Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * - - - 4 votes

Shout out to PGA Superstore!!


131 replies to this topic

#1 cliffhanger

cliffhanger

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,480 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 133399
  • Joined: 07/18/2011
  • Location:spruce grove alberta
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 812

Posted 04 February 2018 - 06:35 PM

I was having an issue returning a driver my wife purchased for me at the store that i have been dealing with for as long as they have existed. I have spent more money there than i can remember. I didn't have a receipt however that is all documented in another post.

Earlier this week i reached out to the PGA Superstore head office and within 10 minutes i received a reply from one of their reps. It was brought to my attention that they have a similar policy as Golftown in Canada with regards to exchanges without a receipt however they would forward my email to the store where i will be vacationing this month. They leave it up to the store manager to make the call.

About 10 minutes after that i received an email from Steven who is the Orlando location GM. He informed me that they will in fact take the driver on exchange for the current price of the club on the day i walk into the store. Also i have to spend that credit on that day. I thanked Steven very much and i look forward to going to the store the very day i arrive in orlando.

Now lets be clear, i not only do not live anywhere near Orlando, i don't even live in the country in which they operate and there is really no need for them to do this for me. And this all happened within 1 hour. It took 6 days and a couple of emails to Golftown's head office for the GM of the store to call me... and in the end Golftowns offer was less than what the PGA Superstore was willing to give me without ever really spending any amount of money in their stores. That is customer service... they have a new customer for life. What they are doing for me has blown me away, i didn't expect it and i certainly appreciate it. Golf town has lost this guy's business for life. I have spent so much more than what i had ever returned or tried to exchange.

I look forward to getting to Orlando and getting my new clubs. Thanks again to Steven in Orlando and RJ from customer service who initially responded to my email. My initial intent was to buy a driver and 3 wood... now i am thinking i'll add a 5 wood or hybrid... and maybe a pair of shoes or two... Sorry Golftown but you absolutely suck.

Regards,

Wendell

Edited by cliffhanger, 04 February 2018 - 06:36 PM.

Titleist 917 D3 9.5 deg
Titleist 917 F3 15 deg
Taylormade 790 3 iron
Mizuno MP18 Blades 4-PW
Mizuno T7 50 and 54 deg wedges
Cameron Newport 3 @ 34 inch

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 BB28403

BB28403

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 369711
  • Joined: 04/06/2015
  • Location:Wilmington, NC
GolfWRX Likes : 370

Posted 05 February 2018 - 05:05 AM

Dang man you really are invested in getting those 917 clubs aren't you?

Just curious how many hours of your time have you spent on this?  10? 20?

Relax.  Life is short.  Go play golf with that F7.  or put it on ebay.  Anything to save your time and others time in your email chain.

2

#3 cliffhanger

cliffhanger

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,480 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 133399
  • Joined: 07/18/2011
  • Location:spruce grove alberta
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 812

Posted 05 February 2018 - 08:26 AM

View PostBB28403, on 05 February 2018 - 05:05 AM, said:

Dang man you really are invested in getting those 917 clubs aren't you?

Just curious how many hours of your time have you spent on this?  10? 20?

Relax.  Life is short.  Go play golf with that F7.  or put it on ebay.  Anything to save your time and others time in your email chain.
i sent one email and waited an hour to get a response from the PGA SS. That seems reasonable to me. I am relaxed and will be further relaxed when I hit Orlando for two weeks. If I wanted to keep the F7 I would have. Thanks for the tip. Glad you enjoyed the read!!
Titleist 917 D3 9.5 deg
Titleist 917 F3 15 deg
Taylormade 790 3 iron
Mizuno MP18 Blades 4-PW
Mizuno T7 50 and 54 deg wedges
Cameron Newport 3 @ 34 inch

3

#4 jaw2k9

jaw2k9

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 157609
  • Joined: 01/24/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 54

Posted 05 February 2018 - 08:48 AM

Glad that things worked out for you. Whenever (other thread) I see companies that change their policies for a one off or something weird, or people chime in on the company's side saying 'I was in retail and that's how we did it...' I tend to cringe.  If you were in retail and did things that way, you'd not be long for the business no matter what the store sells.

My dad believed in the customer is always right and rarely if ever deviated - there was one customer he had where he was not nice and I once asked him about why, he said the lady came in about once a month, tried on shoes for an hour and never ever bought anything, it was some ritual she seemed to have.

Anyway, he was in retail for well over 50 years before retiring - even took stuff back that was not his, and later in the day he would take the stuff to the store it did come from and the owner there would pay him for the return. In the 'old' days that's how things went. No one cares anymore - so it's great to hear that your issue was resolved sorry to see that the original company failed in their duty to you as a customer though.

Do things well and rarely does anyone sing your praises, but screw things up and they tell everyone - you've done both - good job.  That is told both stories.

4

#5 wobgon

wobgon

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,903 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 54137
  • Joined: 04/20/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 5031

Posted 05 February 2018 - 09:18 AM

View Postjaw2k9, on 05 February 2018 - 08:48 AM, said:

Glad that things worked out for you. Whenever (other thread) I see companies that change their policies for a one off or something weird, or people chime in on the company's side saying 'I was in retail and that's how we did it...' I tend to cringe.  If you were in retail and did things that way, you'd not be long for the business no matter what the store sells.

My dad believed in the customer is always right and rarely if ever deviated - there was one customer he had where he was not nice and I once asked him about why, he said the lady came in about once a month, tried on shoes for an hour and never ever bought anything, it was some ritual she seemed to have.

Anyway, he was in retail for well over 50 years before retiring - even took stuff back that was not his, and later in the day he would take the stuff to the store it did come from and the owner there would pay him for the return. In the 'old' days that's how things went. No one cares anymore - so it's great to hear that your issue was resolved sorry to see that the original company failed in their duty to you as a customer though.

Do things well and rarely does anyone sing your praises, but screw things up and they tell everyone - you've done both - good job.  That is told both stories.
Now all we need to hear is Golftown's story and we will have all three.


5

#6 jaw2k9

jaw2k9

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 157609
  • Joined: 01/24/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 54

Posted 05 February 2018 - 09:23 AM

View Postwobgon, on 05 February 2018 - 09:18 AM, said:

View Postjaw2k9, on 05 February 2018 - 08:48 AM, said:

Glad that things worked out for you. Whenever (other thread) I see companies that change their policies for a one off or something weird, or people chime in on the company's side saying 'I was in retail and that's how we did it...' I tend to cringe.  If you were in retail and did things that way, you'd not be long for the business no matter what the store sells.

My dad believed in the customer is always right and rarely if ever deviated - there was one customer he had where he was not nice and I once asked him about why, he said the lady came in about once a month, tried on shoes for an hour and never ever bought anything, it was some ritual she seemed to have.

Anyway, he was in retail for well over 50 years before retiring - even took stuff back that was not his, and later in the day he would take the stuff to the store it did come from and the owner there would pay him for the return. In the 'old' days that's how things went. No one cares anymore - so it's great to hear that your issue was resolved sorry to see that the original company failed in their duty to you as a customer though.

Do things well and rarely does anyone sing your praises, but screw things up and they tell everyone - you've done both - good job.  That is told both stories.
Now all we need to hear is Golftown's story and we will have all three.

I suspect we have, it may be a bit slanted, but we've heard it, in the other thread. Here's where Golftown blows up, they could see the customer's profile and spending habits by that club thing he is/was in, and make a smart decision, to help him out win win for everyone or just make up stories as to why the could not take things back.  They chose to lose a good customer (based on know spending habits) and made up - incorrect - reasons.  It's as if worker 1 screwed up and instead of anyone anywhere up or down the line trying to fix things, they just made them worse with each interaction.  And to do that in the golf sales business where nearly every brick and mortar is either clinging to life support or failing is all the more remarkable.

6

#7 wobgon

wobgon

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,903 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 54137
  • Joined: 04/20/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 5031

Posted 05 February 2018 - 09:35 AM

View Postjaw2k9, on 05 February 2018 - 09:23 AM, said:

View Postwobgon, on 05 February 2018 - 09:18 AM, said:

View Postjaw2k9, on 05 February 2018 - 08:48 AM, said:

Glad that things worked out for you. Whenever (other thread) I see companies that change their policies for a one off or something weird, or people chime in on the company's side saying 'I was in retail and that's how we did it...' I tend to cringe.  If you were in retail and did things that way, you'd not be long for the business no matter what the store sells.

My dad believed in the customer is always right and rarely if ever deviated - there was one customer he had where he was not nice and I once asked him about why, he said the lady came in about once a month, tried on shoes for an hour and never ever bought anything, it was some ritual she seemed to have.

Anyway, he was in retail for well over 50 years before retiring - even took stuff back that was not his, and later in the day he would take the stuff to the store it did come from and the owner there would pay him for the return. In the 'old' days that's how things went. No one cares anymore - so it's great to hear that your issue was resolved sorry to see that the original company failed in their duty to you as a customer though.

Do things well and rarely does anyone sing your praises, but screw things up and they tell everyone - you've done both - good job.  That is told both stories.
Now all we need to hear is Golftown's story and we will have all three.

I suspect we have, it may be a bit slanted, but we've heard it, in the other thread. Here's where Golftown blows up, they could see the customer's profile and spending habits by that club thing he is/was in, and make a smart decision, to help him out win win for everyone or just make up stories as to why the could not take things back.  They chose to lose a good customer (based on know spending habits) and made up - incorrect - reasons.  It's as if worker 1 screwed up and instead of anyone anywhere up or down the line trying to fix things, they just made them worse with each interaction.  And to do that in the golf sales business where nearly every brick and mortar is either clinging to life support or failing is all the more remarkable.
I read the other thread last night and still have not heard Golftown's story.......After being in business for a long, long, time, I have found that the expression "there are two sides to every story is completely accurate and the expression "the customer is always right is not even close to being accurate".  
Side note....I'm not saying that what the OP has stated is or is not the correct story, I just know we have not heard both sides of the story.....I think we can all agree on that.

Edited by wobgon, 05 February 2018 - 09:39 AM.


7

#8 cliffhanger

cliffhanger

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,480 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 133399
  • Joined: 07/18/2011
  • Location:spruce grove alberta
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 812

Posted 05 February 2018 - 10:06 AM

Hey guys, letís keep this thread focused more on good customer service. That was the point of separating the two. I do agree that life is too short,  thatís why i was so frustrated after shopping with that company for over 15 years. And I would like to hear Their side of the story as well... but that would mean hearing the same story twice... maybe with some spice on top, but ultimately the same story.
Again I am super happy with the PGA SS... and that is now my focus.
Titleist 917 D3 9.5 deg
Titleist 917 F3 15 deg
Taylormade 790 3 iron
Mizuno MP18 Blades 4-PW
Mizuno T7 50 and 54 deg wedges
Cameron Newport 3 @ 34 inch

8

#9 deadsolid...shank

deadsolid...shank

    Legend

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 10,745 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99408
  • Joined: 11/30/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 6891

Posted 05 February 2018 - 10:08 AM

View Postjaw2k9, on 05 February 2018 - 08:48 AM, said:

Glad that things worked out for you. Whenever (other thread) I see companies that change their policies for a one off or something weird, or people chime in on the company's side saying 'I was in retail and that's how we did it...' I tend to cringe.  If you were in retail and did things that way, you'd not be long for the business no matter what the store sells.

My dad believed in the customer is always right and rarely if ever deviated - there was one customer he had where he was not nice and I once asked him about why, he said the lady came in about once a month, tried on shoes for an hour and never ever bought anything, it was some ritual she seemed to have.

Anyway, he was in retail for well over 50 years before retiring - even took stuff back that was not his, and later in the day he would take the stuff to the store it did come from and the owner there would pay him for the return. In the 'old' days that's how things went. No one cares anymore - so it's great to hear that your issue was resolved sorry to see that the original company failed in their duty to you as a customer though.

Do things well and rarely does anyone sing your praises, but screw things up and they tell everyone - you've done both - good job.  That is told both stories.

You cringe whenever you hear an “I was in retail”story, and then proceed to tell one.  And the woman who frequented your dad’s store is exactly why I said that old “customer is always right” statement is a load of crap.

Like Wongon said, we still have just one side of the story. And there is no reason to believe Cliffhanger isn’t sharing his side exactly how it happend. I’m sure he is, and it sounds like he was nothing but reasonable.

But the bottom line is WE DONT KNOW the reasoning behind the retailers actions because they haven’t come on here and explained it. Everything (including mine) pertaining to why they chose their response is pure speculation.
Titleist 910 8.5
Titleist 910 15*
Titleist 910H 17*
2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
SC GoLo
Vokey SM5 52,58,62

9

#10 jaw2k9

jaw2k9

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 157609
  • Joined: 01/24/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 54

Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:07 AM

View Postdeadsolid...shank, on 05 February 2018 - 10:08 AM, said:

View Postjaw2k9, on 05 February 2018 - 08:48 AM, said:

Glad that things worked out for you. Whenever (other thread) I see companies that change their policies for a one off or something weird, or people chime in on the company's side saying 'I was in retail and that's how we did it...' I tend to cringe.  If you were in retail and did things that way, you'd not be long for the business no matter what the store sells.

My dad believed in the customer is always right and rarely if ever deviated - there was one customer he had where he was not nice and I once asked him about why, he said the lady came in about once a month, tried on shoes for an hour and never ever bought anything, it was some ritual she seemed to have.

Anyway, he was in retail for well over 50 years before retiring - even took stuff back that was not his, and later in the day he would take the stuff to the store it did come from and the owner there would pay him for the return. In the 'old' days that's how things went. No one cares anymore - so it's great to hear that your issue was resolved sorry to see that the original company failed in their duty to you as a customer though.

Do things well and rarely does anyone sing your praises, but screw things up and they tell everyone - you've done both - good job.  That is told both stories.

You cringe whenever you hear an “I was in retail”story, and then proceed to tell one.  And the woman who frequented your dad’s store is exactly why I said that old “customer is always right” statement is a load of crap.

Like Wongon said, we still have just one side of the story. And there is no reason to believe Cliffhanger isn’t sharing his side exactly how it happend. I’m sure he is, and it sounds like he was nothing but reasonable.

But the bottom line is WE DONT KNOW the reasoning behind the retailers actions because they haven’t come on here and explained it. Everything (including mine) pertaining to why they chose their response is pure speculation.

I am not trying to argue with you or anyone, rather sharing my observations from my Dad's sole proprietorship with over 50 years experience, you cherry picked the information and I guess that would be a good to begin an argument. I said he had 1 bad customer who never bought anything.  I also said that the store could quickly and easily found the history on the OPs spending and gotten an idea of what to do.  They had a policy and it was not followed.  My father did not have a policy but accepted things that he did not even sell (as in brands and products) and he then took to the correct store - because he did believe in customer service.

Either way surely there is something that the retailer could have done differently. I believe that barring the ridiculous (which has not been stated) the store made an error in judgement, kept making it worse and lost what sounds like a good customer who has no problems spending. To me these are the things that will further chip away at retail/brick and mortar stores particularly those geared to one kind of product (be it golf, shoes, whatever).

What is there to hear - the policy was on the receipt and website he should have been able to exchange a golf club for another golf club.

OP - sorry for this last post (I will try to abstain in this thread going forward).

Again, congrats in getting a resolution albeit it one that makes things a bit tougher than working locally.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 deadsolid...shank

deadsolid...shank

    Legend

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 10,745 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99408
  • Joined: 11/30/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 6891

Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:27 AM

View Postjaw2k9, on 05 February 2018 - 11:07 AM, said:

View Postdeadsolid...shank, on 05 February 2018 - 10:08 AM, said:

View Postjaw2k9, on 05 February 2018 - 08:48 AM, said:

Glad that things worked out for you. Whenever (other thread) I see companies that change their policies for a one off or something weird, or people chime in on the company's side saying 'I was in retail and that's how we did it...' I tend to cringe.  If you were in retail and did things that way, you'd not be long for the business no matter what the store sells.

My dad believed in the customer is always right and rarely if ever deviated - there was one customer he had where he was not nice and I once asked him about why, he said the lady came in about once a month, tried on shoes for an hour and never ever bought anything, it was some ritual she seemed to have.

Anyway, he was in retail for well over 50 years before retiring - even took stuff back that was not his, and later in the day he would take the stuff to the store it did come from and the owner there would pay him for the return. In the 'old' days that's how things went. No one cares anymore - so it's great to hear that your issue was resolved sorry to see that the original company failed in their duty to you as a customer though.

Do things well and rarely does anyone sing your praises, but screw things up and they tell everyone - you've done both - good job.  That is told both stories.

You cringe whenever you hear an “I was in retail”story, and then proceed to tell one.  And the woman who frequented your dad’s store is exactly why I said that old “customer is always right” statement is a load of crap.

Like Wongon said, we still have just one side of the story. And there is no reason to believe Cliffhanger isn’t sharing his side exactly how it happend. I’m sure he is, and it sounds like he was nothing but reasonable.

But the bottom line is WE DONT KNOW the reasoning behind the retailers actions because they haven’t come on here and explained it. Everything (including mine) pertaining to why they chose their response is pure speculation.

I am not trying to argue with you or anyone, rather sharing my observations from my Dad's sole proprietorship with over 50 years experience, you cherry picked the information and I guess that would be a good to begin an argument. I said he had 1 bad customer who never bought anything.  I also said that the store could quickly and easily found the history on the OPs spending and gotten an idea of what to do.  They had a policy and it was not followed.  My father did not have a policy but accepted things that he did not even sell (as in brands and products) and he then took to the correct store - because he did believe in customer service.

Either way surely there is something that the retailer could have done differently. I believe that barring the ridiculous (which has not been stated) the store made an error in judgement, kept making it worse and lost what sounds like a good customer who has no problems spending. To me these are the things that will further chip away at retail/brick and mortar stores particularly those geared to one kind of product (be it golf, shoes, whatever).

What is there to hear - the policy was on the receipt and website he should have been able to exchange a golf club for another golf club.

OP - sorry for this last post (I will try to abstain in this thread going forward).

Again, congrats in getting a resolution albeit it one that makes things a bit tougher than working locally.

No worries Jaw2Kd. I probably came off a little snarly in my post. Apologies. Don’t abstain from the thread, it’s still good discussion, mainly because there are different viewpoints.

Someone also posted something about differing policies due to them being in receivership. Policies that could very well, and probably due supersede those printed on the receipt. Should the receipts be changed. Sure, but we all know they aren’t going to add another additional cost, no matter how minute, at this point in time.

What I’m saying is that it’s very possible that that “easy” decision or solution  the retailer could have come to might very well not be their decision to make. And sometimes  you simply cannot make the customer happy.  Sometimes you do have to just let the customer leave unhappy.
Titleist 910 8.5
Titleist 910 15*
Titleist 910H 17*
2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
SC GoLo
Vokey SM5 52,58,62

11

#12 brew4eagle

brew4eagle

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12175
  • Joined: 02/18/2006
  • Location:VA
  • Handicap:10
  • Ebay ID:jdbrewer
GolfWRX Likes : 563

Posted 05 February 2018 - 12:23 PM

So, Golftown ended up offering credit?  Is the problem just that they would only offer the lowest price that the club sold for in their store, which is less than what was spent on it (which Golftown has no way of verifying since no receipt)?  Is the main problem that they didn't offer this resolution with the first visit?  Would you have still been upset with a credit offer of less than what was paid?
Sun Mountain 2.5+
PING i20 10.5*
Adams a7 19*
Nike VR Forged Pro Combo 4-P
Vokey SM6 52.08F*, 58.08M*
Cameron Studio Select Newport '08
Srixon Z Star

12

#13 cliffhanger

cliffhanger

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,480 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 133399
  • Joined: 07/18/2011
  • Location:spruce grove alberta
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 812

Posted 05 February 2018 - 12:48 PM

View Postbrew4eagle, on 05 February 2018 - 12:23 PM, said:

So, Golftown ended up offering credit?  Is the problem just that they would only offer the lowest price that the club sold for in their store, which is less than what was spent on it (which Golftown has no way of verifying since no receipt)?  Is the main problem that they didn't offer this resolution with the first visit?  Would you have still been upset with a credit offer of less than what was paid?
the main issue is the ever revolving excuse of why they did nothing... then it took 6 days for the manager to contact me. During that time The PGA SS had already stepped up and made me an offer... at that point the Golftown offer is inconsequential... they could have offer double for the driver and I wouldnít have accepted it. There is also an element of arrogance the manager at Golftown displayed during our phone call. I was made to feel like I was crooked. My 15 years plus of shopping at Golftown would indicate otherwise. And again... I have moved on from Golftown... they failed to take care of a damn good customer and they will pay the price for that. I have also requested to have my leaderboard account closed and my personal information removed... I asked for an email confirmation that this has happened... I havenít heard back as of yet. I donít want to continue to harp on this... the PGA SS is my focus now and their top notch customer service. I have learned my lesson and itís time to move on to bigger and better things... like an awesome two week vacation coming up.
Titleist 917 D3 9.5 deg
Titleist 917 F3 15 deg
Taylormade 790 3 iron
Mizuno MP18 Blades 4-PW
Mizuno T7 50 and 54 deg wedges
Cameron Newport 3 @ 34 inch

13

#14 KBong

KBong

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 434478
  • Joined: 07/29/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 835

Posted 05 February 2018 - 01:57 PM

View Postcliffhanger, on 04 February 2018 - 06:35 PM, said:

I was having an issue returning a driver my wife purchased for me at the store that i have been dealing with for as long as they have existed. I have spent more money there than i can remember. I didn't have a receipt however that is all documented in another post.

they have a new customer for life. What they are doing for me has blown me away, i didn't expect it and i certainly appreciate it. Golf town has lost this guy's business for life. I have spent so much more than what i had ever returned or tried to exchange.

Sorry Golftown but you absolutely suck.
Golftown is simply doing what most retailers (golf and non-golf) do on exchanges/refunds without a receipt...they will offer the lowest price in the system without a receipt.

Glad you got PGA Superstore to offer you the current value when you visit the store....but what happens if the club goes on sale below the Golftown offer the day you walk in the store.

You have 3 Golftown's in Edmonton......did you contact the GM's at the other 2 stores. Rather than get Golftown's HQ involved..... you could have asked when the GM was working next and called him. The GM's at Golftown's work a lot of hours.

I don't know what other golf outlets there are in Edmonton....but any other competitors won't have the variety of stock that Golftown carries.....so what happens when you want to buy a $19 golf glove....it will like cost you $40+ to buy a glove on-line from PGA Superstore with the costs of shipment, potential brokerage fees and a current 30% exchange rate premium.

Obviously, Golftown has lost your business....I also live in Canada......... I have found that many customers, including myself, have found Golftown to be a reasonably good if not a very good retailer and have been fair in any issue resolutions that I and my golf friends have encountered....and I've read mostly positive posts about Golftown in other golf forums.

Edited by KBong, 05 February 2018 - 02:03 PM.


14

#15 cliffhanger

cliffhanger

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,480 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 133399
  • Joined: 07/18/2011
  • Location:spruce grove alberta
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 812

Posted 05 February 2018 - 02:12 PM

DeBoers, and a variety of well stocked pro shops. Plus I vacation a couple times a year in the US... so the PGA SS will be a place to visit.
If the PGA SS price drops below what it currently is I am still making the deal. Itís a principle thing. What I received in an hour from the PGA SS... Golftown couldnít match in 6 days. By the time they contacted me I had already accepted what The PGA SS offered. And the manager at Golftown was anything but professional or courteous.

Titleist 917 D3 9.5 deg
Titleist 917 F3 15 deg
Taylormade 790 3 iron
Mizuno MP18 Blades 4-PW
Mizuno T7 50 and 54 deg wedges
Cameron Newport 3 @ 34 inch

15

#16 cliffhanger

cliffhanger

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,480 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 133399
  • Joined: 07/18/2011
  • Location:spruce grove alberta
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 812

Posted 05 February 2018 - 02:55 PM

View PostKBong, on 05 February 2018 - 01:57 PM, said:

View Postcliffhanger, on 04 February 2018 - 06:35 PM, said:

I was having an issue returning a driver my wife purchased for me at the store that i have been dealing with for as long as they have existed. I have spent more money there than i can remember. I didn't have a receipt however that is all documented in another post.

they have a new customer for life. What they are doing for me has blown me away, i didn't expect it and i certainly appreciate it. Golf town has lost this guy's business for life. I have spent so much more than what i had ever returned or tried to exchange.

Sorry Golftown but you absolutely suck.
Golftown is simply doing what most retailers (golf and non-golf) do on exchanges/refunds without a receipt...they will offer the lowest price in the system without a receipt.

Glad you got PGA Superstore to offer you the current value when you visit the store....but what happens if the club goes on sale below the Golftown offer the day you walk in the store.

You have 3 Golftown's in Edmonton......did you contact the GM's at the other 2 stores. Rather than get Golftown's HQ involved..... you could have asked when the GM was working next and called him. The GM's at Golftown's work a lot of hours.

I don't know what other golf outlets there are in Edmonton....but any other competitors won't have the variety of stock that Golftown carries.....so what happens when you want to buy a $19 golf glove....it will like cost you $40+ to buy a glove on-line from PGA Superstore with the costs of shipment, potential brokerage fees and a current 30% exchange rate premium.

Obviously, Golftown has lost your business....I also live in Canada......... I have found that many customers, including myself, have found Golftown to be a reasonably good if not a very good retailer and have been fair in any issue resolutions that I and my golf friends have encountered....and I've read mostly positive posts about Golftown in other golf forums.
i wouldnít have shopped there for over 15 years if I didnít think they were good at one point.

Titleist 917 D3 9.5 deg
Titleist 917 F3 15 deg
Taylormade 790 3 iron
Mizuno MP18 Blades 4-PW
Mizuno T7 50 and 54 deg wedges
Cameron Newport 3 @ 34 inch

16

#17 wobgon

wobgon

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,903 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 54137
  • Joined: 04/20/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 5031

Posted 05 February 2018 - 04:14 PM

Am I missing something here, or is this being blown a little out of proportion?   We have two threads about a problem with a retail exchange which when you think about it, pretty much falls under the category of life happens. Many different businesses give us many options on where to spend our money and where not to.....Maybe just me, but this just sounds like an everyday occurrence......Just my two cents......Glad PGA SS is taking care of you.

17

#18 cliffhanger

cliffhanger

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,480 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 133399
  • Joined: 07/18/2011
  • Location:spruce grove alberta
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 812

Posted 05 February 2018 - 04:25 PM

View Postwobgon, on 05 February 2018 - 04:14 PM, said:

Am I missing something here, or is this being blown a little out of proportion?   We have two threads about a problem with a retail exchange which when you think about it, pretty much falls under the category of life happens. Many different businesses give us many options on where to spend our money and where not to.....Maybe just me, but this just sounds like an everyday occurrence......Just my two cents......Glad PGA SS is taking care of you.
this thread was started to talk about good customer service and it got derailed by some guys. I honestly think that exceptional customer service gets overlooked and gets rarely acknowledged. Honestly I just wanted to say my peace and I think I have. As long as people want to discuss things Golftown related they should jump on the other thread. But I guess everyone has their own agenda. Iíll say it again... the PGA SS is damn good in my books.
Titleist 917 D3 9.5 deg
Titleist 917 F3 15 deg
Taylormade 790 3 iron
Mizuno MP18 Blades 4-PW
Mizuno T7 50 and 54 deg wedges
Cameron Newport 3 @ 34 inch

18

#19 GoIrish17

GoIrish17

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,811 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 157931
  • Joined: 01/26/2012
  • Location:Cuyahoga Falls, OH
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 3621

Posted 05 February 2018 - 04:37 PM

View Postcliffhanger, on 05 February 2018 - 04:25 PM, said:

View Postwobgon, on 05 February 2018 - 04:14 PM, said:

Am I missing something here, or is this being blown a little out of proportion?   We have two threads about a problem with a retail exchange which when you think about it, pretty much falls under the category of life happens. Many different businesses give us many options on where to spend our money and where not to.....Maybe just me, but this just sounds like an everyday occurrence......Just my two cents......Glad PGA SS is taking care of you.
this thread was started to talk about good customer service and it got derailed by some guys. I honestly think that exceptional customer service gets overlooked and gets rarely acknowledged. Honestly I just wanted to say my peace and I think I have. As long as people want to discuss things Golftown related they should jump on the other thread. But I guess everyone has their own agenda. I'll say it again... the PGA SS is damn good in my books.

Wobgon, I just stumbled on this thread and the other today, but I think I have the gist so I'll help you out. This thread is for positives about PGASS, the other thread is for negatives about GolfTown. Any other input/ opinion is not really requested, and no discussion of grey area is welcome in either thread.
Driver: TaylorMade M2 ('16) 10.5į Matrix Speed Rulz C-Type Proto
Fairway: TM Aeroburner TP 15
į Diamana D+ 70 Limited
Hybrid: Callaway X2Hot Pro 18į Speeder HB 8.8
Hybrid: Adams Pro Mini 23į OG Matrix Ozik Altus
Irons: Srixon 545 5-pw Recoil 110
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 2.0 raw 48
į, 54į, 58į KBS 610 125
Putter: Tad Moore Pro 1S prototype oil can sight dot - in the bag
Putter: Scotty AOP Newport oil can sight dot
Putter: Piretti Bosa Proto raw

WITB: http://www.golfwrx.c...sh17s-new-witb/

19

#20 Arpeggi

Arpeggi

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140543
  • Joined: 09/30/2011
  • Ebay ID:android46and2
GolfWRX Likes : 1168

Posted 05 February 2018 - 04:43 PM

Did we really need 2 threads about this situation?

Current bag:
Callaway Rogue SZ Oban Kiyoshi Purple 6

Taylormade M4 Tour 15 GP Tour AD GP 6

Titleist 818H 19, 818H1 23 GD Tour AD-DI 85
Epon AF-705 5-AW
Vokey Wedgeworks SM7 Raw 54M, 58D

Scotty Cameron 009
ProV1

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 deadsolid...shank

deadsolid...shank

    Legend

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 10,745 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99408
  • Joined: 11/30/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 6891

Posted 05 February 2018 - 04:56 PM

View PostArpeggi, on 05 February 2018 - 04:43 PM, said:

Did we really need 2 threads about this situation?

Is that not enough? I could start another one!��
Titleist 910 8.5
Titleist 910 15*
Titleist 910H 17*
2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
SC GoLo
Vokey SM5 52,58,62

21

#22 cliffhanger

cliffhanger

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,480 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 133399
  • Joined: 07/18/2011
  • Location:spruce grove alberta
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 812

Posted 05 February 2018 - 05:13 PM

View PostGoIrish17, on 05 February 2018 - 04:37 PM, said:

View Postcliffhanger, on 05 February 2018 - 04:25 PM, said:

View Postwobgon, on 05 February 2018 - 04:14 PM, said:

Am I missing something here, or is this being blown a little out of proportion?   We have two threads about a problem with a retail exchange which when you think about it, pretty much falls under the category of life happens. Many different businesses give us many options on where to spend our money and where not to.....Maybe just me, but this just sounds like an everyday occurrence......Just my two cents......Glad PGA SS is taking care of you.
this thread was started to talk about good customer service and it got derailed by some guys. I honestly think that exceptional customer service gets overlooked and gets rarely acknowledged. Honestly I just wanted to say my peace and I think I have. As long as people want to discuss things Golftown related they should jump on the other thread. But I guess everyone has their own agenda. I'll say it again... the PGA SS is damn good in my books.

Wobgon, I just stumbled on this thread and the other today, but I think I have the gist so I'll help you out. This thread is for positives about PGASS, the other thread is for negatives about GolfTown. Any other input/ opinion is not really requested, and no discussion of grey area is welcome in either thread.
i love this... another reason to respond and keep the thread alive, at least your half right in your comments. And yes there are many positives to discuss regarding the PGA SS. Thanks for taking the time to read both threads, it is greatly appreciated man. Itís a good read IMHO. I am actually planning on a third thread where I add in the email from GTown and the audio from the phone call their manager made to me.
Titleist 917 D3 9.5 deg
Titleist 917 F3 15 deg
Taylormade 790 3 iron
Mizuno MP18 Blades 4-PW
Mizuno T7 50 and 54 deg wedges
Cameron Newport 3 @ 34 inch

22

#23 KBong

KBong

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 434478
  • Joined: 07/29/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 835

Posted 05 February 2018 - 05:52 PM

View Postwobgon, on 05 February 2018 - 04:14 PM, said:

Am I missing something here, or is this being blown a little out of proportion?   We have two threads about a problem with a retail exchange which when you think about it, pretty much falls under the category of life happens. Many different businesses give us many options on where to spend our money and where not to.....Maybe just me, but this just sounds like an everyday occurrence......Just my two cents......Glad PGA SS is taking care of you.
link to the other thread...I have not read it....thanks.

23

#24 KBong

KBong

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 434478
  • Joined: 07/29/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 835

Posted 05 February 2018 - 05:53 PM

View Postdeadsolid...shank, on 05 February 2018 - 04:56 PM, said:

View PostArpeggi, on 05 February 2018 - 04:43 PM, said:

Did we really need 2 threads about this situation?

Is that not enough? I could start another one!��
No....please start another thread.....let's see if we can rival the 1000's of separate Bandon Dunes threads. :taunt:

24

#25 KBong

KBong

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 434478
  • Joined: 07/29/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 835

Posted 05 February 2018 - 06:00 PM

View Postcliffhanger, on 05 February 2018 - 02:12 PM, said:

DeBoers, and a variety of well stocked pro shops. Plus I vacation a couple times a year in the US... so the PGA SS will be a place to visit.
If the PGA SS price drops below what it currently is I am still making the deal. It's a principle thing. What I received in an hour from the PGA SS... Golftown couldn't match in 6 days. By the time they contacted me I had already accepted what The PGA SS offered. And the manager at Golftown was anything but professional or courteous.
How much did your wife pay for the driver and what was Golftown willing to credit you for and what is the current price of the driver at the PGASS?

How was the GM not professional nor courteous?
Is this a new GM?


25

#26 rgk5

rgk5

    rgk5(OLB)

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,193 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3525
  • Joined: 07/28/2005
  • Location:Hamilton, Ontario. Edmond, Oklahoma
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 1138

Posted 05 February 2018 - 07:41 PM

View Postcliffhanger, on 05 February 2018 - 10:06 AM, said:

Hey guys, let's keep this thread focused more on good customer service. That was the point of separating the two. I do agree that life is too short,  that's why i was so frustrated after shopping with that company for over 15 years. And I would like to hear Their side of the story as well... but that would mean hearing the same story twice... maybe with some spice on top, but ultimately the same story.
Again I am super happy with the PGA SS... and that is now my focus.

After reading both threads my precis of the entire incident is a follows.

1. The OP had satisfactory service from GT for 15 years; a good two way relationship. I read nothing to indicate otherwise.

2. The solitary Cobra F7 driver incident was enough to throw GT under the bus because of alleged rude behaviour by a GM and both parties different interpretations of the return policy.

Is this summation fairly accurate?

All of the below clubs are ordered to replace my stolen set


Cobra F8+ 10.5*, Project X Even Flow Blue 65 R

Callaway Rogue 15* , Fuji Pro Green 62 R

Ping G400 hybrids 19*, 22*, Alta 70 R

Callaway Rogue Pro 5-pw, Recoil E760 R

Miura Custom 52*, Rogue 115 S

Ping Glide Stealth 58*, Alta 70 R

Cleveland TFI 8.0 Putter, 36"

Tour Velvet Grips


26

#27 cliffhanger

cliffhanger

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,480 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 133399
  • Joined: 07/18/2011
  • Location:spruce grove alberta
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 812

Posted 05 February 2018 - 09:07 PM

View PostKBong, on 05 February 2018 - 06:00 PM, said:

View Postcliffhanger, on 05 February 2018 - 02:12 PM, said:

DeBoers, and a variety of well stocked pro shops. Plus I vacation a couple times a year in the US... so the PGA SS will be a place to visit.
If the PGA SS price drops below what it currently is I am still making the deal. It's a principle thing. What I received in an hour from the PGA SS... Golftown couldn't match in 6 days. By the time they contacted me I had already accepted what The PGA SS offered. And the manager at Golftown was anything but professional or courteous.
How much did your wife pay for the driver and what was Golftown willing to credit you for and what is the current price of the driver at the PGASS?

How was the GM not professional nor courteous?
Is this a new GM?
ill speak of the PGA SS in this thread... the current price of the driver is 249.99 USD and thatís what I am being offered at the moment however I will get the price of the driver the day I walk in the store. I am fine with that.
Titleist 917 D3 9.5 deg
Titleist 917 F3 15 deg
Taylormade 790 3 iron
Mizuno MP18 Blades 4-PW
Mizuno T7 50 and 54 deg wedges
Cameron Newport 3 @ 34 inch

27

#28 cliffhanger

cliffhanger

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,480 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 133399
  • Joined: 07/18/2011
  • Location:spruce grove alberta
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 812

Posted 05 February 2018 - 09:10 PM

View Postrgk5, on 05 February 2018 - 07:41 PM, said:

View Postcliffhanger, on 05 February 2018 - 10:06 AM, said:

Hey guys, let's keep this thread focused more on good customer service. That was the point of separating the two. I do agree that life is too short,  that's why i was so frustrated after shopping with that company for over 15 years. And I would like to hear Their side of the story as well... but that would mean hearing the same story twice... maybe with some spice on top, but ultimately the same story.
Again I am super happy with the PGA SS... and that is now my focus.

After reading both threads my precis of the entire incident is a follows.

1. The OP had satisfactory service from GT for 15 years; a good two way relationship. I read nothing to indicate otherwise.

2. The solitary Cobra F7 driver incident was enough to throw GT under the bus because of alleged rude behaviour by a GM and both parties different interpretations of the return policy.

Is this summation fairly accurate?
your comment would be better placed in the other thread. However i will say that GTown threw themselves under the bus, both at the store and corporate levels
Titleist 917 D3 9.5 deg
Titleist 917 F3 15 deg
Taylormade 790 3 iron
Mizuno MP18 Blades 4-PW
Mizuno T7 50 and 54 deg wedges
Cameron Newport 3 @ 34 inch

28

#29 wobgon

wobgon

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,903 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 54137
  • Joined: 04/20/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 5031

Posted 05 February 2018 - 09:46 PM

After reading this thread and the Golftown thread, I was perusing thru the Post a pic of your latest purchase thread, and for a second,I thought i saw a post from the OP mentioning this in a third thread......Must be imagining things or maybe to much to drink....

29

#30 bthomps33

bthomps33

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 435682
  • Joined: 08/07/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 64

Posted 05 February 2018 - 09:50 PM

View Postcliffhanger, on 05 February 2018 - 09:07 PM, said:

]ill speak of the PGA SS in this thread... the current price of the driver is 249.99 USD and that's what I am being offered at the moment however I will get the price of the driver the day I walk in the store. I am fine with that.

Isn't that what Gtown offered? The current price of the club in the store at the time?


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors