solution looking for a problem.

Precisely.  They already had that "solution" in the T-MB, or even AP1 line.  I remember when it first got released, and I called it as a potential dud, I had a firing squad a mile long asking for my head.  Well...looks like I was right.  So many middling reviews, and many of the people who got them in long irons hate them and have changed shafts 2-3x to try and get the AP2 feel.  Titleist seriously, seriously missed the boat on this option by not adding at minimum a forged cup face.  They also missed it by charging an arm and a leg for it, but that's a different argument all together.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To answer the question:

Irons - Rogue and M3/4 line.  You can't jack up the price $100-150 AND drop a club, effectively making the clubs $2-300 more per set.  The Rogue lineup hasn't changed at all in the looks department since the release of X2Hot, they just keep changing the cavity badge and tweaking something minute here and there.  They are creeping closer and closer to Mizuno and Srixon stock price where you can get any shaft and grip for free, while these others only offer a handful of shafts and no grips.  You cannot keep relying on your name to pull you through when you have nothing to offer.  Look at Hyundai and Kia vs. Ford and Dodge.  The Korean models have base packages that are similar, if not better loaded, but are $2-3k less.  Most people don't care what name is on it (unless they are brand loyalists) and will vote with their wallet.  Same applies to golf and I'm surprised noone has seen this.

Driver - Cleveland Launcher and Rogue.  Rogue is too heavy, and to basically take a step backwards (by offering less adjustability) is not good.  Launcher is a great club, but Cleveland drivers never sold well in the first place after the HiBore so I wouldn't be surprised to see this one waffle a bit.

LOL too heavy???  Okay...enjoy your Kias (junk) and ultra light drivers (junk)
PING G400 Max 9*, Adidla Rogue Max 75x
Callaway 815 Alpha 3W and 5W Speeder 665 stiff
Srixon U65 23*
Muzuno MP-32 5-PW
Edel 46/50/55/60 DVR Grind S200
Taylormade Spider Tour Red

12

#73 Bubb

Bubb

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5072
  • Joined: 08/13/2005
  • Location:Indianapolis
  • Handicap:7
GolfWRX Likes : 164

Posted 10 February 2018 - 03:50 PM

Whoever chose the color scheme on the Rogue should be relieved of his duties. Looking like a down year for Callaway.

13

#74 golfgirlrobin

golfgirlrobin

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 247221
  • Joined: 04/24/2013
  • Location:Northern California
  • Handicap:2.0
GolfWRX Likes : 4541

Posted 10 February 2018 - 05:26 PM

View PostBubb, on 10 February 2018 - 03:50 PM, said:

Whoever chose the color scheme on the Rogue should be relieved of his duties. Looking like a down year for Callaway.

Went and hit both driver and irons yesterday and the color really doesn’t seem like a big deal in person.

One of my fitter friends says that their pre-orders on the irons are huge, with a big percentage of them come from folks who had the XR’s and see these as a natural upgrade.  He seemed pretty giddy about the prospect.
Driver:     Ping G400 Max 10.5*
Fairway:  Callaway Rogue 15*, 20* & 24*
Irons:       TaylorMade M CGB 6-SW
Wedges:  Callaway PM Grind 59* & 64*
Putter:      Ping Sigma G Ketsch B

14

#75 dmeeksDC

dmeeksDC

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,635 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 431476
  • Joined: 07/04/2016
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Handicap:8
  • Ebay ID:dmeeks2010
GolfWRX Likes : 649

Posted 10 February 2018 - 06:24 PM

View PostBubb, on 10 February 2018 - 03:50 PM, said:

Whoever chose the color scheme on the Rogue should be relieved of his duties. Looking like a down year for Callaway.

If youíre taking the under, Iíll take the over.

Color looks fine in hand, better than the Epic green in my view. I predict another huge year for Callaway and that the Rogue driver and fairways could be the No. 1 seller in both categories. They perform, they will sell, and they do perform. Only TaylorMade M3/M4 and Ping G400 lines will give Callaway a run. Cobra stuff looks good, but them and others are battling for fourth.

Edited by dmeeksDC, 10 February 2018 - 06:27 PM.

Ping G400 9 degrees, Ping Tour stiff shaft, 65 grams
Callaway XHot2 Pro 3 wood, 15 degrees, Aldila Tour Green stiff shaft
Callaway XHot2 Pro 5 wood, 17 degrees, Aldila Tour Blue stiff shaft
Titleist 816 H1 hybrid, 19 degree set to 20, Diamana Blue 60S shaft

Miura CB57 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125 stiff shafts, soft-stepped
Ping i200, 4-PW, power spec lofts, Dynamic Gold 120 stiff shafts
Mizuno S5 50-degree gap wedge, Nippon 1150 stiff shaft
Callaway Mack Daddy 2 54-degree wedge, S grind, DG wedge shaft
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Raw, 58-degree wedge, X grind, DG S200 shaft
Edel Rogue putter (thick blade), 34 inch, 71 degree lie, 2 degrees loft, 100-gram round Pure grip
Argolf Avalon (small, semi-circle mallet) 34 inch, 71 degree lie, 2 degrees loft, 100-gram round Pure grip.

15

#76 thesaxemachine

thesaxemachine

    Hello, friends...

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 143239
  • Joined: 10/19/2011
  • Location:Ontario
  • Handicap:9.9
GolfWRX Likes : 259

Posted 10 February 2018 - 06:37 PM

Second (or third...) Ping Crossover. Doesnít seem like a useful club to me and I didnít like the feel/results at all.

Titleist 917 fairway woods. Couldnít get anything good out of these, even in a fitting.

Red anything.
Rogue SZ w/ AD MT
M1 w/ Diamana Thump
GAPR Hi
Z-765 w/ PX LZ
SM6 46° 50° 54°
MD PM Grind 58°
Works 7/Mullen TP

16

#77 bogeypro

bogeypro

    The Original Bogeypro

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,807 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3842
  • Joined: 07/29/2005
  • Location:AL
  • Handicap:+2
GolfWRX Likes : 1519

Posted 10 February 2018 - 08:54 PM

View Postjohn myrbch, on 08 February 2018 - 09:13 PM, said:

View PostArpeggi, on 08 February 2018 - 08:52 PM, said:

Entire Odyssey lineup.
Rogue paint scheme.
AP3
Good call! I can't believe I forgot Odysseys  ripoff of Taylormades red putter. I used to be a Callaway guy until very recently. Seems they have become everything people hated about TM a few years back. Funny, it started when they hired TM's head of
marketing...

Bingo!  TaylorMade 2.0
Titleist TS3 driver
Titleist TS2 3 wood
Titleist 818 H2 3 hybrid
Titleist 718 TMB 4-pw
Titleist Vokey 50f/56m/60m
Scotty Newport 33" with 10 gram weights

17

#78 Bubb

Bubb

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5072
  • Joined: 08/13/2005
  • Location:Indianapolis
  • Handicap:7
GolfWRX Likes : 164

Posted 11 February 2018 - 01:09 AM

View PostdmeeksDC, on 10 February 2018 - 06:24 PM, said:

View PostBubb, on 10 February 2018 - 03:50 PM, said:

Whoever chose the color scheme on the Rogue should be relieved of his duties. Looking like a down year for Callaway.

If you’re taking the under, I’ll take the over.

Color looks fine in hand, better than the Epic green in my view. I predict another huge year for Callaway and that the Rogue driver and fairways could be the No. 1 seller in both categories. They perform, they will sell, and they do perform. Only TaylorMade M3/M4 and Ping G400 lines will give Callaway a run. Cobra stuff looks good, but them and others are battling for fourth.
Yeah I’m taking under their revenues from last year. Way under.

18

#79 armyhawk3342

armyhawk3342

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 463600
  • Joined: 04/15/2017
  • Location:Iowa
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 11 February 2018 - 01:29 AM

I absolutely hate the colors on the M3/M4, every time I see one I just think it looks ugly.
Driver: Cobra F8+ (9.5*)
Wood: Cobra F6 Baffler (17.5)
Hybrid:Cobra F7 (22*), Cobra F8 (25*)
Irons: Cobra King Pro MB Black (6-PW)
Wedges: Cobra King Black (50* Versatile, 58* WideLow)
Putter: Ping Sigma G Tess
Ball: Titleist AVX/ Wilson Staff Duo U

19

#80 asw7576

asw7576

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 371961
  • Joined: 04/19/2015
  • Handicap:25
GolfWRX Likes : 229

Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:42 AM

200 dollar golf set : driver; fairway woods; hybrids ;  5 - pw , gw, sw , lw ; putter ; and free golf bag , with free covers .

Edited by asw7576, 11 February 2018 - 02:49 AM.

Drivers : Taylormade RBZ S2, JetSpeed, SLDR S
Fairways : Taylormade SLDR S, Callaway X2 Hot
Hybrids : Taylormade RBZ S2, SLDRS S
Irons : Mizuno JPX 800 HD, Yamaha Inpres X Z Cavity 2013 & Z 2016, Maruman Titus & X1
Wedges : Mizuno T4
Putters : Oddyssey Tank 2 balls, Works 2 fangs
Shoes : Footjoy DNA

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#81 400yards+

400yards+

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132791
  • Joined: 07/11/2011
  • Location:North Carolina
GolfWRX Likes : 67

Posted 11 February 2018 - 08:16 AM

View PostTheLarch, on 09 February 2018 - 07:19 PM, said:

Any club endorsed by this clown.

That clown would own you on the course.
Krank f6 7* GD p9003x
X2hot  Diamana 103x
Tayormade MC 2-w Dynamic Gold X7
Miura 54 y grind S400
Miura 60 k grind S400
Slighter custom Tacoma

21

#82 TsarBomba

TsarBomba

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 451602
  • Joined: 01/13/2017
  • Location:Midwest
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 422

Posted 11 February 2018 - 08:53 AM

View Poststarrman77, on 09 February 2018 - 01:06 PM, said:

View Post81PING, on 09 February 2018 - 12:34 PM, said:

View Poststarrman77, on 09 February 2018 - 11:15 AM, said:

Fly Z driver. I couldn't hit that thing on a bet.

It's an excellent driver. Do a quick search! Very forgiving and played by tons of people...

Don't need a search. I have one in my basement. It's a ps of chit for me.

What does it do badly for you?

Head is VERY forgiving, long as anything,so unless it's too loud?? Or it's not killing enough spin for your swing like some heads can? Maybe a defect?

*zero emotion here. Truly curious.


22

#83 MSUIRONDAWGS

MSUIRONDAWGS

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105474
  • Joined: 03/28/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 237

Posted 11 February 2018 - 09:51 AM

View PostdmeeksDC, on 10 February 2018 - 06:24 PM, said:

View PostBubb, on 10 February 2018 - 03:50 PM, said:

Whoever chose the color scheme on the Rogue should be relieved of his duties. Looking like a down year for Callaway.

If you're taking the under, I'll take the over.

Color looks fine in hand, better than the Epic green in my view. I predict another huge year for Callaway and that the Rogue driver and fairways could be the No. 1 seller in both categories. They perform, they will sell, and they do perform. Only TaylorMade M3/M4 and Ping G400 lines will give Callaway a run. Cobra stuff looks good, but them and others are battling for fourth.


100% agree

23

#84 phatchrisrules

phatchrisrules

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20680
  • Joined: 10/17/2006
  • Location:Southern Ontario, Canada
  • Handicap:6.5
GolfWRX Likes : 639

Posted 11 February 2018 - 10:24 AM

View PostLaymanM, on 10 February 2018 - 03:04 PM, said:

View Postphatchrisrules, on 09 February 2018 - 08:10 AM, said:

View PostJohnKHawk, on 08 February 2018 - 06:18 PM, said:

X59 Smart Draw Driver - $359 for a driver with no actual unbiased info (that I've seen) & no pedigree. Should be asking $200 max if they want to sell a bunch.

I looked into that as I've never heard of it before.  It's $60 more expensive than the F-Max that has the same (if not probably better) technology.  I guess the one saving grace on the X59 is that it is adjustable, so you can dial it in a bit better.

View Postreider69, on 08 February 2018 - 10:06 PM, said:

AP3.  An alleged solution looking for a problem.

Precisely.  They already had that "solution" in the T-MB, or even AP1 line.  I remember when it first got released, and I called it as a potential dud, I had a firing squad a mile long asking for my head.  Well...looks like I was right.  So many middling reviews, and many of the people who got them in long irons hate them and have changed shafts 2-3x to try and get the AP2 feel.  Titleist seriously, seriously missed the boat on this option by not adding at minimum a forged cup face.  They also missed it by charging an arm and a leg for it, but that's a different argument all together.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To answer the question:

Irons - Rogue and M3/4 line.  You can't jack up the price $100-150 AND drop a club, effectively making the clubs $2-300 more per set.  The Rogue lineup hasn't changed at all in the looks department since the release of X2Hot, they just keep changing the cavity badge and tweaking something minute here and there.  They are creeping closer and closer to Mizuno and Srixon stock price where you can get any shaft and grip for free, while these others only offer a handful of shafts and no grips.  You cannot keep relying on your name to pull you through when you have nothing to offer.  Look at Hyundai and Kia vs. Ford and Dodge.  The Korean models have base packages that are similar, if not better loaded, but are $2-3k less.  Most people don't care what name is on it (unless they are brand loyalists) and will vote with their wallet.  Same applies to golf and I'm surprised noone has seen this.

Driver - Cleveland Launcher and Rogue.  Rogue is too heavy, and to basically take a step backwards (by offering less adjustability) is not good.  Launcher is a great club, but Cleveland drivers never sold well in the first place after the HiBore so I wouldn't be surprised to see this one waffle a bit.

LOL too heavy???  Okay...enjoy your Kias (junk) and ultra light drivers (junk)

It has been quite well documented that many of the Epics were coming in at D5+ swingweight even when ordered "stock".  I suspect the Rogue is similar based on the two that I have tried.  Also, let's continue to make blanket assumptions about my equipment and preferences because you don't agree with me.  Coming from the guy who's playing a driver that is made almost entirely of carbon making fun of someone who doesn't like heavy clubs.  That has to be a first, even for WRX.
Callaway Rogue SZ 9* - Diamana BF 60
Callaway Rogue SZ 13.5* - Fubuki V-Series 70
Callaway Rogue SZ 18* - Diamana Thump 85
Ping G700 4 - Fujikura Atmos Black 95
Ping G700 5 - Accra 105CWT "Master's Green"
Ping i500 6-PW - Accra 105CWT "Master's Green" (Most likely as it looks awesome)
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50/SS, 54/ES, 58/ES - Modus 105 Wedge Master's Green
Bettinardi Inovai 3.0 Centre Shaft

24

#85 81PING

81PING

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,586 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 210015
  • Joined: 11/05/2012
  • Location:Ontario
  • Ebay ID:mattykracks
GolfWRX Likes : 633

Posted 11 February 2018 - 10:26 AM

View PostTsarBomba, on 11 February 2018 - 08:53 AM, said:

View Poststarrman77, on 09 February 2018 - 01:06 PM, said:

View Post81PING, on 09 February 2018 - 12:34 PM, said:

View Poststarrman77, on 09 February 2018 - 11:15 AM, said:

Fly Z driver. I couldn't hit that thing on a bet.

It's an excellent driver. Do a quick search! Very forgiving and played by tons of people...

Don't need a search. I have one in my basement. It's a ps of chit for me.

What does it do badly for you?

Head is VERY forgiving, long as anything,so unless it's too loud?? Or it's not killing enough spin for your swing like some heads can? Maybe a defect?

*zero emotion here. Truly curious.

I already tried...

COBRA LTD w. Hzrdus Red
WISHON 919 w. Hzrdus Red
TAYLORMADE Issue Aeroburner w. Tensei Blue
PING G25 w. Tensei Blue
PING I200 w. AWT 2.0
PING Glide 2.0 Stealth
MannKrafted Carbon WB Rattler
Xenon Copper Wide X
SGC 902

25

#86 LaymanM

LaymanM

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130511
  • Joined: 06/11/2011
  • Location:Cincinnati, OH
GolfWRX Likes : 474

Posted 11 February 2018 - 10:30 AM

View Postphatchrisrules, on 11 February 2018 - 10:24 AM, said:

View PostLaymanM, on 10 February 2018 - 03:04 PM, said:

View Postphatchrisrules, on 09 February 2018 - 08:10 AM, said:

View PostJohnKHawk, on 08 February 2018 - 06:18 PM, said:

X59 Smart Draw Driver - $359 for a driver with no actual unbiased info (that I've seen) & no pedigree. Should be asking $200 max if they want to sell a bunch.

I looked into that as I've never heard of it before.  It's $60 more expensive than the F-Max that has the same (if not probably better) technology.  I guess the one saving grace on the X59 is that it is adjustable, so you can dial it in a bit better.

View Postreider69, on 08 February 2018 - 10:06 PM, said:

AP3.  An alleged solution looking for a problem.

Precisely.  They already had that "solution" in the T-MB, or even AP1 line.  I remember when it first got released, and I called it as a potential dud, I had a firing squad a mile long asking for my head.  Well...looks like I was right.  So many middling reviews, and many of the people who got them in long irons hate them and have changed shafts 2-3x to try and get the AP2 feel.  Titleist seriously, seriously missed the boat on this option by not adding at minimum a forged cup face.  They also missed it by charging an arm and a leg for it, but that's a different argument all together.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To answer the question:

Irons - Rogue and M3/4 line.  You can't jack up the price $100-150 AND drop a club, effectively making the clubs $2-300 more per set.  The Rogue lineup hasn't changed at all in the looks department since the release of X2Hot, they just keep changing the cavity badge and tweaking something minute here and there.  They are creeping closer and closer to Mizuno and Srixon stock price where you can get any shaft and grip for free, while these others only offer a handful of shafts and no grips.  You cannot keep relying on your name to pull you through when you have nothing to offer.  Look at Hyundai and Kia vs. Ford and Dodge.  The Korean models have base packages that are similar, if not better loaded, but are $2-3k less.  Most people don't care what name is on it (unless they are brand loyalists) and will vote with their wallet.  Same applies to golf and I'm surprised noone has seen this.

Driver - Cleveland Launcher and Rogue.  Rogue is too heavy, and to basically take a step backwards (by offering less adjustability) is not good.  Launcher is a great club, but Cleveland drivers never sold well in the first place after the HiBore so I wouldn't be surprised to see this one waffle a bit.

LOL too heavy???  Okay...enjoy your Kias (junk) and ultra light drivers (junk)

It has been quite well documented that many of the Epics were coming in at D5+ swingweight even when ordered "stock".  I suspect the Rogue is similar based on the two that I have tried.  Also, let's continue to make blanket assumptions about my equipment and preferences because you don't agree with me.  Coming from the guy who's playing a driver that is made almost entirely of carbon making fun of someone who doesn't like heavy clubs.  That has to be a first, even for WRX.

Actually playing Epic Sub Zero with 75g x in it.  But okay.  Obviously carbon doesn’t effect the swing weight as you claim
PING G400 Max 9*, Adidla Rogue Max 75x
Callaway 815 Alpha 3W and 5W Speeder 665 stiff
Srixon U65 23*
Muzuno MP-32 5-PW
Edel 46/50/55/60 DVR Grind S200
Taylormade Spider Tour Red

26

#87 phatchrisrules

phatchrisrules

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20680
  • Joined: 10/17/2006
  • Location:Southern Ontario, Canada
  • Handicap:6.5
GolfWRX Likes : 639

Posted 11 February 2018 - 07:02 PM

View PostLaymanM, on 11 February 2018 - 10:30 AM, said:


Actually playing Epic Sub Zero with 75g x in it.  But okay.  Obviously carbon doesn’t effect the swing weight as you claim

Carbon absolutely affects the swing weight.  The lighter the head, the lighter the swing weight.  Your SZ weighs in around 197g, most all titanium drivers weigh in at ~205g.  Every 2g of head weight = 1 SW point.  So your driver *should* be a good 2.5-3 SW points lighter than an all Ti driver.  The heavier shaft *might* add 1 Point of SW to your driver, maybe.  You're still swinging a pretty lightweight club in comparison to everything else on the market.
Callaway Rogue SZ 9* - Diamana BF 60
Callaway Rogue SZ 13.5* - Fubuki V-Series 70
Callaway Rogue SZ 18* - Diamana Thump 85
Ping G700 4 - Fujikura Atmos Black 95
Ping G700 5 - Accra 105CWT "Master's Green"
Ping i500 6-PW - Accra 105CWT "Master's Green" (Most likely as it looks awesome)
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50/SS, 54/ES, 58/ES - Modus 105 Wedge Master's Green
Bettinardi Inovai 3.0 Centre Shaft

27

#88 LaymanM

LaymanM

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130511
  • Joined: 06/11/2011
  • Location:Cincinnati, OH
GolfWRX Likes : 474

Posted 11 February 2018 - 07:04 PM

View Postphatchrisrules, on 11 February 2018 - 07:02 PM, said:

View PostLaymanM, on 11 February 2018 - 10:30 AM, said:


Actually playing Epic Sub Zero with 75g x in it.  But okay.  Obviously carbon doesn’t effect the swing weight as you claim

Carbon absolutely affects the swing weight.  The lighter the head, the lighter the swing weight.  Your SZ weighs in around 197g, most all titanium drivers weigh in at ~205g.  Every 2g of head weight = 1 SW point.  So your driver *should* be a good 2.5-3 SW points lighter than an all Ti driver.  The heavier shaft *might* add 1 Point of SW to your driver, maybe.  You're still swinging a pretty lightweight club in comparison to everything else on the market.

Allows engineers to reposition weight to change COG
PING G400 Max 9*, Adidla Rogue Max 75x
Callaway 815 Alpha 3W and 5W Speeder 665 stiff
Srixon U65 23*
Muzuno MP-32 5-PW
Edel 46/50/55/60 DVR Grind S200
Taylormade Spider Tour Red

28

#89 phatchrisrules

phatchrisrules

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20680
  • Joined: 10/17/2006
  • Location:Southern Ontario, Canada
  • Handicap:6.5
GolfWRX Likes : 639

Posted 11 February 2018 - 07:13 PM

View PostLaymanM, on 11 February 2018 - 07:04 PM, said:

View Postphatchrisrules, on 11 February 2018 - 07:02 PM, said:

View PostLaymanM, on 11 February 2018 - 10:30 AM, said:

Actually playing Epic Sub Zero with 75g x in it.  But okay.  Obviously carbon doesn’t effect the swing weight as you claim

Carbon absolutely affects the swing weight.  The lighter the head, the lighter the swing weight.  Your SZ weighs in around 197g, most all titanium drivers weigh in at ~205g.  Every 2g of head weight = 1 SW point.  So your driver *should* be a good 2.5-3 SW points lighter than an all Ti driver.  The heavier shaft *might* add 1 Point of SW to your driver, maybe.  You're still swinging a pretty lightweight club in comparison to everything else on the market.

Allows engineers to reposition weight to change COG

Centre of Gravity has nothing to do with swing weight.  You are talking about two completely unrelated aspects.  Carbon in a head affects how heavy a head is, head weight is linked with swing weight.  Here, read this, it will explain everything https://www.tutelman...gn/swingwt4.php
Callaway Rogue SZ 9* - Diamana BF 60
Callaway Rogue SZ 13.5* - Fubuki V-Series 70
Callaway Rogue SZ 18* - Diamana Thump 85
Ping G700 4 - Fujikura Atmos Black 95
Ping G700 5 - Accra 105CWT "Master's Green"
Ping i500 6-PW - Accra 105CWT "Master's Green" (Most likely as it looks awesome)
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50/SS, 54/ES, 58/ES - Modus 105 Wedge Master's Green
Bettinardi Inovai 3.0 Centre Shaft

29

#90 LaymanM

LaymanM

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130511
  • Joined: 06/11/2011
  • Location:Cincinnati, OH
GolfWRX Likes : 474

Posted 11 February 2018 - 07:16 PM

View Postphatchrisrules, on 11 February 2018 - 07:13 PM, said:

View PostLaymanM, on 11 February 2018 - 07:04 PM, said:

View Postphatchrisrules, on 11 February 2018 - 07:02 PM, said:

View PostLaymanM, on 11 February 2018 - 10:30 AM, said:

Actually playing Epic Sub Zero with 75g x in it.  But okay.  Obviously carbon doesn’t effect the swing weight as you claim

Carbon absolutely affects the swing weight.  The lighter the head, the lighter the swing weight.  Your SZ weighs in around 197g, most all titanium drivers weigh in at ~205g.  Every 2g of head weight = 1 SW point.  So your driver *should* be a good 2.5-3 SW points lighter than an all Ti driver.  The heavier shaft *might* add 1 Point of SW to your driver, maybe.  You're still swinging a pretty lightweight club in comparison to everything else on the market.

Allows engineers to reposition weight to change COG

Centre of Gravity has nothing to do with swing weight.  You are talking about two completely unrelated aspects.  Carbon in a head affects how heavy a head is, head weight is linked with swing weight.  Here, read this, it will explain everything https://www.tutelman...gn/swingwt4.php

I know what swing weight is and I know what COG is.  They don’t use carbon for the sole purpose of making a light driver.   They use to remove weight from crown and sole and then position tungsten to get the COG where it effects performance.  Otherwise they wouldn’t include those fancy adjustable or fixed weights!

PING G400 Max 9*, Adidla Rogue Max 75x
Callaway 815 Alpha 3W and 5W Speeder 665 stiff
Srixon U65 23*
Muzuno MP-32 5-PW
Edel 46/50/55/60 DVR Grind S200
Taylormade Spider Tour Red

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors