Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Vice golf balls


122 replies to this topic

#91 reider69

reider69

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 376572
  • Joined: 05/19/2015
  • Location:Midwest
  • Handicap:golf
GolfWRX Likes : 201

Posted 23 April 2018 - 12:45 PM

I played Vice Pro Red yesterday.  Ball is so soft and feels amazing off the face.  I actually hit a tree and ball didn't make loud crack you usually hear but made a soft thud.  Spin around greens was great and visibility was awesome.  I have always played white balls but I think I prefer a colored ball now.  Vice makes a great product and the value proposition is off the charts.

Cobra F7 - Matrix Ozik Black Tie M4 70 X
Cobra BioCell+ - Matrix Ozik Red Tie 6Q3 X
Cobra BioCell 3-4 Hybrid - Aldila Rogue Black 85 X
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-G, KBS C Taper Lite X
Mizuno T7 - 54 and 58
Never Compromise Gambler Flush, Garsen Ultimate Grip

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#92 QuigleyDU

QuigleyDU

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,953 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62095
  • Joined: 08/01/2008
  • Location:reno nv
  • Ebay ID:reederc2
GolfWRX Likes : 1198

Posted 25 April 2018 - 04:51 PM

View Postreider69, on 23 April 2018 - 12:45 PM, said:

I played Vice Pro Red yesterday.  Ball is so soft and feels amazing off the face.  I actually hit a tree and ball didn't make loud crack you usually hear but made a soft thud.  Spin around greens was great and visibility was awesome.  I have always played white balls but I think I prefer a colored ball now.  Vice makes a great product and the value proposition is off the charts.

i liked the red color, but man they scar easily. i played the pro plus for a bit. i still have a few. i never play the same ball for very long. other than i regularly go back to the srixon z-star.

Edited by QuigleyDU, 26 April 2018 - 12:56 PM.

driver: SRIXON Z745
fairway: NIKE VAPOR 13*
3-4 IRON: MIZZY MP H5 GD AMT X100.
5-PW IRONS: MP5 DG AMT X100
WEDGES; CLEVELAND rtx 3.0 RAW
PUTTER; PING SIGMA G SHEA H
BALL; various, ask me that day.

2

#93 MBBG

MBBG

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 281663
  • Joined: 10/25/2013
  • Location:South Chicagoland
GolfWRX Likes : 617

Posted 25 April 2018 - 10:38 PM

View PostQuigleyDU, on 25 April 2018 - 04:51 PM, said:

man they scare easily.

Posted Image

Edited by MBBG, 25 April 2018 - 10:39 PM.

Ping G400 LS Tec 8.5 UST Chrome 6F4T
Ping G400 14.5* 3W Alta CB S
RomaRo Type R 18* UT Nunchuk .370
Srixon U45 23* i95 Steelfiber S
Epon AF-705 6-AW Steelfiber i110 S
'15 Vokey Cold Forged 51/56 Modus 125 Wedge
Callaway PM Grind 60*
Odyssey Works SaberTooth “cheater” putter
In a worn out Tartan Ogio Recoil stand bag

3

#94 QuigleyDU

QuigleyDU

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,953 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62095
  • Joined: 08/01/2008
  • Location:reno nv
  • Ebay ID:reederc2
GolfWRX Likes : 1198

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:57 PM

View PostMBBG, on 25 April 2018 - 10:38 PM, said:

View PostQuigleyDU, on 25 April 2018 - 04:51 PM, said:

man they scare easily.

Posted Image


hahah scar, i meant scar, get blemished, look imperfect. haha
driver: SRIXON Z745
fairway: NIKE VAPOR 13*
3-4 IRON: MIZZY MP H5 GD AMT X100.
5-PW IRONS: MP5 DG AMT X100
WEDGES; CLEVELAND rtx 3.0 RAW
PUTTER; PING SIGMA G SHEA H
BALL; various, ask me that day.

4

#95 baloo

baloo

    A Person

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140341
  • Joined: 09/28/2011
  • Location:Wisconsin
  • Handicap:2.7
  • Ebay ID:k2baloo
GolfWRX Likes : 465

Posted 26 April 2018 - 04:45 PM

They're out of stock of the lime green and red. Need to sell some of my extras first anyway.

Driver, 3W, 4W - Macgregor Custom Tourney
2i-9i - 75' Custom Wilson Dynapowers
PW, SW - Wilson Staff
Putter - Bullseye

5

#96 SecondandGoal

SecondandGoal

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 480366
  • Joined: 08/28/2017
  • Location:South Shore MA
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 27 April 2018 - 07:52 AM

I've been playing the Pro+ since last summer after being a dedicated Pro V1x guy for years. My sight is still pretty good, but I have a problem tracking a ball after 180 yards or so, especially if I don't pick it up right off the club, so I was intrigued by the lime green. Tried a dozen off of Amazon and another dozen off eBay when they were having supply problems last year, and absolutely loved them. Didn't completely solve the problem of picking the ball up off the club, but it certainly helped, and the ball's performance was close enough to the Pro V1x that I didn't even notice. Love the feel of the ball off the clubface and putter. When they finally came back into stock, I took the plunge and bought 10 dozen.

Paint scuffing, as others have noticed, can be a bit of an issue. So far, I've found one particular dozen out of the 10 I bought to be fairly bad, the rest have been about the same durability as any other ball. Probably a case of a bit of QC slippage trying to get them back in stock as quickly as possible. Even the "bad" balls lasted long enough that the value was still there.

I'll try some other stuff out here and there if I get a free offer (2 dozen Warrior Golf balls on the way for free right now), but the Pro+ is definitely my stock ball.
Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero
Fairway: Callaway Epic 4 (14*) and 5 (19*)
Irons: Pinhawk SL (4-PW)
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-3 2 dot (50, 54, 58)
Putter: Odyssey 3-ball

6

#97 Shifty242

Shifty242

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 499598
  • Joined: 04/19/2018
  • Location:ATX
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 28 April 2018 - 12:45 PM

I have played both the Pro and Pro Plus for the last two years and have been very pleased with the price and performance of both. Initially I preferred the Pro Plus, if for no reason other than "feel." Played the Pro yesterday and wondered what is the difference between the two.

I checked the vice website this morning and the only difference seems to be the dimple design:


VICE PRO WHITE

318 DIMPLE DESIGN WITH EXTRA LARGE DIMPLES

Less is more: We have reduced the number of dimples dramatically and increased the diameter of the dimples significantly. This reduces air resistance to a minimum. The result is a more stable trajectory of the golf ball with even higher ball speed.



VICE PRO PLUS WHITE

336 DIMPLE DESIGN FOR AN OPTIMIZED FLIGHT TRAJECTORY



The number of dimples is optimized to minimize dispersion and offer a stable ball flight trajectory. This helps to keep the ball straight even when playing into the wind and facilitates ball control off the club face.



The descriptions are worded differently, but appear to say the same thing.
Is this just a subtle difference to cater to different caliber players?


7

#98 Brunzy

Brunzy

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 498746
  • Joined: 04/11/2018
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 28 April 2018 - 12:50 PM

These seem to be a no brainer after reading into them.....then hearing everyone's thoughts! I will have to pick some up for sure here for this season, so they make vivid color balls yet like a bunch of the other manufacturers are doing?
That vivid orange is just awesome to see!

8

#99 djfalcone

djfalcone

    Exceptionally Average

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 395 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 136969
  • Joined: 08/18/2011
  • Location:Raleigh, North Carolina
  • Ebay ID:falconeusmc
GolfWRX Likes : 511

Posted 28 April 2018 - 01:07 PM

I bought 5 dozen 4 days again after getting an email for a free dozen with purchase. Buddy of mine turned me onto them about a year ago - just had way too many sitting in the garage to buy them, but I couldn't pass up the deal.
Taylormade M3 9.5
915f 13*
915h 18*
Taylormade P730 4-9
Taylormade MG 47,52,56,60
Custom Byron
TP5X


Instagram : danieljfalcone

http://www.golfwrx.c...l-you-about-it/
^^I caddied for Rory and JVegas

9

#100 baloo

baloo

    A Person

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140341
  • Joined: 09/28/2011
  • Location:Wisconsin
  • Handicap:2.7
  • Ebay ID:k2baloo
GolfWRX Likes : 465

Posted 28 April 2018 - 11:05 PM

View PostShifty242, on 28 April 2018 - 12:45 PM, said:

I have played both the Pro and Pro Plus for the last two years and have been very pleased with the price and performance of both. Initially I preferred the Pro Plus, if for no reason other than "feel." Played the Pro yesterday and wondered what is the difference between the two.

I checked the vice website this morning and the only difference seems to be the dimple design:


    VICE PRO WHITE

    318 DIMPLE DESIGN WITH EXTRA LARGE DIMPLES

Less is more: We have reduced the number of dimples dramatically and increased the diameter of the dimples significantly. This reduces air resistance to a minimum. The result is a more stable trajectory of the golf ball with even higher ball speed.



    VICE PRO PLUS WHITE

    336 DIMPLE DESIGN FOR AN OPTIMIZED FLIGHT TRAJECTORY



The number of dimples is optimized to minimize dispersion and offer a stable ball flight trajectory. This helps to keep the ball straight even when playing into the wind and facilitates ball control off the club face.



The descriptions are worded differently, but appear to say the same thing.
Is this just a subtle difference to cater to different caliber players?


pro plus is a 4 piece and pro is a 3 piece

Driver, 3W, 4W - Macgregor Custom Tourney
2i-9i - 75' Custom Wilson Dynapowers
PW, SW - Wilson Staff
Putter - Bullseye

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#101 Shifty242

Shifty242

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 499598
  • Joined: 04/19/2018
  • Location:ATX
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 29 April 2018 - 09:33 AM

View Postbaloo, on 28 April 2018 - 11:05 PM, said:

View PostShifty242, on 28 April 2018 - 12:45 PM, said:

I have played both the Pro and Pro Plus for the last two years and have been very pleased with the price and performance of both. Initially I preferred the Pro Plus, if for no reason other than "feel." Played the Pro yesterday and wondered what is the difference between the two.

I checked the vice website this morning and the only difference seems to be the dimple design:


VICE PRO WHITE

318 DIMPLE DESIGN WITH EXTRA LARGE DIMPLES

Less is more: We have reduced the number of dimples dramatically and increased the diameter of the dimples significantly. This reduces air resistance to a minimum. The result is a more stable trajectory of the golf ball with even higher ball speed.



VICE PRO PLUS WHITE

336 DIMPLE DESIGN FOR AN OPTIMIZED FLIGHT TRAJECTORY




The number of dimples is optimized to minimize dispersion and offer a stable ball flight trajectory. This helps to keep the ball straight even when playing into the wind and facilitates ball control off the club face.



The descriptions are worded differently, but appear to say the same thing.
Is this just a subtle difference to cater to different caliber players?

pro plus is a 4 piece and pro is a 3 piece


Thank you!

11

#102 Kmac

Kmac

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125246
  • Joined: 03/25/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 88

Posted 01 May 2018 - 09:07 AM

I bought a bunch of the Ksigs so I probably wont play the rest of my Pro Softs in lime. Anyone wants them let me know. Still wrapped up too.

12

#103 Stillboard

Stillboard

    Leftie

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 289847
  • Joined: 01/02/2014
  • Location:NC
  • Handicap:~
GolfWRX Likes : 243

Posted 01 May 2018 - 04:26 PM

View PostKmac, on 01 May 2018 - 09:07 AM, said:

I bought a bunch of the Ksigs so I probably wont play the rest of my Pro Softs in lime. Anyone wants them let me know. Still wrapped up too.

Pm sent
Ping driver
Taylormade fairways
Adams irons
Vokey and CG wedges
Yes! putter
W/S and Vice balls
Nike shoes
http://www.golfwrx.c...illboards-witb/

13

#104 DonaldThomas

DonaldThomas

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 500896
  • Joined: 05/04/2018
  • Location:Brooklyn
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 04 May 2018 - 10:12 AM

I can tell the site https://golferexpert...ther-golf-ball/ where you can see any balls that interest you, there like and the prices even immediately have

14

#105 mark98ca

mark98ca

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 317667
  • Joined: 05/28/2014
  • Location:Delson, qc
  • Handicap:24
  • Ebay ID:mark98ca
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 06 May 2018 - 06:45 PM

played them yesterday..and i really like them

WITB:

Callaway X2 hot 9 deg Proforce V2 55 reg
Callaway x2 hot 3 wood Proforce V2 55 reg
Cleveland mashie 20.5
Cobra bio cell 5-pw stock shaft ( next to upgrade)
Vokey SM4 48 sm5 54
Scotty Cameron del Mar
Callaway Fusion 14 stand bag

15

#106 thejuice

thejuice

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2000
  • Joined: 06/27/2005
  • Location:Atlanta
GolfWRX Likes : 554

Posted 06 May 2018 - 09:38 PM

View Postmark98ca, on 06 May 2018 - 06:45 PM, said:

played them yesterday..and i really like them

I guess you're trying to pad your post count.  LOL!  Can you elaborate?  Which ball did you play and what did you like about them?
Srixon Z565 9.5* w/HZRDUS Yellow 65
Srixon F65 15* w/HZRDUS Yellow 75
TEE Beta 2H w/RIP Alpha 80x
Srixon U65 4i Miyazaki Stiff
Srixon 765 5-PW Modus 120 Stiff
Cleveland RTX 3.0 50*, 54*, and 58* KBS 610
EVNROLL ER-2

Gameball: Vice Pro Plus, Srixon Q Star Tour

16

#107 mark98ca

mark98ca

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 317667
  • Joined: 05/28/2014
  • Location:Delson, qc
  • Handicap:24
  • Ebay ID:mark98ca
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 06 May 2018 - 10:07 PM

View Postthejuice, on 06 May 2018 - 09:38 PM, said:

View Postmark98ca, on 06 May 2018 - 06:45 PM, said:

played them yesterday..and i really like them

I guess you're trying to pad your post count.  LOL!  Can you elaborate?  Which ball did you play and what did you like about them?

i have enough post already...

like how they fly on the drive , how they react.. the rpo soft on short game react very well.. hit a prov1 in the same round and didnt had the joy after the shot..and the neon color pop out of the grass ..easy to find
WITB:

Callaway X2 hot 9 deg Proforce V2 55 reg
Callaway x2 hot 3 wood Proforce V2 55 reg
Cleveland mashie 20.5
Cobra bio cell 5-pw stock shaft ( next to upgrade)
Vokey SM4 48 sm5 54
Scotty Cameron del Mar
Callaway Fusion 14 stand bag

17

#108 QuigleyDU

QuigleyDU

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,953 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62095
  • Joined: 08/01/2008
  • Location:reno nv
  • Ebay ID:reederc2
GolfWRX Likes : 1198

Posted 07 May 2018 - 09:44 AM

Played Saturday and took this comparison pic. The closer ball is the snell mob black ball. The red one about 25 yards up is the vice pro plus red. This is very indicative of the whole day. sorry for the side view. i dont know how to fix that.

Attached Thumbnails

  • BBDB3BC5-F94D-4BF9-9127-4687EE3B9353.jpeg

Edited by QuigleyDU, 07 May 2018 - 09:46 AM.

driver: SRIXON Z745
fairway: NIKE VAPOR 13*
3-4 IRON: MIZZY MP H5 GD AMT X100.
5-PW IRONS: MP5 DG AMT X100
WEDGES; CLEVELAND rtx 3.0 RAW
PUTTER; PING SIGMA G SHEA H
BALL; various, ask me that day.

18

#109 thejuice

thejuice

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2000
  • Joined: 06/27/2005
  • Location:Atlanta
GolfWRX Likes : 554

Posted 08 May 2018 - 09:11 AM

Quigley, you are sort of comparing apples to oranges.  The Pro Plus is a four-piece ball, while the Snell Black is a three-piece ball.  It would be a better comparison of distance if you put the Pro Plus against the Snell Red.
Srixon Z565 9.5* w/HZRDUS Yellow 65
Srixon F65 15* w/HZRDUS Yellow 75
TEE Beta 2H w/RIP Alpha 80x
Srixon U65 4i Miyazaki Stiff
Srixon 765 5-PW Modus 120 Stiff
Cleveland RTX 3.0 50*, 54*, and 58* KBS 610
EVNROLL ER-2

Gameball: Vice Pro Plus, Srixon Q Star Tour

19

#110 QuigleyDU

QuigleyDU

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,953 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62095
  • Joined: 08/01/2008
  • Location:reno nv
  • Ebay ID:reederc2
GolfWRX Likes : 1198

Posted 08 May 2018 - 10:37 AM

View Postthejuice, on 08 May 2018 - 09:11 AM, said:

Quigley, you are sort of comparing apples to oranges.  The Pro Plus is a four-piece ball, while the Snell Black is a three-piece ball.  It would be a better comparison of distance if you put the Pro Plus against the Snell Red.

agreed, but the black is supposedly the more distance oriented ball.

driver: SRIXON Z745
fairway: NIKE VAPOR 13*
3-4 IRON: MIZZY MP H5 GD AMT X100.
5-PW IRONS: MP5 DG AMT X100
WEDGES; CLEVELAND rtx 3.0 RAW
PUTTER; PING SIGMA G SHEA H
BALL; various, ask me that day.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#111 ceejay81

ceejay81

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 492284
  • Joined: 01/30/2018
  • Location:Washington, DC
  • Handicap:~17
GolfWRX Likes : 845

Posted 08 May 2018 - 02:18 PM

I absolutely love the Vice pro soft lime balls.  The matte finish was weird at first but I really like it now.  I don't get as much side spin with my driver which is super helpful for me.  I still get the good soft feel around the greens too.  The line on the ball fits my eye as well.

21

#112 Dash Boogie

Dash Boogie

    Bogeyman

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 254012
  • Joined: 06/03/2013
  • Location:Atlanta GA
  • Ebay ID:Streetsy83
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 16 May 2018 - 04:41 PM

Took the plunge and ordered 5 dozen Pros in red!

22

#113 baloo

baloo

    A Person

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140341
  • Joined: 09/28/2011
  • Location:Wisconsin
  • Handicap:2.7
  • Ebay ID:k2baloo
GolfWRX Likes : 465

Posted 16 May 2018 - 04:42 PM

I have a select pack on the way to try them out. Have high hopes as I'd love to have the red and/or lime green balls.
Driver, 3W, 4W - Macgregor Custom Tourney
2i-9i - 75' Custom Wilson Dynapowers
PW, SW - Wilson Staff
Putter - Bullseye

23

#114 QuigleyDU

QuigleyDU

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,953 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62095
  • Joined: 08/01/2008
  • Location:reno nv
  • Ebay ID:reederc2
GolfWRX Likes : 1198

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:19 AM

the worst part of Vice is the struggle with stock.
driver: SRIXON Z745
fairway: NIKE VAPOR 13*
3-4 IRON: MIZZY MP H5 GD AMT X100.
5-PW IRONS: MP5 DG AMT X100
WEDGES; CLEVELAND rtx 3.0 RAW
PUTTER; PING SIGMA G SHEA H
BALL; various, ask me that day.

24

#115 tbowles411

tbowles411

    Tiger and Phil friendly: The Apocalypse is upon us..

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 23,969 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5624
  • Joined: 08/30/2005
  • Location:Northern Virginia (One day I hope to be a Texan!)
  • Handicap:Golf
GolfWRX Likes : 5891

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:27 AM

I think I'll try a couple sleeves again and put it up against the AVX.  Just to see,

PING G Driver
PING G Fairway 3 Wood
PING G Hybrids (3, 4)
PING G Irons (5-UW)
PING Glide 2.0 (54SS, 58WS)
PING Vault Oslo
Ball: Titelist AVX

25

#116 QuigleyDU

QuigleyDU

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,953 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62095
  • Joined: 08/01/2008
  • Location:reno nv
  • Ebay ID:reederc2
GolfWRX Likes : 1198

Posted 17 May 2018 - 09:21 AM

View Posttbowles411, on 17 May 2018 - 08:27 AM, said:

I think I'll try a couple sleeves again and put it up against the AVX.  Just to see,

I found the pro plus to be better than the AVX. mainly due to slightly better spin. though it is not as durable.
driver: SRIXON Z745
fairway: NIKE VAPOR 13*
3-4 IRON: MIZZY MP H5 GD AMT X100.
5-PW IRONS: MP5 DG AMT X100
WEDGES; CLEVELAND rtx 3.0 RAW
PUTTER; PING SIGMA G SHEA H
BALL; various, ask me that day.

26

#117 tbowles411

tbowles411

    Tiger and Phil friendly: The Apocalypse is upon us..

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 23,969 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5624
  • Joined: 08/30/2005
  • Location:Northern Virginia (One day I hope to be a Texan!)
  • Handicap:Golf
GolfWRX Likes : 5891

Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:05 PM

View PostQuigleyDU, on 17 May 2018 - 09:21 AM, said:

View Posttbowles411, on 17 May 2018 - 08:27 AM, said:

I think I'll try a couple sleeves again and put it up against the AVX.  Just to see,

I found the pro plus to be better than the AVX. mainly due to slightly better spin. though it is not as durable.
Interesting.  My fitter recommended the AVX for distance.  Mission accomplished.  I'm definitely a club longer, but it flies low and runs.  It seems I need a bit more launch and a LOT more greenside spin.  Now he's thinking I should go back to the V1x.

Edited by tbowles411, 17 May 2018 - 12:06 PM.

PING G Driver
PING G Fairway 3 Wood
PING G Hybrids (3, 4)
PING G Irons (5-UW)
PING Glide 2.0 (54SS, 58WS)
PING Vault Oslo
Ball: Titelist AVX

27

#118 SecondandGoal

SecondandGoal

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 480366
  • Joined: 08/28/2017
  • Location:South Shore MA
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 18 May 2018 - 07:24 AM

View PostQuigleyDU, on 17 May 2018 - 08:19 AM, said:

the worst part of Vice is the struggle with stock.

This. Especially with the lime. I ordered a bunch of white to take advantage of the buy 5 get 1 free because they were out of stock in the lime. Again.
Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero
Fairway: Callaway Epic 4 (14*) and 5 (19*)
Irons: Pinhawk SL (4-PW)
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-3 2 dot (50, 54, 58)
Putter: Odyssey 3-ball

28

#119 QuigleyDU

QuigleyDU

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,953 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62095
  • Joined: 08/01/2008
  • Location:reno nv
  • Ebay ID:reederc2
GolfWRX Likes : 1198

Posted 18 May 2018 - 08:10 AM

View PostSecondandGoal, on 18 May 2018 - 07:24 AM, said:

View PostQuigleyDU, on 17 May 2018 - 08:19 AM, said:

the worst part of Vice is the struggle with stock.

This. Especially with the lime. I ordered a bunch of white to take advantage of the buy 5 get 1 free because they were out of stock in the lime. Again.

They currently have the reds available as well. I have played those and like the color but it hard to follow and i feel i lose them when i should be able to find them.
driver: SRIXON Z745
fairway: NIKE VAPOR 13*
3-4 IRON: MIZZY MP H5 GD AMT X100.
5-PW IRONS: MP5 DG AMT X100
WEDGES; CLEVELAND rtx 3.0 RAW
PUTTER; PING SIGMA G SHEA H
BALL; various, ask me that day.

29

#120 baloo

baloo

    A Person

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140341
  • Joined: 09/28/2011
  • Location:Wisconsin
  • Handicap:2.7
  • Ebay ID:k2baloo
GolfWRX Likes : 465

Posted 18 May 2018 - 05:06 PM

Just got my select pack. The pro soft looks so weird with the matte finish.

Driver, 3W, 4W - Macgregor Custom Tourney
2i-9i - 75' Custom Wilson Dynapowers
PW, SW - Wilson Staff
Putter - Bullseye

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors