Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

New Top Flite & Maxfli

DSG Dicks Sporting Goods Maxfli Top Flite Gamer Top Flite Gamer Maxfli SoftFli Golf Balls New Golf Balls

54 replies to this topic

#1 ob18

ob18

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 400786
  • Joined: 10/26/2015
  • Location:PA
GolfWRX Likes : 229

Posted 07 February 2018 - 10:09 PM

Not sure if much or anything has changed but saw these on the DSG site.

https://www.dicksspo...mtpflghtgmrrgbl

https://www.dicksspo...2751_&rrec=true

10* Callaway XR Driver
15* Nickent 3 Wood
18* Nickent F30 Hybrid
Taylormade M2 Irons - 5 iron to A wedge
54*, 58* Cleveland RTX 2.0 Wedges
Taylormade Ardmore 2 "L" Neck Putter

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 cgasucks

cgasucks

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,813 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16512
  • Joined: 07/18/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 868

Posted 07 February 2018 - 10:34 PM

That Top Flite Urethane is a pretty decent deal!  Aside from the Kirklands, it is not very often you see a multi-layered Urethane ball for $20/doz new.  A lot better deal than the Maxflis.

Edited by cgasucks, 07 February 2018 - 10:35 PM.

9.5 deg Taylormade R7 Superquad (All Black First Edition) with stock Fujikura Reax TP shaft
1988 Tommy Armour 845s (3-PW, W3 (GW), SW) with stock TT Tour Step shafts
Taylormade V-Steel 5W & 3W with Grafalloy Prolaunch Red shafts
Ping Anser 2 Stainless Steel Putter

2

#3 ode1

ode1

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 98193
  • Joined: 11/08/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 485

Posted 07 February 2018 - 10:57 PM

Seems like Matte is the new hot trend....I cannot tell the diff between matte white and the reg white. 22 for a 2 piece.low.compressuon ball with a maxfli logo🚫.  The Gamer Urethane may be worth a look, says reengineered core, mantle and cover.  The knock on the Gamer Tour was that it was short off the tee and the cover shreds quite easily.  Interested to see if improvements have been made!

3

#4 Tanner25

Tanner25

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,609 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46356
  • Joined: 01/18/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 316

Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:07 AM

 ob18, on 07 February 2018 - 10:09 PM, said:

Not sure if much or anything has changed but saw these on the DSG site.

https://www.dicksspo...mtpflghtgmrrgbl

https://www.dicksspo...2751_&rrec=true

Thanks, for sharing ob18. Interesting, they drop the gamer tour name for urethane. The softfli's look good. But, more expensive than the Gamers?

Of course, no mention of compression ;-)

Maybe, a new Gamer Soft (in yellow) is in the mix, too? I do hope some product development people read the reviews here.

Edited by Tanner25, 08 February 2018 - 07:12 AM.


4

#5 theedge27

theedge27

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 396546
  • Joined: 09/19/2015
  • Location:Pittsburgh
GolfWRX Likes : 141

Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:48 AM

Wish they would do a Maxfli Urethane in matte.


5

#6 ob18

ob18

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 400786
  • Joined: 10/26/2015
  • Location:PA
GolfWRX Likes : 229

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:35 AM

 Tanner25, on 08 February 2018 - 07:07 AM, said:

 ob18, on 07 February 2018 - 10:09 PM, said:

Not sure if much or anything has changed but saw these on the DSG site.

https://www.dicksspo...mtpflghtgmrrgbl

https://www.dicksspo...2751_&rrec=true

Thanks, for sharing ob18. Interesting, they drop the gamer tour name for urethane. The softfli's look good. But, more expensive than the Gamers?

Of course, no mention of compression ;-)

Maybe, a new Gamer Soft (in yellow) is in the mix, too? I do hope some product development people read the reviews here.

I may give them a shot, would like to know what/if anything changed but for $20 its not a bad cost to give them a shot..............no store close to me has it yet
10* Callaway XR Driver
15* Nickent 3 Wood
18* Nickent F30 Hybrid
Taylormade M2 Irons - 5 iron to A wedge
54*, 58* Cleveland RTX 2.0 Wedges
Taylormade Ardmore 2 "L" Neck Putter

6

#7 ob18

ob18

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 400786
  • Joined: 10/26/2015
  • Location:PA
GolfWRX Likes : 229

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:36 AM

As I say that my store according to the site has them
10* Callaway XR Driver
15* Nickent 3 Wood
18* Nickent F30 Hybrid
Taylormade M2 Irons - 5 iron to A wedge
54*, 58* Cleveland RTX 2.0 Wedges
Taylormade Ardmore 2 "L" Neck Putter

7

#8 huskerguy18

huskerguy18

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 455700
  • Joined: 02/18/2017
  • Location:Omaha, NE
  • Handicap:28
GolfWRX Likes : 144

Posted 08 February 2018 - 12:41 PM

Well that means the Gamer Tours should be discounted. My wife is going to kill me. I already have about 5 dozen

8

#9 hwturner17

hwturner17

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450250
  • Joined: 12/31/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 93

Posted 08 February 2018 - 01:14 PM

 huskerguy18, on 08 February 2018 - 12:41 PM, said:

Well that means the Gamer Tours should be discounted. My wife is going to kill me. I already have about 5 dozen

Think the last gen are 2 for $30 on their site, but I swear I saw them marked 2 for $25 at my store the other day. I'm going to pick up some last gen and try the new gen. No brainer for those prices...

Makes you kind of wonder why anyone would play a 2 piece ball without a urethane cover for more money (unless that's their preference obviously). Maybe it's the Top Flight stigma

9

#10 theedge27

theedge27

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 396546
  • Joined: 09/19/2015
  • Location:Pittsburgh
GolfWRX Likes : 141

Posted 08 February 2018 - 01:25 PM

 hwturner17, on 08 February 2018 - 01:14 PM, said:

 huskerguy18, on 08 February 2018 - 12:41 PM, said:

Well that means the Gamer Tours should be discounted. My wife is going to kill me. I already have about 5 dozen

Think the last gen are 2 for $30 on their site, but I swear I saw them marked 2 for $25 at my store the other day. I'm going to pick up some last gen and try the new gen. No brainer for those prices...

Makes you kind of wonder why anyone would play a 2 piece ball without a urethane cover for more money (unless that's their preference obviously). Maybe it's the Top Flight stigma

A store near me has them on clearance at $10 a dozen, with single sleeves being marked down to 3.49


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 NJpatbee

NJpatbee

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 266092
  • Joined: 07/24/2013
  • Location:Sussex County, NJ
  • Handicap:17.5
GolfWRX Likes : 424

Posted 08 February 2018 - 01:27 PM

I played the Gamer Tour when it was first introduced and it had the right amount of spin for me but I did lose distance off the tee and switched to the Maxfli U/3 (RIP).  I have so many golf balls that I scoffed up during the holiday sales I am in no hurry to but more, including 3 dozen Softflis. I suspect that there will not be much of a difference in the Softfli except the matte finish but it would be nice if it was better on the green, although it rolls out so much off the tee which is why I sometimes play it. I will be curious to hear what the reports are on both balls.

11

#12 hwturner17

hwturner17

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450250
  • Joined: 12/31/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 93

Posted 08 February 2018 - 01:42 PM

 theedge27, on 08 February 2018 - 01:25 PM, said:

 hwturner17, on 08 February 2018 - 01:14 PM, said:

 huskerguy18, on 08 February 2018 - 12:41 PM, said:

Well that means the Gamer Tours should be discounted. My wife is going to kill me. I already have about 5 dozen

Think the last gen are 2 for $30 on their site, but I swear I saw them marked 2 for $25 at my store the other day. I'm going to pick up some last gen and try the new gen. No brainer for those prices...

Makes you kind of wonder why anyone would play a 2 piece ball without a urethane cover for more money (unless that's their preference obviously). Maybe it's the Top Flight stigma

A store near me has them on clearance at $10 a dozen, with single sleeves being marked down to 3.49

Duuuuuuude! I'm so glad that isn't happening at my store. I'd get that crazy look in my eye and do something stupid. "Of course I need 10 dozen balls. Don't be a fool and pass up such a deal"

12

#13 ob18

ob18

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 400786
  • Joined: 10/26/2015
  • Location:PA
GolfWRX Likes : 229

Posted 08 February 2018 - 02:33 PM

 hwturner17, on 08 February 2018 - 01:42 PM, said:

 theedge27, on 08 February 2018 - 01:25 PM, said:

 hwturner17, on 08 February 2018 - 01:14 PM, said:

 huskerguy18, on 08 February 2018 - 12:41 PM, said:

Well that means the Gamer Tours should be discounted. My wife is going to kill me. I already have about 5 dozen

Think the last gen are 2 for $30 on their site, but I swear I saw them marked 2 for $25 at my store the other day. I'm going to pick up some last gen and try the new gen. No brainer for those prices...

Makes you kind of wonder why anyone would play a 2 piece ball without a urethane cover for more money (unless that's their preference obviously). Maybe it's the Top Flight stigma

A store near me has them on clearance at $10 a dozen, with single sleeves being marked down to 3.49

Duuuuuuude! I'm so glad that isn't happening at my store. I'd get that crazy look in my eye and do something stupid. "Of course I need 10 dozen balls. Don't be a fool and pass up such a deal"

Go to the store and check, haha
10* Callaway XR Driver
15* Nickent 3 Wood
18* Nickent F30 Hybrid
Taylormade M2 Irons - 5 iron to A wedge
54*, 58* Cleveland RTX 2.0 Wedges
Taylormade Ardmore 2 "L" Neck Putter

13

#14 ob18

ob18

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 400786
  • Joined: 10/26/2015
  • Location:PA
GolfWRX Likes : 229

Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:04 PM

My store told me they weren't being put on the shelves until February 26th but they sold me a dozen anyway.

Attached Thumbnails

  • 20180208_180028.jpg
  • 20180208_180049.jpg
  • 20180208_180109.jpg

10* Callaway XR Driver
15* Nickent 3 Wood
18* Nickent F30 Hybrid
Taylormade M2 Irons - 5 iron to A wedge
54*, 58* Cleveland RTX 2.0 Wedges
Taylormade Ardmore 2 "L" Neck Putter

14

#15 ode1

ode1

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 98193
  • Joined: 11/08/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 485

Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:48 PM

 ob18, on 08 February 2018 - 06:04 PM, said:

My store told me they weren't being put on the shelves until February 26th but they sold me a dozen anyway.

Curious if any different than the Gamer Tour.  I think the side stamp would have looked better = GamerU


15

#16 ob18

ob18

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 400786
  • Joined: 10/26/2015
  • Location:PA
GolfWRX Likes : 229

Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:55 PM

 ode1, on 08 February 2018 - 07:48 PM, said:

 ob18, on 08 February 2018 - 06:04 PM, said:

My store told me they weren't being put on the shelves until February 26th but they sold me a dozen anyway.

Curious if any different than the Gamer Tour.  I think the side stamp would have looked better = GamerU

I won't know for a bit longer but I'll give it a shot when I am able to hit the links
10* Callaway XR Driver
15* Nickent 3 Wood
18* Nickent F30 Hybrid
Taylormade M2 Irons - 5 iron to A wedge
54*, 58* Cleveland RTX 2.0 Wedges
Taylormade Ardmore 2 "L" Neck Putter

16

#17 erock9174

erock9174

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,391 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119277
  • Joined: 12/23/2010
  • Location:North Canton, OH
  • Handicap:9.5
GolfWRX Likes : 641

Posted 08 February 2018 - 09:42 PM

Who makes the Top Flite and Maxfli balls for Dicks ?
Driver: Taylormade M2 2017 PX HZRDUS T800
Hybrids: Callaway Bertha OS 3/4/5
Irons: Ping G700 6-UW
Wedges: Cleveland CBX 56* / Callaway Sure Out 64*

Chipper: Odyssey X-Act Tank
Putter: Odyssey MXM #7
Grips: GP Align MCC+4
Bag: Sun Mountain Four 5

Tracking: Game Golf

17

#18 Justsomeguy

Justsomeguy

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 412064
  • Joined: 02/13/2016
  • Location:New Orleans
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 168

Posted 08 February 2018 - 09:59 PM

 huskerguy18, on 08 February 2018 - 12:41 PM, said:

Well that means the Gamer Tours should be discounted. My wife is going to kill me. I already have about 5 dozen
The struggle is real.
Titleist 915D3 9.5*, Diamana S+ Blue 60, R
Titleist 915F 15* Diamana S+ Blue 70, R
Titleist 915H 20* Diamana S+ Blue 70, R
Titleist 716 AP1 4-W52, Kuro Kage Tini 65, S
Nike VR Toe Sweep X3X, 56*, DG Wedge Flex
Nike Method Core MC 03w

18

#19 huskerguy18

huskerguy18

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 455700
  • Joined: 02/18/2017
  • Location:Omaha, NE
  • Handicap:28
GolfWRX Likes : 144

Posted 09 February 2018 - 08:21 AM

Instead of keeping the Gamer Tours at 2 for $30 they've knocked the price down to $20 for a dozen. That's not a bad price but if they were still 2 for $30 I would have actually bought some

19

#20 TNGolfer8

TNGolfer8

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40939
  • Joined: 10/16/2007
  • Handicap:7.8
GolfWRX Likes : 38

Posted 09 February 2018 - 10:16 AM

 erock9174, on 08 February 2018 - 09:42 PM, said:

Who makes the Top Flite and Maxfli balls for Dicks ?
Something I've always wondered myself.

Driver-Wishon 919thi
3W- Wishon 949mc
5W-Wishon 949mc
25* Maltby Tour Hybrid
5-GW- Maltby TE Forged
SW- Ping Glide 2.0 56*
Lw- Pind Glide 2.0 60*
Maltby Pure Track Tour Milled Blade Putter
Ball- Snell MTB

Also frequently used-
Maltby UFW 7W
Maltby Tour Grind MG Wedge, 56* & 60*
Wishon Micro Groove HM Wedges, 56* & 60*

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 ob18

ob18

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 400786
  • Joined: 10/26/2015
  • Location:PA
GolfWRX Likes : 229

Posted 09 February 2018 - 10:17 AM

 huskerguy18, on 09 February 2018 - 08:21 AM, said:

Instead of keeping the Gamer Tours at 2 for $30 they've knocked the price down to $20 for a dozen. That's not a bad price but if they were still 2 for $30 I would have actually bought some

A sale like that could still happen, they aren't officially on the store shelves yet

 TNGolfer8, on 09 February 2018 - 10:16 AM, said:

 erock9174, on 08 February 2018 - 09:42 PM, said:

Who makes the Top Flite and Maxfli balls for Dicks ?
Something I've always wondered myself.

Good luck they don't even know the compression of the golf balls (gamers) & yes I've e-mailed & even called the corporate office customer support.
10* Callaway XR Driver
15* Nickent 3 Wood
18* Nickent F30 Hybrid
Taylormade M2 Irons - 5 iron to A wedge
54*, 58* Cleveland RTX 2.0 Wedges
Taylormade Ardmore 2 "L" Neck Putter

21

#22 trackcoach13

trackcoach13

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 73092
  • Joined: 01/17/2009
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 244

Posted 09 February 2018 - 10:41 AM

 erock9174, on 08 February 2018 - 09:42 PM, said:

Who makes the Top Flite and Maxfli balls for Dicks ?

 TNGolfer8, on 09 February 2018 - 10:16 AM, said:

 erock9174, on 08 February 2018 - 09:42 PM, said:

Who makes the Top Flite and Maxfli balls for Dicks ?
Something I've always wondered myself.

Foremost Golf in Taiwan. I think they also make Vice and Forte balls (Australia).

Edited by trackcoach13, 09 February 2018 - 10:42 AM.

Driver: Cobra F8 w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Green 65 Stiff
3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
2/3H: Cobra Amp Cell set to 3+ or 2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
Irons: Wilson FG Tour v6 4-GW   DG S300 AMT
Wedges: 56/11 and 60/09 Wilson FG Tour PMP Raw Tour Grind w/KBS Tour Hi Rev
Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

22

#23 Need2golfalot

Need2golfalot

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 399454
  • Joined: 10/14/2015
  • Location:Virginia Beach
  • Handicap:10.1
GolfWRX Likes : 141

Posted 09 February 2018 - 12:28 PM

 erock9174, on 08 February 2018 - 09:42 PM, said:

Who makes the Top Flite and Maxfli balls for Dicks ?

Callaway sold Top Flite to Dicks  

https://www.google.c...QjOHOvy&ampcf=1

Dicks purchased Maxfli from Taylor Made

23

#24 erock9174

erock9174

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,391 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119277
  • Joined: 12/23/2010
  • Location:North Canton, OH
  • Handicap:9.5
GolfWRX Likes : 641

Posted 09 February 2018 - 01:05 PM

 Need2golfalot, on 09 February 2018 - 12:28 PM, said:

 erock9174, on 08 February 2018 - 09:42 PM, said:

Who makes the Top Flite and Maxfli balls for Dicks ?

Callaway sold Top Flite to Dicks  

https://www.google.c...QjOHOvy&ampcf=1

Dicks purchased Maxfli from Taylor Made

Right. I know who the brands were purchased from but that doesnít mean Cally is making the Top Flites and TM is making the Maxfliís for DSG.

So itís Foremost then making both ?
Driver: Taylormade M2 2017 PX HZRDUS T800
Hybrids: Callaway Bertha OS 3/4/5
Irons: Ping G700 6-UW
Wedges: Cleveland CBX 56* / Callaway Sure Out 64*

Chipper: Odyssey X-Act Tank
Putter: Odyssey MXM #7
Grips: GP Align MCC+4
Bag: Sun Mountain Four 5

Tracking: Game Golf

24

#25 Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 482578
  • Joined: 09/23/2017
  • Location:Long Island
GolfWRX Likes : 78

Posted 09 February 2018 - 04:22 PM

 hwturner17, on 08 February 2018 - 01:42 PM, said:

 theedge27, on 08 February 2018 - 01:25 PM, said:

 hwturner17, on 08 February 2018 - 01:14 PM, said:

 huskerguy18, on 08 February 2018 - 12:41 PM, said:

Well that means the Gamer Tours should be discounted. My wife is going to kill me. I already have about 5 dozen

Think the last gen are 2 for $30 on their site, but I swear I saw them marked 2 for $25 at my store the other day. I'm going to pick up some last gen and try the new gen. No brainer for those prices...

Makes you kind of wonder why anyone would play a 2 piece ball without a urethane cover for more money (unless that's their preference obviously). Maybe it's the Top Flight stigma

A store near me has them on clearance at $10 a dozen, with single sleeves being marked down to 3.49

Duuuuuuude! I'm so glad that isn't happening at my store. I'd get that crazy look in my eye and do something stupid. "Of course I need 10 dozen balls. Don't be a fool and pass up such a deal"

They've taken the dozen packs of white Gamer Tour balls off of Dick's website.  They are now selling them by the sleeve for $3.49.  So, even if you can't get them in person at $10 per dozen, you can get them in person for $13.96 per dozen.

I think that I'll stop at my local Dick's tonight to see if they're running the same $10 per dozen sale that theedge27 saw.  I don't need new golf balls right now. But, at $10 per dozen, for a ball that I like, it would be silly to pass that deal up.


25

#26 flushem

flushem

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39708
  • Joined: 09/21/2007
  • Location:SoCal
  • Handicap:16
GolfWRX Likes : 177

Posted 09 February 2018 - 05:05 PM

Even for $10/dozen, I would stay away from it.  such poor performing ball. IMO, Pinnacle Soft performs far better than Gamer Tour.   I hope the new version(GU) is @par-performing ball.

26

#27 Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 482578
  • Joined: 09/23/2017
  • Location:Long Island
GolfWRX Likes : 78

Posted 09 February 2018 - 06:54 PM

My local store didn't have the $10 deal.  They are selling the Gamer Tours for $15 per dozen.  The sale sign implied that this is the price until early March.

27

#28 xkilgorextroutx

xkilgorextroutx

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 466834
  • Joined: 05/09/2017
  • Location:MA
  • Handicap:19.5
GolfWRX Likes : 112

Posted 09 February 2018 - 08:02 PM

Matte white SoftFli's for $21/dozen? Wonder if they'll still offer the "regular" white at 2/$25 or 3/$30 occasionally. Fantastic deal when they run that one.

28

#29 Tanner25

Tanner25

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,609 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46356
  • Joined: 01/18/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 316

Posted 10 February 2018 - 08:17 PM

Has anyone played the new Maxfli Softfli Matte balls? Do they feel like marshmallows or does the matte finish add some feel to it? I have tried the previous gen Softfli's, Duo's and SuperSoft etc and they are too soft for me.
The new matte balls do look great and I'm tempted to give them one last try.

Edited by Tanner25, 10 February 2018 - 08:20 PM.


29

#30 erock9174

erock9174

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,391 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119277
  • Joined: 12/23/2010
  • Location:North Canton, OH
  • Handicap:9.5
GolfWRX Likes : 641

Posted 11 February 2018 - 11:22 AM

 Tanner25, on 10 February 2018 - 08:17 PM, said:

Has anyone played the new Maxfli Softfli Matte balls? Do they feel like marshmallows or does the matte finish add some feel to it? I have tried the previous gen Softfli's, Duo's and SuperSoft etc and they are too soft for me.
The new matte balls do look great and I'm tempted to give them one last try.

I putted them at Dicks and they felt soft like the Supersoft and Duo. Havenít hit them off an iron or wood yet.

Driver: Taylormade M2 2017 PX HZRDUS T800
Hybrids: Callaway Bertha OS 3/4/5
Irons: Ping G700 6-UW
Wedges: Cleveland CBX 56* / Callaway Sure Out 64*

Chipper: Odyssey X-Act Tank
Putter: Odyssey MXM #7
Grips: GP Align MCC+4
Bag: Sun Mountain Four 5

Tracking: Game Golf

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors