Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Bryson DeChambeau WITB: 2018 Farmers Insurance


112 replies to this topic

#31 gator1180

gator1180

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 156823
  • Joined: 01/21/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 23 January 2018 - 12:19 PM

View PostQuigleyDU, on 23 January 2018 - 08:20 AM, said:

to each there own, i dont have a single criticism of how he does things because it works for him. I just have one question. if he is so smart, does he really need the little stickers on the club to remind him of what the actual loft of the club is? is he going to forget that his 7.5 driver is really 7.9?

i am imagining a situation. Bryson steps up to a 520 yard par 4 looks down the fairway and see a bunker on the left at 280 yards out and a large lake down the entirety of the right hand side. The fairway slopes slightly toward the lake so a draw is favored to avoid the ball running into the water. if he can carry the bunker the ball should run out well leaving a short iron into a pin tucked on the right hand side of the green behind another bunker 10 yard deep. Bryson looks at his driver and says to himself" man!! if i could just remember if my driver is 7.5 or 7.9, i could destroy this hole!!!!

LOL


The stickers on the clubs are from the Cobra Trailer. This way they know exactly what head weight and loft are each head. When the pros test new clubs they want to know the exact specs of everything they have. The tour trailer guys know based on this what combinations to pair them with. This is actually very normal from all companies, Ive seen sharpies used etc.

Cobra F8+, Tensei Pro CK White 60x
Cobra F8+ 3 Wood, Aldila Rogue Silver 70X
Titleist H2, 19 Degree Hybrid, Tensei Pro CK White 90X
Cobra King Utility, 21 Degree, Aldila Rogue Silver
Cobra King Forged Tour, 5-Gap, DG Tour Issue X100
Cobra King Wedges, 52, 56, 60, DG Tour Issue X100
Scotty Cameron Newport 2, 34"

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 Shades234

Shades234

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 446016
  • Joined: 11/08/2016
  • Location:San Diego
  • Handicap:2.7
GolfWRX Likes : 45

Posted 23 January 2018 - 12:27 PM

View Poststarsail85, on 23 January 2018 - 04:47 AM, said:

View Postandrieddle, on 23 January 2018 - 04:02 AM, said:

8 degrees driver, 12 degrees 2 wood and 15 degrees 3 wood?

Interesting......2 driving irons and 6-P?

Not 8 degrees , 7.9 degrees .

He wouldn't be able to hit it if it didn't have the 7.9 sticker


Abit like the 60.5 stamp on JTs lob wedge . Can't these micro spec adjustments just be written in a note pad?

Sticker is important for swing weight. You don't get that benefit from writing it in a notepad. ;)
Titleist 917D3 8.75 - Accra Tour Z X465 M5
Titleist 917F2 14.25 - Paderson KG Fairway KG860-F40
TaylorMade 2017 M1 H 19 - Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 95 Hybrid X
Miura CB-501 4-9 - Oban CT-115X
Vokey SM6 48F, 52F, 56S, 60S - Oban CT-115X
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

2

#33 gators78

gators78

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,806 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121638
  • Joined: 02/03/2011
  • Location:City of Champions
  • Handicap:2.3
GolfWRX Likes : 880

Posted 23 January 2018 - 12:31 PM

That's a set only a mother could love...
G400 Max
M2 3W, Hybrid
i210s
RTX3s
Cameron

3

#34 ChristopherKee

ChristopherKee

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 261476
  • Joined: 07/03/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 23 January 2018 - 12:32 PM

View PostQMany, on 23 January 2018 - 09:24 AM, said:

Maybe it is the angle the picture is taken and how the clubs may be sitting in his bag, but the irons and wedges didn't strike me as "single length."



If you watch this WITB with Dechambeau he explains at around 50 seconds why they look different lengths, basically they get stuck together in the bag.

https://youtu.be/pLqh9XTfpWA

Edited by ChristopherKee, 23 January 2018 - 12:33 PM.


4

#35 QuigleyDU

QuigleyDU

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,515 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62095
  • Joined: 08/01/2008
  • Location:reno nv
  • Ebay ID:reederc2
GolfWRX Likes : 1604

Posted 23 January 2018 - 12:45 PM

View PostShades234, on 23 January 2018 - 12:27 PM, said:

View Poststarsail85, on 23 January 2018 - 04:47 AM, said:

View Postandrieddle, on 23 January 2018 - 04:02 AM, said:

8 degrees driver, 12 degrees 2 wood and 15 degrees 3 wood?

Interesting......2 driving irons and 6-P?

Not 8 degrees , 7.9 degrees .

He wouldn't be able to hit it if it didn't have the 7.9 sticker


Abit like the 60.5 stamp on JTs lob wedge . Can't these micro spec adjustments just be written in a note pad?

Sticker is important for swing weight. You don't get that benefit from writing it in a notepad. ;)

but the numbers on the stickers are lofts, not head weights.....

driver: SRIXON Z745
fairway: NIKE VAPOR 13*
3-4 IRON: MIZZY MP H5 GD AMT X100.
5-PW IRONS: MP5 DG AMT X100
WEDGES; CLEVELAND rtx 3.0 RAW
PUTTER; PING SIGMA G SHEA H
BALL; various, ask me that day.

5

#36 moonshine

moonshine

    06/17/18 Best day of year to watch golf!

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,251 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31690
  • Joined: 06/14/2007
  • Location:North Charleston, SC
  • Handicap:2.4
GolfWRX Likes : 752

Posted 23 January 2018 - 12:51 PM

View Postbladehunter, on 23 January 2018 - 08:33 AM, said:

swapped to modus 130X.... best kept secret in iron shafts ..
Does it cycle like rebar though?  So far sik is one of the only brands that can make me a putter with no sight line!!!  I gotta' get one..albeit flow neck and not so weird...errr...sciency?!

edit:  Love my Ltd...got the thing for a song new VERY solid for those few left in the dark.

Edited by moonshine, 23 January 2018 - 12:53 PM.

"We have learned that we must
live as men, not as ostriches, nor
as dogs in the manger." FDR

6

#37 J-Tizzle

J-Tizzle

    Hello

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,495 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1530
  • Joined: 06/09/2005
  • Location:Springfield MO
  • Ebay ID:tumbo79
GolfWRX Likes : 558

Posted 23 January 2018 - 01:18 PM

Love the bag for sure!  If Ping ever made a single length set I'd get on board and try them out.  Maybe not a full set, but if you could get me the 5-9 all the same length, then maybe step down the wedges... I've heard that the single biggest complaint about the SLI, the wedges are super awkward to try to hit a soft chip with a 7i length club.

I'm a big BAD supporter, I think the game needs more guys like him.  If he'd only go back to his side saddle I'd stop getting so much crap for it...
G400 8.5* LST -G400 14.5* - F6 Baffler - PXG 4i - Ping G25 5-W - Gorge 2.0 50*, 56* (@ 55*), 60* - BG F22

7

#38 billh17

billh17

    just happy to play

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 285934
  • Joined: 11/28/2013
  • Location:southern ohio
GolfWRX Likes : 8537

Posted 23 January 2018 - 03:24 PM

View Postbuckeyefl, on 23 January 2018 - 11:31 AM, said:

View Postjll62, on 22 January 2018 - 11:08 PM, said:

View Postscottb15, on 22 January 2018 - 10:38 PM, said:

This kid needs to understand his weird equipment isn't gonna benefit him in the long run. I think he's got a ton of potential but until he conforms to what works instead of what in theory could work he will never reach it.

NCAA, US Am, PGA Tour win, etc. I'd say he's doing alright.

The most important thing is that Bryson believes in what he's doing. If he tried to conform to whatever the norm is, he'd be done. His swing, his equipment...it all matches up with who he is as an individual. And he's been pretty damn successful with it.

He also has companies who have spent tens of thousands of dollars figuring out his equipment. The average golfer who refuses to practice or get a lesson and actually develop some skills doesn't have that luxury.
LOL  I like you ..you are sooo optimistic  and have such a liberal attitude about everyone else having the right to have different opinions from you.
Keep up the good work !
Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

8

#39 J-Tizzle

J-Tizzle

    Hello

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,495 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1530
  • Joined: 06/09/2005
  • Location:Springfield MO
  • Ebay ID:tumbo79
GolfWRX Likes : 558

Posted 23 January 2018 - 03:38 PM

View Postbillh17, on 23 January 2018 - 03:24 PM, said:

View Postbuckeyefl, on 23 January 2018 - 11:31 AM, said:

View Postjll62, on 22 January 2018 - 11:08 PM, said:

View Postscottb15, on 22 January 2018 - 10:38 PM, said:

This kid needs to understand his weird equipment isn't gonna benefit him in the long run. I think he's got a ton of potential but until he conforms to what works instead of what in theory could work he will never reach it.

NCAA, US Am, PGA Tour win, etc. I'd say he's doing alright.

The most important thing is that Bryson believes in what he's doing. If he tried to conform to whatever the norm is, he'd be done. His swing, his equipment...it all matches up with who he is as an individual. And he's been pretty damn successful with it.

He also has companies who have spent tens of thousands of dollars figuring out his equipment. The average golfer who refuses to practice or get a lesson and actually develop some skills doesn't have that luxury.
LOL  I like you ..you are sooo optimistic  and have such a liberal attitude about everyone else having the right to have different opinions from you.
Keep up the good work !

Plus the funny thing, the person described (refuses to practice or get lessons) are the exact type of person who would benefit the most from the SLI that BAD has brought to the mainstream (at least a major manufacturer making/selling SLI).  I'm sure the money Cobra has invested in building/designing his clubs has paid for itself several times over already.  Ever heard of R&D??

Edited by J-Tizzle, 23 January 2018 - 03:39 PM.

G400 8.5* LST -G400 14.5* - F6 Baffler - PXG 4i - Ping G25 5-W - Gorge 2.0 50*, 56* (@ 55*), 60* - BG F22

9

#40 micha

micha

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 81440
  • Joined: 04/28/2009
  • Location:San Diego
GolfWRX Likes : 180

Posted 23 January 2018 - 04:20 PM

Keep it weird Bryson. Thats an interesting concept on the putter grip kind of makes sense when you think about it.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#41 ebrasmus21

ebrasmus21

    Serial Shanker

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,681 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250392
  • Joined: 05/13/2013
  • Location:CA
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 2971

Posted 23 January 2018 - 05:17 PM

View Postmicha, on 23 January 2018 - 04:20 PM, said:

Keep it weird Bryson. Thats an interesting concept on the putter grip kind of makes sense when you think about it.

#keepbrysonweird
Cobra F7+ - Copperhead 70TX
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Scotty Circa '62 No. 2
Snell MTB Black

11

#42 buckeyefl

buckeyefl

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,105 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 259982
  • Joined: 06/29/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 3035

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:33 PM

View Postrybo, on 23 January 2018 - 12:15 PM, said:

View Postbuckeyefl, on 23 January 2018 - 11:28 AM, said:

View Postbillh17, on 22 January 2018 - 10:52 PM, said:

View Postscottb15, on 22 January 2018 - 10:38 PM, said:

This kid needs to understand his weird equipment isn't gonna benefit him in the long run. I think he's got a ton of potential but until he conforms to what works instead of what in theory could work he will never reach it.
That equipment isn't weird. The one length irons have a large number of users and more are changing as  word of mouth gives them good reviews.
You should try them for a season and then critique them.

Not to spoil your fun but you may want to look up the definition of "weird", "large" and possibly "good".

They do not have a large number of users, they are "weird" and "good" reviews are only from the SMALL number of people who have convinced themselves they work. They would have gotten much more benefit if they had spent their money of a proper fitting and maybe a course management class.

So are you still playing a 150cc wooden driver head? A steel shaft in your driver and fairway woods? An 8802 or bullseye putter?  How about a wound ball?  A sand wedge without a large flange and bounce? All of these were deemed weird and had 'mixed' reviews upon release.  Thankfully people choose not to conform and to look past what everyone else is doing.

We don't live in a world of standardization, we live in a world of customization!  Golf is no different

So you actually think SL sets are a new idea?

Cool. Go find a company willing to properly build you a set like Edel did for Bryson. Even more so than regular sets, the single length sets require a lot of expensive ( very time consuming) work.

Edited by buckeyefl, 23 January 2018 - 07:34 PM.


12

#43 ebrasmus21

ebrasmus21

    Serial Shanker

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,681 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250392
  • Joined: 05/13/2013
  • Location:CA
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 2971

Posted 23 January 2018 - 08:05 PM

View Postgators78, on 23 January 2018 - 12:31 PM, said:

That's a set only a mother could love...

Thank you, this comment made me laugh (I kind of agree with you as well).
Cobra F7+ - Copperhead 70TX
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Scotty Circa '62 No. 2
Snell MTB Black

13

#44 rybo

rybo

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,067 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16062
  • Joined: 07/12/2006
  • Location:Naples, FL
  • Handicap:+1.6
GolfWRX Likes : 445

Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:09 PM

View Postbuckeyefl, on 23 January 2018 - 07:33 PM, said:

View Postrybo, on 23 January 2018 - 12:15 PM, said:

View Postbuckeyefl, on 23 January 2018 - 11:28 AM, said:

View Postbillh17, on 22 January 2018 - 10:52 PM, said:

View Postscottb15, on 22 January 2018 - 10:38 PM, said:

This kid needs to understand his weird equipment isn't gonna benefit him in the long run. I think he's got a ton of potential but until he conforms to what works instead of what in theory could work he will never reach it.
That equipment isn't weird. The one length irons have a large number of users and more are changing as  word of mouth gives them good reviews.
You should try them for a season and then critique them.

Not to spoil your fun but you may want to look up the definition of "weird", "large" and possibly "good".

They do not have a large number of users, they are "weird" and "good" reviews are only from the SMALL number of people who have convinced themselves they work. They would have gotten much more benefit if they had spent their money of a proper fitting and maybe a course management class.

So are you still playing a 150cc wooden driver head? A steel shaft in your driver and fairway woods? An 8802 or bullseye putter?  How about a wound ball?  A sand wedge without a large flange and bounce? All of these were deemed weird and had 'mixed' reviews upon release.  Thankfully people choose not to conform and to look past what everyone else is doing.

We don't live in a world of standardization, we live in a world of customization!  Golf is no different

So you actually think SL sets are a new idea?

Cool. Go find a company willing to properly build you a set like Edel did for Bryson. Even more so than regular sets, the single length sets require a lot of expensive ( very time consuming) work.


Played a set of Cobra SL for over 6 months with great results. Cost $400.  Then wanting to try something ‘weird’ built up a 2nd set of Cobra SL heads with 1/8” increment between irons. Currently averaging 13.8 greens in regulation with this set(21 rounds). Cost $600.

Total BS that it’s expensive or ‘very time consuming’.  Fitting is actually greatly simplified if you know what you’re doing.

And no where did I say it was a new idea. Bobby Jones played something very close to SL. Hence the idea for my 1/8” build.

Try a set of SL clubs for 10 rounds and maybe you’ll be singing a different tune

Edited by rybo, 23 January 2018 - 09:56 PM.


14

#45 snook...

snook...

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 104035
  • Joined: 02/27/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 35

Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:32 PM

They work.   Gotta have the right shaft that fits.  

Anyone know if he’s still using all 6 iron shafts?


15

#46 ode1

ode1

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 98193
  • Joined: 11/08/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 537

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:08 PM

View Postebrasmus21, on 22 January 2018 - 10:39 PM, said:

View Postscottb15, on 22 January 2018 - 10:38 PM, said:

This kid needs to understand his weird equipment isn't gonna benefit him in the long run. I think he's got a ton of potential but until he conforms to what works instead of what in theory could work he will never reach it.

He won the Am and the NCAA in the same year along with having a tour win already but you're saying its all still theory?

+1, the guy wins on tour and that is still not good enough.  Folks gotta get their digs in with the back handed compliments.

16

#47 ode1

ode1

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 98193
  • Joined: 11/08/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 537

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:10 PM

Someone should invite him to the Nippon thread, would love to get his thoughts on the 130's!

17

#48 ode1

ode1

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 98193
  • Joined: 11/08/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 537

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:12 PM

View Postandrieddle, on 23 January 2018 - 04:02 AM, said:

8 degrees driver, 12 degrees 2 wood and 15 degrees 3 wood?

Interesting......2 driving irons and 6-P?

I believe the 15* is a hybrid, no?

18

#49 TylerFinley

TylerFinley

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 459146
  • Joined: 03/15/2017
  • Location:Orlando, FL
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 25 January 2018 - 10:42 AM

View Postgolfman009, on 22 January 2018 - 10:35 PM, said:

Looks like SIK copied the brick with some offset
It looks similar to the brick because Bryson had design input on it, as he did with our BAD1 prototype. What we did was, in our CAD, pulled the topline from the Pro model in an effort to keep the sight line and the line on the ball on a closer level, as well as to remove what Bryson saw as a "paralax effect." Unlike the brick we have an internal weighting system behind cavity, and our DLT, but that's on every putter we make.

19

#50 J-Tizzle

J-Tizzle

    Hello

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,495 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1530
  • Joined: 06/09/2005
  • Location:Springfield MO
  • Ebay ID:tumbo79
GolfWRX Likes : 558

Posted 25 January 2018 - 10:55 AM

View PostTylerFinley, on 25 January 2018 - 10:42 AM, said:

View Postgolfman009, on 22 January 2018 - 10:35 PM, said:

Looks like SIK copied the brick with some offset
It looks similar to the brick because Bryson had design input on it, as he did with our BAD1 prototype. What we did was, in our CAD, pulled the topline from the Pro model in an effort to keep the sight line and the line on the ball on a closer level, as well as to remove what Bryson saw as a "paralax effect." Unlike the brick we have an internal weighting system behind cavity, and our DLT, but that's on every putter we make.

Forgive the ignorance, but what is a paralax effect?

You guys should get into the business of side saddle putters too, just sayin...  Always looking for options.

G400 8.5* LST -G400 14.5* - F6 Baffler - PXG 4i - Ping G25 5-W - Gorge 2.0 50*, 56* (@ 55*), 60* - BG F22

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#51 QuigleyDU

QuigleyDU

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,515 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62095
  • Joined: 08/01/2008
  • Location:reno nv
  • Ebay ID:reederc2
GolfWRX Likes : 1604

Posted 25 January 2018 - 01:37 PM

View PostJ-Tizzle, on 25 January 2018 - 10:55 AM, said:

View PostTylerFinley, on 25 January 2018 - 10:42 AM, said:

View Postgolfman009, on 22 January 2018 - 10:35 PM, said:

Looks like SIK copied the brick with some offset
It looks similar to the brick because Bryson had design input on it, as he did with our BAD1 prototype. What we did was, in our CAD, pulled the topline from the Pro model in an effort to keep the sight line and the line on the ball on a closer level, as well as to remove what Bryson saw as a "paralax effect." Unlike the brick we have an internal weighting system behind cavity, and our DLT, but that's on every putter we make.
Forgive the ignorance, but what is a paralax effect? You guys should get into the business of side saddle putters too, just sayin... Always looking for options.

essentially paralax is distortion in a picture.  it causes things to appear closer or further away then they actually are. (think rear view mirror). it happens in putting because you are standing perpendicular to the line and looking sideways at the hole. One eye is closer to the hole than the other so your brain compensates to make it so you can see it clearly. Your eyes will match up and your brain will subconsciously split the difference to bring the picture into focus. It can be the difference of a few inches to a few feet causing you to misread putts.

Edited by QuigleyDU, 25 January 2018 - 01:39 PM.

driver: SRIXON Z745
fairway: NIKE VAPOR 13*
3-4 IRON: MIZZY MP H5 GD AMT X100.
5-PW IRONS: MP5 DG AMT X100
WEDGES; CLEVELAND rtx 3.0 RAW
PUTTER; PING SIGMA G SHEA H
BALL; various, ask me that day.

21

#52 Regul8r

Regul8r

    RG

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 179450
  • Joined: 05/07/2012
  • Location:Orlando
  • Handicap:5.3
GolfWRX Likes : 25

Posted 25 January 2018 - 07:28 PM

View Postscottb15, on 22 January 2018 - 10:38 PM, said:

This kid needs to understand his weird equipment isn't gonna benefit him in the long run. I think he's got a ton of potential but until he conforms to what works instead of what in theory could work he will never reach it.
This "kid" knows more about golf equipment than you are able to comprehend. Saying that he needs to conform is like saying Jim Furyk or Lee Trevino need to change their swings to conform, it's lunacy. Being Critical od someone whos has accomplished sooo much more in the game than you have makes you look like a dolt.

22

#53 QuigleyDU

QuigleyDU

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,515 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62095
  • Joined: 08/01/2008
  • Location:reno nv
  • Ebay ID:reederc2
GolfWRX Likes : 1604

Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:21 AM

View PostRegul8r, on 25 January 2018 - 07:28 PM, said:

View Postscottb15, on 22 January 2018 - 10:38 PM, said:

This kid needs to understand his weird equipment isn't gonna benefit him in the long run. I think he's got a ton of potential but until he conforms to what works instead of what in theory could work he will never reach it.
This "kid" knows more about golf equipment than you are able to comprehend. Saying that he needs to conform is like saying Jim Furyk or Lee Trevino need to change their swings to conform, it's lunacy. Being Critical od someone whos has accomplished sooo much more in the game than you have makes you look like a dolt.

i think that it is a bit condescending to say that he know more about golf equipment. you dont know to what extent people are knowledgeable on a subject. Bryson is not a designer, he does not build clubs. he plays with them and likes to have them a certain way. He was a physics major in school but he didn't finish. The rest of what you said i completely agree with, conformity for conformity's sake is dumb. He and everyone should play the way that they feel will make them the most successful.

the only thing i would say is that history has shown that over thinking and constantly changing things leads to disaster.
driver: SRIXON Z745
fairway: NIKE VAPOR 13*
3-4 IRON: MIZZY MP H5 GD AMT X100.
5-PW IRONS: MP5 DG AMT X100
WEDGES; CLEVELAND rtx 3.0 RAW
PUTTER; PING SIGMA G SHEA H
BALL; various, ask me that day.

23

#54 Ben Berube

Ben Berube

    Benny B

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 183 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 283426
  • Joined: 11/09/2013
  • Location:Bedford NH
  • Handicap:5
  • Ebay ID:Berube03
GolfWRX Likes : 659

Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:41 AM

LOL I agree with everything but believe the stickers are reminders for the Van guys.  I do not like Bryson and his personality.  He walks in the way of other players.  He will go to his ball on the green assuming he can line up before his opponent even marks their ball.  He pushes guys out of the way walking around his putts and taking his sweet time with inbetween shots.  He just comes off as if he knows more than all of us...  which he does but don't act like a dink about it.

But I dig the ability to change and think differently, outside the box.  I can only imagine when he walks into the Tour Van the guys quiver and shake from frustration knowing their entire day is going to be spent with Bryson and his super anal demands.  Instead of requests.  like the video a while back of the Tour Van guy having to grind a half dozen wedge heads to meet "Brysons demands".  Dink!
WITB (for this week =)

- Tour Issue R15 430 - 13* (set at 11.5*) w/ Tensi Proto TS 60
- Tour Issue SLDR Mini 14* w/ TP6HD stiff
- Exotics Ex8 19* hybrid
- Mizuno HiFli Circa 2007 w/Petterson utility shaft
- CG Tours in Project X 6.0 - 4-pw
- Trusty Rusty 51 - 59 w/s200's
- Jailbird Mini

-------------***always up for trades***--------------

24

#55 QuigleyDU

QuigleyDU

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,515 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62095
  • Joined: 08/01/2008
  • Location:reno nv
  • Ebay ID:reederc2
GolfWRX Likes : 1604

Posted 26 January 2018 - 10:09 AM

View PostBen Berube, on 26 January 2018 - 08:41 AM, said:

LOL I agree with everything but believe the stickers are reminders for the Van guys.  I do not like Bryson and his personality.  He walks in the way of other players.  He will go to his ball on the green assuming he can line up before his opponent even marks their ball.  He pushes guys out of the way walking around his putts and taking his sweet time with inbetween shots.  He just comes off as if he knows more than all of us...  which he does but don't act like a dink about it.

But I dig the ability to change and think differently, outside the box.  I can only imagine when he walks into the Tour Van the guys quiver and shake from frustration knowing their entire day is going to be spent with Bryson and his super anal demands.  Instead of requests.  like the video a while back of the Tour Van guy having to grind a half dozen wedge heads to meet "Brysons demands".  Dink!

again, i will ask what proof is there, other than hyperbole that he "knows more than anyone else"?? haha for some reason this really bugs me when i hear stuff like this.

driver: SRIXON Z745
fairway: NIKE VAPOR 13*
3-4 IRON: MIZZY MP H5 GD AMT X100.
5-PW IRONS: MP5 DG AMT X100
WEDGES; CLEVELAND rtx 3.0 RAW
PUTTER; PING SIGMA G SHEA H
BALL; various, ask me that day.

25

#56 Chopper1986

Chopper1986

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 402530
  • Joined: 11/10/2015
  • Location:Hull
  • Handicap:18
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 26 January 2018 - 10:30 AM

Does his putter have a Graphite shaft?

26

#57 nohny noke

nohny noke

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 165817
  • Joined: 02/24/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 858

Posted 26 January 2018 - 11:27 AM

View PostQuigleyDU, on 26 January 2018 - 10:09 AM, said:

View PostBen Berube, on 26 January 2018 - 08:41 AM, said:

LOL I agree with everything but believe the stickers are reminders for the Van guys.  I do not like Bryson and his personality.  He walks in the way of other players.  He will go to his ball on the green assuming he can line up before his opponent even marks their ball.  He pushes guys out of the way walking around his putts and taking his sweet time with inbetween shots.  He just comes off as if he knows more than all of us...  which he does but don't act like a dink about it.

But I dig the ability to change and think differently, outside the box.  I can only imagine when he walks into the Tour Van the guys quiver and shake from frustration knowing their entire day is going to be spent with Bryson and his super anal demands.  Instead of requests.  like the video a while back of the Tour Van guy having to grind a half dozen wedge heads to meet "Brysons demands".  Dink!

again, i will ask what proof is there, other than hyperbole that he "knows more than anyone else"?? haha for some reason this really bugs me when i hear stuff like this.

It's a given that those who don't actually finish their physics degrees are far smarter than those who do.  I have a friend who stopped his physics coursework with a year to go to become a master printmaker, and I know that he's forgotten more about physics than his former professors will ever know.  

LOL

Bryson seems like an interesting guy, a little arrogant and entitled perhaps, but you are right, Quigley- there is zero proof that he 'knows more than all of us'.  Stickers with exact specs and nonsense formulas in his yardage book do not a genius make.

27

#58 artica

artica

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 321469
  • Joined: 06/16/2014
  • Location:Overland Park, KS
  • Handicap:16
GolfWRX Likes : 194

Posted 28 January 2018 - 02:04 PM

Couldn’t agree more with the above comment.

I went the SL route as well, had somewhat ok results, but the 4-6 irons created havoc for me with gaps. Same old song and dance.

What I would like to do with the new Forged Tec one length is have a VL set but not all different.

4-5i 37.5”
6-7i 37”
8-PW use the normal forged Tec heads and lengths
M1 460 9.5 - Oban Kiyoshi Gold 65g 04
- Testing G400 9* - Tour 65 stiff shaft
M1 3W - Oban Kiyoshi White 65g 04
M1 5w -  Oban Devotion 75g 04
PXG 0311xf - 4-GW Steelfiber i125 Stiff
RTX 3.0 CB - 54*, 58* TG - DG Wedge
Scotty Cameron Select 1.5
WITB Link

28

#59 rybo

rybo

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,067 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16062
  • Joined: 07/12/2006
  • Location:Naples, FL
  • Handicap:+1.6
GolfWRX Likes : 445

Posted 04 February 2018 - 10:31 AM

Hope Bryson keeps it 'weird' today and gets win #2!!

29

#60 ebrasmus21

ebrasmus21

    Serial Shanker

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,681 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250392
  • Joined: 05/13/2013
  • Location:CA
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 2971

Posted 04 February 2018 - 10:35 AM

View Postrybo, on 04 February 2018 - 10:31 AM, said:

Hope Bryson keeps it 'weird' today and gets win #2!!

He can hit a golf ball.

Cobra F7+ - Copperhead 70TX
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Scotty Circa '62 No. 2
Snell MTB Black

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors