Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Golf Galaxy first bad experience!!

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 jva

jva

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 10970
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:17 PM

Ok tell me if I am expecting too much?  I bought a sonartec ss2.5 with a purple ice 85 x shaft 2 weeks ago. I suddenly receive a phone call after work saying "The sonartec club you purchased 2 weeks ago shouldnt have been for sale. It was an employees club getting serviced or something. Would u do a big favor and bring it back in, I would appreciate it very much and we will take care of you!"     Now keep in my i paid $60 for the club and I hit it amazingly good!   Like a nice guy I drove 60 miles one way to return club and see what I would be getting.  I was offered a adams 3 wood that was 100 bucks used. I said I need a 3wood today and I do not like anything u have on used. If u want me happy I want a burner tp 3 wood!  Its the only other club that I liked and had a 75 gram shaft.  no no no no !  We would be willing to knock some money off that club for you!  Gee thanks!  I was offered a dozen of pro v1x 08's I think and a dozen callaway tour ix balls.   Question is am I out of like wanting something I like and being "taken care of ?"   I didnt wanna make a scene and took the balls. if u wanna know, still feel on the short side!    Im done with GG !

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 sniperjoe

sniperjoe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9879

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:32 PM

Why drive back??

#3 BFC

BFC

Tour Winner

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 42750
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:37 PM

Well you took the deal, so it's on you.

I would have told them, it's the Burner or nothing.  You had the big end of the stick and you let  it go.

#4 WL_Eric

WL_Eric

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 49053

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:42 PM

You're not expecting too much at all in my book.  They owe you more then a $100 Adam's replacement for their screw-up and your cooperation in returning the club....60 miles at that.  

I am also done with GG as of 2 weeks ago.  I went in to browse around since I was in the area.  I decided to check out the Oakley's and asked to have the case opened up.  The guy working the front kindly opened the case, but didn't know much about the glasses as he had only been there a couple weeks.  He called in the manager from the back to help me out.  Keep in mind this was an hour after they opened on a Tuesday, maybe 5 people in the whole store.  I waited for  15 minutes staring at sunglasses before he finally shows up at the front checkout.  At this time, the guy working the front was checking someone out and talking to some other potential client on the phone.  He put the phone down and asked the manager to take the call.  The manager rolled his eyes in disgust and then finally picked up the phone.  He seemed a little rude in his remarks while on the phone.  After a couple minutes of phone time he hangs up at which time the guy working the front tells him I was wanting some questions answered on the Oakley's (Almost 20 minutes gone by now). He never looks at me once, but instead goes inside the checkout to talk with another worker that had just gotten there.  I'm really not too irritated until this happened but I still wait it out a couple minutes before finally walking out the door.  The guy working the front who originally was trying to help apologized as I walked by realizing his manager was a complete waste of a paycheck.  Perhaps I should just take it out on the manager, but this isn't the first time I've had a hard time just getting some simple questions answered without having to hunt someone down in GG.

Sorry for the rant, but it goes with the thread topic.  I feel for ya.

#5 Lngnokr71

Lngnokr71

Hmmm what to get next?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 43057
  • Ebay ID:lngnokr71
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 17 April 2008 - 10:10 PM

Good that you took the other customers club back....IMO the fair thing for them to do was take $60.00 off the TM burner 3 wood and maybe throw in some balls. If this wouldn't satisfy you then I think you'd be asking for too much...........

#6 bulldog8b

bulldog8b

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 49673

Posted 17 April 2008 - 11:25 PM

That is a strange situation.  Personally, I don't think that they really owed you more than $60 and maybe something for your trouble.  However, I wouldn't really blame you if you held out for something more, but I also wouldn't blame them for telling you no.  I also think you are REALLY asking WAY too much trying to get them for a $250 club, when they screwed up on a $60 club.  I mean come on, that is $200 difference.  You didn't have to drive all the way down there, that is on you.

I don't really know how I feel about this, it kind of goes both ways.  They definitely screwed up and are asking a lot of a customer to come back and return a club because of their mistake.  But asking for a Burner TP in trade for a used Sonartec is asking way too much.  I think you go t a decent deal, $85 worth of balls in trade for a $60 club.  You probably could have gotten a little more if you wanted to push them, but a Burner TP is going way overboard.  But, you took the deal, so it's on you now.

#7 lucybeth

lucybeth

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20203

Posted 18 April 2008 - 08:29 AM

;)

We just had a new Golf Galaxy open in South Florida! I went in there a couple of times. Nice store, but nothing better than the local Golfsmith!

The LAST TIME I went there I was in the hitting area trying a used driver. No one was around so I hit the ball a couple of times and in walks a salesperson with a lady customer right behind him! He starts taping up a wedge for her right directly behind me! If I had hit another shot they were so close I would have had hit both of them!

All the salesperson had to do was ask me to let him use the net and I would have gladly moved! BUT NO, he just walks behind me!

Guess what THAT WILL BE MY LAST VISIT TO THAT STORE!!! :D

I cannot understand why people would act this way except it is in South Florida!

#8 mul1gan

mul1gan

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 30211

Posted 18 April 2008 - 08:37 AM

I hate GG, the sales rep really dont know the first thing about golf or golf equipment.  I asked to see a studio select and he brings me different.  And they all seem pretty arrogant as well, almost as if i'm at the porsche dealership.   I dont know where they find these people.... I will never buy anything from them EVER....

#9 cbgolf

cbgolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 41863

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:49 AM

I have gone into golf galaxy before and have gotten completely ignored  and sometimes have found someone who was helpful.
Swore i would never buy clubs from them but ultimately i may.
See i'm a beginner/high handicapper who will soon be in the market for a decent iron set.
I will need something custom due to my height so that preety much rules out buying online.
So i can go the GG, Dicks or a pro shop.
While i'm not looking for another cheap boxed set like i have i don't have 600 dollars to spend on an iron set(so that pretty much rules out the pro shop)
GG has some decent sets for 300-400 dollars and even if they're last years they give you 50% off if you need length adjustment etc. Plus they have used sets and sales.

Also no golfsmith where i live. Thoght about going with something through the smartfit but realized it wouldn't be a good idea(buying with an online fitting without trying the clubs first)

#10 mul1gan

mul1gan

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 30211

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:52 AM

Check out wash golf.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 FlyFish

FlyFish

FlyFish

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 19815
GolfWRX Likes : 62

Posted 18 April 2008 - 12:32 PM

You did a honorable thing by taking back the employee's club, but I think that I would have negotiated terms ahead of time before driving 60 miles.  The gas alone would run me $24 round trip.

Edited by FlyFish, 18 April 2008 - 12:33 PM.

#12 rl4673

rl4673

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31989
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 18 April 2008 - 01:04 PM

I think asking for a Burner TP in return is asking a little too much.  Tell them to bring you $60 cash to your house and a dozen balls or gift card or something.  If they wanted it bad enough they'd have come and gotten it and you wouldn't have been out the gas or time.

#13 phatchrisrules

phatchrisrules

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20680
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 18 April 2008 - 02:19 PM

I think you stretched when you asked for the TP fairway wood.  If I was the manager I would have declined as well.  What else did you expect them to do?  They refunded your $60 and gave you approx. $100 worth of golf balls.  If this where me, yes, I would have been a little ticked off for having to drive back the 60 miles, but imagine if the tables were turned and it was your club they accidently sold.  You would be begging for the guy to return the club!  Because after all, we all know how hard it is to find a good 3 wood.  Anyways, if you wanted the Burner so badly why didn't you just flip the balls and the gift card against it right then and there, and then take the slight discount on the club they offered as well?  It would have cost you around $90, maybe less with the discount, but you still have an excellent fairway wood in your hands for well less than half price (and not to mention, the one you had your eyes on anyways!).  Alternatively, you could have taken a look around the store and just see if there was like a 904F with an upgraded shaft for dirt cheap and put the $60 and a dozen of the balls against it.  I think GG went above what they had to do, all they really had to do was refund you the money...the 2 dozen balls where your "We're sorry for the screw up and making you drive this far" gift.  Lastly, take the $100 worth of balls with you to the course you are playing and see if they have any good deals to throw the balls at to offset the cost.

Sorry, one last alternative that could have been taken.  If you would have asked, I bet they would have let you take a demo 3 wood out on the course with you...you may of had to pay for it but you get refunded upon return of the club.  This seems, to me anyway, that you where just trying to take advantage of the situation and now you're just a bit grumpy that you didn't leave with even more loot.  Take the balls and be happy!

Edited by phatchrisrules, 18 April 2008 - 02:22 PM.

Nike Covert Performance
Titleist 904F 15*
Nike Sumo2 20* & 23* hybrid
Macgregor NVG2 Mid 5-Pw
Nike VR Pro II 50*, 55*, 60*
Ping Anser Zero

#14 schlebrock

schlebrock

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11688
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 18 April 2008 - 02:30 PM

Tough situation as both you and GG have some valid points.

However, this could have been avoided if you just would have negotiated with them over the phone when they called. The "we're going to take care of you" is vague and personally I would've wanted clarification up front of exactly how they were going to take care of me before I drove back to their store......regardless if it was 60 miles or 6 miles.

Of course, hindsight is 20/20 but overall IMHO you came out of it OK.
Ping G25 9.5 | Fujikura Speeder 757
Exotics CB4 Tour 16.5 | UST Attas T2
Titleist 913H 21 | Aldila Tour Green
Ping G25's 4-UW | KBS Tour-V
Vokey TVD SM4 54S, 58K | KBS Tour
Ping Craz-E Scottsdale TR

#15 jva

jva

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2008 - 03:58 PM

just for clarification I only got 2 dozen balls. No refund for what I paid on the club that I brought back.  Im not happy and I took it back for moral reasons even tho I didnt make out. Gas was about $25  Just lesson learned I guess, next time no return!

#16 Gawfman123

Gawfman123

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50864
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 18 April 2008 - 04:11 PM

Just my .02 cents woth, but you did the right thing by bringing back the club.  It wasn't for sale, and, imagine that, a Golf Galaxy employee made a mistake.  But I digress.  You should have, IMHO, negotiated over the phone, explain that you live 60 miles away before you ever drove back.  But you had to return that club man.  Had to.  If it was your 3-wood, you would have lost your mind at the guy who had your club, when it was not for sale.

But then, who ever does the right thing anymore anyways?  :russian_roulette:

#17 rgk5

rgk5

rgk5

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3525
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 108

Posted 18 April 2008 - 04:19 PM

View Postjva, on Apr 18 2008, 04:58 PM, said:

just for clarification I only got 2 dozen balls. No refund for what I paid on the club that I brought back.  Im not happy and I took it back for moral reasons even tho I didnt make out. Gas was about $25  Just lesson learned I guess, next time no return!

I cannot translate this post.  No refund as in they kept your money and the club?  Gas was $25, you got about $80 worth of golf balls, so apart from your time, you made $55 because of their error. In closing, you state you should have kept another fella's club.  What happened to the "moral reasons" rationale?
Titlleist 910 D2 12*, Mitsubishi Bassara
T.Edge Exotic XCG6 15*, Kuro Kage R
Titleist 910H 19*, Ping G20 4-PW, CFS S
Cobra Trusty Rusty 50*, DG S-200
Ping TR Zing, Red Dot, 34"
Mizuno MP-T11 54*, 60*, DG Spinners

#18 phatchrisrules

phatchrisrules

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20680
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 18 April 2008 - 04:20 PM

View Postjva, on Apr 18 2008, 04:58 PM, said:

Oh, then that sucks hard!  I would have demanded the refund as well then.  Sorry, I hadn't realised you didn't get the money back.  I would call their head office or fire off an e-mail, just them know that you are accepting what they did but you are disappointed you did not get your money back.  I know if it was my store, we're golftown, similar to GG but Canadian (and I hope better service!), we would have refunded plus the balls, more than likely.
Nike Covert Performance
Titleist 904F 15*
Nike Sumo2 20* & 23* hybrid
Macgregor NVG2 Mid 5-Pw
Nike VR Pro II 50*, 55*, 60*
Ping Anser Zero

#19 wildwilly911

wildwilly911

Major Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,709 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21429

Posted 18 April 2008 - 05:47 PM

they didnt refund your money? i find that hard to believe

#20 Hoosier Bogey

Hoosier Bogey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 25273

Posted 18 April 2008 - 05:51 PM

People, you are being too harsh. I'm sure JVA never made a mistake or had anything returned to him out of the goodness of someone else's heart or ...

Just do something because it's right then quit moaning. How many people in this forum have left a club on the course and had it returned (or stolen)? We hope others do the right thing and in return should do the same.

Still, they should have returned his money. My guess would be someone at the counter was just flustered by the situation and forgot.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#21 Carolina Golfer 2

Carolina Golfer 2

Hall of Fame

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 7,686 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9960
GolfWRX Likes : 295

Posted 18 April 2008 - 06:06 PM

View Postcbgolf, on Apr 18 2008, 10:49 AM, said:

I have gone into golf galaxy before and have gotten completely ignored  and sometimes have found someone who was helpful.
See i'm a beginner/high handicapper who will soon be in the market for a decent iron set.
I will need something custom due to my height so that preety much rules out buying online.
While i'm not looking for another cheap boxed set like i have i don't have 600 dollars to spend on an iron set(so that pretty much rules out the pro shop)
GG has some decent sets for 300-400 dollars and even if they're last years they give you 50% off if you need length adjustment etc. Plus they have used sets and sales.

Also no golfsmith where i live. Thoght about going with something through the smartfit but realized it wouldn't be a good idea(buying with an online fitting without trying the clubs first)
If you're in central maryland check out Arundel Golf Park and see Jim or Baltimore Washington Golf (in timonium) and see Chuck.   If you want to PM me for more info feel free.  I pretty much know every shop in the area and the pros and cons of them.
OptiForce 10.5* Diamana 62+ R
OptiForce 15* Diamana 62+ R
19 and 23 XHot Hybrid PXI 5.5
5-PW XHot PX 5.5
MD2 58-C 14 degree Hopkins 52 Custom
Versa No. 7

#22 oregongolf

oregongolf

Hall of Fame

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,170 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15806
GolfWRX Likes : 99

Posted 18 April 2008 - 06:13 PM

Yeah... the good natured part of me says it'd be nice to bring it back (as well as square your karma), but they still should've done more to appease him.

I think the manager could've refunded him and just gave him two dozen balls on the house for the trouble. Either that or bought him a round of golf or something. That goes a long ways with lots of people. I'm with the majority here thinking that a giving away a Burner TP is a little much. That'd be blatantly taking advantage of the situation.

If you're still upset about the whole thing, just call the manager back. You could tell him you feel a little slighted and that you feel like you were swept under the rug. Tell him you drove x amount of miles both ways twice (did you say 60?) and that you were only given a couple dozen balls... but no refund.

Edited by j0npeterson, 18 April 2008 - 06:18 PM.

#23 rl4673

rl4673

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31989
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 18 April 2008 - 06:40 PM

View Postmdsportsguy, on Apr 18 2008, 07:06 PM, said:

View Postcbgolf, on Apr 18 2008, 10:49 AM, said:

If you're in central maryland check out Arundel Golf Park and see Jim or Baltimore Washington Golf (in timonium) and see Chuck.   If you want to PM me for more info feel free.  I pretty much know every shop in the area and the pros and cons of them.

I agree.. Jim K. is a great guy and most of the guys at BW are good.  I sometimes get a bad vibe off of a few of the salesmen there but it still beats Mammoth by a MILE!

#24 bulldog8b

bulldog8b

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 49673

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:01 PM

Even w/o the refund they are even.  $60 + $25in gas = $85 which is what a dozen ProV's and a dozen ix's would cost.  You're even.  Personally, I would have not left until I had at least gotten my money back and if they wanted to appease me they could.

#25 oregongolf

oregongolf

Hall of Fame

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,170 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15806
GolfWRX Likes : 99

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:08 PM

View Postbulldog8b, on Apr 18 2008, 07:01 PM, said:

Even w/o the refund they are even.  $60 + $25in gas = $85 which is what a dozen ProV's and a dozen ix's would cost.  You're even.  Personally, I would have not left until I had at least gotten my money back and if they wanted to appease me they could.
I don't think it was about being even. I think it's about being reimbursed for time lost and aggravation. I would say the store probably still got the better of him. I don't think two dozen balls is gonna cost them $85.

#26 jva

jva

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:13 PM

I just sent an email seeing if I can get a refund or gift card for the $60 I spent on the returned club. Last was I hope something can be done, if not I understand and I will take my business else where. See the advantage club info!   We'll see how much GG values customers!

#27 belote

belote

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24622
  • Ebay ID:xbelotex

Posted 19 April 2008 - 12:38 AM

Damn man, that sucks.  You should have kept the club in the car and negotiated before you brought it in.  They definitely should have given you the 60 dollars, that is a no brainer, and the balls should have been a very good extra incentive.

Asking for a burner tp is ridiculous.  Anything over 120 would have been asking far too much.

#28 t.bahama

t.bahama

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52869
  • Ebay ID:t.bahama

Posted 19 April 2008 - 12:47 AM

They made the mistake. The burner should have been your's at 50% off, at least.

#29 Hoosier Bogey

Hoosier Bogey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 25273

Posted 19 April 2008 - 03:10 PM

So when you make a mistake at work you take a reduction in pay of 50%, right? Or if you get caught speeding you pay 100% more, don't you? And when you punish your kids for something they didn't do you immediately double their allowance...

View Postt.bahama, on Apr 19 2008, 01:47 AM, said:

They made the mistake. The burner should have been your's at 50% off, at least.

#30 Cbey77

Cbey77

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 43535
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 19 April 2008 - 03:47 PM

I'm not sure I understand this whole thing.  Why wouldn't you get a refund for the club you purchased?  I would have just kept the club.  

Anyway, I hear a lot of complaints about Golf Galaxy on this site.  I have had nothing but good experiences in my local golf galaxy.  The repair guys are great.  When I was begining to build clubs, they gave me all sorts of advice.  The sales guy are great.  I take lessons there and I really like my instructor.  I even bought the guys some cigars for the holidays last year.  Sorry folks are having such bad expereinces.  The store in St. Louis is a great place.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors