Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * - - 2 votes

Cut Golf balls


317 replies to this topic

#61 DBill

DBill

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 426712
  • Joined: 05/26/2016
  • Location:Gilbert AZ
GolfWRX Likes : 813

Posted 27 March 2018 - 11:25 PM

About to order a trial pack of the urethane from Cut.  Have the Snell red and black test pack coming as well.  Long time player of the srixon z star xv, and am curious about these direct to consumer golf balls.

Will post some results from on course testing over the next few weeks.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#62 Fade to Black

Fade to Black

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,621 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128981
  • Joined: 05/18/2011
  • Location:NC
GolfWRX Likes : 1230

Posted 28 March 2018 - 02:36 PM

Dbill, I love the XV so very curious to hear about your experience with the Cut balls and how they compare to the XV and Snell offerings

Edited by Fade to Black, 28 March 2018 - 02:37 PM.

Driver: Callaway GBB 9.5* (Project X HZRDUS Black 76g 6.5X)
Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 19* (Fujikura Speeder TS H9.8)
Irons: Callaway Apex'14 4-PW (DG X100)
Wedges: Nike SV Tour (DG S400)
Putter: Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7
Balls: Srixon ZstarXV

2

#63 diablocrusher

diablocrusher

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 178350
  • Joined: 05/01/2012
  • Location:Pittsburgh
  • Handicap:6.5
GolfWRX Likes : 98

Posted 28 March 2018 - 02:53 PM

I ordered some trial sleeves of the blue (4 layer) and grey (3 layer) but unfortunately havenít been able to play with them yet.  As far as the shipping goes, my order was shipped out next day and arrived several days later, not bad for shipping from CA to PA.

I chipped each of the balls in the house and they felt pretty good. Canít wait to actually get on the course with these. If they play as well as any other 4 piece ball Iíll gladly switch for $20 a dz.
Driver - Cobra King F6
3 wood - Diablo Octane Tour
Hybrid - Callaway XR Pro
Irons 3-PW - Mizuno MP54
Wedges - Vokey SM6 50, 54, 58
Putter - Yes! Callie

3

#64 jesusdelallata

jesusdelallata

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 240837
  • Joined: 03/25/2013
  • Location:Houston
  • Handicap:10.3
GolfWRX Likes : 52

Posted 28 March 2018 - 07:40 PM

How long doesnít it take to get them?  I ordered one week ago Andy nothing yet.
Driver - Callaway Rogue
3w - Callaway Rogue
5w - Callaway Rogue
Irons (GW - 4i) - Callaway Rogue
Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport
Wedges Titleist  Vokey SM6 54 and 60

4

#65 Cut Golf

Cut Golf

    Member

  • Sponsors
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 490774
  • Joined: 01/11/2018
  • Location:Costa Mesa, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 44

Posted 28 March 2018 - 08:21 PM

 jesusdelallata, on 28 March 2018 - 07:40 PM, said:

How long doesnít it take to get them?  I ordered one week ago Andy nothing yet.

Please email us with your order number and we will get this resolved ASAP! Typically orders are delivered within 1-3 business days. Our email is themanagement@cutgolfco.com


5

#66 jesusdelallata

jesusdelallata

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 240837
  • Joined: 03/25/2013
  • Location:Houston
  • Handicap:10.3
GolfWRX Likes : 52

Posted 28 March 2018 - 08:32 PM

 Cut Golf, on 28 March 2018 - 08:21 PM, said:

 jesusdelallata, on 28 March 2018 - 07:40 PM, said:

How long doesnít it take to get them?  I ordered one week ago Andy nothing yet.

Please email us with your order number and we will get this resolved ASAP! Typically orders are delivered within 1-3 business days. Our email is themanagement@cutgolfco.com

Thank you.
Driver - Callaway Rogue
3w - Callaway Rogue
5w - Callaway Rogue
Irons (GW - 4i) - Callaway Rogue
Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport
Wedges Titleist  Vokey SM6 54 and 60

6

#67 Beansy

Beansy

    The messican golfer

  • Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 58574
  • Joined: 06/22/2008
  • Location:Tremonton, UT
  • Ebay ID:eswear2012
GolfWRX Likes : 24

Posted 30 March 2018 - 10:14 PM

I played 9 holes with the blue today and was impressed. Felt pretty good of the driver and irons, it also spun pretty well on iron and wedge shots. I was worried that it would feel like a rock since I usually play the chrome soft but I was surprised that it felt pretty close. As for putting I couldnít really tell since I couldnít make a put to save my life. It didnít sound any different off my putter then the normal ball I would play. The only thing that I donít like is the sheen that the balls have, it makes them look like plastic. Besides that I enjoyed playing the cut blue. I want to try the gray out to see if it performs any different but I will definitely be buying cut golf balls in the future.

7

#68 eagle1997

eagle1997

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,981 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121529
  • Joined: 02/01/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 22121

Posted 30 March 2018 - 10:36 PM

I too didnít like the sheen at first, but I think thatís what makes them so durable. Reminds me of the Optic Yellow XV from two (or three?) series prior. Those balls lasted forever.

I recently tried the 3U (gray) and had some fun around the practice green getting it to hop-hop-stop with a few low checkers. Balls didnít cut at all. The company name doesnít match! False advertising! Lol.
Cobra F8+ 9.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cally Steelhead XR 17°
Cobra BioCell 22°
Cobra One Length 5-PW
Bstone J15 50°
Bstone J15 52°
Odyssey Black Milled #1

8

#69 DBill

DBill

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 426712
  • Joined: 05/26/2016
  • Location:Gilbert AZ
GolfWRX Likes : 813

Posted 31 March 2018 - 11:47 PM

Got the urethane trail pack in today.  Snapped a few side by side pictures of my long time gamer, the Srixon z star xv.  Will post up pictures when I get the Snell MTB red and blacks as well.  I have only included a picture of the Cut Blue.

First initial impression is the cover feels soft, like a urethane ball should.  The sheen on it, as others have pointed out, does make it look like a surlyn or cheaper ball.  I don't care what the looks are as long as it performs, just sharing initial impressions.

Will be getting these out in the next week for a test drive against the XV and Snell MTB red and black.  Big hill to climb against the XV for all of these balls.

Attached Thumbnails

  • 20180331_213616.jpg
  • 20180331_213554.jpg

Edited by DBill, 31 March 2018 - 11:48 PM.


9

#70 DBill

DBill

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 426712
  • Joined: 05/26/2016
  • Location:Gilbert AZ
GolfWRX Likes : 813

Posted 01 April 2018 - 07:27 PM

Actually got out today and played a round with the Cut Blue.  Overall, it was a decent ball and given the price, I could see lots of people gaming these.

Overall, nothing about the performance of this ball blew me away, but nothing disappointed me.  My only knock on the ball is the cover looks cheap and almost plastic like, already covered in the above post.

In the end, this ball has not done anything to out perform my long time gamer of the z star xv.  More testing will be done to see if anything changes, as well as testing the Snell MTB red and blacks.


Edited to add a little about me.  

Current handicap is 7, driver swing speed is around 115-118.

Edited by DBill, 01 April 2018 - 07:31 PM.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#71 bmabe119

bmabe119

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 41477
  • Joined: 10/28/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 01 April 2018 - 08:14 PM

Talking about the hats..would love to see a flex fit..as those are me favorite..😁

11

#72 Cut Golf

Cut Golf

    Member

  • Sponsors
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 490774
  • Joined: 01/11/2018
  • Location:Costa Mesa, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 44

Posted 02 April 2018 - 10:28 AM

 bmabe119, on 01 April 2018 - 08:14 PM, said:

Talking about the hats..would love to see a flex fit..as those are me favorite..��

We are designing more hats for the year, so please stay tuned!

12

#73 Beansy

Beansy

    The messican golfer

  • Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 58574
  • Joined: 06/22/2008
  • Location:Tremonton, UT
  • Ebay ID:eswear2012
GolfWRX Likes : 24

Posted 02 April 2018 - 10:31 AM

 Cut Golf, on 02 April 2018 - 10:28 AM, said:

 bmabe119, on 01 April 2018 - 08:14 PM, said:

Talking about the hats..would love to see a flex fit..as those are me favorite..��
We are designing more hats for the year, so please stay tuned!
Some new era 59/50 fitted hats would be sweet!

Edited by Beansy, 02 April 2018 - 10:32 AM.


13

#74 Fade to Black

Fade to Black

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,621 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128981
  • Joined: 05/18/2011
  • Location:NC
GolfWRX Likes : 1230

Posted 02 April 2018 - 10:44 AM

Dbill...although the balls did not outperform the Z STAR XV, it sounds like they were close in performance?

Factor in the price differential and it sounds like a good switch to me from my beloved XV's.
Driver: Callaway GBB 9.5* (Project X HZRDUS Black 76g 6.5X)
Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 19* (Fujikura Speeder TS H9.8)
Irons: Callaway Apex'14 4-PW (DG X100)
Wedges: Nike SV Tour (DG S400)
Putter: Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7
Balls: Srixon ZstarXV

14

#75 jjepeto

jjepeto

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 472152
  • Joined: 06/21/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 02 April 2018 - 10:54 AM

I finally got to try out my urethane pack this weekend. I was playing solo so on a handful of holes I played both the blue and grey side-by-side. There doesn't seem to be a very big difference to me. The blue feels slightly harder, especially off the putter, but I wouldn't describe it as a hard ball. I usually play Taylormade Project A, which is a pretty soft ball. I'd say I preferred the grey just because I liked the feel better off the putter, but I feel like I could play either ball and be really happy with it. I only played 9 holes and lost just 1 Cut Blue, so I'll keep testing.

I had to take and share this picture of playing both balls on a hole. Driver off an elevated tee. The Cut Blue is on the left, flew dead straight. Cut Grey is on the right and had the slightest fade. Obviously distance was the same, which was pretty consistent throughout the day.

Attached Thumbnails

  • IMG_2751.JPG


15

#76 DBill

DBill

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 426712
  • Joined: 05/26/2016
  • Location:Gilbert AZ
GolfWRX Likes : 813

Posted 02 April 2018 - 12:17 PM

 Fade to Black, on 02 April 2018 - 10:44 AM, said:

Dbill...although the balls did not outperform the Z STAR XV, it sounds like they were close in performance?

Factor in the price differential and it sounds like a good switch to me from my beloved XV's.

To me they felt closer to the Q Star Tour, which can be bought for $25.  I would buy a test pack of the urethane to try out.  I still have the new XV balls from when they did the trial packs of 6 for $10.

16

#77 Miker20890

Miker20890

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 403590
  • Joined: 11/21/2015
  • Location:Va
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 02 April 2018 - 06:41 PM

finally got a decent day to get out and try the grey and blue. both felt very similar throughout the bag. for whatever reason though just played much better with the blues. definitely will game these this season once i run through the stock i have.

17

#78 jgonz69

jgonz69

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7283
  • Joined: 10/31/2005
  • Location:Las Vegas
GolfWRX Likes : 388

Posted 02 April 2018 - 07:45 PM

Which cut would match K-Sig or Z Star?
TIA
PING G400 Max Ping Tour 65
PING G400 3wd 14.5 Ping Tour 75
PING2 Hybrid Ping Tour 85
PING i500 3, 5-U
PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 54 58
PING Shea H
Kirkland Signature

18

#79 ob18

ob18

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 400786
  • Joined: 10/26/2015
  • Location:PA
GolfWRX Likes : 249

Posted 02 April 2018 - 08:05 PM

 Cut Golf, on 02 April 2018 - 10:28 AM, said:

 bmabe119, on 01 April 2018 - 08:14 PM, said:

Talking about the hats..would love to see a flex fit..as those are me favorite..��

We are designing more hats for the year, so please stay tuned!

Consult top of the world for flex fit hats, they make very good ones.
10* Callaway XR Driver
15* Nickent 3 Wood
18* Nickent F30 Hybrid
Taylormade M2 Irons - 5 iron to A wedge
54*, 58* Cleveland RTX 2.0 Wedges

Odyssey O-Works Red #7 Tank Putter
Srixon Q-Star Tour

19

#80 Cut Golf

Cut Golf

    Member

  • Sponsors
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 490774
  • Joined: 01/11/2018
  • Location:Costa Mesa, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 44

Posted 03 April 2018 - 05:50 PM

 jgonz69, on 02 April 2018 - 07:45 PM, said:

Which cut would match K-Sig or Z Star?
TIA

Try the Urethane Double Pack to see which one you prefer more.

https://www.cutgolfc...ves/double-pack


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#81 hack2489

hack2489

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 459550
  • Joined: 03/18/2017
  • Location:Northern NSW (Australia)
  • Handicap:15.2
GolfWRX Likes : 83

Posted 03 April 2018 - 06:05 PM

Any plans to sell these golf balls in Australia?

21

#82 Cut Golf

Cut Golf

    Member

  • Sponsors
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 490774
  • Joined: 01/11/2018
  • Location:Costa Mesa, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 44

Posted 03 April 2018 - 06:06 PM

 hack2489, on 03 April 2018 - 06:05 PM, said:

Any plans to sell these golf balls in Australia?

Yes. We are working on an international shipping option. Please stay tuned!

22

#83 jgonz69

jgonz69

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7283
  • Joined: 10/31/2005
  • Location:Las Vegas
GolfWRX Likes : 388

Posted 03 April 2018 - 06:55 PM

 Cut Golf, on 03 April 2018 - 05:50 PM, said:

 jgonz69, on 02 April 2018 - 07:45 PM, said:

Which cut would match K-Sig or Z Star?
TIA

Try the Urethane Double Pack to see which one you prefer more.

https://www.cutgolfc...ves/double-pack
thanks.
PING G400 Max Ping Tour 65
PING G400 3wd 14.5 Ping Tour 75
PING2 Hybrid Ping Tour 85
PING i500 3, 5-U
PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 54 58
PING Shea H
Kirkland Signature

23

#84 gohatters

gohatters

    Golf is so much more fun from the "wrong side of the ball&q

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 115203
  • Joined: 09/21/2010
  • Location:Naples, FL
  • Ebay ID:upstatemerch
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 08 April 2018 - 10:14 PM

I plan on resting both. But what is the effect of the difference between the 3 and 4 piece urethane balls (gray and blue).

24

#85 Cut Golf

Cut Golf

    Member

  • Sponsors
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 490774
  • Joined: 01/11/2018
  • Location:Costa Mesa, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 44

Posted 08 April 2018 - 11:08 PM

 gohatters, on 08 April 2018 - 10:14 PM, said:

I plan on resting both. But what is the effect of the difference between the 3 and 4 piece urethane balls (gray and blue).

The Greys are slightly softer and will have a little less spin than the Blues. We recommend you trying the Urethane Double Pack, so you can test them both out and figure out which one you prefer.

https://www.cutgolfc...ves/double-pack


25

#86 gohatters

gohatters

    Golf is so much more fun from the "wrong side of the ball&q

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 115203
  • Joined: 09/21/2010
  • Location:Naples, FL
  • Ebay ID:upstatemerch
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 09 April 2018 - 06:54 AM

 Cut Golf, on 08 April 2018 - 11:08 PM, said:

 gohatters, on 08 April 2018 - 10:14 PM, said:

I plan on resting both. But what is the effect of the difference between the 3 and 4 piece urethane balls (gray and blue).

The Greys are slightly softer and will have a little less spin than the Blues. We recommend you trying the Urethane Double Pack, so you can test them both out and figure out which one you prefer.

https://www.cutgolfc...ves/double-pack
thank you. Will do

26

#87 Optimus-Par

Optimus-Par

    Transform, and roll putts.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 70639
  • Joined: 12/11/2008
  • Location:White Marsh, MD
GolfWRX Likes : 201

Posted 09 April 2018 - 08:42 AM

I was lucky enough to win the giveaway and got the 4-color trial pack as well as a full dozen of the grey and a hat (Thanks Cut and WRX!!).  I decided to go with the grey because it seemed to be the most similar to the balls that I played last season and had success with, the Chrome Soft and TM RBZ-Urethane.

First, the hat - I went with the Lights Out Performance Mesh.  Love it!  I like the logo and minimalist look.  No wording on the back or sides.  The brim formed nice, as I do not get along with the flat-brim look.  My only complaint, and I wouldn't even call it that, is that I wished they came in size options.  With the one-size-fits-most, I am in the last hole of the snap-back.

Now for the ball, but only the Grey -  I went to Myrtle Beach this past week and played 81 holes in 72 hours and decided to just take the grey with me so that I could give it my full attention, so to speak.  I didn't want to go back and forth between any two and cloud my mind with extra thoughts.  Like others have mentioned, I noticed the sheen or coloration that makes it look like a cheaper ball.  After a few shots though, I was used to it and it was not a factor or deterrent.  For me, off the tee, I saw performance very similar to the Chrome Soft.  I have a driver swing speed of about 106-108 and when I am off, side spin creeps in on my drives.  I would say that I was swinging pretty good and the Cut did a great job of holding its line even though we had a few windy days.  Distance-wise I did not see any more or less than what I am used to.  As for approach shots with the grey, they were exactly what I was looking for.  I have a steep angle of attack and can put some spin on the ball but I don't like to spin them back.  I like one or two hops and stop, and that is exactly what the grey gave me.  Chipping was the same way.  I use a 58 degree wedge around the greens and I got consistent, predictable performance whether I was laying the blade open and flopping or putting the ball back in my stance for more of a bump and run.  A highly underrated feature of the ball, the sight-line on the side was perfect for lining up putts.  It felt soft and solid all at the same time off of my SeeMore Giant M1t putter, if that makes sense.  Not clicky at all.

All in all, I enjoyed the Cut Grey and would certainly purchase it if I had not won the giveaway.  It was a great ball.  I will give the Blue a try in the coming weeks....
~ What's in my bag is more than meets the eye ~

27

#88 Cut Golf

Cut Golf

    Member

  • Sponsors
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 490774
  • Joined: 01/11/2018
  • Location:Costa Mesa, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 44

Posted 12 April 2018 - 01:00 PM

 Optimus-Par, on 09 April 2018 - 08:42 AM, said:

I was lucky enough to win the giveaway and got the 4-color trial pack as well as a full dozen of the grey and a hat (Thanks Cut and WRX!!).  I decided to go with the grey because it seemed to be the most similar to the balls that I played last season and had success with, the Chrome Soft and TM RBZ-Urethane.

First, the hat - I went with the Lights Out Performance Mesh.  Love it!  I like the logo and minimalist look.  No wording on the back or sides.  The brim formed nice, as I do not get along with the flat-brim look.  My only complaint, and I wouldn't even call it that, is that I wished they came in size options.  With the one-size-fits-most, I am in the last hole of the snap-back.

Now for the ball, but only the Grey -  I went to Myrtle Beach this past week and played 81 holes in 72 hours and decided to just take the grey with me so that I could give it my full attention, so to speak.  I didn't want to go back and forth between any two and cloud my mind with extra thoughts.  Like others have mentioned, I noticed the sheen or coloration that makes it look like a cheaper ball.  After a few shots though, I was used to it and it was not a factor or deterrent.  For me, off the tee, I saw performance very similar to the Chrome Soft.  I have a driver swing speed of about 106-108 and when I am off, side spin creeps in on my drives.  I would say that I was swinging pretty good and the Cut did a great job of holding its line even though we had a few windy days.  Distance-wise I did not see any more or less than what I am used to.  As for approach shots with the grey, they were exactly what I was looking for.  I have a steep angle of attack and can put some spin on the ball but I don't like to spin them back.  I like one or two hops and stop, and that is exactly what the grey gave me.  Chipping was the same way.  I use a 58 degree wedge around the greens and I got consistent, predictable performance whether I was laying the blade open and flopping or putting the ball back in my stance for more of a bump and run.  A highly underrated feature of the ball, the sight-line on the side was perfect for lining up putts.  It felt soft and solid all at the same time off of my SeeMore Giant M1t putter, if that makes sense.  Not clicky at all.

All in all, I enjoyed the Cut Grey and would certainly purchase it if I had not won the giveaway.  It was a great ball.  I will give the Blue a try in the coming weeks....

Thanks for the feedback!

28

#89 diablocrusher

diablocrusher

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 178350
  • Joined: 05/01/2012
  • Location:Pittsburgh
  • Handicap:6.5
GolfWRX Likes : 98

Posted 13 April 2018 - 01:40 PM

I finally got to try out my Cut Blue and Grey sleeves on Wednesday.  Also let me preface my thoughts about the balls by saying when I played on Wednesday in Pittsburgh, it was roughly 46-50 degrees out.  It was windy, and not a nice day for golf, but it was nice to finally get outside.

Overall I thought they were solid balls, and as others have pointed it, the "sheen" on them does make them stand out from other balls.  The sheen on the cover didn't bother me any, and after a hole or two you don't even notice it.  The large line on the side of the ball I think is great for lining up putts.  The line on the ball, and the line on my putter complement each other nicely.  I thought the durability of the balls were good as well, I played the front 9 with the Grey, and the back 9 with the Blue version.

Hitting the balls I thought the 4U (Blue) version felt nicer on full shots, and spun a little more around the greens.  I did not have any issues with the Grey around the greens, but just thought the Blue spun a tad more.  As I said in my opening, it was a cold and windy day when I played, but I thought both the Blue and Grey launched really high, and did not do well in the wind.  Again, this could of been more a combo of me, and the weather, but I felt I was losing significant distance using the Cut balls compared to other 4 piece balls.  On one hole in particular, I was using the Cut Blue ball from about 170-175 out and hit a pretty solid 7i and the ball landed about 5-10 yards in front of the green.  Now the wind was blowing, but just for the hell of it I dropped a ProV down and hit the same 7i with another solid strike, and the ProV landed at least 10yrds ahead of the Cut ball.

I still have another sleeve each of the Blue and Grey balls and plan on trying them out again when the weather gets nicer to see if the results are the same.
Driver - Cobra King F6
3 wood - Diablo Octane Tour
Hybrid - Callaway XR Pro
Irons 3-PW - Mizuno MP54
Wedges - Vokey SM6 50, 54, 58
Putter - Yes! Callie

29

#90 theedge27

theedge27

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 396546
  • Joined: 09/19/2015
  • Location:Pittsburgh
GolfWRX Likes : 166

Posted 13 April 2018 - 02:20 PM

 diablocrusher, on 13 April 2018 - 01:40 PM, said:

I finally got to try out my Cut Blue and Grey sleeves on Wednesday.  Also let me preface my thoughts about the balls by saying when I played on Wednesday in Pittsburgh, it was roughly 46-50 degrees out.  It was windy, and not a nice day for golf, but it was nice to finally get outside.

Overall I thought they were solid balls, and as others have pointed it, the "sheen" on them does make them stand out from other balls.  The sheen on the cover didn't bother me any, and after a hole or two you don't even notice it.  The large line on the side of the ball I think is great for lining up putts.  The line on the ball, and the line on my putter complement each other nicely.  I thought the durability of the balls were good as well, I played the front 9 with the Grey, and the back 9 with the Blue version.

Hitting the balls I thought the 4U (Blue) version felt nicer on full shots, and spun a little more around the greens.  I did not have any issues with the Grey around the greens, but just thought the Blue spun a tad more.  As I said in my opening, it was a cold and windy day when I played, but I thought both the Blue and Grey launched really high, and did not do well in the wind.  Again, this could of been more a combo of me, and the weather, but I felt I was losing significant distance using the Cut balls compared to other 4 piece balls.  On one hole in particular, I was using the Cut Blue ball from about 170-175 out and hit a pretty solid 7i and the ball landed about 5-10 yards in front of the green.  Now the wind was blowing, but just for the hell of it I dropped a ProV down and hit the same 7i with another solid strike, and the ProV landed at least 10yrds ahead of the Cut ball.

I still have another sleeve each of the Blue and Grey balls and plan on trying them out again when the weather gets nicer to see if the results are the same.

What course?


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors