Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

How many of you have other Hobbies?

Hunt fish

83 replies to this topic

#31 Conrad1953

Conrad1953

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,118 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66402
  • Joined: 09/24/2008
  • Location:Alabama
  • Ebay ID:cobicreations
GolfWRX Likes : 49240

Posted 29 January 2018 - 10:33 PM

Have many "former" hobbies as a geezer. These days just golf and when I retire later this year; start
spending more time with my piano. I once had a passion for it and after all these years of rarely touching
one, have found the flame never burned out completely....and now has returned; burning brightly.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 mshills

mshills

    Consistently inconsistent.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,347 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139083
  • Joined: 09/13/2011
  • Location:Morris County, NJ
  • Handicap:11
GolfWRX Likes : 1042

Posted 30 January 2018 - 07:56 AM

Man, I don't know how some of you folks do it!  I hardly get to play golf any more, let alone other hobbies, but at other points in my life I have been similarly passionate about:

- Freshwater and in-shore saltwater fishing
- Sporting Clays
- Tinkering around with older, interesting cars
- Home improvement
- Gourmet cooking
- Barbecue

This season in my life revolves around Son #1's basketball and Son #2 wrestling.  Plus work work work work and more work.  I do have time to cook one pretty awesome meal per week, but that's about it!
Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 8 deg
TEE E8 Beta 16.5 deg
Callaway Big Bertha V Series Heavenwood
TEE CB Pro 3h 21 deg
Ping ISI BeCu 4i - S2
OG Ping Eye 2 BeCu LW
Dave Curry Big Oak custom center shaft
Custom Eliott carry bag, waxed canvas and leather

2

#33 Fellaheen51

Fellaheen51

    Go Green

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 284154
  • Joined: 11/14/2013
  • Location:Michigan
GolfWRX Likes : 14601

Posted 30 January 2018 - 07:57 AM

Besides playing at golf?  Once did a lot of fishing.  Something that I plan on reengaging with this year.  It's a lot whole lot less expensive than golf.  

Enjoy gardening, have had a vegetable garden forever.  Specialize in some degree growing esoteric chile pepper varietals.  One's you'll never find at the local grower/greenhouse, have to be grown from acquired seed.  Then turning the yields into homemade hot sauces and powders.  7-Pot Barrackpore anyone?  It will melt your face off.
Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

3

#34 lobstah

lobstah

    Old Faht

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 237575
  • Joined: 03/14/2013
  • Location:Seal Cove, Maine
  • Handicap:7
GolfWRX Likes : 2160

Posted 30 January 2018 - 08:58 AM

I play semi- competetive ping pong...you'd be surprised how much of a workout you get.

4

#35 moegolfer11

moegolfer11

    steal your face right off your head

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 75212
  • Joined: 02/13/2009
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 592

Posted 30 January 2018 - 09:55 AM

Fishing, camping & hikng, trap & skeet, recently just got into archery and picked up a Hoyt Carbon Defiant, I find I get more of a focus and rush by shooting an arrow than shooting a gun. Sounds strange but it's very meditative and much quieter.

Taylormade M2 10.5° Graphite Design AD-BB 7x
Titleist 913 FD 15° Diamana 'Ahina 70x
Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron Accra 110i
Titleist 716 MB 4-PW Project X 6.0
Vokey Jet Black SM7 52°  56°  60° S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx
Scotty Cameron Newport Teryllium Sole Stamp

5

#36 blaird

blaird

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63801
  • Joined: 08/21/2008
  • Location:Biloxi, MS
GolfWRX Likes : 495

Posted 30 January 2018 - 11:44 AM

Ha I have tried other hobbies but nothing has stuck..

- started a tennis team with guys from my club and played a couple different leagues but it fell apart...I really enjoyed this and wish we could start it back up

- played a lot of guitar when I was in college and for a year or two when I got out but hardly pick them up anymore

- got into guns for a bit, have a few, but its fairly expensive to go to the range to shoot and the nearest range is like a 30 min drive (really wish I had the funds to dive deeper into this)

Does binge watching tv/netflix count?? Drinking beer and watching a ball game??

Weird living on the gulf coast with water all around fresh and salt and I have never gotten into fishing. Have a group of friends that go out to the islands on Sundays during the summer but I never wanna go, would rather get a good money game.

6

#37 hammy83

hammy83

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 136777
  • Joined: 08/17/2011
  • Location:Ontario
GolfWRX Likes : 1254

Posted 30 January 2018 - 12:13 PM

with the cost of beer being so much in Ontario Canada.... I have started brewing my own.  I'm really new to it but wow is it ever fun.  If you dont pay attention to costs... they can add up quickly.

7

#38 tocino

tocino

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 150197
  • Joined: 12/06/2011
  • Location:Bay Area, California
GolfWRX Likes : 333

Posted 30 January 2018 - 01:35 PM

View Posthammy83, on 30 January 2018 - 12:13 PM, said:

with the cost of beer being so much in Ontario Canada.... I have started brewing my own.  I'm really new to it but wow is it ever fun. If you dont pay attention to costs... they can add up quickly.

That's true of any hobby =P

I have/had a bunch of hobbies... now with 4 kids it's a little hard to find time for myself to do any of it. I don't even play golf as much as I would like anymore... probably a round every couple months down from twice a week before my 3 and 1 year olds were born. Past hobbies include:
  • motocycles
  • Arcade game collecting
  • PC Gaming
  • rec league basketball
  • bowling
  • photography
  • poker

Edited by tocino, 30 January 2018 - 01:37 PM.


8

#39 JerseyBoy

JerseyBoy

    Tour Winner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 482144
  • Joined: 09/18/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 481

Posted 30 January 2018 - 01:54 PM

Hobby wise, I'm a musician first. Been playing an instrument of some kind since I was 4. Been playing guitar for 27 years and it is my passion.

I paint Table Top Wargaming miniatures as well. Warhammer 40K, Age of Sigmar and Infinity miniatures mostly.

I used to fly RC Helicopters, but really, you crash them more than fly them. It was soul crushing to see those beautiful machines go up into a million pieces. So I stopped. No matter how good you are at it, you will crash.

I also dabble in Videogames and PC games. Not really a hobby at this point as I play for awhile and then get bored.

9

#40 blaird

blaird

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63801
  • Joined: 08/21/2008
  • Location:Biloxi, MS
GolfWRX Likes : 495

Posted 30 January 2018 - 03:03 PM

View Posttocino, on 30 January 2018 - 01:35 PM, said:

View Posthammy83, on 30 January 2018 - 12:13 PM, said:

with the cost of beer being so much in Ontario Canada.... I have started brewing my own.  I'm really new to it but wow is it ever fun. If you dont pay attention to costs... they can add up quickly.

That's true of any hobby =P

I have/had a bunch of hobbies... now with 4 kids it's a little hard to find time for myself to do any of it. I don't even play golf as much as I would like anymore... probably a round every couple months down from twice a week before my 3 and 1 year olds were born. Past hobbies include:
  • motocycles
  • Arcade game collecting
  • PC Gaming
  • rec league basketball
  • bowling
  • photography
  • poker

Arcade game collecting would be cool. I would love to have a room with arcade games from my childhood...Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, Cruisin USA, Area 51, Pac Man...that would be cool!!


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#41 JerseyBoy

JerseyBoy

    Tour Winner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 482144
  • Joined: 09/18/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 481

Posted 30 January 2018 - 03:25 PM

View Postblaird, on 30 January 2018 - 03:03 PM, said:

View Posttocino, on 30 January 2018 - 01:35 PM, said:

View Posthammy83, on 30 January 2018 - 12:13 PM, said:

with the cost of beer being so much in Ontario Canada.... I have started brewing my own.  I'm really new to it but wow is it ever fun. If you dont pay attention to costs... they can add up quickly.

That's true of any hobby =P

I have/had a bunch of hobbies... now with 4 kids it's a little hard to find time for myself to do any of it. I don't even play golf as much as I would like anymore... probably a round every couple months down from twice a week before my 3 and 1 year olds were born. Past hobbies include:
  • motocycles
  • Arcade game collecting
  • PC Gaming
  • rec league basketball
  • bowling
  • photography
  • poker

Arcade game collecting would be cool. I would love to have a room with arcade games from my childhood...Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, Cruisin USA, Area 51, Pac Man...that would be cool!!

One of my buddies does this. Has every console ever made with every game for each and also multiple arcade booths.

11

#42 Coheed

Coheed

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 123420
  • Joined: 03/02/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 104

Posted 30 January 2018 - 08:02 PM

Music for me. Started drumming and playing guitar in my early teens and still play now (except drums).
Lately Iíve been researching how to build guitar effects pedals and amplifiers.
I think Iím going to try my hand at a builds to see how I like it.
Titleist 910 D3 7.5* w/ GD AD DI 6 stiff
Titleist 915 FD 15* w/ Fujikura Rombax P95 stiff
Titleist 910 F 19* w/ Fujikura Rombax P95 stiff
Mizuno MP 15 4-PW w/ Modus 3 Tour 125X ssx1
Titleist Vokey SM5 52* F w/ Modus 3 Tour 125X ssx1
Titleist Vokey TVD 56* w/ Modus 3 Tour 125X ssx1
Titleist Vokey SM6 60* S w/ Modus 3 Tour 125X ssx1
Piretti Matera Rev 2.0

12

#43 Rob G 89

Rob G 89

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 249774
  • Joined: 05/09/2013
  • Location:Sparks, NV
  • Ebay ID:Robgiancola89
GolfWRX Likes : 245

Posted 31 January 2018 - 01:03 AM

Weight lifting, golf and slot machines only thing I do. Trying to quit the slot machines. I think I have ADD as anything I do requires constant motion and thinking.

13

#44 Mr. Wolfe

Mr. Wolfe

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 101984
  • Joined: 01/14/2010
  • Handicap:9.4
GolfWRX Likes : 135

Posted 31 January 2018 - 01:45 PM

Great thread. Aside from golf, I am mostly into cars, roasting coffee, and sipping scotch. Though, I guess the last 2 would be interests, not hobbies.

As far as cars, I currently own a 2006 BMW M3 Competition Package (6MT) and a 1987 BMW e30 with a V8 swap (BMW M62). I am currently in the market for a Porsche air-cooled, hopefully a 964.

Mr. Wolfe

14

#45 moegolfer11

moegolfer11

    steal your face right off your head

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 75212
  • Joined: 02/13/2009
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 592

Posted 31 January 2018 - 02:26 PM

View PostMr. Wolfe, on 31 January 2018 - 01:45 PM, said:

Great thread. Aside from golf, I am mostly into cars, roasting coffee, and sipping scotch. Though, I guess the last 2 would be interests, not hobbies.

As far as cars, I currently own a 2006 BMW M3 Competition Package (6MT) and a 1987 BMW e30 with a V8 swap (BMW M62). I am currently in the market for a Porsche air-cooled, hopefully a 964.

Mr. Wolfe

Seeing as I can tell you are also a car guy, check out Petrolicious.com their content is the absolute best outside of Top Gear and Grand Tour.

Taylormade M2 10.5° Graphite Design AD-BB 7x
Titleist 913 FD 15° Diamana 'Ahina 70x
Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron Accra 110i
Titleist 716 MB 4-PW Project X 6.0
Vokey Jet Black SM7 52°  56°  60° S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx
Scotty Cameron Newport Teryllium Sole Stamp

15

#46 Mr. Wolfe

Mr. Wolfe

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 101984
  • Joined: 01/14/2010
  • Handicap:9.4
GolfWRX Likes : 135

Posted 31 January 2018 - 03:53 PM

View Postmoegolfer11, on 31 January 2018 - 02:26 PM, said:

View PostMr. Wolfe, on 31 January 2018 - 01:45 PM, said:

Great thread. Aside from golf, I am mostly into cars, roasting coffee, and sipping scotch. Though, I guess the last 2 would be interests, not hobbies.

As far as cars, I currently own a 2006 BMW M3 Competition Package (6MT) and a 1987 BMW e30 with a V8 swap (BMW M62). I am currently in the market for a Porsche air-cooled, hopefully a 964.

Mr. Wolfe

Seeing as I can tell you are also a car guy, check out Petrolicious.com their content is the absolute best outside of Top Gear and Grand Tour.

I have dabbled on Petrolicious and it is a great website. I will check it out again this evening. I frequent m3forum.net, r3vlimited.com, and pelicanparts.com most often.

Mr. Wolfe

16

#47 onetime19

onetime19

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122469
  • Joined: 02/17/2011
  • Location:Lantana TX
GolfWRX Likes : 68

Posted 31 January 2018 - 04:12 PM

I hunt, fish, and golf and pretty much everything that's associated with each. I sometimes will launch my boat and fish from 5am to about 8am then head to the course. If I'm real lucky I can pull the trifecta, fish early am, golf mid morning, afternoon hunt.

17

#48 2putttom

2putttom

    # 1 Oregon Duck fan

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,225 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 177144
  • Joined: 04/24/2012
  • Location:N.California, LInks @ Bodega Bay
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 5318

Posted 31 January 2018 - 04:32 PM

Posted Image I moon lite as a door man at an upscale Scottish strip Club
Tour Exotics E 10 15*
Srixon 785's  w/G P MCC plus 4
Mizuno T 7 52 MP T7 56 &60
Bobby Grace SNYPER II   46"
Oregon Ducks Bag

18

#49 jackzhang

jackzhang

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 364789
  • Joined: 03/03/2015
  • Location:Canada
  • Handicap:15
  • Ebay ID:duoduo1388
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 02 February 2018 - 03:48 AM

Fishing

19

#50 schley

schley

    Love ya don't tell ya enough!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 58583
  • Joined: 06/22/2008
  • Location:Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
  • Handicap:12.3
GolfWRX Likes : 272

Posted 02 February 2018 - 04:03 AM

Gambling (poker, blackjack)
Scuba diving (although it has been a few years)
traveling
Strata matic NFL football!


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#51 USAF Retired E7

USAF Retired E7

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 381628
  • Joined: 06/20/2015
  • Location:Racine, WI
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 156

Posted 04 February 2018 - 11:16 AM

I also enjoy crossbow shooting and whitetail deer hunting. My Scorpyd Orion is a beast.

Also, I have a Rectec pellet smoker that I love trying new rubs and techniques on different meats.

Attached Thumbnails

  • Scorpyd.jpg
  • Rectec.jpg

M2 Driver, 16 Degree and 19 degree
PXG 0311 4-Pw
Vokey 50 and 56
Scotty Cameron Newport 2

21

#52 BillsPride12

BillsPride12

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 283442
  • Joined: 11/09/2013
  • Location:Western New York
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 04 February 2018 - 12:52 PM

I'm a big sports fan so I enjoy just following the NFL, NHL, and NBA.  I live in the Buffalo area and have season tickets for the Bills and I also like to travel so me and my buddies go see the Bills play a road game in a different city every year.  I wish I did more activities outside of golf(I go to the gym pretty consistently but I don't consider that a hobby more so as just something I do to try to take care of my body).  One of the things I would like to get into in the future is snowmobiling so it would give me something to do in the cold, boring winter Western New York months.

22

#53 Mr. Wolfe

Mr. Wolfe

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 101984
  • Joined: 01/14/2010
  • Handicap:9.4
GolfWRX Likes : 135

Posted 04 February 2018 - 12:59 PM

View PostBillsPride12, on 04 February 2018 - 12:52 PM, said:

I'm a big sports fan so I enjoy just following the NFL, NHL, and NBA.  I live in the Buffalo area and have season tickets for the Bills and I also like to travel so me and my buddies go see the Bills play a road game in a different city every year.  I wish I did more activities outside of golf(I go to the gym pretty consistently but I don't consider that a hobby more so as just something I do to try to take care of my body).  One of the things I would like to get into in the future is snowmobiling so it would give me something to do in the cold, boring winter Western New York months.

I am the same with following the NFL and NHL. These long Pittsburgh winter months just cause me to spend money on golf stuff...

Mr. Wolfe

23

#54 BillsPride12

BillsPride12

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 283442
  • Joined: 11/09/2013
  • Location:Western New York
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 04 February 2018 - 01:04 PM

View PostMr. Wolfe, on 04 February 2018 - 12:59 PM, said:

View PostBillsPride12, on 04 February 2018 - 12:52 PM, said:

I'm a big sports fan so I enjoy just following the NFL, NHL, and NBA.  I live in the Buffalo area and have season tickets for the Bills and I also like to travel so me and my buddies go see the Bills play a road game in a different city every year.  I wish I did more activities outside of golf(I go to the gym pretty consistently but I don't consider that a hobby more so as just something I do to try to take care of my body).  One of the things I would like to get into in the future is snowmobiling so it would give me something to do in the cold, boring winter Western New York months.

I am the same with following the NFL and NHL. These long Pittsburgh winter months just cause me to spend money on golf stuff...

Mr. Wolfe

I was the same way for a few years buying new clubs, and equipment during the Winter offseason but then I reached a point where I don't need anything now so at least I've been able to save a few bucks this Winter lol

P.S. I did a weekend getaway in Pittsburgh back in December and had a great time, fun city!

24

#55 Mr. Wolfe

Mr. Wolfe

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 101984
  • Joined: 01/14/2010
  • Handicap:9.4
GolfWRX Likes : 135

Posted 04 February 2018 - 01:42 PM

View PostBillsPride12, on 04 February 2018 - 01:04 PM, said:

View PostMr. Wolfe, on 04 February 2018 - 12:59 PM, said:

View PostBillsPride12, on 04 February 2018 - 12:52 PM, said:

I'm a big sports fan so I enjoy just following the NFL, NHL, and NBA.  I live in the Buffalo area and have season tickets for the Bills and I also like to travel so me and my buddies go see the Bills play a road game in a different city every year.  I wish I did more activities outside of golf(I go to the gym pretty consistently but I don't consider that a hobby more so as just something I do to try to take care of my body).  One of the things I would like to get into in the future is snowmobiling so it would give me something to do in the cold, boring winter Western New York months.

I am the same with following the NFL and NHL. These long Pittsburgh winter months just cause me to spend money on golf stuff...

Mr. Wolfe

I was the same way for a few years buying new clubs, and equipment during the Winter offseason but then I reached a point where I don't need anything now so at least I've been able to save a few bucks this Winter lol

P.S. I did a weekend getaway in Pittsburgh back in December and had a great time, fun city!

The sad thing is, I don't need anything either... I do have a golf trip coming up to Pawley's Island at the end of the month so I have that to look forward to.

Nice, what did you do in Pitt?

Mr. Wolfe


25

#56 Animal Chin

Animal Chin

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 101025
  • Joined: 12/29/2009
  • Location:little rock
  • Ebay ID:juleswinnfield0
GolfWRX Likes : 89

Posted 04 February 2018 - 01:53 PM

Fishing.  Lots of fishing.

Also shooting.  I'm building a precision .260 right now.

26

#57 BillsPride12

BillsPride12

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 283442
  • Joined: 11/09/2013
  • Location:Western New York
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 04 February 2018 - 01:57 PM

View PostMr. Wolfe, on 04 February 2018 - 01:42 PM, said:

View PostBillsPride12, on 04 February 2018 - 01:04 PM, said:

View PostMr. Wolfe, on 04 February 2018 - 12:59 PM, said:

View PostBillsPride12, on 04 February 2018 - 12:52 PM, said:

I'm a big sports fan so I enjoy just following the NFL, NHL, and NBA.  I live in the Buffalo area and have season tickets for the Bills and I also like to travel so me and my buddies go see the Bills play a road game in a different city every year.  I wish I did more activities outside of golf(I go to the gym pretty consistently but I don't consider that a hobby more so as just something I do to try to take care of my body).  One of the things I would like to get into in the future is snowmobiling so it would give me something to do in the cold, boring winter Western New York months.

I am the same with following the NFL and NHL. These long Pittsburgh winter months just cause me to spend money on golf stuff...

Mr. Wolfe

I was the same way for a few years buying new clubs, and equipment during the Winter offseason but then I reached a point where I don't need anything now so at least I've been able to save a few bucks this Winter lol

P.S. I did a weekend getaway in Pittsburgh back in December and had a great time, fun city!

The sad thing is, I don't need anything either... I do have a golf trip coming up to Pawley's Island at the end of the month so I have that to look forward to.

Nice, what did you do in Pitt?

Mr. Wolfe

Went down to see the Sabres play the Penguins so outside of seeing the Sabres get embarrassed we went to Churchworks, Primanti Bros, Carson City Saloon for dinner one night, went down to the market area and did a little barhopping to a bunch of places

27

#58 Mr. Wolfe

Mr. Wolfe

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 101984
  • Joined: 01/14/2010
  • Handicap:9.4
GolfWRX Likes : 135

Posted 04 February 2018 - 05:41 PM

View PostBillsPride12, on 04 February 2018 - 01:57 PM, said:

View PostMr. Wolfe, on 04 February 2018 - 01:42 PM, said:

View PostBillsPride12, on 04 February 2018 - 01:04 PM, said:

View PostMr. Wolfe, on 04 February 2018 - 12:59 PM, said:

View PostBillsPride12, on 04 February 2018 - 12:52 PM, said:

I'm a big sports fan so I enjoy just following the NFL, NHL, and NBA.  I live in the Buffalo area and have season tickets for the Bills and I also like to travel so me and my buddies go see the Bills play a road game in a different city every year.  I wish I did more activities outside of golf(I go to the gym pretty consistently but I don't consider that a hobby more so as just something I do to try to take care of my body).  One of the things I would like to get into in the future is snowmobiling so it would give me something to do in the cold, boring winter Western New York months.

I am the same with following the NFL and NHL. These long Pittsburgh winter months just cause me to spend money on golf stuff...

Mr. Wolfe

I was the same way for a few years buying new clubs, and equipment during the Winter offseason but then I reached a point where I don't need anything now so at least I've been able to save a few bucks this Winter lol

P.S. I did a weekend getaway in Pittsburgh back in December and had a great time, fun city!

The sad thing is, I don't need anything either... I do have a golf trip coming up to Pawley's Island at the end of the month so I have that to look forward to.

Nice, what did you do in Pitt?

Mr. Wolfe

Went down to see the Sabres play the Penguins so outside of seeing the Sabres get embarrassed we went to Churchworks, Primanti Bros, Carson City Saloon for dinner one night, went down to the market area and did a little barhopping to a bunch of places

Nice. I haven't been to a Pens game yet this year. Would like to get to at least one. I love checking out other cities, especially in the summertime when you can walk around without freezing your behind off!

Mr. Wolfe

28

#59 thug the bunny

thug the bunny

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,726 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 251822
  • Joined: 05/21/2013
  • Location:Jersey
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 13551

Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:17 PM

Sheesh, hiking, backpacking, camping, scuba diving, canoeing, kayaking, fishing, kayak fishing, cycling, tennis, guitar.  

So that's where all my money went... :swoon:
GOLF WRX has become a contentious, despotic website where trolls abound and free exchange of ideas is suppressed.

29

#60 mjen43

mjen43

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119001
  • Joined: 12/16/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 1015

Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:58 AM

I like poker. Itís easy to learn and hard to master. You can go infinitely deep into it if you want to, or not, and the competitive + social aspect makes it very fun to play.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors