Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Jones Utility Rover Bag 2018


59 replies to this topic

#31 Steelhead

Steelhead

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 753 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3852
  • Joined: 07/29/2005
  • Location:PNW
  • Ebay ID:Runwild
GolfWRX Likes : 244

Posted 10 July 2018 - 10:54 AM

View Postbyflow2, on 10 July 2018 - 10:30 AM, said:

View PostSteelhead, on 08 July 2018 - 02:43 AM, said:

Rover bag quick take.
Pros:
* 2+ lbs lighter than Utility bag.
* holds 14 clubs easily with no grabbing
* has all the pockets of the utility bag meaning: we can be ocd in organizing our stuff. Range tokens in this pocket, wallet/keys here, balls here, tees ...well just don't load it up or you may defeat the purpose.
* double straps are comfy, easy carry.
* looks great.
* always positive comments on all my Jones bags and this one is no exception.

Cons:
* being so purdy with no legs, I hate to lay this one down.  A classic like the players series is meant to hit the ground. This one I found myself at times wanting to prop it up on something.
* you can easily overload it
* made me wish that my Greyson Utility bag was this light ( guess that'd be a SM2.5+ but they are so homely IMHO)

If you don't mind carrying a light, good looking modern bag, I would not hesitate to get one!
Attachment 799D69A9-A263-4201-9DEF-FDDEEA47D262.jpeg
awesome, thanks for the review. Do you find yourself using the two straps apposed to just single strapping it?
After using my players series it took a few holes before I realized I had two straps :-).  The bag footprint and straps are similar to my utility bag ( which is obviously heavier) so, to have all those features built into the Rover was pleasant as I really like my Utility bag but appreciate less weight.

G400 Max - 9*
Ryoma F3 - 15*
Ping G400 - 19*
Titleist 718 AP1, 4 thru Gap
Titleist SM 7 - 52*, 58*
Scotty Cameron Fastback

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 byflow2

byflow2

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 460544
  • Joined: 03/25/2017
  • Location:Wisconsin
  • Handicap:11.2
  • Ebay ID:mkiuk879
GolfWRX Likes : 30

Posted 10 July 2018 - 11:34 AM

View PostSteelhead, on 10 July 2018 - 10:54 AM, said:

View Postbyflow2, on 10 July 2018 - 10:30 AM, said:

View PostSteelhead, on 08 July 2018 - 02:43 AM, said:

Rover bag quick take.
Pros:
* 2+ lbs lighter than Utility bag.
* holds 14 clubs easily with no grabbing
* has all the pockets of the utility bag meaning: we can be ocd in organizing our stuff. Range tokens in this pocket, wallet/keys here, balls here, tees ...well just don't load it up or you may defeat the purpose.
* double straps are comfy, easy carry.
* looks great.
* always positive comments on all my Jones bags and this one is no exception.

Cons:
* being so purdy with no legs, I hate to lay this one down.  A classic like the players series is meant to hit the ground. This one I found myself at times wanting to prop it up on something.
* you can easily overload it
* made me wish that my Greyson Utility bag was this light ( guess that'd be a SM2.5+ but they are so homely IMHO)

If you don't mind carrying a light, good looking modern bag, I would not hesitate to get one!
Attachment 799D69A9-A263-4201-9DEF-FDDEEA47D262.jpeg
awesome, thanks for the review. Do you find yourself using the two straps apposed to just single strapping it?
After using my players series it took a few holes before I realized I had two straps :-).  The bag footprint and straps are similar to my utility bag ( which is obviously heavier) so, to have all those features built into the Rover was pleasant as I really like my Utility bag but appreciate less weight.
ahh just need to sell my extra putter and my bag so I can get one.. was hoping for a 4th of July sale but that sadly didn't happen. Post some updates as you feel because I think you're the only one on the site with one!
Cobra Fly Z  9.5 Stock Stiff Shaft
Callaway XR 15* Project X 6.0
Cobra Utility 18* Aldia rouge 65g S
Srixon 565 4,5 - Srixon 6-PW Dynamic Gold AMT S300
Cleveland RTX2.0 52*
Cleveland RTX2.0 56*
Cleveland RTX2.0 60*
Bettinardi Queen Bee #9

2

#33 fore_life

fore_life

    Swung too hard, hit it too pure.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,429 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59484
  • Joined: 07/03/2008
  • Location:Gilbert,AZ
  • Handicap:40
GolfWRX Likes : 2213

Posted 14 July 2018 - 03:03 AM

Is the bag rigid or does it slouch? Tangle?
Adams Fast 12 Ls Ust 90x elements
TEE cb 16.5 Kuro Kage 80x proto
Titleist 21* H2 evenflow blue 6.5
718 tmb 4 iron
718 cb 5-pw amt x100 tour
Vokeys
Odyssey 7ch

Various other putters currently in the closet,
thinking about what they’ve done wrong,
and how they’ve hurt me so.

3

#34 Steelhead

Steelhead

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 753 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3852
  • Joined: 07/29/2005
  • Location:PNW
  • Ebay ID:Runwild
GolfWRX Likes : 244

Posted 14 July 2018 - 12:19 PM

View Postfore_life, on 14 July 2018 - 03:03 AM, said:

Is the bag rigid or does it slouch? Tangle?

Semi-rigid, a bit of slouching but not bothersome. Tangle is non existent with 14 clubs when compared to the Utility bag or ping.
G400 Max - 9*
Ryoma F3 - 15*
Ping G400 - 19*
Titleist 718 AP1, 4 thru Gap
Titleist SM 7 - 52*, 58*
Scotty Cameron Fastback

4

#35 fore_life

fore_life

    Swung too hard, hit it too pure.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,429 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59484
  • Joined: 07/03/2008
  • Location:Gilbert,AZ
  • Handicap:40
GolfWRX Likes : 2213

Posted 14 July 2018 - 06:14 PM

Awesome I appreciate that

Adams Fast 12 Ls Ust 90x elements
TEE cb 16.5 Kuro Kage 80x proto
Titleist 21* H2 evenflow blue 6.5
718 tmb 4 iron
718 cb 5-pw amt x100 tour
Vokeys
Odyssey 7ch

Various other putters currently in the closet,
thinking about what they’ve done wrong,
and how they’ve hurt me so.

5

#36 gioguy21

gioguy21

    Habitual Line Stepper

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,923 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 244071
  • Joined: 04/09/2013
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:+0.6
GolfWRX Likes : 3965

Posted 17 July 2018 - 09:43 AM

mine gets here on thursday -- can't wait. ordering a seamus cover too -- awesome look. nice review btw!!!!!

M3 460 10.5 / Diamana DF 70TX Tipped 1"

M4 3W / Diamana BF 90TX

P790 3I / Tensei Pro White Hybrid 90TX

MP18 MB 4I-PW /  CTaper Lite X

SM7 52 (8), 58 (8)  /  DG S200

MD3 Chrome 64 (8)  /  DG S200


Putters:

Piretti Tour Custom 801R / 35.5"

Custom Scotty Cameron Golo N5 / 35"


TP5x #1 "GIO"


6

#37 golfman009

golfman009

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 370447
  • Joined: 04/09/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 42

Posted 18 July 2018 - 01:46 AM

Can someone post some photos of their bag with their clubs in it? Like to see how crowded it is
Taylormade M2 9 Speeder X
Taylormade M1 15 AD DI 70x
Taylormade P790 UDI 17 PX Black 6.5
Wishon Sterling 4-9 X200
WIshon PCF Tour 48, 52, 56 & 60 S400
Yes! Tracy II

7

#38 gioguy21

gioguy21

    Habitual Line Stepper

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,923 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 244071
  • Joined: 04/09/2013
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:+0.6
GolfWRX Likes : 3965

Posted 18 July 2018 - 09:01 AM

View Postgolfman009, on 18 July 2018 - 01:46 AM, said:

Can someone post some photos of their bag with their clubs in it? Like to see how crowded it is
I'll take some tomorrow afternoon!

M3 460 10.5 / Diamana DF 70TX Tipped 1"

M4 3W / Diamana BF 90TX

P790 3I / Tensei Pro White Hybrid 90TX

MP18 MB 4I-PW /  CTaper Lite X

SM7 52 (8), 58 (8)  /  DG S200

MD3 Chrome 64 (8)  /  DG S200


Putters:

Piretti Tour Custom 801R / 35.5"

Custom Scotty Cameron Golo N5 / 35"


TP5x #1 "GIO"


8

#39 brew4eagle

brew4eagle

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12175
  • Joined: 02/18/2006
  • Location:VA
  • Handicap:10
  • Ebay ID:jdbrewer
GolfWRX Likes : 642

Posted 19 July 2018 - 10:45 AM

I really dig the look of the Rover bag.  However, from a pure functionality perspective can it really compete with a good ultralight stand bag?  Isn't bending over constantly a pain?  Do you have to use a zipper to get to a water bottle?  I'd love to be persuaded to give it a shot.  I have a 2.5+ now that from a weight and functionality perspective is a 10/10, but the Rover is definitely a better looking bag.
PING 4 Series
PING i20 10.5*
Adams a7 19*
Nike VR Forged Pro Combo 4-P
Vokey SM6 52.08F*, 58.08M*
Cameron Studio Select Newport '08
Srixon Q Star Tour

9

#40 gioguy21

gioguy21

    Habitual Line Stepper

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,923 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 244071
  • Joined: 04/09/2013
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:+0.6
GolfWRX Likes : 3965

Posted 19 July 2018 - 11:31 AM

View Postbrew4eagle, on 19 July 2018 - 10:45 AM, said:

I really dig the look of the Rover bag.  However, from a pure functionality perspective can it really compete with a good ultralight stand bag?  Isn't bending over constantly a pain?  Do you have to use a zipper to get to a water bottle?  I'd love to be persuaded to give it a shot.  I have a 2.5+ now that from a weight and functionality perspective is a 10/10, but the Rover is definitely a better looking bag.
i have a TM flextech stand bag i've used for the last 1.5 years -- i'll give a review once i use my rover for a few rounds, would that help??

it got delivered today, playing this weekend and basically all next week.

M3 460 10.5 / Diamana DF 70TX Tipped 1"

M4 3W / Diamana BF 90TX

P790 3I / Tensei Pro White Hybrid 90TX

MP18 MB 4I-PW /  CTaper Lite X

SM7 52 (8), 58 (8)  /  DG S200

MD3 Chrome 64 (8)  /  DG S200


Putters:

Piretti Tour Custom 801R / 35.5"

Custom Scotty Cameron Golo N5 / 35"


TP5x #1 "GIO"


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#41 brew4eagle

brew4eagle

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12175
  • Joined: 02/18/2006
  • Location:VA
  • Handicap:10
  • Ebay ID:jdbrewer
GolfWRX Likes : 642

Posted 19 July 2018 - 01:56 PM

View Postgioguy21, on 19 July 2018 - 11:31 AM, said:

View Postbrew4eagle, on 19 July 2018 - 10:45 AM, said:

I really dig the look of the Rover bag.  However, from a pure functionality perspective can it really compete with a good ultralight stand bag?  Isn't bending over constantly a pain?  Do you have to use a zipper to get to a water bottle?  I'd love to be persuaded to give it a shot.  I have a 2.5+ now that from a weight and functionality perspective is a 10/10, but the Rover is definitely a better looking bag.
i have a TM flextech stand bag i've used for the last 1.5 years -- i'll give a review once i use my rover for a few rounds, would that help??

it got delivered today, playing this weekend and basically all next week.
That would be much appreciated.  Hope the bag treats you well!
PING 4 Series
PING i20 10.5*
Adams a7 19*
Nike VR Forged Pro Combo 4-P
Vokey SM6 52.08F*, 58.08M*
Cameron Studio Select Newport '08
Srixon Q Star Tour

11

#42 gioguy21

gioguy21

    Habitual Line Stepper

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,923 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 244071
  • Joined: 04/09/2013
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:+0.6
GolfWRX Likes : 3965

Posted 19 July 2018 - 01:57 PM

View Postbrew4eagle, on 19 July 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

View Postgioguy21, on 19 July 2018 - 11:31 AM, said:

View Postbrew4eagle, on 19 July 2018 - 10:45 AM, said:

I really dig the look of the Rover bag.  However, from a pure functionality perspective can it really compete with a good ultralight stand bag?  Isn't bending over constantly a pain?  Do you have to use a zipper to get to a water bottle?  I'd love to be persuaded to give it a shot.  I have a 2.5+ now that from a weight and functionality perspective is a 10/10, but the Rover is definitely a better looking bag.
i have a TM flextech stand bag i've used for the last 1.5 years -- i'll give a review once i use my rover for a few rounds, would that help??

it got delivered today, playing this weekend and basically all next week.
That would be much appreciated.  Hope the bag treats you well!
i'll remember to quote the communication so you get notified -- i hope so too! lol

M3 460 10.5 / Diamana DF 70TX Tipped 1"

M4 3W / Diamana BF 90TX

P790 3I / Tensei Pro White Hybrid 90TX

MP18 MB 4I-PW /  CTaper Lite X

SM7 52 (8), 58 (8)  /  DG S200

MD3 Chrome 64 (8)  /  DG S200


Putters:

Piretti Tour Custom 801R / 35.5"

Custom Scotty Cameron Golo N5 / 35"


TP5x #1 "GIO"


12

#43 mackepa

mackepa

    #TheWRX

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,916 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38775
  • Joined: 09/04/2007
  • Location:Cincinnati, Ohio
GolfWRX Likes : 2362

Posted 19 July 2018 - 02:19 PM

I had never heard of this particular jones bag until today. I ended up ordering one.

#TheWRX 12/11/16


2018 WITB LINK. http://www.golfwrx.c...-in-first-post/

Epic 7* (Green Dot Adapter) Ahina 70

G30 HYB 19* AD DI 85

X Forged UT 24* (23*) KBS TOUR V120

X Forged 18 5-PW KBS $-Taper Prototypes

MD4 Raw 52s, 56s (55*), 60x (59*), 62C (63*) KBS $-Taper



Toulon Austin Longneck


Jones Utility Rover Golf Bag

13

#44 gioguy21

gioguy21

    Habitual Line Stepper

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,923 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 244071
  • Joined: 04/09/2013
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:+0.6
GolfWRX Likes : 3965

Posted 19 July 2018 - 04:58 PM

Mine...already on course...Posted ImagePosted Image

M3 460 10.5 / Diamana DF 70TX Tipped 1"

M4 3W / Diamana BF 90TX

P790 3I / Tensei Pro White Hybrid 90TX

MP18 MB 4I-PW /  CTaper Lite X

SM7 52 (8), 58 (8)  /  DG S200

MD3 Chrome 64 (8)  /  DG S200


Putters:

Piretti Tour Custom 801R / 35.5"

Custom Scotty Cameron Golo N5 / 35"


TP5x #1 "GIO"


14

#45 gioguy21

gioguy21

    Habitual Line Stepper

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,923 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 244071
  • Joined: 04/09/2013
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:+0.6
GolfWRX Likes : 3965

Posted 19 July 2018 - 05:01 PM

Couple more ...Posted ImagePosted Image

M3 460 10.5 / Diamana DF 70TX Tipped 1"

M4 3W / Diamana BF 90TX

P790 3I / Tensei Pro White Hybrid 90TX

MP18 MB 4I-PW /  CTaper Lite X

SM7 52 (8), 58 (8)  /  DG S200

MD3 Chrome 64 (8)  /  DG S200


Putters:

Piretti Tour Custom 801R / 35.5"

Custom Scotty Cameron Golo N5 / 35"


TP5x #1 "GIO"


15

#46 mackepa

mackepa

    #TheWRX

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,916 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38775
  • Joined: 09/04/2007
  • Location:Cincinnati, Ohio
GolfWRX Likes : 2362

Posted 19 July 2018 - 05:15 PM

View Postgioguy21, on 19 July 2018 - 04:58 PM, said:

Mine...already on course...Posted ImagePosted Image

Nice. I’m so glad I ordered mine. It already shipped!

#TheWRX 12/11/16


2018 WITB LINK. http://www.golfwrx.c...-in-first-post/

Epic 7* (Green Dot Adapter) Ahina 70

G30 HYB 19* AD DI 85

X Forged UT 24* (23*) KBS TOUR V120

X Forged 18 5-PW KBS $-Taper Prototypes

MD4 Raw 52s, 56s (55*), 60x (59*), 62C (63*) KBS $-Taper



Toulon Austin Longneck


Jones Utility Rover Golf Bag

16

#47 Hit 'Em Straight

Hit 'Em Straight

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 480284
  • Joined: 08/27/2017
  • Location:South Jersey (Philly Burbs)
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 968

Posted 20 July 2018 - 06:11 AM

View Postgioguy21, on 19 July 2018 - 04:58 PM, said:

Mine...already on course...Posted ImagePosted Image

Good looking bag.  Looking forward to the review after you get a few rounds in with it.

17

#48 gioguy21

gioguy21

    Habitual Line Stepper

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,923 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 244071
  • Joined: 04/09/2013
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:+0.6
GolfWRX Likes : 3965

Posted 20 July 2018 - 07:36 PM

played again today this time took a cart with the bag -- will say this -- it looks ridiculous on the back of a cart while the other playing partner has a legit 14-way stand bag on there lol

so, i have it situated this way:

-in the two-way divider, i have all irons in the low opening, and the driver, 3w and putter in the top opening.
-in the black pouch i have gloves, yardage book cover, coaches tape and snacks/NuuN tablets (i haven't put snacks in there yet since well, i haven't played and needed them lol)
-in the cooler pocket i have balls only (largest pocket that's easily accessible from the 'top' while carrying should you need a fresh one)
-in the side see-thru mesh pocket i usually keep my keys, wallet and watch - in a seamus drawstring bag thing; and my phone
-in the first zipper pocket (valuables pocket), i have a soft bag that has markers, divot tools, lighter and cigar cutter
-in the second zipper pocket i have tees
-in the black pocket on the other side -- i have nothing. haven't figured out what to put there lol
-in the slot inside the mesh pocket on the side i usually keep a water bottle that i refill all the time

M3 460 10.5 / Diamana DF 70TX Tipped 1"

M4 3W / Diamana BF 90TX

P790 3I / Tensei Pro White Hybrid 90TX

MP18 MB 4I-PW /  CTaper Lite X

SM7 52 (8), 58 (8)  /  DG S200

MD3 Chrome 64 (8)  /  DG S200


Putters:

Piretti Tour Custom 801R / 35.5"

Custom Scotty Cameron Golo N5 / 35"


TP5x #1 "GIO"


18

#49 masamitsu

masamitsu

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131236
  • Joined: 06/21/2011
  • Location:Parker, Colorado
  • Handicap:4-6
GolfWRX Likes : 613

Posted 23 July 2018 - 11:52 AM

Do you have any club tangle?
TheGrint : masamitsu

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Titleist 915f 15* Aldila Rogue S
Titleist T-MB 3i & 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Vokey SM6 54.10S/58.10K
Mizuno S5 54.12/58.12
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

19

#50 gioguy21

gioguy21

    Habitual Line Stepper

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,923 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 244071
  • Joined: 04/09/2013
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:+0.6
GolfWRX Likes : 3965

Posted 23 July 2018 - 11:56 AM

I won't lie, yes.

View Postmasamitsu, on 23 July 2018 - 11:52 AM, said:

Do you have any club tangle?

M3 460 10.5 / Diamana DF 70TX Tipped 1"

M4 3W / Diamana BF 90TX

P790 3I / Tensei Pro White Hybrid 90TX

MP18 MB 4I-PW /  CTaper Lite X

SM7 52 (8), 58 (8)  /  DG S200

MD3 Chrome 64 (8)  /  DG S200


Putters:

Piretti Tour Custom 801R / 35.5"

Custom Scotty Cameron Golo N5 / 35"


TP5x #1 "GIO"


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#51 masamitsu

masamitsu

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131236
  • Joined: 06/21/2011
  • Location:Parker, Colorado
  • Handicap:4-6
GolfWRX Likes : 613

Posted 23 July 2018 - 01:16 PM

Damn, not what I wanted to hear.
TheGrint : masamitsu

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Titleist 915f 15* Aldila Rogue S
Titleist T-MB 3i & 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Vokey SM6 54.10S/58.10K
Mizuno S5 54.12/58.12
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

21

#52 brew4eagle

brew4eagle

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12175
  • Joined: 02/18/2006
  • Location:VA
  • Handicap:10
  • Ebay ID:jdbrewer
GolfWRX Likes : 642

Posted 23 July 2018 - 04:47 PM

View Postgioguy21, on 23 July 2018 - 11:56 AM, said:

I won't lie, yes.

View Postmasamitsu, on 23 July 2018 - 11:52 AM, said:

Do you have any club tangle?
Good to know, thanks.  Will stick with the 2.5+, ugly but tangle free.
PING 4 Series
PING i20 10.5*
Adams a7 19*
Nike VR Forged Pro Combo 4-P
Vokey SM6 52.08F*, 58.08M*
Cameron Studio Select Newport '08
Srixon Q Star Tour

22

#53 Thunder Dan

Thunder Dan

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 205017
  • Joined: 09/28/2012
  • Location:In the trees
GolfWRX Likes : 474

Posted 24 July 2018 - 02:57 PM

I have one of these and only thing I didn't plan out was what to do when it rains. Anyone recommend a good rain cover for clubs in one of these that is light and stores in the black bottom pouch?

23

#54 gioguy21

gioguy21

    Habitual Line Stepper

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,923 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 244071
  • Joined: 04/09/2013
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:+0.6
GolfWRX Likes : 3965

Posted 24 July 2018 - 08:52 PM

View PostThunder Dan, on 24 July 2018 - 02:57 PM, said:

I have one of these and only thing I didn't plan out was what to do when it rains. Anyone recommend a good rain cover for clubs in one of these that is light and stores in the black bottom pouch?
In my state open it was supposed to rain today and tomorrow - went with my TM flextech simply due to more space and didn't want it laying on the ground getting soaked.


M3 460 10.5 / Diamana DF 70TX Tipped 1"

M4 3W / Diamana BF 90TX

P790 3I / Tensei Pro White Hybrid 90TX

MP18 MB 4I-PW /  CTaper Lite X

SM7 52 (8), 58 (8)  /  DG S200

MD3 Chrome 64 (8)  /  DG S200


Putters:

Piretti Tour Custom 801R / 35.5"

Custom Scotty Cameron Golo N5 / 35"


TP5x #1 "GIO"


24

#55 Thunder Dan

Thunder Dan

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 205017
  • Joined: 09/28/2012
  • Location:In the trees
GolfWRX Likes : 474

Posted 25 July 2018 - 08:58 AM

so for those interested, I was caught in a downpour over the weekend and played through it. Bag on ground, etc.

The bag came out fine after it dried. No stains or signs that I was in a rain storm.

The bottom pocket with the velvet liner had moisture in it. The side pocket up top held up. Clubs were completely soaked. I'm actually surprised Jones doesn't make or sell a rain hood you can use and bring with you on days that call for rain. My other option was to switch out my bag, but if we are going to call it "Utility Rover" I would imply that it should be usable in crap conditions.


25

#56 Redbird

Redbird

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,769 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2051
  • Joined: 06/28/2005
  • Location:The burbs of Chicago
GolfWRX Likes : 351

Posted 28 July 2018 - 05:37 PM

Jones every throw out discount codes?

26

#57 williaza

williaza

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 460154
  • Joined: 03/22/2017
  • Location:Newburgh NY
  • Handicap:11
GolfWRX Likes : 86

Posted 28 July 2018 - 07:34 PM

when ive bought my products i wait for black friday sales

View PostRedbird, on 28 July 2018 - 05:37 PM, said:

Jones every throw out discount codes?

when ive bought jones ive waited for black friday sales.. they usually have a very very good one.

27

#58 mackepa

mackepa

    #TheWRX

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,916 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38775
  • Joined: 09/04/2007
  • Location:Cincinnati, Ohio
GolfWRX Likes : 2362

Posted 29 July 2018 - 11:51 AM

Played my first round with my utility rover. I ended up riding but I carried my bag a couple holes when either my playing partner or I hit one way off line to save time. So far I really like the amount of pockets and pocket placement. It just fits with what I bring to the golf course. The only downside so far is that the clubs definitely tangle up in the bag but I can tolerate that.

Also, I like that I can full dork mode and iron on patches to the nylon material on the  bag to match my Disney head covers. I put a Star Wars patch on there and I’m waiting for a couple more things to come in. DB21AE87-2E68-4780-A89F-C1B3FCE1839A.jpeg

#TheWRX 12/11/16


2018 WITB LINK. http://www.golfwrx.c...-in-first-post/

Epic 7* (Green Dot Adapter) Ahina 70

G30 HYB 19* AD DI 85

X Forged UT 24* (23*) KBS TOUR V120

X Forged 18 5-PW KBS $-Taper Prototypes

MD4 Raw 52s, 56s (55*), 60x (59*), 62C (63*) KBS $-Taper



Toulon Austin Longneck


Jones Utility Rover Golf Bag

28

#59 Tommyj

Tommyj

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40570
  • Joined: 10/08/2007
  • Location:Toronto, Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 61

Posted 16 August 2018 - 06:58 AM

Has anybody actually weighed their Rover and is it a legit 3.2lb with both straps attached?  Just wondering how it can be just marginally heavier than the Players which has a single carry strap and less pockets

Edited by Tommyj, 17 August 2018 - 09:18 AM.


29

#60 grantr

grantr

    Rocketballzzzzzz

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129607
  • Joined: 05/27/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 26 August 2018 - 09:40 PM

View PostTommyj, on 16 August 2018 - 06:58 AM, said:

Has anybody actually weighed their Rover and is it a legit 3.2lb with both straps attached?  Just wondering how it can be just marginally heavier than the Players which has a single carry strap and less pockets

Yes, I'm wondering the same thing. Is it significantly heavier than a Ping Moonlite? Also seems a bit sturdier than other Sunday bags out there, would that be accurate? Thanks.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors