Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Maltby DBM, PTM, and MMB recommendations

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 AZstu324

AZstu324

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 491426
  • Handicap:14
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 22 January 2018 - 02:44 PM

Hey all! So in the next few months or so, I'll be in the market for a set of irons (happy birthday to me!). I'm completely sold on the Maltby lineup of forged clubs but am not really sure which direction to go yet. I love the simplicity of the DBM's and from reading, it appears that they may have a slightly softer feel than the rest as they are true forgings (please correct me if I'm wrong). The other 2 options appear to have some very interesting tech built in but I'm just sure if it's more or less hype when comparing them to the DBM's or if they actually add some additional magic. Here's the rundown on my game: I've been playing Gigagolf single length for the past year. I was intrigued by the concept and decided to give it a whirl. Prior to that I played the same GG set but in standard length. They're without a doubt GI clubs with thick top lines, offset face, and large cavity pockets but they served their purpose well and were fantastic clubs. I spent a lot of time in 2017 working on my swing mechanics and feel that it's time to move on to the next level of equipment and these clubs all seem to fit the bill nicely. Short story long, I'm just looking for any direction, suggestions, precautions, etc. Has anyone owned multiples of these and like one over the other? If I have a slightly steep downswing and getting height is not an issue, is there a shaft option that I should look for? I know that a lot of this is subjective to each person's preference and skill level but I'm just looking to get as much data as possible. Lastly, although it shouldn't be the main determining factor.. if you have pictures PLEASE share Posted Image

Thx!

Stu

Nike Covert 2.0 Driver
Cobra Amp Cell 4 wood
Maltby KE4 Tour 3h
Maltby DBM Irons 4-GW
Cobra King 56 and 60* wedges
Cleveland Huntington Beach #3 Putter

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic