Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Mevo vs SC200 vs ES14

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 mavi0519

mavi0519

Rookie

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 382150
  • Ebay ID:mavi0519
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 21 January 2018 - 12:15 AM

Looking to purchase either Mevo, SC200 or ES14. Which is the best? Please let me know your experiences.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 mavi0519

mavi0519

Rookie

• 33 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2018 - 01:15 PM

Anybody used one? Please help!

#3 CFH

CFH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 347875
  • Handicap:24
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 22 January 2018 - 09:00 AM

View Postmavi0519, on 21 January 2018 - 12:15 AM, said:

Looking to purchase either Mevo, SC200 or ES14. Which is the best? Please let me know your experiences.

i have the sc200 and i am very happy with it. It seems petty accurate for my carry and total distances.
I only use it for dialing in my clubs as it works great for that.

The mevo gives more data including spin and launch angle. However to get good spin numbers you need to add metalic dots to the ball I don`t fancy doing that and my driving range so i stuck with the sc200.

#4 vsabre

vsabre

• 159 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 102604
GolfWRX Likes : 54

Posted 22 January 2018 - 09:31 AM

View PostCFH, on 22 January 2018 - 09:00 AM, said:

i have the sc200 and i am very happy with it. It seems petty accurate for my carry and total distances.
I only use it for dialing in my clubs as it works great for that.

The mevo gives more data including spin and launch angle. However to get good spin numbers you need to add metalic dots to the ball I don`t fancy doing that and my driving range so i stuck with the sc200.

Thanks for this, that's my impression as well. I'm really passionate about technology ( I have more time to practice than play) and I have everything from Swingbyte to Zepp. Swingbyte has been fine and I've paired it up against a Trackman at our club and believe it or not the differences were less than +/- 5% on measurables that could be compared. We do pay for our Trackman sessions so that can get expensive over time....

I've looked at the SC200 and Mevo in great detail and each has their advantages depending on how you use it and what you're looking for. I'm waiting this week to see if anything pops from the PGA show and will probably run with the SC200 if nothing earth shaking comes out of the show. Don't need to pair it with another device ( although the Mevo video function is interesting in the app) and I like the dial-in distance function of the SC200. I already have a pretty good spin profile for my driver and not necessarily thrilled about putting stickers on driving range balls to get spin numbers. No interest at all in the ES14..

Certainly cost plays a role and the SC200 can be had for $289 or less versus $499 for the Mevo, so cost versus benefit on how you'll use it is something to consider. If something with spin no stickers comes out from the show in the $500 range, I'll definitely take a look at it..

Hope that helps..
Trackman SS-97 GolfWrx SS-110

Ping G400 LST X-Torsion Copper S
Cobra King F7 Fujikura Pro 65 S 14.5* Weight Forward
Ping I Blades 4-PW S300 + 1/2 Red Dot
Mizuno TM7 Wedges 50, 54 and 58
Scotty Cameron Golo 6

#5 mavi0519

mavi0519

Rookie

• 33 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2018 - 09:57 AM

Thank you both for detailed info. I really appreciate it.

#6 mjforn

mjforn

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 487104
  • Handicap:17
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 22 January 2018 - 03:23 PM

I checked out these 3 at the end of the season. I ended up getting sc200 for reasons stated above. I have a Danamax net with a 4x5 CCE mat in the garage. Last year I would just hit balls into it, Over last summer, found I needed to work on distances with my short irons and wedges. The cs200 works well measuring the distances of the irons. What's really nice is that you can adjust the angle for each club. The remote is a nice when you change clubs.

:golfer:
Matt

Callaway GBB 9.5
Callaway 3w
Callaway Rx OS 4-AW
Cleveland CBX 52*, 56*
Titlelist Vokey 60*
Odyssey Works SS #1 Putter

#7 Fiveten03

Fiveten03

Devin

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 385208
  • Handicap:17
GolfWRX Likes : 82

Posted 22 January 2018 - 03:27 PM

Understand price is certainly a factor, and definitely wait to see if anything drops at PGA. But i don’t think S200 is comparable to Mevo. The hardware, reliability, and app output, on the Mevo is better and FS is constantly releasing firmware/software improvements. You can often find a like new used Mevo on BST for ~$400.

#8 Cwing

Cwing

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,150 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37012
  • Handicap:12.1
GolfWRX Likes : 1284

Posted 25 January 2018 - 09:00 PM

Nice reviews.
TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5 S-Stiff Atmos
TBD
TBD hybrids
TBD irons
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
PING Ketsch
Garmin g6/Caddytek V2
http://www.golfwrx.c...ings-witb-2013/

#9 Shadrach

Shadrach

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 96442
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 02 February 2018 - 05:13 PM

I'm very interested in the SC200. However, whatever (if ever?) monitor I buy must work on an outdoor range as well as indoors. I have read here and there that the SC200 is *much* happier indoors. Can anyone comment on this one way or another? Thanks.

#10 games

games

Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they are yours.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 248161
GolfWRX Likes : 471

Posted 03 February 2018 - 11:25 AM

IMO, the BEST feature of MEVO that no one talks about is the video integration!  When using video, the app edits your swing to a 5-second clip and overlays the swing data. The video can be uploaded to myflightscope.com where it can be sent to an instructor, or sent out via social media.

MEVO firmware updates have made an INCREDIBLE improvement in overall performance since its release.  Missed shots and odd readings were the norm when it was first released.  Now, they are infrequent.  Distance accuracy is very good when compared to my actual range distance, a Trugolf simulator, and a Trackman.

They who are enamoured of practice
without knowledge are like the mariner
going to sea without a rudder or compass
and who navigates without a course.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#11 vsabre

vsabre

• 159 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 102604
GolfWRX Likes : 54

Posted 03 February 2018 - 04:18 PM

View Postgames, on 03 February 2018 - 11:25 AM, said:

IMO, the BEST feature of MEVO that no one talks about is the video integration!  When using video, the app edits your swing to a 5-second clip and overlays the swing data. The video can be uploaded to myflightscope.com where it can be sent to an instructor, or sent out via social media.

MEVO firmware updates have made an INCREDIBLE improvement in overall performance since its release.  Missed shots and odd readings were the norm when it was first released.  Now, they are infrequent.  Distance accuracy is very good when compared to my actual range distance, a Trugolf simulator, and a Trackman.

Thanks for the input on the Mevo. I was interested in the video function and how later firmware updates addressed earlier issues.
Trackman SS-97 GolfWrx SS-110

Ping G400 LST X-Torsion Copper S
Cobra King F7 Fujikura Pro 65 S 14.5* Weight Forward
Ping I Blades 4-PW S300 + 1/2 Red Dot
Mizuno TM7 Wedges 50, 54 and 58
Scotty Cameron Golo 6

#12 sirparalot

sirparalot

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122974
  • Handicap:7.9
GolfWRX Likes : 126

Posted 04 February 2018 - 06:32 AM

I guess I am the only one in the ES14 court.  I have had both the ES12 and 14 and for me they have been reliable for what I expected.  On the ES14 the measured clubhead and ball speed are both very accurate and the calculations they use to determine other factors provide a solid result.  I really wanted it for the basics and never had any intentions to use it for driver fitting or anything that really requires full flight capabilities.  The only downside to the 14 for me is its size compared to the mevo or sc200.  I have no intentions of changing but if I were buying for the first time I think the Mevo would get a serious look especially because of its size and the the Flightscope reputation.  Honestly they were the first big name to take a chance on a consumer model.  That is a huge risk because failure at the consumer level can have very negative effects on brand name.  The fact that they took the jump (Trackman does not seem to want the average golfer business) shows the confidence in their technology and the years of collected data behind the scenes that brings it to life very accurately.  I think all 3 are good choices and its going to come down to how you intend to use it.

#13 FrankfurtDave

FrankfurtDave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 147845
GolfWRX Likes : 43

Posted 05 February 2018 - 05:04 AM

View Postgames, on 03 February 2018 - 11:25 AM, said:

Have to agree on this. Over the winter period I have really come to appreciate this as I try to work on my swing.

Being able to just leave the Mevo and Phone/Tablet in place and get it to record/edit/display my swings has been invaluable.

Only downside is that I now know how ugly my swing is :cry:

#14 Double K

Double K

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 187556
  • Handicap:9.2
GolfWRX Likes : 103

Posted 08 February 2018 - 01:43 PM

Do any of these do angle of attack?

If not, what kind of price point are you looking at to get that measurement?
Titleist 913D2 10.5* GD DI-6s
Titleist 913F 15* Project X X-flex
Adams 22* Hybrid
Titleist 710 AP2 4 - PW
Titleist SM4 50, 54, 58
Scotty FuturaX or Tank Cruiser #7

#15 Frankensteins Monster

Frankensteins Monster

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,389 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 214901
GolfWRX Likes : 3698

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:32 PM

View PostDouble K, on 08 February 2018 - 01:43 PM, said:

Do any of these do angle of attack?

If not, what kind of price point are you looking at to get that measurement?

No. $5000 used. Most likely $10,000+.

#16 Jakob 91

Jakob 91

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 488498
  • Handicap:54
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:15 AM

Thanks for all the insight everyone. The frequent updates with the Mevo make me think hard about it. I’ve almost pulled the trigger on the SC200, though. Again, if used on the range, is the Mevo still worth it, when you can’t get spin rate readings (unless you put the stickers on each ball, which seems stupid in a public range scenario)? The video function is nice. But so are the practice and approach modes on the SC200, which IMHO help me get better more quickly than watching my swings on video.
No loft adjustments on the Mevo, correct?
Can data from Mevo sessions be exported to create private statistics, say in Excel?
Still looking for a definitive advantage of the Mevo. Also, pricing-wise, SC200 wins.
Any opinions on these points?

#17 games

games

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:37 AM

View PostJakob 91, on 21 February 2018 - 02:15 AM, said:

Thanks for all the insight everyone. The frequent updates with the Mevo make me think hard about it. I’ve almost pulled the trigger on the SC200, though. Again, if used on the range, is the Mevo still worth it, when you can’t get spin rate readings (unless you put the stickers on each ball, which seems stupid in a public range scenario)? The video function is nice. But so are the practice and approach modes on the SC200, which IMHO help me get better more quickly than watching my swings on video.
No loft adjustments on the Mevo, correct?
Can data from Mevo sessions be exported to create private statistics, say in Excel?
Still looking for a definitive advantage of the Mevo. Also, pricing-wise, SC200 wins.
Any opinions on these points?

Unless a complete mis-hit, MEVO does a fine job of measuring spin WITHOUT stickers.
MEVO's spin without stickers compared to the indoor simulator I use is typically within 5-7%.

If I want to vary my distances during a practice session, my brain can randomize numbers.

I export my practice data to Excel, by copy/pasting from a myflightscope.com account.

#18 Jakob 91

Jakob 91

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 488498
  • Handicap:54
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:47 AM

Unless a complete mis-hit, MEVO does a fine job of measuring spin WITHOUT stickers.
MEVO's spin without stickers compared to the indoor simulator I use is typically within 5-7%.

Didn’t know this, sounds great!

If I want to vary my distances during a practice session, my brain can randomize numbers.

Sure, but the rating system and automatic random distance generation sounds like a lot more fun than saying: “Ok, 52 yards now.” But it’s not a game changer, I agree.

I export my practice data to Excel, by copy/pasting from a myflightscope.com account.

Good to know this works and another advantage of the Mevo.
SC200 gives you statistics by showing your average numbers per club. The data can be reset so one could have it as a longtime average or per session or per week etc. But no export.

Mevo is way more flexible I guess.
I just saw a YouTube review that showed vast distance miscalculations with longer clubs, though. Like 30 yards more than what Trackman showed, with the exact same hits. That put me off a little. But generally, I’m still indecisive which one to get. Mevo seems more future ready due to updates being possible. SC200 does just a few things, but does them very well and has almost all parameters that I need to see.

Edited by Jakob 91, Yesterday, 06:46 AM.

#19 games

games

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts
  •  

Posted Yesterday, 07:48 AM

I suspect Flightscope is done upgrading this model of MEVO. Havent had a firmware update in a few months.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors