Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 1 votes

Moonwood Golf - 25*, 38", and yes, I'm serious.


56 replies to this topic

#31 ghoul31

ghoul31

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 278131
  • Joined: 09/28/2013
  • Location:ohio
  • Ebay ID:ghoul311
GolfWRX Likes : 306

Posted 20 January 2018 - 06:12 PM

A 9 wood is already very easy to hit
there is no need for this


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 rawdog

rawdog

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424320
  • Joined: 05/08/2016
  • Location:Cleveland, OH
  • Handicap:8.6
  • Ebay ID:staghornsandmore
GolfWRX Likes : 2125

Posted 20 January 2018 - 08:23 PM

View Postghoul31, on 20 January 2018 - 06:12 PM, said:

A 9 wood is already very easy to hit
there is no need for this

A Moonwood is already very easy to hit. There is no need for a 9 wood.
Cobra LTD Driver
Aldila Rogue Black, 9.5* @44.5"
In1Zone Single Length Fairway Woods

Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue @41.5" 5W = 19*
Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue @41.5" 7W = 23*
Cobra F7 One Length Irons
Nippon Modus 105 Stiff @ 36.5"
6I = 24*   7I = 29*   8I = 34*   9I = 39*   PW = 44*   GW = 49*   SW = 54*   LW = 59*
Odyssey #9 HT Metal X Milled @33.5"
Maxfli SoftFli

2

#33 Patrick_O

Patrick_O

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 294618
  • Joined: 02/01/2014
  • Location:Virginia
  • Handicap:24
  • Ebay ID:p_o_sullivan
GolfWRX Likes : 267

Posted 22 January 2018 - 10:56 PM

Reminds me of the original Adams Tight Lies fairway wood (the one from the old infomercial).  I see you can buy those for like $12 now.
Cleveland XL Classic Driver
TaylorMade RBZ Stage2 Strong 3 Wood
Ping G15 4 Wood
Adams Super S 3H Hybrid
Adams Idea Black CB3 Irons 4-PW
Ping Tour S 52 and 58
Yes Tracy Putter / McGregor Bobby Grace M1 Putter

3

#34 PowderedToastMan

PowderedToastMan

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141617
  • Joined: 10/07/2011
  • Location:Calgary, Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 3883

Posted 22 January 2018 - 11:09 PM

I love fairway wood style hybrids. They launch high, super easy to hit, and manageable shaft length. Thatís exactly what this club is, but even shorter shaft length.

Iíve had success with the Moonball concept, and I think a lot of people here would be pleasantly surprised at how straight and easy to hit designs like this are. Itís really not that complicated, take a 7 wood or a 9 wood, a super easy club to hit, but cut it 3 1/2 inches shorter maintaining swing weight. Itís unbelievably easy to hit, and you lose minimal distance thanks to ultra-thin faces.

Also ask yourself why it makes sense that hybrids, iron replacements, are much longer than their iron equivalents. It doesnít, and the extra length doesnít help control (for most anyways). That all being said, I know nothing of this club aside from the picture the OP posted.
Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being. Reformed club ho.

In the bag:

PING. Lots of PING.

4

#35 rawdog

rawdog

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424320
  • Joined: 05/08/2016
  • Location:Cleveland, OH
  • Handicap:8.6
  • Ebay ID:staghornsandmore
GolfWRX Likes : 2125

Posted 22 January 2018 - 11:20 PM

View PostPowderedToastMan, on 22 January 2018 - 11:09 PM, said:

I love fairway wood style hybrids. They launch high, super easy to hit, and manageable shaft length. That's exactly what this club is, but even shorter shaft length.

I've had success with the Moonball concept, and I think a lot of people here would be pleasantly surprised at how straight and easy to hit designs like this are. It's really not that complicated, take a 7 wood or a 9 wood, a super easy club to hit, but cut it 3 1/2 inches shorter maintaining swing weight. It's unbelievably easy to hit, and you lose minimal distance thanks to ultra-thin faces.

Also ask yourself why it makes sense that hybrids, iron replacements, are much longer than their iron equivalents. It doesn't, and the extra length doesn't help control (for most anyways). That all being said, I know nothing of this club aside from the picture the OP posted.

PTM, can you remind us of your SS? I'd like to show others that there is no stigma in playing these clubs. You're no slouch from what I've read around here.

Cobra LTD Driver
Aldila Rogue Black, 9.5* @44.5"
In1Zone Single Length Fairway Woods

Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue @41.5" 5W = 19*
Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue @41.5" 7W = 23*
Cobra F7 One Length Irons
Nippon Modus 105 Stiff @ 36.5"
6I = 24*   7I = 29*   8I = 34*   9I = 39*   PW = 44*   GW = 49*   SW = 54*   LW = 59*
Odyssey #9 HT Metal X Milled @33.5"
Maxfli SoftFli

5

#36 PowderedToastMan

PowderedToastMan

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141617
  • Joined: 10/07/2011
  • Location:Calgary, Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 3883

Posted 23 January 2018 - 12:04 AM

View Postrawdog, on 22 January 2018 - 11:20 PM, said:

View PostPowderedToastMan, on 22 January 2018 - 11:09 PM, said:

I love fairway wood style hybrids. They launch high, super easy to hit, and manageable shaft length. That's exactly what this club is, but even shorter shaft length.

I've had success with the Moonball concept, and I think a lot of people here would be pleasantly surprised at how straight and easy to hit designs like this are. It's really not that complicated, take a 7 wood or a 9 wood, a super easy club to hit, but cut it 3 1/2 inches shorter maintaining swing weight. It's unbelievably easy to hit, and you lose minimal distance thanks to ultra-thin faces.

Also ask yourself why it makes sense that hybrids, iron replacements, are much longer than their iron equivalents. It doesn't, and the extra length doesn't help control (for most anyways). That all being said, I know nothing of this club aside from the picture the OP posted.

PTM, can you remind us of your SS? I'd like to show others that there is no stigma in playing these clubs. You're no slouch from what I've read around here.
About 110 with driver. Iím no monster with the big stick, but I can poke it out there 300+ when my brittle body doesnít protest.

I am a plus handicap, and Iíll agree that stigmas are abundant in golf. I donít know what it is about golfers, but the guy who hits a blade 2 iron to 40 feet is seen as the superior ball striker compared to the guy playing a 7 wood who hits it to 25 feet from the same spot. Itís pretty ridiculous.

Iíve tried pretty much every club out there, and built some pretty funky clubs. Short hybrids with big heads and low CG should be WAY more popular in my opinion. Just make sure you get the swingweight right when trimming the shaft. I also like to go a bit stiffer on these builds, as you donít need any extra help with launch and it keeps spin down. This combo gives me really high shots that go straight. Thatís just for me though. Key is finding whatís best for you and not being afraid to go with it if itís not ďnormalĒ.
Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being. Reformed club ho.

In the bag:

PING. Lots of PING.

6

#37 erock9174

erock9174

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,533 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119277
  • Joined: 12/23/2010
  • Location:North Canton, OH
  • Handicap:9.5
GolfWRX Likes : 678

Posted 23 January 2018 - 08:00 AM

View PostPowderedToastMan, on 23 January 2018 - 12:04 AM, said:

View Postrawdog, on 22 January 2018 - 11:20 PM, said:

View PostPowderedToastMan, on 22 January 2018 - 11:09 PM, said:

I love fairway wood style hybrids. They launch high, super easy to hit, and manageable shaft length. That's exactly what this club is, but even shorter shaft length.

I've had success with the Moonball concept, and I think a lot of people here would be pleasantly surprised at how straight and easy to hit designs like this are. It's really not that complicated, take a 7 wood or a 9 wood, a super easy club to hit, but cut it 3 1/2 inches shorter maintaining swing weight. It's unbelievably easy to hit, and you lose minimal distance thanks to ultra-thin faces.

Also ask yourself why it makes sense that hybrids, iron replacements, are much longer than their iron equivalents. It doesn't, and the extra length doesn't help control (for most anyways). That all being said, I know nothing of this club aside from the picture the OP posted.

PTM, can you remind us of your SS? I'd like to show others that there is no stigma in playing these clubs. You're no slouch from what I've read around here.
About 110 with driver. Iím no monster with the big stick, but I can poke it out there 300+ when my brittle body doesnít protest.

I am a plus handicap, and Iíll agree that stigmas are abundant in golf. I donít know what it is about golfers, but the guy who hits a blade 2 iron to 40 feet is seen as the superior ball striker compared to the guy playing a 7 wood who hits it to 25 feet from the same spot. Itís pretty ridiculous.

Iíve tried pretty much every club out there, and built some pretty funky clubs. Short hybrids with big heads and low CG should be WAY more popular in my opinion. Just make sure you get the swingweight right when trimming the shaft. I also like to go a bit stiffer on these builds, as you donít need any extra help with launch and it keeps spin down. This combo gives me really high shots that go straight. Thatís just for me though. Key is finding whatís best for you and not being afraid to go with it if itís not ďnormalĒ.

Big fan of the new Single Length F8 hybrids ?
Driver: Taylormade M3 12* HZRDUS T800
Fairway: Ping G400 SF Tec 7
Hybrids: Exotics Xrail 23*/26*
Irons: Ping G700 6-UW
Wedges: Cleveland CBX 56* / Callaway Sure Out 60*/64*

Putter: Ping Tyne H
Grips: GP Align MCC+4
Bag: Sun Mountain Four 5

Tracking: Game Golf

7

#38 PorscheFan

PorscheFan

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 483074
  • Joined: 09/28/2017
  • Location:Midwest
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 350

Posted 23 January 2018 - 08:30 AM

I think there's always a stigma around anything in an infomercial-style commercial, but in the end it's about whether the product works.

As you say, the basic design has merits, so it's probably about whether this style of club works for you.  Personally the visuals (and offset) wouldn't be for me, but then I have different pictures on the walls of my house than you have on yours (with the exception of Isla, of course).

Hypothesis: If TM came out with this exact club and called it something equally odd like 'Project Atmosphere' that very same hunk of iron would be flying off the shelves.

8

#39 PowderedToastMan

PowderedToastMan

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141617
  • Joined: 10/07/2011
  • Location:Calgary, Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 3883

Posted 23 January 2018 - 08:56 AM

View Posterock9174, on 23 January 2018 - 08:00 AM, said:

View PostPowderedToastMan, on 23 January 2018 - 12:04 AM, said:

View Postrawdog, on 22 January 2018 - 11:20 PM, said:

View PostPowderedToastMan, on 22 January 2018 - 11:09 PM, said:

I love fairway wood style hybrids. They launch high, super easy to hit, and manageable shaft length. That's exactly what this club is, but even shorter shaft length.

I've had success with the Moonball concept, and I think a lot of people here would be pleasantly surprised at how straight and easy to hit designs like this are. It's really not that complicated, take a 7 wood or a 9 wood, a super easy club to hit, but cut it 3 1/2 inches shorter maintaining swing weight. It's unbelievably easy to hit, and you lose minimal distance thanks to ultra-thin faces.

Also ask yourself why it makes sense that hybrids, iron replacements, are much longer than their iron equivalents. It doesn't, and the extra length doesn't help control (for most anyways). That all being said, I know nothing of this club aside from the picture the OP posted.

PTM, can you remind us of your SS? I'd like to show others that there is no stigma in playing these clubs. You're no slouch from what I've read around here.
About 110 with driver. Iím no monster with the big stick, but I can poke it out there 300+ when my brittle body doesnít protest.

I am a plus handicap, and Iíll agree that stigmas are abundant in golf. I donít know what it is about golfers, but the guy who hits a blade 2 iron to 40 feet is seen as the superior ball striker compared to the guy playing a 7 wood who hits it to 25 feet from the same spot. Itís pretty ridiculous.

Iíve tried pretty much every club out there, and built some pretty funky clubs. Short hybrids with big heads and low CG should be WAY more popular in my opinion. Just make sure you get the swingweight right when trimming the shaft. I also like to go a bit stiffer on these builds, as you donít need any extra help with launch and it keeps spin down. This combo gives me really high shots that go straight. Thatís just for me though. Key is finding whatís best for you and not being afraid to go with it if itís not ďnormalĒ.

Big fan of the new Single Length F8 hybrids ?
Some golfers are going to love them. They will definitely be too short for some people though (37.25Ē). Plus, people who donít game single length irons likely will be turned away, as they likely wonít want to game a hybrid thatís shorter than their 6 iron, 5 iron, etc..

Itís a shame they arenít offered in X. I think it would have been better if the front to back was stretched out more, pushing the CG further back. It looks like a playerís hybrid, which are really most beneficial for players who already hit it high.

Edited by PowderedToastMan, 23 January 2018 - 10:31 AM.

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being. Reformed club ho.

In the bag:

PING. Lots of PING.

9

#40 EddieEdwards

EddieEdwards

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 377408
  • Joined: 05/25/2015
  • Location:Sandtrap
GolfWRX Likes : 80

Posted 23 January 2018 - 01:59 PM

I have a 39" 9 wood, maltby ufw 24 deg. and an orlimar 27 deg at 38".  I switch between the 9 wood and 4 iron depending on the course.  The orlimar would replace my 5 iron.  I'm currently not playing it.  My ss is just under 100.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#41 Gdashoff

Gdashoff

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 482648
  • Joined: 09/24/2017
  • Location:NC
GolfWRX Likes : 103

Posted 23 January 2018 - 03:33 PM

So I have a set of Wishon single lengths and was thinking about cutting down a old hybrid and 3 wood I have to make a continuous. Can I just cut them down to give this is a shot?

11

#42 sm_watts

sm_watts

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 89539
  • Joined: 07/24/2009
  • Location:Chasin' antelopes in Wyoming
  • Ebay ID:shawnthepeman
GolfWRX Likes : 108

Posted 23 January 2018 - 03:45 PM

It's not like all infomercial clubs are bad - remember the Orlimar Tri-Metal?  I was working at a golf shop when they came out.  People were very skeptical, plus the price was a little high for back then, so they would come in and buy one.  Then they would come back in the next week and buy 2 more :)
Cobra F7/Aldila Rogue Black
TEE e8 22 & 25 hybrids/Recoil 460
Bridgestone J40 DPC's/Recoil 95
Hmmm, back to Snake Eyes wedges for now
TP Mills Sycamore...or Spaulding TPM VIII...or maybe the TP Mills Elite...or the Softtail???

12

#43 rawdog

rawdog

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424320
  • Joined: 05/08/2016
  • Location:Cleveland, OH
  • Handicap:8.6
  • Ebay ID:staghornsandmore
GolfWRX Likes : 2125

Posted 23 January 2018 - 03:50 PM

View PostGdashoff, on 23 January 2018 - 03:33 PM, said:

So I have a set of Wishon single lengths and was thinking about cutting down a old hybrid and 3 wood I have to make a continuous. Can I just cut them down to give this is a shot?

Would want to add some weight back to the heads or else they're going to be super light.

Also would want to take a look at lie angle. It won't match the irons. It may or may not make a difference. Just things to consider.
Cobra LTD Driver
Aldila Rogue Black, 9.5* @44.5"
In1Zone Single Length Fairway Woods

Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue @41.5" 5W = 19*
Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue @41.5" 7W = 23*
Cobra F7 One Length Irons
Nippon Modus 105 Stiff @ 36.5"
6I = 24*   7I = 29*   8I = 34*   9I = 39*   PW = 44*   GW = 49*   SW = 54*   LW = 59*
Odyssey #9 HT Metal X Milled @33.5"
Maxfli SoftFli

13

#44 Gdashoff

Gdashoff

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 482648
  • Joined: 09/24/2017
  • Location:NC
GolfWRX Likes : 103

Posted 23 January 2018 - 04:14 PM

View Postrawdog, on 23 January 2018 - 03:50 PM, said:

View PostGdashoff, on 23 January 2018 - 03:33 PM, said:

So I have a set of Wishon single lengths and was thinking about cutting down a old hybrid and 3 wood I have to make a continuous. Can I just cut them down to give this is a shot?

Would want to add some weight back to the heads or else they're going to be super light.

Also would want to take a look at lie angle. It won't match the irons. It may or may not make a difference. Just things to consider.

Yea I was worried about the lie angle, might just try it and see for now as I don't have a way to adjust that myself, I have an old set of Slazenger woods and hybrids from 15 years ago that are just taking up room right now that would work well for this.

14

#45 Hit 'Em Straight

Hit 'Em Straight

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 480284
  • Joined: 08/27/2017
  • Location:South Jersey (Philly Burbs)
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 968

Posted 23 January 2018 - 04:24 PM

View Postrawdog, on 19 January 2018 - 11:44 PM, said:


Saw this today and was intrigued. Seems like it checks a lot of the boxes for a playable club. Low COG, short shaft, decent loft, lots of mass.

At $179, I'd rather have an F7 hybrid, but since I play SL irons at 36.5", this might be a decent club to give a legit shot.


Since you play SL, it may be worthwhile to check out Pinhawk SLH single-length hybrids.  Only $56, so little more palatable price point for buying something without being able to hit it.  It would match in well with your set.  They have a 5 hybrid at 25 and a 4 hybrid at 20.  

I have the irons and like them.  But do not have the hybrids, so can't speak to those.

https://www.valuegol...awk-slh-hybrids


15

#46 rawdog

rawdog

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424320
  • Joined: 05/08/2016
  • Location:Cleveland, OH
  • Handicap:8.6
  • Ebay ID:staghornsandmore
GolfWRX Likes : 2125

Posted 23 January 2018 - 04:46 PM

View PostHit, on 23 January 2018 - 04:24 PM, said:

View Postrawdog, on 19 January 2018 - 11:44 PM, said:

Saw this today and was intrigued. Seems like it checks a lot of the boxes for a playable club. Low COG, short shaft, decent loft, lots of mass.

At $179, I'd rather have an F7 hybrid, but since I play SL irons at 36.5", this might be a decent club to give a legit shot.


Since you play SL, it may be worthwhile to check out Pinhawk SLH single-length hybrids.  Only $56, so little more palatable price point for buying something without being able to hit it.  It would match in well with your set.  They have a 5 hybrid at 25 and a 4 hybrid at 20.  

I have the irons and like them.  But do not have the hybrids, so can't speak to those.

https://www.valuegol...awk-slh-hybrids

Oh, yeah, now you're speaking my language. I plan on building some of the Pinhawk SL woods this spring, and I'm debating on going with the 20* hybrid at 36.5", or play the 24* FW at 41.5".

For the price, I may just get the both and swap them in an out if the gapping is too close.

Edited by rawdog, 23 January 2018 - 04:47 PM.

Cobra LTD Driver
Aldila Rogue Black, 9.5* @44.5"
In1Zone Single Length Fairway Woods

Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue @41.5" 5W = 19*
Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue @41.5" 7W = 23*
Cobra F7 One Length Irons
Nippon Modus 105 Stiff @ 36.5"
6I = 24*   7I = 29*   8I = 34*   9I = 39*   PW = 44*   GW = 49*   SW = 54*   LW = 59*
Odyssey #9 HT Metal X Milled @33.5"
Maxfli SoftFli

16

#47 ghoul31

ghoul31

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 278131
  • Joined: 09/28/2013
  • Location:ohio
  • Ebay ID:ghoul311
GolfWRX Likes : 306

Posted 23 January 2018 - 04:50 PM

View Postrawdog, on 20 January 2018 - 08:23 PM, said:

View Postghoul31, on 20 January 2018 - 06:12 PM, said:

A 9 wood is already very easy to hit
there is no need for this

A Moonwood is already very easy to hit. There is no need for a 9 wood.

You can get   Callaway 9 wood for a lot less than this

But if you like wasting money than go for it

17

#48 timbo08

timbo08

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105122
  • Joined: 03/21/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 321

Posted 23 January 2018 - 04:51 PM

Reminds me a lot of the PRGR Egg style fairway that's apparently pretty popular in Japan? http://blog.tourspec...date-wryoma-f2/

18

#49 rawdog

rawdog

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424320
  • Joined: 05/08/2016
  • Location:Cleveland, OH
  • Handicap:8.6
  • Ebay ID:staghornsandmore
GolfWRX Likes : 2125

Posted 23 January 2018 - 04:53 PM

View Postghoul31, on 23 January 2018 - 04:50 PM, said:

View Postrawdog, on 20 January 2018 - 08:23 PM, said:

View Postghoul31, on 20 January 2018 - 06:12 PM, said:

A 9 wood is already very easy to hit
there is no need for this

A Moonwood is already very easy to hit. There is no need for a 9 wood.

You can get   Callaway 9 wood for a lot less than this

But if you like wasting money than go for it

I hear ya. I was just goofing around.

I bought an 07 Burner 7 wood for $15 that I was going to cut down this spring, but I flipped it on ebay for $45.

I love the idea of a shorter length wood with a ton of loft.
Cobra LTD Driver
Aldila Rogue Black, 9.5* @44.5"
In1Zone Single Length Fairway Woods

Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue @41.5" 5W = 19*
Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue @41.5" 7W = 23*
Cobra F7 One Length Irons
Nippon Modus 105 Stiff @ 36.5"
6I = 24*   7I = 29*   8I = 34*   9I = 39*   PW = 44*   GW = 49*   SW = 54*   LW = 59*
Odyssey #9 HT Metal X Milled @33.5"
Maxfli SoftFli

19

#50 Hit 'Em Straight

Hit 'Em Straight

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 480284
  • Joined: 08/27/2017
  • Location:South Jersey (Philly Burbs)
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 968

Posted 23 January 2018 - 04:55 PM

View Postrawdog, on 23 January 2018 - 04:46 PM, said:

View PostHit, on 23 January 2018 - 04:24 PM, said:

View Postrawdog, on 19 January 2018 - 11:44 PM, said:

Saw this today and was intrigued. Seems like it checks a lot of the boxes for a playable club. Low COG, short shaft, decent loft, lots of mass.

At $179, I'd rather have an F7 hybrid, but since I play SL irons at 36.5", this might be a decent club to give a legit shot.


Since you play SL, it may be worthwhile to check out Pinhawk SLH single-length hybrids.  Only $56, so little more palatable price point for buying something without being able to hit it.  It would match in well with your set.  They have a 5 hybrid at 25 and a 4 hybrid at 20.  

I have the irons and like them.  But do not have the hybrids, so can't speak to those.

https://www.valuegol...awk-slh-hybrids

Oh, yeah, now you're speaking my language. I plan on building some of the Pinhawk SL woods this spring, and I'm debating on going with the 20* hybrid at 36.5", or play the 24* FW at 41.5".

For the price, I may just get the both and swap them in an out if the gapping is too close.

I have the 20* 5W and 24* 7W.  Super easy to hit.

I have the 20* 4 iron, but don't have the swing speed to get it in the air so went straight to the fairway woods.  Although I've heard good things about the hybrids, I just don't know that I'd be able to lunch that short of a 20* club even as a hybrid.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#51 rawdog

rawdog

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424320
  • Joined: 05/08/2016
  • Location:Cleveland, OH
  • Handicap:8.6
  • Ebay ID:staghornsandmore
GolfWRX Likes : 2125

Posted 23 January 2018 - 05:12 PM

View PostHit, on 23 January 2018 - 04:55 PM, said:

View Postrawdog, on 23 January 2018 - 04:46 PM, said:

View PostHit, on 23 January 2018 - 04:24 PM, said:

View Postrawdog, on 19 January 2018 - 11:44 PM, said:

Saw this today and was intrigued. Seems like it checks a lot of the boxes for a playable club. Low COG, short shaft, decent loft, lots of mass.

At $179, I'd rather have an F7 hybrid, but since I play SL irons at 36.5", this might be a decent club to give a legit shot.


Since you play SL, it may be worthwhile to check out Pinhawk SLH single-length hybrids.  Only $56, so little more palatable price point for buying something without being able to hit it.  It would match in well with your set.  They have a 5 hybrid at 25 and a 4 hybrid at 20.  

I have the irons and like them.  But do not have the hybrids, so can't speak to those.

https://www.valuegol...awk-slh-hybrids

Oh, yeah, now you're speaking my language. I plan on building some of the Pinhawk SL woods this spring, and I'm debating on going with the 20* hybrid at 36.5", or play the 24* FW at 41.5".

For the price, I may just get the both and swap them in an out if the gapping is too close.

I have the 20* 5W and 24* 7W.  Super easy to hit.

I have the 20* 4 iron, but don't have the swing speed to get it in the air so went straight to the fairway woods.  Although I've heard good things about the hybrids, I just don't know that I'd be able to lunch that short of a 20* club even as a hybrid.

That's awesome. To not sidetrack the thread, could you PM me your SS and maybe some more info on the woods? Shaft, length, etc. Pics would be even more awesome.

Thanks!
Cobra LTD Driver
Aldila Rogue Black, 9.5* @44.5"
In1Zone Single Length Fairway Woods

Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue @41.5" 5W = 19*
Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue @41.5" 7W = 23*
Cobra F7 One Length Irons
Nippon Modus 105 Stiff @ 36.5"
6I = 24*   7I = 29*   8I = 34*   9I = 39*   PW = 44*   GW = 49*   SW = 54*   LW = 59*
Odyssey #9 HT Metal X Milled @33.5"
Maxfli SoftFli

21

#52 PreppySlapCut

PreppySlapCut

    This is just babytown frolics...

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,017 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4840
  • Joined: 08/09/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 807

Posted 24 January 2018 - 12:42 AM

The Perfect Club and Bobby Jones clubs were both infomercial clubs whose designs were incredibly well suited to a LOT of players.
Ping G400 MAX 9* w/ Tour 65 (X)
Ping G 14.5* & 19.5* w/ Tour 80 (X)
Ping G30 22* w/ Accra Kuchar Proto 85 (X)
Ping i210 5-PW w/ KBS TGI 95
Ping Glide 2.0 50*, 55*, 60* w/ KBS TGI 100
Scotty Cameron Toolbox

22

#53 dawgfan03

dawgfan03

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7683
  • Joined: 11/11/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 07 April 2018 - 07:36 PM

View Postrawdog, on 19 January 2018 - 11:44 PM, said:

Note: This post is not in jest, and I'm not associated with the company.

Saw this today and was intrigued. Seems like it checks a lot of the boxes for a playable club. Low COG, short shaft, decent loft, lots of mass.

At $179, I'd rather have an F7 hybrid, but since I play SL irons at 36.5", this might be a decent club to give a legit shot.

Does anyone have experience with this?

In a world of infomercial products, this doesn't seem toooooo gimmicky, does it? ;)

https://www.moonwoodgolf.com/

I think this club is legit for the average golfer. It looks like it would help full shots and chipping.

23

#54 nosedive32

nosedive32

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 321799
  • Joined: 06/18/2014
  • Location:Alabama
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 105

Posted 15 April 2018 - 08:45 PM

"This seems like a new version of the Perfect Club."

That is an insult to the perfect club. At least it looked like a golf club and was ahead of the curve
PXG 0811 LX 10.5 Hzrdus Yellow 65
PXG 0341 13.5 Hzrdus Yellow 75
Titleist 917 F2 16.5 Diamana Blue 70
Titleist 816 H1 19 Diamana Blue 70
Titleist 816 H1 22 Diamana Blue 70
Titleist 816 H1 25 Diamana Blue 70
Titleist 716 AP1 6-PW, 52 KBS Tour 110
Titleist SM6 58-12 K Grind
PXG Dagger C Blacked Out 34 Inch Pure Midsize

24

#55 rawdog

rawdog

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424320
  • Joined: 05/08/2016
  • Location:Cleveland, OH
  • Handicap:8.6
  • Ebay ID:staghornsandmore
GolfWRX Likes : 2125

Posted 15 April 2018 - 09:53 PM

View PostHit, on 23 January 2018 - 04:55 PM, said:

View Postrawdog, on 23 January 2018 - 04:46 PM, said:

View PostHit, on 23 January 2018 - 04:24 PM, said:

View Postrawdog, on 19 January 2018 - 11:44 PM, said:

Saw this today and was intrigued. Seems like it checks a lot of the boxes for a playable club. Low COG, short shaft, decent loft, lots of mass.

At $179, I'd rather have an F7 hybrid, but since I play SL irons at 36.5", this might be a decent club to give a legit shot.


Since you play SL, it may be worthwhile to check out Pinhawk SLH single-length hybrids.  Only $56, so little more palatable price point for buying something without being able to hit it.  It would match in well with your set.  They have a 5 hybrid at 25 and a 4 hybrid at 20.  

I have the irons and like them.  But do not have the hybrids, so can't speak to those.

https://www.valuegol...awk-slh-hybrids

Oh, yeah, now you're speaking my language. I plan on building some of the Pinhawk SL woods this spring, and I'm debating on going with the 20* hybrid at 36.5", or play the 24* FW at 41.5".

For the price, I may just get the both and swap them in an out if the gapping is too close.

I have the 20* 5W and 24* 7W.  Super easy to hit.

I have the 20* 4 iron, but don't have the swing speed to get it in the air so went straight to the fairway woods.  Although I've heard good things about the hybrids, I just don't know that I'd be able to lunch that short of a 20* club even as a hybrid.

Hey, since this thread has been revived, just a quick update:

I ordered in1zone single length fairways Friday. They hand-picked 15*, 19* and 23* heads for me for a slight upcharge. 41.5" length.

But, the price was so good at under $50 per club that the upcharge was worth it.

I should have them this week and will post pics and maybe a review if it ever stops raining here...

https://www.diamondt...irway-wood.html

Edited by rawdog, 15 April 2018 - 09:54 PM.

Cobra LTD Driver
Aldila Rogue Black, 9.5* @44.5"
In1Zone Single Length Fairway Woods

Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue @41.5" 5W = 19*
Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue @41.5" 7W = 23*
Cobra F7 One Length Irons
Nippon Modus 105 Stiff @ 36.5"
6I = 24*   7I = 29*   8I = 34*   9I = 39*   PW = 44*   GW = 49*   SW = 54*   LW = 59*
Odyssey #9 HT Metal X Milled @33.5"
Maxfli SoftFli

25

#56 Rapatt95

Rapatt95

    wow

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 406840
  • Joined: 12/27/2015
  • Location:Pa
  • Handicap:lol
GolfWRX Likes : 289

Posted 15 April 2018 - 10:29 PM

View PostSean2, on 20 January 2018 - 03:21 PM, said:

Good for Walter! Nice story. :-)

Too right about parking one's ego. I see other seniors who can't drive the ball 160 yards insist on playing the middle tees instead of giving themselves a chance to score by moving up to the forward tees...no one give a sh!t what tees you play but you. lol

+1 on the tee choices. Here in Pa we finally had weather to play this weekend and me and my roommate got out for 9 holes at the local course.

We both played for the local college and always played the back tees because of it. Now that we’re both graduated, we walked up to the first tee, looked at each other, and waltzed right on up 50 yards to the next set of tees. There was a twosome teeing off as we got there that we had to wait on.

Probably a man and his wife, she drove the ball about 100 yards and him maybe 150. They didn’t look that old but they played the forward tees together and in all, my buddy and I waited maybe twice the whole round.

We all played forward respectively, no one had to wait on anyone, and my roommate and I shot lower than we usually would even though neither of us had swung on green grass in 5 months.

It was truly the antithesis of a lot of the threads here. A beautiful day on the course, teeing it forward, and some good company.

It was cool being out on the course again and everything going so swimmingly. I think it’s gonna be a good year for golf. Here’s to hoping everyone has some rounds this year like the one I had yesterday!
Callaway XR16 9* Aldila Tour Blue ATX75tx
Adams Tight Lies Tour 18* 5w Aldila Tour Blue ATX75tx
Cobra T-Rail 19* 3H Aldila Tour Green ATX75x
Ben Hogan PTx 22*-46* C-Taper Lite 115x (Thank you GolfWRX and Ben Hogan!)
Ping Gorge Tour 50/54/58 TT Tour Concept S3
Ping Karsten 1959 B60

26

#57 Tag56

Tag56

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 267736
  • Joined: 08/01/2013
  • Location:Prattville, Alabama
  • Handicap:0.2
GolfWRX Likes : 36

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:25 AM

They should have named it morning wood, with just one look it will eradicate that quicker than it will do anything positive for your golf game.
Driver: Callaway GBB Epic SZ 9* Aldila Rogue I/O 60X
3-wood: Taylormade 2016 M2 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 70X
2-hybrid: Titleist 913H 17* set to 18.75. Project x 6.5.
Irons: Titleist 718 T-MB 4, 718  MB 5-pw. C-taper 125
Wedges: Titleist SM7 50*, 56*, and 60*. KBS tour 120
Putter:  Scotty Cameron California Monterey.
Ball: Taylormade TP5X.

27



4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors