Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 1 votes

Single Length Updates (post'em up!)


81 replies to this topic

#61 MountainGoat

MountainGoat

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450210
  • Joined: 12/30/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 486

Posted 10 February 2018 - 07:23 PM

View PostQuickface, on 10 February 2018 - 02:43 PM, said:

View PostMountainGoat, on 09 February 2018 - 04:51 PM, said:

View Postcrohrs, on 01 February 2018 - 08:11 PM, said:

Question for those who play single length...what is your shortest club at that length? And then is your next club a traditional length? So if your PW is at the single length, your gap or sand wedge is standard for those clubs?

I carry 4-GW.  My SW is traditional length.  Gapping is a non-issue, because I can chip, pitch, and hit 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and full swings with each club.  IMHO, that's the magic of SL.

As I need to buy a Gap Wedge, I am trying to figure out if I should order the matching SL or to go for a complete set of Traditional wedges such as the Cobra PŪR? I had similar thought to you to go for the 4-GW in SL and perhaps SW-LW in variable to allow for easier bunker and around the Green? You think that is the best combo?

I thought a traditional length GW would drive the SL GW out of the bag, but it didn't happen.  I'm pretty happy with the SL GW.  The only traditional length iron I have in the bag is the SW, which I want because of the particular sole grind.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#62 Snowman9000

Snowman9000

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 107588
  • Joined: 05/08/2010
  • Location:North central IL
  • Handicap:9.9
GolfWRX Likes : 149

Posted 11 February 2018 - 10:17 AM

View PostMountainGoat, on 10 February 2018 - 07:23 PM, said:




I thought a traditional length GW would drive the SL GW out of the bag, but it didn't happen.  I'm pretty happy with the SL GW.  The only traditional length iron I have in the bag is the SW, which I want because of the particular sole grind.

You could look into have a good clubmaker drill some holes in a spare one, get the weight down, and shaft it to match your SL set.  I made my own SL set from non SL heads, doing just that.

2

#63 Rich Douglas

Rich Douglas

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 297457
  • Joined: 02/17/2014
GolfWRX Likes : 72

Posted 11 February 2018 - 11:46 PM

View PostSardo, on 07 February 2018 - 05:31 AM, said:


I am seriously studying the possibility of expanding my Sterling with the new "traditional shape" wedges (55 and 60). At the begining I thought that I would be getter with my traditional wedges (Cleveland Rotex 3.0) that I like very much but after a month with the Sterling, I am very happy with the Gap Wedge and start feeling ackward with the traditional wedges...

I never developed a discomfort for the SW and LW, but I recently purchased the Sterling SW and LW. The jury is still out, but I'm favorably impressed because

-- Taking full swings with these is EXACTLY like all the other irons in the set. They're about 5 yards longer than my traditional SW and LW.
-- Chipping and pitching around the green is extremely flexible. You can do it full-length (and you'll be more upright) or by choking down on the club. Both work.

I'm still concerned because:

-- Opening up the club face to hit lobs or out of bunkers looks weird. It looks like I'm trying to hit an 8-iron opened up (natch). But the loft does the work here, not the lie angle.
-- Still not sure about hitting bunker shots holding the club at the end or by choking down. More practice here.

Other observations:

-- The clubs seemed longer, but they also launch much higher.
-- It's kind of cool to have a lob wedge and a 4-iron the same length.
Driver: Titleist 917 D3 (Aldila Rogue MAX 65)
3W: TM RBZ
Ping G Crossover 3
Irons: Wishon Sterling 4I-GW
Wedges: Callaway Mack Daddy SW & LW
Putter: Happy (Mallet)
Ball: Snell MTB

3

#64 Rich Douglas

Rich Douglas

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 297457
  • Joined: 02/17/2014
GolfWRX Likes : 72

Posted 11 February 2018 - 11:53 PM

View Postcrohrs, on 01 February 2018 - 08:11 PM, said:

Question for those who play single length...what is your shortest club at that length? And then is your next club a traditional length? So if your PW is at the single length, your gap or sand wedge is standard for those clubs?

I'm now 4-iron through Lob Wedge. For a year I retained traditional SW and LW clubs. I'm now going to see if the Sterlings will be okay (or better).
Driver: Titleist 917 D3 (Aldila Rogue MAX 65)
3W: TM RBZ
Ping G Crossover 3
Irons: Wishon Sterling 4I-GW
Wedges: Callaway Mack Daddy SW & LW
Putter: Happy (Mallet)
Ball: Snell MTB

4

#65 Techgolfer1

Techgolfer1

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 162287
  • Joined: 02/11/2012
  • Ebay ID:twoupgolf
GolfWRX Likes : 154

Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:14 AM

I went for an Edel putter and wedge fitting with Scott Sikorski in Crossville, TN. I had played an Edel Henry Griffits model in college. In fact I played it for 6 years and still have it. I was pretty set with my ping i200 but he fit me to the Edel SLS-01. There was no track man but a pretty flat range. I have the good fortune of having Edels #1 fitter in the world within 2 hours most of the year. He goes to Florida in the winter to fit and teach.

I’m a plus 1, 36 and played in college. I’ve been as low as a plus 5 and have played in the US Mid am for all that it’s worth.

I was really hitting it well during my fitting. Striping pings and striping the edels. I felt that I was clearly hitting the edels as good or better. The way the club moved through the turf and the way the edels felt were superior. I was hitting them at least as far or further to the naked eye. I could tell that I was hitting the center of each club better as well.

I am amazed that as we went through the fitting he could go from 2-16g in the club head and how much just 2g made a huge difference. Scott had regular Pure grips on the fitting shafts. This would be a problem later for me as I went through the Wright balance fitting with the same guy and it was determined I needed a jumbo grip. Golf Pride Tour Velvet jumbo to be precise. I hit them nowhere near as well when I got them. Naturally I was a little upset. Some of it was me but they just weren’t flying right. Distances I was used to hitting clubs were not turning out and the lofts coincidentally were nearly the same stock as ping, so I know about how far I should hit the clubs. To Scott and Edel’s credit he helped me all the way.

All of the heads had 8g weights in them when I pulled them out. Edel sent me a 10, 12g and 14g to hit. Luckily my buddy has a flight scope. I hit each club 4x with each weight and settled on needing 12g weights. I guess it’s cause of the grip differences from fitting to what I actually use? Anyways my suggestion is that if you have a major difference in grips from what the fitter has with these, you need to have the same grip when you get fit. Just pay the money and put it on the right shaft or whatever you’ve gotta do during the fitting. You can get fit and the shaft won’t make a difference but you need to go back and have you grip on the shaft if the weighting of the grips are drastically different to make sure you order the irons with the proper weights in the heads. These single lengths more than anything perform well at a perfect weight and head weight for you.

I’ve been through a lot of iron fittings. Most are hit the 6 or 7 and get fit to that and there you go. With Edel you get fit for the 4, 6, 8, p, gap, sand and lob if your bag goes that far. It’s amazing and the most comprehensive I’ve been through.

I ordered these irons around September. It took me a while to realize something was off and then we got down to business and Edel got em right. It started cropping up on windy days when I could most notice. It was simply the weight in the head needed to be a little heavier I guess. My gaps were bad originally with the 8g weights on flight scope. After putting in the 10g I noticed a huge difference but the gaps didn’t change a ton. After putting in the 12g it just felt great. When I looked at the gaps they were all around 10-12 yard gaps. I was amazed and the feel was just unreal. I hit indoors with my Taylormade TP5 ball. What’s amazing is when I put in the 14g it felt like the clubs weighed a ton. I had trouble hitting them. Again I hit 4-p with every weight 4x each and threw out the bad. Yeah I hit a few shots that day!

I also originally hit the ping i-200s against the edels with the 8g original weights  and the gaps weren’t great on those either. Before I talked with Scott I was sitting there like neither of these sets are gonna work.

So all that said, I have all 12g weights in the clubs. I have about 5 rounds in and I can say these are the most dialed in irons I’ve ever had. I feel like a tour pro with how confident I am in how dialed in these are. It’s not a big adjustment for me honestly even though I never had single lengths before. I can easily go back to regular length. The long irons are stupid easy to hit. The pitching wedge was a little strange at first as it was so long but I’m good now. Just put them all in the same place in my stance, point and shoot. I have to 50, 55 and 60 in hand ground and love them too.

These irons work I feel because of the weighting options and the Paderson shafts. I’ve not hit the other manufacturer sets but I just can’t imagine they’d even be close to holding these things jock straps or look as good at address or in the bag. I paid a little over $1700 for these but with the level of customization, the tour level fitting and the customer service when they weren’t quite performing as I knew they should and did during the fitting. It was easily money well spent. With the quality of the shaft I’d say most manufacturers would be at that level anyways in price. I had steel fibers in my pings and they are like $40 per club up charge.

Edel wasn’t responsible for the clubs being off. I was fit to a certain head weight during fitting and they came that way. What I should’ve done was come back and had him put on a jumbo grip to hit and re check. All in all it was a fun process to get em right now that I look back at things.

Anyone looking at single length shouldn’t go through it without trying the Edels and  they should travel from wherever to get fit by Scott, because he’s very knowledgeable and wants it to be right. You must be fit for these types of clubs in my opinion or they’re not going to perform properly whether it be Edel or another manufacturer.

Edited by Techgolfer1, 12 February 2018 - 03:27 PM.

I change too much to list it. Working on that...

5

#66 SwingBlues

SwingBlues

    We are the Old Dark Navy Blues

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 44148
  • Joined: 12/18/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 423

Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:41 AM

Great writeup techgolfer1, thanks :)

Unfortunately, I cannot afford the Edels so I am happy with my F8 and make do with what is really, a great set of irons. I think it would have been nice to experience the difference in the swing with the various weight, sounds like a classy, professional fitting. Enjoy your clubs :drinks:
Gamer: Callaway Epic GBB, 8* draw bias, Fujikura Limited Edition 17/150 "Masters" ATMOS 6X, finished length 44.25"

Mizuno FliHI 2 iron bent 1* strong, C-Taper Lite stiff shaft
Taylormade UDI 2 iron, 18* KBS C-Taper Lite stiff shaft

Cobra F8 One Length irons 4 to PW, KBS Tour V
Cleveland RTX 3.0 Cavity Back 50* and 52* wedges
Nike Engage Toe Sweep 56* wedge
Directed Force  Reno 2.0 Putter 34"


Ball: who knows...
Swing: PPGS, a Surgite !!!

6

#67 dazc1969

dazc1969

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 269514
  • Joined: 08/09/2013
  • Location:united kingdom
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:01 PM

So im a f7 one guy currently and really enjoying SL. Does anyone have a comparison between the f7 and the forged one ? I'm a fairly ok ball striker and i do miss a forged smaller head. Shot 13over par yesterday and that's with 36 putts!
Could I game the forged ?

7

#68 SwingBlues

SwingBlues

    We are the Old Dark Navy Blues

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 44148
  • Joined: 12/18/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 423

Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:18 PM

View Postdazc1969, on 13 February 2018 - 03:01 PM, said:

So im a f7 one guy currently and really enjoying SL. Does anyone have a comparison between the f7 and the forged one ? I'm a fairly ok ball striker and i do miss a forged smaller head. Shot 13over par yesterday and that's with 36 putts!
Could I game the forged ?

I don't see why not. I didn't differentiate too much between the F7 OL and the Forged One when I was testing. The only difference is the shaft, I think the Forged one comes with the KBS FLT flighted shafts. Spec wise, there is also some slight difference in the loft of the irons between the 2 series with the Forged one being about a 1* higher loft in the same equivalent irons.

Now, to me, I liked them both. The forged wasn't that much of big advantage to me, imho, other than say "I have a forged iron". I play the 2013 Anser Forged and the Forged one was not "softer" than the Ansers and certainly nothing like the legendary Mizuno forged irons. In the end, I went with the F8 just because I like the stronger lofts more (I am a very high ball hitter) and better technology with the Pwrshell and changes in the head design from the F7. And to be honest, it was only about $170 more than I could get a used F7 set, or forged one set.

Try them yourself at some box store. Otherwise, pick up a set cheap on the bay and then decide which one you like. Otherwise, hang around for the Forged Tec one lengths :)

Edited by SwingBlues, 13 February 2018 - 05:18 PM.

Gamer: Callaway Epic GBB, 8* draw bias, Fujikura Limited Edition 17/150 "Masters" ATMOS 6X, finished length 44.25"

Mizuno FliHI 2 iron bent 1* strong, C-Taper Lite stiff shaft
Taylormade UDI 2 iron, 18* KBS C-Taper Lite stiff shaft

Cobra F8 One Length irons 4 to PW, KBS Tour V
Cleveland RTX 3.0 Cavity Back 50* and 52* wedges
Nike Engage Toe Sweep 56* wedge
Directed Force  Reno 2.0 Putter 34"


Ball: who knows...
Swing: PPGS, a Surgite !!!

8

#69 9woodfan

9woodfan

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124629
  • Joined: 03/15/2011
  • Location:Canada
  • Ebay ID:bordercop41
GolfWRX Likes : 328

Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:21 PM

Just watched Peter Finch's WITB video for 2018 and his Cobra Forged Ones stuck around for another season. Pretty impressive in it's own right... The YouTube guys like to switch often but he said they help with his iron consistency and that's what he wants. I tend to agree!

Bag: PING Hoofer Camo
Driver: PING G30 11* SF Tec

Mini-Driver: PING Rapture 13*

Wood: PING K15 22*

Hybrids: Adams Dhy 24* & 27*

Irons: Wishon Sterling SL 6-SW
Wedges: PING Glide 58*
Putter: PING Karsten TR Anser #5
Work done by Dan's Custom Golf


9

#70 OsnolaKinnard

OsnolaKinnard

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 442454
  • Joined: 10/04/2016
  • Location:Texas
  • Handicap:10
  • Ebay ID:osnolakinnardb
GolfWRX Likes : 175

Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:18 PM

View Post9woodfan, on 13 February 2018 - 05:21 PM, said:

Just watched Peter Finch's WITB video for 2018 and his Cobra Forged Ones stuck around for another season. Pretty impressive in it's own right... The YouTube guys like to switch often but he said they help with his iron consistency and that's what he wants. I tend to agree!

I don't know why...but after about 45 seconds I have an overwhelming desire to punch Peter Finch in the face.

The Cobra OL forged are sexy irons.

LAWS of golf + Whippy Tempomaster = CRUSHING IT

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#71 Mcgeeno

Mcgeeno

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 144643
  • Joined: 10/30/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 701

Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:47 PM

Finch just had a nice 3 day tourney showing in another thread and beat Shiels by 30 shots I think.

Single Length FTW!

11

#72 OsnolaKinnard

OsnolaKinnard

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 442454
  • Joined: 10/04/2016
  • Location:Texas
  • Handicap:10
  • Ebay ID:osnolakinnardb
GolfWRX Likes : 175

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:07 PM

Tomorrow I the day...Edel Golf SLS01 getting ordered.
LAWS of golf + Whippy Tempomaster = CRUSHING IT

12

#73 dazc1969

dazc1969

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 269514
  • Joined: 08/09/2013
  • Location:united kingdom
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:30 PM

View PostSwingBlues, on 13 February 2018 - 05:18 PM, said:

View Postdazc1969, on 13 February 2018 - 03:01 PM, said:

So im a f7 one guy currently and really enjoying SL. Does anyone have a comparison between the f7 and the forged one ? I'm a fairly ok ball striker and i do miss a forged smaller head. Shot 13over par yesterday and that's with 36 putts!
Could I game the forged ?

I don't see why not. I didn't differentiate too much between the F7 OL and the Forged One when I was testing. The only difference is the shaft, I think the Forged one comes with the KBS FLT flighted shafts. Spec wise, there is also some slight difference in the loft of the irons between the 2 series with the Forged one being about a 1* higher loft in the same equivalent irons.

Now, to me, I liked them both. The forged wasn't that much of big advantage to me, imho, other than say "I have a forged iron". I play the 2013 Anser Forged and the Forged one was not "softer" than the Ansers and certainly nothing like the legendary Mizuno forged irons. In the end, I went with the F8 just because I like the stronger lofts more (I am a very high ball hitter) and better technology with the Pwrshell and changes in the head design from the F7. And to be honest, it was only about $170 more than I could get a used F7 set, or forged one set.

Try them yourself at some box store. Otherwise, pick up a set cheap on the bay and then decide which one you like. Otherwise, hang around for the Forged Tec one lengths :)
Swingblues thanks for the reply and advice. I've got  a  bay set on the way now so I'll see how each perform. May even keep both and have me a combo set.

13

#74 SwingBlues

SwingBlues

    We are the Old Dark Navy Blues

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 44148
  • Joined: 12/18/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 423

Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:22 PM

@dazc1969 nice! love to hear your thoughts between the F7 and Forged Ones.
Gamer: Callaway Epic GBB, 8* draw bias, Fujikura Limited Edition 17/150 "Masters" ATMOS 6X, finished length 44.25"

Mizuno FliHI 2 iron bent 1* strong, C-Taper Lite stiff shaft
Taylormade UDI 2 iron, 18* KBS C-Taper Lite stiff shaft

Cobra F8 One Length irons 4 to PW, KBS Tour V
Cleveland RTX 3.0 Cavity Back 50* and 52* wedges
Nike Engage Toe Sweep 56* wedge
Directed Force  Reno 2.0 Putter 34"


Ball: who knows...
Swing: PPGS, a Surgite !!!

14

#75 OsnolaKinnard

OsnolaKinnard

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 442454
  • Joined: 10/04/2016
  • Location:Texas
  • Handicap:10
  • Ebay ID:osnolakinnardb
GolfWRX Likes : 175

Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:30 PM

Edel SLS-01 Irons ordered just now.  Now the waiting begins.

My fitter/salesman advised me to wait on getting the 5 iron, so I ordered 6-GW.  37.5" long, 64* lie angle, 274g head weight, Lamkin Midsize 58g grip.  I got some minor custom paint-fill. Blue paint fill on the 6-7 iron, white paint-fill on the 8-9 iron and red paint-fill on the PW-GW.

Will post pics of 'unboxing' and what not as soon as I get them in my hands.

LAWS of golf + Whippy Tempomaster = CRUSHING IT

15

#76 SwingBlues

SwingBlues

    We are the Old Dark Navy Blues

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 44148
  • Joined: 12/18/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 423

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:08 PM

View PostOsnolaKinnard, on 14 February 2018 - 04:30 PM, said:

Edel SLS-01 Irons ordered just now.  Now the waiting begins.

My fitter/salesman advised me to wait on getting the 5 iron, so I ordered 6-GW.  37.5" long, 64* lie angle, 274g head weight, Lamkin Midsize 58g grip.  I got some minor custom paint-fill. Blue paint fill on the 6-7 iron, white paint-fill on the 8-9 iron and red paint-fill on the PW-GW.

Will post pics of 'unboxing' and what not as soon as I get them in my hands.

Same lie angle throughout the whole set, huh? Did you fit with this on all the irons or just one?

One thing I did start taking notice was the lie difference between my 4 iron and 8 iron and PW. Not sure if the changes are effecting me good or bad since I do not have enough time on it. Still just wrapping my mind around a 5 iron in 7 iron length. Lots of things to "adjust to"
Gamer: Callaway Epic GBB, 8* draw bias, Fujikura Limited Edition 17/150 "Masters" ATMOS 6X, finished length 44.25"

Mizuno FliHI 2 iron bent 1* strong, C-Taper Lite stiff shaft
Taylormade UDI 2 iron, 18* KBS C-Taper Lite stiff shaft

Cobra F8 One Length irons 4 to PW, KBS Tour V
Cleveland RTX 3.0 Cavity Back 50* and 52* wedges
Nike Engage Toe Sweep 56* wedge
Directed Force  Reno 2.0 Putter 34"


Ball: who knows...
Swing: PPGS, a Surgite !!!

16

#77 Techgolfer1

Techgolfer1

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 162287
  • Joined: 02/11/2012
  • Ebay ID:twoupgolf
GolfWRX Likes : 154

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:11 PM

View PostSwingBlues, on 14 February 2018 - 06:08 PM, said:

View PostOsnolaKinnard, on 14 February 2018 - 04:30 PM, said:

Edel SLS-01 Irons ordered just now.  Now the waiting begins.

My fitter/salesman advised me to wait on getting the 5 iron, so I ordered 6-GW.  37.5" long, 64* lie angle, 274g head weight, Lamkin Midsize 58g grip.  I got some minor custom paint-fill. Blue paint fill on the 6-7 iron, white paint-fill on the 8-9 iron and red paint-fill on the PW-GW.

Will post pics of 'unboxing' and what not as soon as I get them in my hands.

Same lie angle throughout the whole set, huh? Did you fit with this on all the irons or just one?

One thing I did start taking notice was the lie difference between my 4 iron and 8 iron and PW. Not sure if the changes are effecting me good or bad since I do not have enough time on it. Still just wrapping my mind around a 5 iron in 7 iron length. Lots of things to "adjust to"

In the fitting edel fits you for 4,6,8 and P as well as gap and sand if you want. So basically you’re fit individually for every other club in the set. Lie angles should be the same as well as head weight cause the lengths and shafts are the same for every club in the set.
I change too much to list it. Working on that...

17

#78 SwingBlues

SwingBlues

    We are the Old Dark Navy Blues

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 44148
  • Joined: 12/18/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 423

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:22 PM

interesting, thanks techgolfer1 :)
Gamer: Callaway Epic GBB, 8* draw bias, Fujikura Limited Edition 17/150 "Masters" ATMOS 6X, finished length 44.25"

Mizuno FliHI 2 iron bent 1* strong, C-Taper Lite stiff shaft
Taylormade UDI 2 iron, 18* KBS C-Taper Lite stiff shaft

Cobra F8 One Length irons 4 to PW, KBS Tour V
Cleveland RTX 3.0 Cavity Back 50* and 52* wedges
Nike Engage Toe Sweep 56* wedge
Directed Force  Reno 2.0 Putter 34"


Ball: who knows...
Swing: PPGS, a Surgite !!!

18

#79 dazc1969

dazc1969

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 269514
  • Joined: 08/09/2013
  • Location:united kingdom
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:23 PM

View PostSwingBlues, on 14 February 2018 - 04:22 PM, said:

@dazc1969 nice! love to hear your thoughts between the F7 and Forged Ones.
I will update you on my trials, hopefully the  forged turn up tommorow and I can go test this weekend ..

Watch this space.

19

#80 Mych

Mych

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 184224
  • Joined: 06/03/2012
  • Location:SE Houston/Galv
  • Ebay ID:mychaluva
GolfWRX Likes : 554

Posted 15 February 2018 - 11:53 PM

So what is the advice if I'm hitting every every club better than the 7i, which should be the most normal? Lol

I've hit a few head scratchers with my 7. I hit the other clubs fine. I think I may be losing focus since I'm swinging the "normal" club.

Edited by Mych, Yesterday, 02:07 AM.

"Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead

Mizuno JPX EZ (2016)
Cobra BioCell Plus 3-4W (14.5*)
Cobra BioCell 2-3H (16.5)
Mizuno JPX Fli Hi 19* 3H
Cobra Forged One Length 4-P
Mizuno JPX 50, 56
Odyssey Protype #9

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#81 Mcgeeno

Mcgeeno

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 144643
  • Joined: 10/30/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 701

Posted Yesterday, 04:55 AM

Time and practice to dial it in.

If you search through some SL threads I assure you that you are not alone.

The long irons felt like cheating to me, short irons were the adjustment.

I know my worst swings came from trying to mentally fix a gap and power a certain club a certain yardage. Now Im 90-91 mph with every SL club and all the lofts and lies are now matched perfectly.


21

#82 MountainGoat

MountainGoat

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450210
  • Joined: 12/30/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 486

Posted Yesterday, 06:23 AM

View PostMcgeeno, on 16 February 2018 - 04:55 AM, said:

Time and practice to dial it in.

If you search through some SL threads I assure you that you are not alone.

The long irons felt like cheating to me, short irons were the adjustment.

I know my worst swings came from trying to mentally "fix a gap" and power a certain club a certain yardage. Now I'm 90-91 mph with every SL club and all the lofts and lies are now matched perfectly.

Yes, this is pretty much my experience, as well.  To the extent there was an adjustment, it was with the short irons, not the long irons.  My swing speed with irons is also around 90, so the gaps are pretty manageable.  One thing I had to monitor is to make sure that I wasn't swinging the long irons harder than the short irons.  It's just natural to swing harder when the target is farther away, but it's the wrong choice.

Actually, I said that backwards.  The real problem was that I was under-swinging my short irons and not swinging hard enough.  It's mentally hard to put a 7-iron swing on a GW.

Edited by MountainGoat, Today, 06:30 AM.


22



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors