Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Eligo Club? - 85 courses in US/Europe?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 schley

schley

Love ya don't tell ya enough!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 58583
  • Handicap:12.3
GolfWRX Likes : 264

Posted 04 February 2018 - 11:24 AM

Anyone know anything about it?  The website doesn't let you see which courses you have access or cost.  Screw them I'm not interested enough to give you all my contact info.

http://www.eligoclub.com/

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 gmoney

gmoney

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 888
GolfWRX Likes : 42

Posted 06 February 2018 - 07:53 PM

I’m actually an Eligo member and also belong to a private club.

They keep their clubs close to the vest as to not create a problem with their host clubs membership. I will tell you I have access to some great private tracks that without Eligo or and really connect Pro, I would not be able to play.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I’ll answer the ones I can or pm me if you want.

It’s not cheap but it has a lot of value.

Hope this helps

#3 golfsnake

golfsnake

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 350771
  • Handicap:20
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 07 February 2018 - 02:21 PM

How does it work? Do you have to be a member at somewhere private? Do you have to pay guest fees when you play or just an annual membership? thanks...
Hammer X 9* Driver
Custom Zolex Irons
Dr. Knockdown Wedges
Dr. Feelgood Zero Latitude Putter

#4 gmoney

gmoney

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:52 PM

You just pay an annual membership.  You do not have to be a member at a private club at all.  Eligo in essence becomes your private club. You then get access to all their courses.  You set up your round with their concierge, show up pay only cart or caddy fee for the most part.  A couple super high end you may pay $100+. You can bring guests if you like, you are just charged guest fees to your Eligo account as you would your home club. Guest fees are pretty reasonable, most around $100 +/-.
The clubs treat you like a member and really roll out the red carpet.  You are encouraged to stay for the day as you have access to the entire club, locker room, grille room, etc.

They also organize games weekdays for members at these clubs. Some two day events on weekends as well.  It's a lot of golf opportunities at places you would like to play but most times can't without a "hook"

#5 EastPhillyReppin

EastPhillyReppin

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 123026

Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:10 PM

Thousand Greens is close to the same deal and its FREE!!

#6 CDM

CDM

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46064
GolfWRX Likes : 413

Posted 08 February 2018 - 01:30 PM

View PostEastPhillyReppin, on 07 February 2018 - 04:10 PM, said:

Technically not the same as with Thousand Greens you need to be a member of a course.  As stated you don’t need to be part of a club with Elgio

#7 karlkaspian

karlkaspian

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 408526
GolfWRX Likes : 61

Posted 08 February 2018 - 04:35 PM

View PostChile Dip Master, on 08 February 2018 - 01:30 PM, said:

Technically not the same as with Thousand Greens you need to be a member of a course.  As stated you don’t need to be part of a club with Elgio

Also, with Thousand Greens, is it not the case you get access to those in your tier? In other words, you can only access other "similar" reputation courses. Good if you are at a top tier, less cool if you are in the fifth tier.

#8 raynorfan1

raynorfan1

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119065
GolfWRX Likes : 1624

Posted 08 February 2018 - 05:16 PM

View Postkarlkaspian, on 08 February 2018 - 04:35 PM, said:

View PostChile Dip Master, on 08 February 2018 - 01:30 PM, said:

Technically not the same as with Thousand Greens you need to be a member of a course.  As stated you donít need to be part of a club with Elgio

Also, with Thousand Greens, is it not the case you get access to those in your tier? In other words, you can only access other "similar" reputation courses. Good if you are at a top tier, less cool if you are in the fifth tier.

It will be interesting to see how the TG model evolves. As of now, youíre encouraged to offer rounds to players in lower tiers, but they canít request them. Iíd like to see a shift to where higher tiers are available but eat more ďrequest tokensĒ. A tier 5 guy shouldnít be able to just spam the tier 1 guys with requests - but if the tier 5 guy hosts a ton of TG members, they should have the opportunity to get a high quality round.

As far as the comparison to Eligo, I think most of the Eligo courses would be in the 4th or 3rd TG tiers. Really nice courses, but itís an interesting niche to operate in.

#9 trgolfer02

trgolfer02

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 467442
  • Handicap:1

Posted 08 February 2018 - 05:23 PM

I think the model will evolve over time and they will change access after seeing how it can improve. It becomes more attractive to the tier 1 members when they know that they are protected and will not be harassed for access.

#10 raynorfan1

raynorfan1

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2018 - 05:36 PM

View Posttrgolfer02, on 08 February 2018 - 05:23 PM, said:

I think the model will evolve over time and they will change access after seeing how it can improve. It becomes more attractive to the tier 1 members when they know that they are protected and will not be harassed for access.

Agree. Itís tricky to build the marketplace out initially, but they should be able to pivot to do some cool stuff once they build some trust among the membership. Honestly, I think most high-tier members would be pretty happy to host ďdeservingĒ (define that as you will) members from lower tiers.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#11 gmoney

gmoney

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2018 - 08:19 PM

So I read a little about thousand greens. It’s different in that I don’t need to have a host club member coordinate with me for a round and I don’t have to play with a member of that club, similar to buying a 3 some at a charity auction. And for the most part, I don’t have to pay for the round.

Also I can play alone, with another Eligo member,  bring guests/clients, or play in the weekly game. A little less restrictive for sure.

It’s not for everyone, but if you like playing a variety of high end private clubs rather than your home 18 a few days a week then it may make sense.

I think moving forward, business models like this will become the norm. Car manufacturers are doing it with monthly car leases for people that don’t want to get caught up in long term agreements, this is a similar model.

Jmho

#12 gmoney

gmoney

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2018 - 08:29 PM

Also, most of the courses you have access to can be played multiple times in a year, some as many as 12 times....

#13 schley

schley

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2018 - 03:39 AM

With Eligo.... are any top 100 courses included in their list?  How about the European clubs?

#14 raynorfan1

raynorfan1

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2018 - 05:13 AM

View Postgmoney, on 08 February 2018 - 08:19 PM, said:

So I read a little about thousand greens. Itís different in that I donít need to have a host club member coordinate with me for a round and I donít have to play with a member of that club, similar to buying a 3 some at a charity auction. And for the most part, I donít have to pay for the round.

Also I can play alone, with another Eligo member,  bring guests/clients, or play in the weekly game. A little less restrictive for sure.

Itís not for everyone, but if you like playing a variety of high end private clubs rather than your home 18 a few days a week then it may make sense.

I think moving forward, business models like this will become the norm. Car manufacturers are doing it with monthly car leases for people that donít want to get caught up in long term agreements, this is a similar model.

It definitely scratches a different itch than Thousand Greens.

The model will definitely work well for some people. It will be interesting to see how sustainable it is through economic ups and downs - I can imagine that there are many ďbubbleĒ clubs that would happily take the money when times are tight, then get stingy when things are good again.

#15 gmoney

gmoney

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2018 - 11:50 AM

View Postraynorfan1, on 09 February 2018 - 05:13 AM, said:

View Postgmoney, on 08 February 2018 - 08:19 PM, said:

So I read a little about thousand greens. It's different in that I don't need to have a host club member coordinate with me for a round and I don't have to play with a member of that club, similar to buying a 3 some at a charity auction. And for the most part, I don't have to pay for the round.

It's not for everyone, but if you like playing a variety of high end private clubs rather than your home 18 a few days a week then it may make sense.

I think moving forward, business models like this will become the norm. Car manufacturers are doing it with monthly car leases for people that don't want to get caught up in long term agreements, this is a similar model.

It definitely scratches a different itch than Thousand Greens.

The model will definitely work well for some people. It will be interesting to see how sustainable it is through economic ups and downs - I can imagine that there are many "bubble" clubs that would happily take the money when times are tight, then get stingy when things are good again.

I completely agree..^^^

The model is aimed at the guy that already belongs to a club but may only play once a week if that. That member would leave their existing 18 hole club and join Eligo with the Eligo membership making him a member at about 20 clubs just in his area if that makes sense..

Access to private Florida clubs for the winter is a nice option as well.

#16 EastPhillyReppin

EastPhillyReppin

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 123026

Posted 10 February 2018 - 05:59 PM

View Postraynorfan1, on 08 February 2018 - 05:36 PM, said:

Agree. It's tricky to build the marketplace out initially, but they should be able to pivot to do some cool stuff once they build some trust among the membership. Honestly, I think most high-tier members would be pretty happy to host "deserving" (define that as you will) members from lower tiers.
I agree at the higher tier members would more than likely enjoy hosting lower tier members and they are able to do so by listing that in the "offers" section.

#17 raynorfan1

raynorfan1

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2018 - 06:23 PM

View PostEastPhillyReppin, on 10 February 2018 - 05:59 PM, said:

View Postraynorfan1, on 08 February 2018 - 05:36 PM, said:

Agree. It's tricky to build the marketplace out initially, but they should be able to pivot to do some cool stuff once they build some trust among the membership. Honestly, I think most high-tier members would be pretty happy to host "deserving" (define that as you will) members from lower tiers.
I agree at the higher tier members would more than likely enjoy hosting lower tier members and they are able to do so by listing that in the "offers" section.

Totally; the question is just once the model scales up a bit, how does the Tier 1 member manage the inflow of requests? Right now, the community is small enough that itís not a big deal - but itís going to get more complicated.

#18 bnr204

bnr204

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16460
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 15 May 2018 - 11:37 PM

eligo has a very good course list but there are time and times per year restrictions on a number of the clubs. for example i can tell you for a fact that private clubs in greater NYC area that have hosted pga tour events in past 30 years are on eligo, but you can only play them during the week, or on a weekend afternoon, and even such, only 1x a month. and eligo is something like 12k annually, at min its 10k a year, max 15k a year. nevertheless, you'd have to get 50 rounds in annually at minimum to really make it worth your while financially.

#19 schley

schley

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:30 AM

View Postbnr204, on 15 May 2018 - 11:37 PM, said:

eligo has a very good course list but there are time and times per year restrictions on a number of the clubs. for example i can tell you for a fact that private clubs in greater NYC area that have hosted pga tour events in past 30 years are on eligo, but you can only play them during the week, or on a weekend afternoon, and even such, only 1x a month. and eligo is something like 12k annually, at min its 10k a year, max 15k a year. nevertheless, you'd have to get 50 rounds in annually at minimum to really make it worth your while financially.

Pretty pricy indeed.  There are numerous sites with similar services in some form.

Thousandgreens
Outpost
The Eighty Club
boxgroove

There is a market out there or there wouldn't be so many outlets. Will they survive is the question.

#20 bnr204

bnr204

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16460
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:59 PM

outpost is nearly as expensive as eligo and harder to join. 80club / friars GC at a far lower price level, but higher than thousand ggreens and boxgroove.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors