Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Shorts Recommendations


69 replies to this topic

#61 KCCO

KCCO

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,854 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138532
  • Joined: 09/06/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 592

Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:14 AM

Please just don’t wear shorts with a dress style golf shoe....I don’t like shorts personally, but my opinion look rather sloppy with a pair of wingtips on. At least now we have more athletic style looking golf shoes to make the shorts work a little better, but I won’t wear shorts in a match ever. (Just what I’m comfortable with)

*as with most their clothes running a bit snug, I found some shorts from Nike I will wear casually, and def fit the bill of length.

Titleist 917 D3   Tour Spec Speeder
Titleist 917 F2   Tensei Orange
Titleist 818 H2   Tensei White
Titleist 718 CB 4-PW KBS C-Taper Limited Gun Metal
PXG Darkness 52/58    MCI-100 black
009 ProV1


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#62 dillardiv

dillardiv

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 420740
  • Joined: 04/13/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:21 AM

View PostOutBackHack, on 03 May 2018 - 05:43 AM, said:

View Postclouse8, on 08 April 2018 - 07:49 PM, said:

Lululemon are the way to go

Agreed... Yeah yeah they're expensive, you think it's a women's clothing brand, but I have 2 pairs of pants and 3 pairs of shorts and I will never have to buy another pair of pants or shorts to replace them if ANYTHING goes wrong with them...Lulu will replace, for free, for any reason.
Besides that, they're the most comfortable clothes I've ever worn.

My Lulu issue is they don't make the ABC shorts anymore. The golf-style shorts they make now aren't the same material as the ABC pants and they don't fit me as well. HUGE fan of ABC pants and I have a bunch of other workout gear from them and it's all fantastic.

2

#63 Ryanak27

Ryanak27

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 243047
  • Joined: 04/05/2013
  • Location:Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 03 May 2018 - 09:58 AM

Best shorts I've ever owned are from Travis Mathew. Quality is fantastic and for me they fit the best. Plus I like the fact that I can wear them both to the course and out on the street where they don't look like golf shorts and look more like casual shorts.

3

#64 OutBackHack

OutBackHack

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 296687
  • Joined: 02/13/2014
  • Location:Sea Island
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 474

Posted 03 May 2018 - 11:56 AM

View Postdillardiv, on 03 May 2018 - 07:21 AM, said:

View PostOutBackHack, on 03 May 2018 - 05:43 AM, said:

View Postclouse8, on 08 April 2018 - 07:49 PM, said:

Lululemon are the way to go

Agreed... Yeah yeah they're expensive, you think it's a women's clothing brand, but I have 2 pairs of pants and 3 pairs of shorts and I will never have to buy another pair of pants or shorts to replace them if ANYTHING goes wrong with them...Lulu will replace, for free, for any reason.
Besides that, they're the most comfortable clothes I've ever worn.

My Lulu issue is they don't make the ABC shorts anymore. The golf-style shorts they make now aren't the same material as the ABC pants and they don't fit me as well. HUGE fan of ABC pants and I have a bunch of other workout gear from them and it's all fantastic.

Never tried the ABC shorts, but you're right, pants are the best, I could sleep in them.

4

#65 OutBackHack

OutBackHack

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 296687
  • Joined: 02/13/2014
  • Location:Sea Island
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 474

Posted 03 May 2018 - 11:59 AM

View PostRyanak27, on 03 May 2018 - 09:58 AM, said:

Best shorts I've ever owned are from Travis Mathew. Quality is fantastic and for me they fit the best. Plus I like the fact that I can wear them both to the course and out on the street where they don't look like golf shorts and look more like casual shorts.

Never tried them, but I'm sure they are great too. My player is sponsored by Travis Mathew and he gives me polos a few times a year and they are truly beautiful shirts.


5

#66 earleyrc

earleyrc

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 457212
  • Joined: 03/02/2017
  • Location:Pennsylvania
  • Handicap:6.3
GolfWRX Likes : 175

Posted 06 May 2018 - 07:16 PM

View PostNickJ, on 03 May 2018 - 12:05 AM, said:

JCrew Tech

Love these shorts.  Wish they had some more color options because the 9" are the perfect length and taper I prefer.
Driver (9.5°) - Titleist 915D3 Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 74
Wood (15°) - Titleist 915Fd Diamana D+ White 80
Hybrid (19°) - Titleist 913h Diamana S+ Blue 82
Irons (4-9) - Titleist 718AP2 DG S300 AMT
Wedges (46.08F, 50.08F) - Vokey SM6 DG S200
Wedges (54.10,58.10) - Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 DG S200
Flat Stick (34") - Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Matador Mid

6

#67 NickJ

NickJ

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 182072
  • Joined: 05/20/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 08 May 2018 - 11:34 PM

View Postearleyrc, on 06 May 2018 - 07:16 PM, said:

View PostNickJ, on 03 May 2018 - 12:05 AM, said:

JCrew Tech

Love these shorts.  Wish they had some more color options because the 9" are the perfect length and taper I prefer.

Completely agree.

7

#68 aiyyer

aiyyer

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 95278
  • Joined: 09/26/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 193

Posted 11 July 2018 - 05:20 AM

Greg Norman travel shorts are under $15 at Costco - slim fit and really good


8

#69 ((hoselrocket))

((hoselrocket))

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 48794
  • Joined: 02/13/2008
  • Location:The Dirty South
GolfWRX Likes : 77

Posted 11 July 2018 - 09:57 AM

Youd like the Adidas 365 then.  Those things are jams...

I personally like them right above my knee, so many I take  to be hemmed.  Right now, off the rack, Im liking the Nike slim fit golf short.

Edited by ((hoselrocket)), 11 July 2018 - 09:58 AM.


9

#70 Skeough

Skeough

    Forever trying to be the ball

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 142793
  • Joined: 10/16/2011
  • Location:British Columbia
  • Handicap:+2
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 11 July 2018 - 11:39 PM

Grown quite fond of the Lululemon Commission shorts this year. Great colors, super comfy and available in several inseam lengths

PGA of Canada Class A -> BC
Callaway Epic  9.5* -> Tour AD DI 6x
Exotics CBX 18* -> HZRDUS Yellow 6.5
Titleist T-MB 2 Iron -> DG X100
Titleist 716 CB 4-6, MB 7-PW -> DG X100
Vokey SM5 52F/56M/60L -> DG X100
Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors