Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 4 votes

Single Length Updates (post'em up!)


1146 replies to this topic

#1081 Playthru

Playthru

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 515690
  • Joined: 11/04/2018
  • Location:St.louis mo
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 06 January 2019 - 07:03 PM

I have a new question on the F8s one length that I ordered as I ordered them with nippon 105 pro instead of the stock shaft.i hope that shaft does not change the characteristics of the one length to perform the way they were designed.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#1082 Mr. Grumpy

Mr. Grumpy

    Go CUBS!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140787
  • Joined: 10/02/2011
  • Location:Franklin, TN
GolfWRX Likes : 733

Posted 06 January 2019 - 07:11 PM

View PostPlaythru, on 06 January 2019 - 07:03 PM, said:

I have a new question on the F8s one length that I ordered as I ordered them with nippon 105 pro instead of the stock shaft.i hope that shaft does not change the characteristics of the one length to perform the way they were designed.

I have the F7 with 105's and they work great.. Great shaft and given the options I highly doubt that the shaft offerings will cause any performance loss to the one length design.

2

#1083 g-off

g-off

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139544
  • Joined: 09/20/2011
  • Handicap:16.9
GolfWRX Likes : 61

Posted 06 January 2019 - 07:43 PM

32.5 wrist to floor, I found the 37" a better fit for me force me to stand more upright, for whatever reason at 36.5 I hunch over makes no sense to me but it works for me.
fusion 10.5

fusion 5 wood

gbb divine 9

edel sls 01 5-g

hogan tk 56

seemore si2w

always hoing the next best thing

3

#1084 Rohlio

Rohlio

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,160 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69345
  • Joined: 11/16/2008
  • Location:Phoenix, AZ
GolfWRX Likes : 445

Posted 06 January 2019 - 09:24 PM

View PostPlaythru, on 06 January 2019 - 07:03 PM, said:

I have a new question on the F8s one length that I ordered as I ordered them with nippon 105 pro instead of the stock shaft.i hope that shaft does not change the characteristics of the one length to perform the way they were designed.

You will be just fine... They made me a set of forged one length with Ctaper lite and they are fantastic.

4

#1085 sdedalus23

sdedalus23

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 53474
  • Joined: 04/12/2008
  • Location:Boston
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 06 January 2019 - 09:31 PM

Anyone with edels have their average gapping numbers over the course of a season? I'm still interested, but even trying them is an expensive experiment.


5

#1086 wkndhack

wkndhack

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 425792
  • Joined: 05/19/2016
  • Location:New England
GolfWRX Likes : 380

Posted 07 January 2019 - 09:50 AM

So my main bag is now set with the FTB Ones and the King Utility OL.

I usually keep a second bag at a family vacation spot that we use on summer weekends. Right now, that bag is filled with my VL clubs. Thinking about buying 4-6 iron in F8 or F9 OL clubs and having a combo set. Trying to save money over shelling out for another complete OL set.
Cobra King F7+ Evenflow Black 65 6.0
Cobra King F7 3W Oban Isawa Red 75-04
Cobra King F6 Baffler Aldila Tour Blue 85S
Cobra King Utility ONE 21.5 C Taper Lite 110S
Cobra King Forged Tec Black ONE 5-GW C Taper Lite 110S
Cobra King Pur 54V, 58V DG S200
Bettinardi QB8
Srixon Q-Star Tour

6

#1087 MountainGoat

MountainGoat

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450210
  • Joined: 12/30/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 1247

Posted 07 January 2019 - 11:06 AM

For any of you that have been thru an Edel fitting -- do they have any ability to change grip type and size?

7

#1088 g-off

g-off

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139544
  • Joined: 09/20/2011
  • Handicap:16.9
GolfWRX Likes : 61

Posted 07 January 2019 - 12:53 PM

goat, if I recall all the shafts were the same basically a tour velvet, my recollection at best
fusion 10.5

fusion 5 wood

gbb divine 9

edel sls 01 5-g

hogan tk 56

seemore si2w

always hoing the next best thing

8

#1089 OsnolaKinnard

OsnolaKinnard

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 442454
  • Joined: 10/04/2016
  • Location:Texas
  • Handicap:10
  • Ebay ID:osnolakinnardb
GolfWRX Likes : 302

Posted 07 January 2019 - 06:37 PM

View PostMountainGoat, on 07 January 2019 - 11:06 AM, said:

For any of you that have been thru an Edel fitting -- do they have any ability to change grip type and size?

They can and will do anything you want. It may take them some time to get the grips for you, but they can and will do it.
LAWS of golf + Whippy Tempomaster = CRUSHING IT

9

#1090 OsnolaKinnard

OsnolaKinnard

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 442454
  • Joined: 10/04/2016
  • Location:Texas
  • Handicap:10
  • Ebay ID:osnolakinnardb
GolfWRX Likes : 302

Posted 07 January 2019 - 06:42 PM

View Postsdedalus23, on 06 January 2019 - 09:31 PM, said:

Anyone with edels have their average gapping numbers over the course of a season? I'm still interested, but even trying them is an expensive experiment.

I don't have my average gapping numbers charted or anything like that, but I carry 5-GW.

I hit my irons in this range:

5 iron 175-185
6 iron 165-175
7 iron 150-160
8 iron 135-150
9 iron 120-135
PW 110-120
GW 100-110.

I have a little bit of a gap between my 6 and 7 iron...I just cannot step on a 7 iron to get it to 165 with any degree of consistency...and honestly, I ignore it.  I'm not good enough to worry about that.

Also, these are just my normal swings in the 85-90% range.  That is where I stay in control and get consistent distance and direction.  Any softer...bad things...any harder...bad things.  The exception to that is hitting 3/4 and 1/2 shots with the PW and GW...I can hit a dandy from 50-100 yards with both clubs depending on what I need to happen.  I also practice those shots quite a bit though.  

One other thing that I've seen...I now REALLY trust chipping with a 7iron or less...I just stand close to the ball, put the toe down slightly, and making an appropriate putting stroke...the longer length short irons make this VERY easy for me to have success around the greens.

I hope that helps.

Edited by OsnolaKinnard, 07 January 2019 - 06:43 PM.

LAWS of golf + Whippy Tempomaster = CRUSHING IT

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#1091 MountainGoat

MountainGoat

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450210
  • Joined: 12/30/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 1247

Posted 07 January 2019 - 07:33 PM

View PostOsnolaKinnard, on 07 January 2019 - 06:37 PM, said:

View PostMountainGoat, on 07 January 2019 - 11:06 AM, said:

For any of you that have been thru an Edel fitting -- do they have any ability to change grip type and size?

They can and will do anything you want. It may take them some time to get the grips for you, but they can and will do it.

It's a fitting issue, not a build issue.  I use Jumbo grips, which are heavy and alter the swing weight of the club.  A fitting with regular grips wouldn't mean much.

11

#1092 sdedalus23

sdedalus23

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 53474
  • Joined: 04/12/2008
  • Location:Boston
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 07 January 2019 - 08:33 PM

View PostOsnolaKinnard, on 07 January 2019 - 06:42 PM, said:

View Postsdedalus23, on 06 January 2019 - 09:31 PM, said:

Anyone with edels have their average gapping numbers over the course of a season? I'm still interested, but even trying them is an expensive experiment.

I don't have my average gapping numbers charted or anything like that, but I carry 5-GW.

I hit my irons in this range:

5 iron 175-185
6 iron 165-175
7 iron 150-160
8 iron 135-150
9 iron 120-135
PW 110-120
GW 100-110.

I have a little bit of a gap between my 6 and 7 iron...I just cannot step on a 7 iron to get it to 165 with any degree of consistency...and honestly, I ignore it.  I'm not good enough to worry about that.

Also, these are just my normal swings in the 85-90% range.  That is where I stay in control and get consistent distance and direction.  Any softer...bad things...any harder...bad things.  The exception to that is hitting 3/4 and 1/2 shots with the PW and GW...I can hit a dandy from 50-100 yards with both clubs depending on what I need to happen.  I also practice those shots quite a bit though.  

One other thing that I've seen...I now REALLY trust chipping with a 7iron or less...I just stand close to the ball, put the toe down slightly, and making an appropriate putting stroke...the longer length short irons make this VERY easy for me to have success around the greens.

I hope that helps.

Why are there such bad results with softer and harder swings? Function of swing or is there some characteristic of the clubs to be on the lookout for?

12

#1093 uglande

uglande

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 43849
  • Joined: 12/13/2007
  • Location:Milwaukee
GolfWRX Likes : 36

Posted 07 January 2019 - 10:30 PM

I played Cobra Forged One irons last year and loved them, and I'm a believer in one length. I'm playing something else right now, however, hoping that Cobra will release another version of their "players" one length set. These are the irons DeChambeau plays and, like him, I had trouble with the four and five iron. Couldn't get nearly enough height. Bryson has switched to utility irons for his 4 and 5. I also think they need to tweak the shafts and lofts to address the sky-high short irons and flat long irons. I'm hoping with another round of innovation they can get this right, in which case I will happily jump back in to the one-length world.
8.5 - Driver - Titleist - TS3 - Diamana White 70
13.5 - Wood - Titleist - 917 F2 - Diamana White 80

16.5 - Wood - Titleist - 917 F2 - Diamana White 80
21.0 - Wood - Titleist - 917 F2 - Diamana White 80
27.0 - Iron - Mizuno - MP-18 SC - Dynamic Gold
30.0 - Iron - Mizuno - MP-18 SC - Dynamic Gold
34.0 - Iron - Mizuno - MP-18 SC - Dynamic Gold
38.0 - Iron - Mizuno - MP-18 SC - Dynamic Gold
42.0 - Iron - Mizuno - MP-18 SC - Dynamic Gold
46.0 - Iron - Mizuno - MP-18 SC - Dynamic Gold
50.0 - Wedge - Titleist - Vokey SM7-F - Dynamic Gold
54.0 - Wedge - Titleist - Vokey SM7-S - Dynamic Gold
58.0 - Wedge - Titleist - Vokey SM7-D - Dynamic Gold

Putter - TaylorMade - Spider Center Shaft
Ball - Titleist - ProV1x - #68

13

#1094 dan040286

dan040286

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15979
  • Joined: 07/08/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 07 January 2019 - 11:10 PM

I just got back from visiting Edel inTX and getting fit as well as trained to be an Edel fitter. I’m 6’2” and play to a +1 hdcp. I got SLS 3-W with 95gr stiff flex. Long iron profile in the 3/4 mid in 5/6 and short 7/W. I’m a high ball hitter with a strong draw. We were able to keep my launch and peak height the  same to a bit lower but the big thing was the more than 50% reduction in sidespin. I also got fit for 52/58* wedges and was shocked the difference between trying all the different steel traditional length shafts. I’ve played S400’s for 15yrs and never thought twice about them. Now will have some KBS in those. I’ll start a new thread detailing my experience and results once they arrive in 10-14 days as well as extra info on the fitting process and what Edel does different.

14

#1095 DavePelz4

DavePelz4

    Legend

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 23,643 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69051
  • Joined: 11/10/2008
  • Location:A golf course in the Chicago area.
GolfWRX Likes : 25124

Posted 08 January 2019 - 09:05 AM

View Postdan040286, on 07 January 2019 - 11:10 PM, said:

I just got back from visiting Edel inTX and getting fit as well as trained to be an Edel fitter. I’m 6’2” and play to a +1 hdcp. I got SLS 3-W with 95gr stiff flex. Long iron profile in the 3/4 mid in 5/6 and short 7/W. I’m a high ball hitter with a strong draw. We were able to keep my launch and peak height the  same to a bit lower but the big thing was the more than 50% reduction in sidespin. I also got fit for 52/58* wedges and was shocked the difference between trying all the different steel traditional length shafts. I’ve played S400’s for 15yrs and never thought twice about them. Now will have some KBS in those. I’ll start a new thread detailing my experience and results once they arrive in 10-14 days as well as extra info on the fitting process and what Edel does different.

Intrigued by the 50% reduction in side spin.  Can you share what the before and after was in your dispersion?


15

#1096 OsnolaKinnard

OsnolaKinnard

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 442454
  • Joined: 10/04/2016
  • Location:Texas
  • Handicap:10
  • Ebay ID:osnolakinnardb
GolfWRX Likes : 302

Posted 08 January 2019 - 09:21 AM

View Postsdedalus23, on 07 January 2019 - 08:33 PM, said:

View PostOsnolaKinnard, on 07 January 2019 - 06:42 PM, said:

View Postsdedalus23, on 06 January 2019 - 09:31 PM, said:

Anyone with edels have their average gapping numbers over the course of a season? I'm still interested, but even trying them is an expensive experiment.

I don't have my average gapping numbers charted or anything like that, but I carry 5-GW.

I hit my irons in this range:

5 iron 175-185
6 iron 165-175
7 iron 150-160
8 iron 135-150
9 iron 120-135
PW 110-120
GW 100-110.

I have a little bit of a gap between my 6 and 7 iron...I just cannot step on a 7 iron to get it to 165 with any degree of consistency...and honestly, I ignore it.  I'm not good enough to worry about that.

Also, these are just my normal swings in the 85-90% range.  That is where I stay in control and get consistent distance and direction.  Any softer...bad things...any harder...bad things.  The exception to that is hitting 3/4 and 1/2 shots with the PW and GW...I can hit a dandy from 50-100 yards with both clubs depending on what I need to happen.  I also practice those shots quite a bit though.  

One other thing that I've seen...I now REALLY trust chipping with a 7iron or less...I just stand close to the ball, put the toe down slightly, and making an appropriate putting stroke...the longer length short irons make this VERY easy for me to have success around the greens.

I hope that helps.

Why are there such bad results with softer and harder swings? Function of swing or is there some characteristic of the clubs to be on the lookout for?

Sadly, that is ALL me baby.  :). I was the same way with my previous irons.  It's not lack of physical ability, it's a lack of mental ability. If I try to take something off or step on one...I turn into JoJo the Idiot Clown boy and do dumb things.
LAWS of golf + Whippy Tempomaster = CRUSHING IT

16

#1097 dan040286

dan040286

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15979
  • Joined: 07/08/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 08 January 2019 - 09:33 AM

View PostDavePelz4, on 08 January 2019 - 09:05 AM, said:

View Postdan040286, on 07 January 2019 - 11:10 PM, said:

I just got back from visiting Edel inTX and getting fit as well as trained to be an Edel fitter. I’m 6’2” and play to a +1 hdcp. I got SLS 3-W with 95gr stiff flex. Long iron profile in the 3/4 mid in 5/6 and short 7/W. I’m a high ball hitter with a strong draw. We were able to keep my launch and peak height the  same to a bit lower but the big thing was the more than 50% reduction in sidespin. I also got fit for 52/58* wedges and was shocked the difference between trying all the different steel traditional length shafts. I’ve played S400’s for 15yrs and never thought twice about them. Now will have some KBS in those. I’ll start a new thread detailing my experience and results once they arrive in 10-14 days as well as extra info on the fitting process and what Edel does different.

Intrigued by the 50% reduction in side spin.  Can you share what the before and after was in your dispersion?

On a 6iron I was about 1500rpms of draw spin and was able to cut that down to 600rpms.

17

#1098 g-off

g-off

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139544
  • Joined: 09/20/2011
  • Handicap:16.9
GolfWRX Likes : 61

Posted 10 January 2019 - 05:55 PM

any of you edel guys try and get a regular edel wedge built to or close to the specs of your sls irons?  Search really didn't help and we're at 37 pages now and I do have to work occasionally!

asking for a friend of course
fusion 10.5

fusion 5 wood

gbb divine 9

edel sls 01 5-g

hogan tk 56

seemore si2w

always hoing the next best thing

18

#1099 dan040286

dan040286

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15979
  • Joined: 07/08/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 10 January 2019 - 09:35 PM

View Postg-off, on 10 January 2019 - 05:55 PM, said:

any of you edel guys try and get a regular edel wedge built to or close to the specs of your sls irons?  Search really didn't help and we're at 37 pages now and I do have to work occasionally!

asking for a friend of course

When I was at Edel last week Jaret said it’s about 50/50 guys that match the wedges or go traditional. It’s a preference thing, seemed more of the low handicaps did the traditional wedges and more mid-high hdcp did one length but that’s not a hard n fast rule. Their wedge fitting was amazing btw.

19

#1100 SDGolfRookie

SDGolfRookie

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 492272
  • Joined: 01/30/2018
  • Location:San Diego
  • Handicap:13
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 12 January 2019 - 10:05 AM

Edel wedges were on my mind a lot
- Edel SW: Once I stopped forward learning the shaft, I was able to get good loft on chips. I LOVE this club for 90 and in shots and pitch and run shots. Don’t love it in the sand.

Just ordered the Cobra Black One Length 60 degree at 37.75 inches so I could have something the same length. It was easier for me to go this route because I had some golf store credit and can try for 90 days vs. ordering a more expensive custom Edel Wedge at that length...but I may do that eventually, lol! Cobra was able to match my Edel SW E0 swing weight, too. Haven’t tried it yet but can let ya know!

Primary reason for getting the 60 degree: Less bounce than the Edel SW and I was tired of the sand traps sand blasting my expensive Edel club faces, ha!

Edited by SDGolfRookie, 12 January 2019 - 10:07 AM.

Driver: Cobra F8
Woods: Cobra F8 3/4
Hybrid: Ping G400 19
Irons: Ping iBlade 4-P
Wedges: Ping Glide 50/54/58
Putter: Edel Brick...hauuus, or Edel E-1, or Ping Value 2.0 ZB
Ball: Vice Pro Pink (I mean, Neon Red)
Bag: Ping Hoofer
Clothes: Lululemon ALL DAY

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#1101 OsnolaKinnard

OsnolaKinnard

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 442454
  • Joined: 10/04/2016
  • Location:Texas
  • Handicap:10
  • Ebay ID:osnolakinnardb
GolfWRX Likes : 302

Posted 12 January 2019 - 10:15 AM

View Postg-off, on 10 January 2019 - 05:55 PM, said:

any of you edel guys try and get a regular edel wedge built to or close to the specs of your sls irons?  Search really didn't help and we're at 37 pages now and I do have to work occasionally!

asking for a friend of course

I will be talking to Edel soon.  I am looking at the SLS01 SW, because it would primarily be used as like a '12 iron'...mainly from the fairways and around greens.  I am also interested in custom grind wedge at 58-60* but that would primarily be used for bunker shots.  It will not be at the 'single length' set up.
LAWS of golf + Whippy Tempomaster = CRUSHING IT

21

#1102 ry1808

ry1808

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 299212
  • Joined: 02/27/2014
  • Location:Winston-Salem, NC (England at heart)
  • Handicap:0.1
GolfWRX Likes : 89

Posted 13 January 2019 - 10:17 AM

Had my fitting yesterday on the Edel Single Length irons at the Club Champion in Raleigh, NC.

My first comment is that in the past I didn't have the best results at a Club Champion centre. Previously I'd been fit for a driver in Charlotte and something wasn't right with their trackman setup (everything was coming out as a snap hook, I'm a good enough player to know when I'm hitting a snap hook and I wasn't that day). Anyway I started warming up with a few 7-irons and the setup at that store was perfect. The ball flight matched what I felt pretty closely.

They had the stock 4, 6 and PW for demo and we started straight with the 4-iron. My initial feedback was the feel of these irons was as good as anything I'd hit even with the Club Champion adaptor which some people have commented on effecting feel. Visually the 4-iron looked a very small head but when I put it up against my 4-iron (MIzuno MP-18 SC) it was almost identical hell to toe. Probably what gives the illusion of a compact head is the slightly thicker top line compared to the MP-18's I'm used to. In terms of ball flight I couldn't fault the club, it was consistent and penetrating. Edel have done a great job making these irons have a hot face, I was getting smash factors in the 1.47-1.48 range. Initially I was around 5-10 yards short of where I'd like to be with a 4 iron (200-205 carry compared to 210-215). I naturally have a high ball flight so we strengthened the flow by a degree and got straight into the ball park of where I'd like to see the 4-iron.

Then we moved onto the wedge and that will be a harder club for me. I like to be able to control my ball flight and the longer club length naturally hits the ball higher. To control that flight and knock the ball down a bit we strengthened the loft but then the carry was too long. We bent back to the standard loft and I was working on hitting 3/4 shots and knock down shots. The workability of these irons impressed me a lot, very consistent.

As a summary, very very impressed. Am I going to pull the trigger on these? Not sure yet, got a lot of thinking to do with this, although I do have a couple of questions for you guys:
  • I was fit with the stiff shaft and the fitter recommended going for the extra stiff (which I typically play) but then didn't have that shaft in stock. Maybe going to that stiffer shaft will help with knocking down those short irons.
  • Also the fitting was with the standard 6-iron length, so I'm wondering what the difference is going down to a 7-iron or even 8-iron length. Is that a personal preference thing or is there a big performance difference? My only thought would be that with the 7-iron shafts for the same club head the ball flight will be lower?


22

#1103 g-off

g-off

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139544
  • Joined: 09/20/2011
  • Handicap:16.9
GolfWRX Likes : 61

Posted 14 January 2019 - 02:03 PM

View PostOsnolaKinnard, on 12 January 2019 - 10:15 AM, said:

View Postg-off, on 10 January 2019 - 05:55 PM, said:

any of you edel guys try and get a regular edel wedge built to or close to the specs of your sls irons?  Search really didn't help and we're at 37 pages now and I do have to work occasionally!

asking for a friend of course

I will be talking to Edel soon.  I am looking at the SLS01 SW, because it would primarily be used as like a '12 iron'...mainly from the fairways and around greens.  I am also interested in custom grind wedge at 58-60* but that would primarily be used for bunker shots.  It will not be at the 'single length' set up.

I emailed them, could've sworn I read they built a standard wedge with the sl shaft somewhere, too lazy to read all 37 pages again, they quoted me for the sls wedge may just call them, keep us posted what you hear
fusion 10.5

fusion 5 wood

gbb divine 9

edel sls 01 5-g

hogan tk 56

seemore si2w

always hoing the next best thing

23

#1104 games

games

    Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they are yours.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 248161
  • Joined: 04/30/2013
  • Location:Wisconsin
GolfWRX Likes : 742

Posted 14 January 2019 - 05:35 PM

I'm going to sell my Edels on the BST.  I thought I needed a heavier shaft, but I was wrong.  I just looked on the bay and there is only one set of SLS-01 out there:  For $2,000!!

Edel makes a great product and the concept has merit.  I don't want to keep trying different used sets of Edels, but don't want to spend full boat on a new set, either.  I have a set of Gigagolf SLs I will keep around for giggles.  Maybe someday I'll return...
They who are enamoured of practice
without knowledge are like the mariner
going to sea without a rudder or compass
and who navigates without a course.

24

#1105 FerrisWyatt

FerrisWyatt

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 428320
  • Joined: 06/07/2016
  • Location:Alberta, Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 14 January 2019 - 08:22 PM

Ive been doing some research and cant seem to find anything. Did the Cobra forged OL come in left handed?


25

#1106 Playthru

Playthru

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 515690
  • Joined: 11/04/2018
  • Location:St.louis mo
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 14 January 2019 - 09:10 PM

My F8s came in today and all I can do is look at them with over 11 inches of snow in the ground.

26

#1107 9woodfan

9woodfan

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124629
  • Joined: 03/15/2011
  • Location:Canada
  • Ebay ID:bordercop41
GolfWRX Likes : 427

Posted 14 January 2019 - 10:27 PM

View PostFerrisWyatt, on 14 January 2019 - 08:22 PM, said:

I’ve been doing some research and can’t seem to find anything. Did the Cobra forged OL come in left handed?
No... Just the regular version. That's why I went Sterlings.

Bag: PING Hoofer Camo
Driver: PING G30 11* SF Tec

Wood: Empty

Hybrid: Cobra F8 22*

Irons: Wishon Sterling SL 5-GW
Wedge: Vokey SM5 54/58/62*

Putter: TaylorMade Ardmore Red
Work done by Dan's Custom Golf


27

#1108 g-off

g-off

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139544
  • Joined: 09/20/2011
  • Handicap:16.9
GolfWRX Likes : 61

Posted 15 January 2019 - 09:23 AM

any interest in edel 4 iron?  pm me
fusion 10.5

fusion 5 wood

gbb divine 9

edel sls 01 5-g

hogan tk 56

seemore si2w

always hoing the next best thing

28

#1109 SDGolfRookie

SDGolfRookie

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 492272
  • Joined: 01/30/2018
  • Location:San Diego
  • Handicap:13
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 15 January 2019 - 10:51 AM

I forget: IF I wanted to mimic Bryson’s pre-set impact set-up and TRY to do it on one steep  plane, do I have to look into getting more upright clubs?

Or, can this still be achieved with my current 63 degree lie angles?

Sorry if this is repeat!

PS: Really liked the cobra black one length 60 degree wedge! Worked well for chipping the ball up quickly with square and open face.
Driver: Cobra F8
Woods: Cobra F8 3/4
Hybrid: Ping G400 19
Irons: Ping iBlade 4-P
Wedges: Ping Glide 50/54/58
Putter: Edel Brick...hauuus, or Edel E-1, or Ping Value 2.0 ZB
Ball: Vice Pro Pink (I mean, Neon Red)
Bag: Ping Hoofer
Clothes: Lululemon ALL DAY

29

#1110 OsnolaKinnard

OsnolaKinnard

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 442454
  • Joined: 10/04/2016
  • Location:Texas
  • Handicap:10
  • Ebay ID:osnolakinnardb
GolfWRX Likes : 302

Posted 15 January 2019 - 02:12 PM

View PostSDGolfRookie, on 15 January 2019 - 10:51 AM, said:

I forget: IF I wanted to mimic Bryson’s pre-set impact set-up and TRY to do it on one steep  plane, do I have to look into getting more upright clubs?

Or, can this still be achieved with my current 63 degree lie angles?

Sorry if this is repeat!

PS: Really liked the cobra black one length 60 degree wedge! Worked well for chipping the ball up quickly with square and open face.

I watch and study a lot of Kurt Junge's 'Set up for impact' videos on YouTube.  I do not have a severely upright swing like Bryson.  It works very well for me.  I am not sure if this is considered 'single plane' or 'Natural Golf', but I know this...it works very well and I like the results.

LAWS of golf + Whippy Tempomaster = CRUSHING IT

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors