Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Any Harley Golfers?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Egobblewobble

Egobblewobble

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 401626
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 06 February 2018 - 05:43 PM

I have had a harley for a couple summers now and love to ride. I always take my truck to work over summer so I can golf right after, so I didn't get to ride as much as I would have liked. Although I just thought of trying to bring my clubs to work on my bike. I have had a locker at my local course in the past but I tend to play multiple courses now so it is not as convenient. Does anyone bring their clubs with them? I have seen brackets that can hold a bag on the back, and even though they look goofy, they seem very practical. Has anyones gone through this problem?

Attached Thumbnails

• MotorcycleGolfBagCarrier_271x179.png

That dog'll hunt

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 HoganApexBlades

HoganApexBlades

...Be the ball, Be the ball Danny...

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 249580
GolfWRX Likes : 1523

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:54 PM

I ride and I play golf. I would never haul my sticks on the back of my Softail to the course. No offense, but that looks ridiculous and potentially dangerous. Separate your hobbies and focus on one at a time...
CHASING CLASSIC CLUBS

#3 hammy83

hammy83

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 136777
GolfWRX Likes : 1251

Posted 07 February 2018 - 09:18 AM

I could just picture leaving the ball pocket or any pocket slightly unzipped.  A few bumps and arrive at the course and the pocket is empty and your contents are somewhere between your house and the course.  
I'd probably opt for club storage instead.

#4 Egobblewobble

Egobblewobble

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:47 PM

View PostHoganApexBlades, on 06 February 2018 - 10:54 PM, said:

I ride and I play golf. I would never haul my sticks on the back of my Softail to the course. No offense, but that looks ridiculous and potentially dangerous. Separate your hobbies and focus on one at a time...

View Posthammy83, on 07 February 2018 - 09:18 AM, said:

I could just picture leaving the ball pocket or any pocket slightly unzipped.  A few bumps and arrive at the course and the pocket is empty and your contents are somewhere between your house and the course.  
I'd probably opt for club storage instead.

yeah thinking about it now it does seem a bit overboard hahah. looks like the tacoma will get its fair share of miles this summer
That dog'll hunt

#5 ROOK16

ROOK16

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 198606
  • Handicap:~12
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 09 February 2018 - 05:27 PM

No, it's not overboard.
No, it doesn't look ridiculous.
No, it's not dangerous.

As long as you feel the bag is secure, keep on riding.  I've ridden well over 1K miles with my bag laying horizontal on the passenger seat of my Goldwing.  I stuff my towels around the club heads, then button and bungee the raincover on the bag.  My motorcycle isn't just a hobby.  I put as many miles on it in a year than I do with my truck.  It also helps that I get twice the gas mileage on the bike.  I saved over $50 in gas on a golf trip up to Michigan last year.  That paid for the first round right there.

#6 Egobblewobble

Egobblewobble

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:35 PM

View PostROOK16, on 09 February 2018 - 05:27 PM, said:

No, it's not overboard.
No, it doesn't look ridiculous.
No, it's not dangerous.

As long as you feel the bag is secure, keep on riding.  I've ridden well over 1K miles with my bag laying horizontal on the passenger seat of my Goldwing.  I stuff my towels around the club heads, then button and bungee the raincover on the bag.  My motorcycle isn't just a hobby.  I put as many miles on it in a year than I do with my truck.  It also helps that I get twice the gas mileage on the bike.  I saved over $50 in gas on a golf trip up to Michigan last year.  That paid for the first round right there.

yeah the gas mileage is a huge plus, i easily get double to gas mileage on my bike. Thinking about the trying the rack, i don't have a storage rack or a backseat to strap it to. its a win win getting to golf and ride there and back. I have atleast a 30 minute drive to any course from my house so the gas would add up
That dog'll hunt

#7 W4LWQ

W4LWQ

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 229231
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 25 April 2018 - 07:43 AM

20161105_163804.jpg Nice Fatboy , sold mine last Sept.(wife couldn't ride anymore). Here is a pick

View PostEgobblewobble, on 06 February 2018 - 05:43 PM, said:

I have had a harley for a couple summers now and love to ride. I always take my truck to work over summer so I can golf right after, so I didn't get to ride as much as I would have liked. Although I just thought of trying to bring my clubs to work on my bike. I have had a locker at my local course in the past but I tend to play multiple courses now so it is not as convenient. Does anyone bring their clubs with them? I have seen brackets that can hold a bag on the back, and even though they look goofy, they seem very practical. Has anyones gone through this problem?

#8 dan360

dan360

Paisano

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8694
GolfWRX Likes : 6196

Posted 27 April 2018 - 12:05 AM

Be hardcore.   Hang onto your pull cart with your left hand.
As of 26APR2018

TaylorMade M1 '17 440 9° HZRDUS Yellow
TaylorMade M1 '17 3HL KuroKage
Mizuno MP-H5 Hitogami 1 iron Modus 120
Mizuno MP-33 3-PW S300 1 soft step +.5 2 flat
Mizuno MP-T10 54(bent to 52)/60 DGW  +.5 1 flat
PING Anser Jim Wells tour 34"
Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis
OUUL h2oProof stand bag black

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors