Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

How many of you have other Hobbies?

Hunt fish

67 replies to this topic

#61 Mr. Wolfe

Mr. Wolfe

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 101984
  • Handicap:9.4
GolfWRX Likes : 133

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:32 AM

Yes, I should add poker and cooking to my hobbies. Club-making is something that I am just beginning to dabble with.

Mr. Wolfe

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#62 thug the bunny

thug the bunny

We are spirits in a material world

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 251822
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 12652

Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:44 PM

View PostJerseyBoy, on 30 January 2018 - 01:54 PM, said:

Hobby wise, I'm a musician first. Been playing an instrument of some kind since I was 4. Been playing guitar for 27 years and it is my passion.

I paint Table Top Wargaming miniatures as well. Warhammer 40K, Age of Sigmar and Infinity miniatures mostly.

I used to fly RC Helicopters, but really, you crash them more than fly them. It was soul crushing to see those beautiful machines go up into a million pieces. So I stopped. No matter how good you are at it, you will crash.

I also dabble in Videogames and PC games. Not really a hobby at this point as I play for awhile and then get bored.

Haha, I used to fly RC planes when I was young - gliders and props. I remember being at our club's airfield and when someone fired up a helo everyone would pause and watch, especially if they weren't using the big safety skids. You always pulled for the pilot, but I saw plenty of beautiful machines end up in splinters. I always kind of wondered why these guys were putting all that time and money into that type of RC flying.
The absolute perfection of existence, life, and aesthetic beauty is the work not only of evolution but of a powerful being.

#63 Conrad1953

Conrad1953

Hotel California Escapee

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,950 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66402
  • Handicap:9
  • Ebay ID:cobicreations
GolfWRX Likes : 45869

Posted 07 February 2018 - 02:15 AM

View PostUSAF Retired E7, on 04 February 2018 - 11:16 AM, said:

I also enjoy crossbow shooting and whitetail deer hunting. My Scorpyd Orion is a beast.

Also, I have a Rectec pellet smoker that I love trying new rubs and techniques on different meats.

It's so late, been a long day and I'm so tired....at first glance I thought you wrote you had a rectal pellet
smoker and I was thinking.........that can't be right and I reread it......glad you're not smoking rectal pellets.
Ping G25 10.5 degree w/PL Blue 65S
Ping G15 4 wood w/PL Blue 65S
Ping G10 18 and 21 Hybrids w PL Blue HY S
Ping S58 Irons 4-P with Ping AWT R
Ping Gorge Wedges 52 and 58 w/CFS Wedge  
   Odyssey White Hot Tour #1

Member #3---------Outlaw Golf Association
   Non Physics Geezer Division

#64 JerseyBoy

JerseyBoy

Tour Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 575 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 482144
GolfWRX Likes : 481

Posted 07 February 2018 - 11:35 AM

View Postthug the bunny, on 06 February 2018 - 11:44 PM, said:

Haha, I used to fly RC planes when I was young - gliders and props. I remember being at our club's airfield and when someone fired up a helo everyone would pause and watch, especially if they weren't using the big safety skids. You always pulled for the pilot, but I saw plenty of beautiful machines end up in splinters. I always kind of wondered why these guys were putting all that time and money into that type of RC flying.

It's a HUGE adrenaline rush flying those things. I was getting pretty good at it, but the cost was just too high. Every crash was at least $200 in parts and hours in repairs. And you crash almost every time you go out if you are trying to improve your skills.

#65 schley

schley

Love ya don't tell ya enough!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 58583
  • Handicap:12.3
GolfWRX Likes : 118

Posted 18 February 2018 - 09:17 AM

I also enjoy playing my home course Augusta National from labor day til April.

#66 QuickFeet

QuickFeet

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68520
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 861

Posted 15 May 2018 - 04:34 PM

Oh no.....have a new activity; Run and Gun!  Definitely going to cut into my practice and playing time for golf.  Haven't really touched a club since early December.

A "Run and Gun" is a similar in spirit to an Olympic biathlon by combining both physical fitness and target shooting combines. The major difference is that in a Run and Gun there is no skiing; competitors run or walk as desired, a course that may be 3.5 to 7 miles in length.  Run and Gun competitions are most often two-gun events utilizing a center-fire rifle and pistol to complete the shooting stages that are setup along the course. Competitors are generally required to carry all equipment that may be needed with them over the entire course, including water.

Did my first event a couple of weeks ago, Waco Tactical Fitness.  Finished 30th out of 71 that entered the 3.5 mile event on Sunday.

https://www.wtfbiathlon.com/

Very challenging and loads of fun!  Next event is mid June and I believe I'm hooked.

Attached Thumbnails

• WTF Sunday Sprint 2018.jpg

Edited by QuickFeet, 15 May 2018 - 04:34 PM.

TaylorMade M2 10.5o / Matrix White Tie 50X4 R
Nike Vr Pro 5W / UST VTS 7R Silver
Callaway Apex 3/20o / UST Recoil 760 ES F3
Callaway Apex 4/23o / UST Recoil 760 ES F3
Nike Covert Forged 4-PW / UST Recoil 95 F3
Nike Engage 58 Wedge / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby 54 M Series + Wedge / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Vr Forged 50 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Nike Origin B2-01
Nike RZN Tour Black

#67 masyankees

masyankees

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138903
GolfWRX Likes : 56

Posted 17 May 2018 - 11:27 AM

For me it's downhill skiing, flag football, craft beer, table tennis, board games, and I just starting road biking.

I've gotten injured a couple times over the past 2 years playing flag football (broken finger and broken collarbone), so that has interfered with most other activities. I might have to give it up if it keeps getting in the way of everything else.

#68 2putttom

2putttom

# 1 Oregon Duck fan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,209 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 177144
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 4548

Posted 17 May 2018 - 01:29 PM

View PostQuickFeet, on 15 May 2018 - 04:34 PM, said:

Oh no.....have a new activity; Run and Gun!  Definitely going to cut into my practice and playing time for golf.  Haven't really touched a club since early December.

A "Run and Gun" is a similar in spirit to an Olympic biathlon by combining both physical fitness and target shooting combines. The major difference is that in a Run and Gun there is no skiing; competitors run or walk as desired, a course that may be 3.5 to 7 miles in length.  Run and Gun competitions are most often two-gun events utilizing a center-fire rifle and pistol to complete the shooting stages that are setup along the course. Competitors are generally required to carry all equipment that may be needed with them over the entire course, including water.

Did my first event a couple of weeks ago, Waco Tactical Fitness.  Finished 30th out of 71 that entered the 3.5 mile event on Sunday.

https://www.wtfbiathlon.com/

Very challenging and loads of fun!  Next event is mid June and I believe I'm hooked.
I'll keep you in mind as a potential buddy when the zombie apocalypse happens
Tour Exotics E 10 15*
Adams CMB 4-6  MB2's 7-9 1 more season
Mizuno Mp 4 52 MP T7 56 &60
Bobby Grace Jericho II Tour S Bend
Oregon Ducks Bag

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors