Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Vice golf balls


88 replies to this topic

#31 clos8

clos8

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 469968
  • Joined: 06/01/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 26 January 2018 - 12:53 AM

Ive found quite a few out and about when playing. Have played them and they feel really nice. In my feel they feel almost like playing the bridgestones.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 Kmac

Kmac

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125246
  • Joined: 03/25/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 77

Posted 26 January 2018 - 09:26 AM

Decided to give the Pro Soft in matte lime a try from amazon. Played the QST most of last season and found it to be a great ball for my game and the money.

2

#33 shuddleston

shuddleston

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 868 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132450
  • Joined: 07/06/2011
  • Location:AR
GolfWRX Likes : 128

Posted 27 January 2018 - 05:52 PM

I’ve been playing the pro plus since last summer and absolutely love it.

I’ve never had issues ordering the balls either, I buy the 5 dozen at a time in white and they’ve always been delivered on time.

I even picked up the vice golf bag and love it as well’
9.5* GBB Epic w/ RT Technologies Zeus 75g
16.5* Tour Issue TaylorMade M2 w/ RT Technologies Zeus 85g
20* Itobori Hybrid w/ RT Technologies Midas 98g
Epon AF Tour CB w/ AMT DG X100 4-PW
MannKrafted Custom 51* & 56* w/ AMT DG X100
MannKrafted Yaupon
Vice Force Stand Bag
Vice Pro Plus

3

#34 BeefShank

BeefShank

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 489514
  • Joined: 12/26/2017
  • Location:Victoria
  • Handicap:18
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 29 January 2018 - 12:44 AM

I have always had great luck with them. I have been told by many people, and I personally feel that they are very comparable to a ProV1.

4

#35 towncryer

towncryer

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 102787
  • Joined: 01/31/2010
  • Location:USA
  • Handicap:5ish
GolfWRX Likes : 99

Posted 18 February 2018 - 03:57 PM

I went in on an order of Pro+ with a few others in the spring of 2016. The only thing I didn't love about them was how they sounded off driver...somehow, to me they sounded harsher/heavier than Pro V1x. Possibly a mental block, but I really felt like Pro V1x sounded softer/better with driver.

I subbed in a league that summer a couple times and played the Pro+ in one of the rounds. I played really well and thought to myself, "why on earth would I play another ball?" For whatever reason, in spring of 2017, I did the Titleist Loyalty Rewarded deal and got four doz ProV1x that I'm still not all the way through. I work at a golf shop and get a few dozen free balls every spring, too. The point is, I have too many golf balls on hand to order any more, but if I all of a sudden found myself in need, I wouldn't hesitate to place a bulk order of Pro+.


Edit: I just ordered 5 doz. Pro Plus and a beanie. Damn it.

Edited by towncryer, 19 February 2018 - 08:29 AM.

Rogue 10.5 Diamana D+ 70x
Rogue 2h Diamana D+ 90x
MP 18 (Fli-Hi 3-4, SC 5-7, MB 8-PW) KBS C-Taper Lite X
SM7 52, 56, 60 in Tour Chrome, DG S200
Scotty Cameron Tour Newport
Vice Pro Plus

5

#36 Klap0001

Klap0001

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 473988
  • Joined: 07/05/2017
  • Location:Minnesota
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 19 February 2018 - 02:49 PM

I just pre ordered 5 dozen pro+ lime. I've never used a vice before. Usually use a pro-v1x or pro-v. Looking forward to testing these out

6

#37 hammergolf

hammergolf

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 35280
  • Joined: 07/22/2007
  • Location:St. Louis
  • Handicap:3
  • Ebay ID:N/A
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 19 February 2018 - 06:10 PM

 mark98ca, on 18 January 2018 - 10:39 AM, said:

Anyone palyed them.. are they good  ?
They are as good as anything out there. If you want a softer feel and a little more spin try the Pro, if you prefer a little firmer feel and a touch less spin try the Pro +. The only thing I notice is they do discolor a little towards the end of a round, (which I heard they are working on improving) but at the price, they perform as well as anything else and are almost half the price.
Ping i25 10.5 Graphite Design DI-6
Ping G25 4 wd Aldila NVS 65
Ping i25 hybrid 19*, 23* Aldila NVS 85
Ping G25 5-PW Steelfiber i95
Ping Tour S Raw 50*, 56*, 60* KBS Tour 90
Rife Barbados

7

#38 caniac6

caniac6

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 222453
  • Joined: 01/17/2013
  • Location:Winston-Salem,NC
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 1853

Posted 19 February 2018 - 06:35 PM

Found a Pro today, and I believe I'll stick with the Bridgestone RX.

8

#39 sosob34

sosob34

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 123983
  • Joined: 03/08/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 23 February 2018 - 08:01 PM

Just ordered a sample pack of 10 balls, two of each of the models. This should somewhat narrow it down to the ball that fits me best. Plan to compare against Snell Golf and Cut Golf.

9

#40 FlyingLaw1

FlyingLaw1

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 468870
  • Joined: 05/23/2017
  • Location:MO
  • Handicap:1
GolfWRX Likes : 103

Posted 27 February 2018 - 08:56 PM

I used the ProV1x (isn't that now the ProV1?) for YEARS. Tried the Vice Pro Plus last year and tried (for MONTHS!!) to get some for myself. Well last week I finally managed to get 5 dozen red Pro Plus balls. Gamed them for the first time over this past weekend and got 3 rounds in. I love them. They are 95% of what the V1x was and are half the price. Never going back.

GO DAWGS

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#41 Break81

Break81

    Broke80

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 263738
  • Joined: 07/13/2013
  • Location:Chino Hills
  • Handicap:9.5
  • Ebay ID:marcbogey
GolfWRX Likes : 472

Posted 27 February 2018 - 10:55 PM

View PostFlyingLaw1, on 27 February 2018 - 08:56 PM, said:

I used the ProV1x (isn't that now the ProV1?) for YEARS. Tried the Vice Pro Plus last year and tried (for MONTHS!!) to get some for myself. Well last week I finally managed to get 5 dozen red Pro Plus balls. Gamed them for the first time over this past weekend and got 3 rounds in. I love them. They are 95% of what the V1x was and are half the price. Never going back.
I have my lime Pro’s coming In this week. I wanted to mix and match with the Red but I didn’t see that option.  
   Great balls and great colors
Cobra F7+ - Stiff
   Cobra F7 - 5/6 set at 17*
  Ping 22 degree Hybrid
Mizuno JPX850 Forger 4-GW - XP115 S300
Callaway Forged 52 degree
Titleist 55 F grind / 60 M grind
EVNROLL ER5 or Cleveland #6
   Srixon XV - K3 - Vice Pro

11

#42 thejuice

thejuice

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2000
  • Joined: 06/27/2005
  • Location:Atlanta
GolfWRX Likes : 547

Posted 27 February 2018 - 11:52 PM

View PostBreak81, on 27 February 2018 - 10:55 PM, said:

View PostFlyingLaw1, on 27 February 2018 - 08:56 PM, said:

I used the ProV1x (isn't that now the ProV1?) for YEARS. Tried the Vice Pro Plus last year and tried (for MONTHS!!) to get some for myself. Well last week I finally managed to get 5 dozen red Pro Plus balls. Gamed them for the first time over this past weekend and got 3 rounds in. I love them. They are 95% of what the V1x was and are half the price. Never going back.
I have my lime Pro’s coming In this week. I wanted to mix and match with the Red but I didn’t see that option.  
   Great balls and great colors

You can mix and match.  You just have to call their customer service to do it.
Srixon Z565 9.5* w/HZRDUS Yellow 65
Srixon F65 15* w/HZRDUS Yellow 75
TEE Beta 2H w/RIP Alpha 80x
Srixon U65 4i Miyazaki Stiff
Srixon 765 5-PW Modus 120 Stiff
Cleveland RTX 3.0 50*, 54*, and 58* KBS 610
EVNROLL ER-2

Gameball: Vice Pro Plus, Srixon Q Star Tour

12

#43 elwhippy

elwhippy

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3536
  • Joined: 07/28/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 657

Posted 28 February 2018 - 05:54 AM

Pro+ is awesome. Pro flies a bit flat for me. Pro Soft waaay too soft for my tastes. The 2 piece balls are very good value. Starting to see them in more bags.

13

#44 FlyingLaw1

FlyingLaw1

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 468870
  • Joined: 05/23/2017
  • Location:MO
  • Handicap:1
GolfWRX Likes : 103

Posted 28 February 2018 - 10:28 AM

View Postthejuice, on 27 February 2018 - 11:52 PM, said:

View PostBreak81, on 27 February 2018 - 10:55 PM, said:

View PostFlyingLaw1, on 27 February 2018 - 08:56 PM, said:

I used the ProV1x (isn't that now the ProV1?) for YEARS. Tried the Vice Pro Plus last year and tried (for MONTHS!!) to get some for myself. Well last week I finally managed to get 5 dozen red Pro Plus balls. Gamed them for the first time over this past weekend and got 3 rounds in. I love them. They are 95% of what the V1x was and are half the price. Never going back.
I have my lime Pro’s coming In this week. I wanted to mix and match with the Red but I didn’t see that option.  
   Great balls and great colors

You can mix and match.  You just have to call their customer service to do it.

Next time I may do that! My ONLY complaint is that is some lighting conditions the red looks more pink than red. But that's getting REALLY picky.

Edited by FlyingLaw1, 28 February 2018 - 10:28 AM.

GO DAWGS

14

#45 thibbard20

thibbard20

    GWRX member who drives a WRX

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 419154
  • Joined: 04/04/2016
  • Location:New Hampshire
  • Handicap:high
  • Ebay ID:tylerhibbard8
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:10 PM

looking for a rec going from a nxt tour s (sometimes a pro v1) Love the soft feel of the tour s but would like to try the vice to see! Thanks!

Driver - 915D3
3W - 915F
3H - 915
3I - 716 MB
4-PW - 714 AP2
Wedges - SM6 52/58
Putter - Newport 2

15

#46 ddetts

ddetts

    Ty Webb

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63197
  • Joined: 08/13/2008
  • Location:Sioux Falls, SD
  • Handicap:8.0
GolfWRX Likes : 149

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:31 PM

View Postthibbard20, on 28 February 2018 - 12:10 PM, said:

looking for a rec going from a nxt tour s (sometimes a pro v1) Love the soft feel of the tour s but would like to try the vice to see! Thanks!

Just get their selected pack and give them all a try, the three Pro models are probably of most interest, but you never know the Tour or Drive you may like as well.
Nike Vapor Pro, Matrix Red Tie 6Q3
TaylorMade '17 M2 Tour 15*, Kuro Kage Silver Dual-Core TiNi
Callaway X Utility Prototype 18*, KBS Tour 120
Mizuno MP-54 3-4 / MP 15 5-PW, C-Taper Lite S
Mizuno MP-T5 52*/58*
TaylorMade TP Mullen

16

#47 thibbard20

thibbard20

    GWRX member who drives a WRX

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 419154
  • Joined: 04/04/2016
  • Location:New Hampshire
  • Handicap:high
  • Ebay ID:tylerhibbard8
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:33 PM

View Postddetts, on 28 February 2018 - 12:31 PM, said:

View Postthibbard20, on 28 February 2018 - 12:10 PM, said:

looking for a rec going from a nxt tour s (sometimes a pro v1) Love the soft feel of the tour s but would like to try the vice to see! Thanks!

Just get their selected pack and give them all a try, the three Pro models are probably of most interest, but you never know the Tour or Drive you may like as well.


Just saw that on the site seems like an awesome deal definitely will do that, thanks!
Driver - 915D3
3W - 915F
3H - 915
3I - 716 MB
4-PW - 714 AP2
Wedges - SM6 52/58
Putter - Newport 2

17

#48 ddetts

ddetts

    Ty Webb

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63197
  • Joined: 08/13/2008
  • Location:Sioux Falls, SD
  • Handicap:8.0
GolfWRX Likes : 149

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:46 PM

View Postthibbard20, on 28 February 2018 - 12:33 PM, said:

View Postddetts, on 28 February 2018 - 12:31 PM, said:

View Postthibbard20, on 28 February 2018 - 12:10 PM, said:

looking for a rec going from a nxt tour s (sometimes a pro v1) Love the soft feel of the tour s but would like to try the vice to see! Thanks!

Just get their selected pack and give them all a try, the three Pro models are probably of most interest, but you never know the Tour or Drive you may like as well.


Just saw that on the site seems like an awesome deal definitely will do that, thanks!

I got lucky and someone I knew had a couple of the Pro+. I tried them and liked them right away, so I ordered 5 dozen and played them all last season and will continue to do so this year.
Nike Vapor Pro, Matrix Red Tie 6Q3
TaylorMade '17 M2 Tour 15*, Kuro Kage Silver Dual-Core TiNi
Callaway X Utility Prototype 18*, KBS Tour 120
Mizuno MP-54 3-4 / MP 15 5-PW, C-Taper Lite S
Mizuno MP-T5 52*/58*
TaylorMade TP Mullen

18

#49 Klap0001

Klap0001

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 473988
  • Joined: 07/05/2017
  • Location:Minnesota
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 01 March 2018 - 03:27 PM

My pro plus lime are getting delivered today! Now hope the weather in MN starts warming up and melting some of the snow we have

19

#50 Break81

Break81

    Broke80

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 263738
  • Joined: 07/13/2013
  • Location:Chino Hills
  • Handicap:9.5
  • Ebay ID:marcbogey
GolfWRX Likes : 472

Posted 01 March 2018 - 06:26 PM

Got mine today - will be using the first sleeve this weekend.

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
   Cobra F7 - 5/6 set at 17*
  Ping 22 degree Hybrid
Mizuno JPX850 Forger 4-GW - XP115 S300
Callaway Forged 52 degree
Titleist 55 F grind / 60 M grind
EVNROLL ER5 or Cleveland #6
   Srixon XV - K3 - Vice Pro

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#51 Klap0001

Klap0001

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 473988
  • Joined: 07/05/2017
  • Location:Minnesota
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 03 March 2018 - 02:40 PM

Apparently I messed up my order and got the pro not the pro plus like I wanted lol. I'll test these out then if I like them order the pro plus.

21

#52 mark98ca

mark98ca

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 317667
  • Joined: 05/28/2014
  • Location:Delson, qc
  • Handicap:24
  • Ebay ID:mark98ca
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 03 March 2018 - 09:31 PM

View PostKlap0001, on 03 March 2018 - 02:40 PM, said:

Apparently I messed up my order and got the pro not the pro plus like I wanted lol. I'll test these out then if I like them order the pro plus.

let me know if you have a sleeve you could spare let me know..would love to see the lime as the model im recommend only have white
WITB:

Callaway X2 hot 9 deg Proforce V2 55 reg
Callaway x2 hot 3 wood Proforce V2 55 reg
Cleveland mashie 20.5
Cobra bio cell 5-pw stock shaft ( next to upgrade)
Vokey SM4 48 sm5 54
Scotty Cameron del Mar
Callaway Fusion 14 stand bag

22

#53 Stanks

Stanks

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 469442
  • Joined: 05/29/2017
  • Location:San Diego
  • Handicap:?
GolfWRX Likes : 112

Posted 03 March 2018 - 10:18 PM

I'm finding, with my most recent shipment, the cover of the Pro+ (lime but color shouldn't matter) is not holding up as well as my older shipment.

How are you guys doing with the covers holding up? I'm not hitting into paths, rocks, or anything. I think the degradation is coming from my wedges. My PM Mack Daddy is very new so it might be that the grooves are just sharper that normal.
Taylormade M3 10.5 / Project X Hzrdus Black 6.5 65 gram
Cobra F7 3 Wood 14.5
Cobra F7 3-4 Hybrid 19.5
PXG 0311T 4-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 50*
Callaway MD3 55* & PM Grind 60*.
Oydssey O-Works #9

23

#54 Kmac

Kmac

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125246
  • Joined: 03/25/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 77

Posted 04 April 2018 - 02:17 PM

do you guys find the Vice to be any shorter than other comparable balls? Been playing the Pro Soft the last two weeks when the weather holds up so I cant really tell just yet.

24

#55 Klap0001

Klap0001

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 473988
  • Joined: 07/05/2017
  • Location:Minnesota
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 04 April 2018 - 05:19 PM

View PostKmac, on 04 April 2018 - 02:17 PM, said:

do you guys find the Vice to be any shorter than other comparable balls? Been playing the Pro Soft the last two weeks when the weather holds up so I cant really tell just yet.

I played the pro not too long ago and seemed shorter than my volvik s4. It was cold. 35 degrees and both balls were going short either way. I'm curious to see how they do when it warms up.


25

#56 Break81

Break81

    Broke80

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 263738
  • Joined: 07/13/2013
  • Location:Chino Hills
  • Handicap:9.5
  • Ebay ID:marcbogey
GolfWRX Likes : 472

Posted 04 April 2018 - 09:31 PM

View PostKmac, on 04 April 2018 - 02:17 PM, said:

do you guys find the Vice to be any shorter than other comparable balls? Been playing the Pro Soft the last two weeks when the weather holds up so I cant really tell just yet.
  I have played a few rounds with the Pro and its not shorter than any other ball, EXCEPT when taking a full swing with a short iron into even a very slight breeze. I think the ball spins as much as any ball off the wedges and thus the excess spin may lose a few yards from 130 and in.  Have not seen any other variation with the long irons or off the tee.
Cobra F7+ - Stiff
   Cobra F7 - 5/6 set at 17*
  Ping 22 degree Hybrid
Mizuno JPX850 Forger 4-GW - XP115 S300
Callaway Forged 52 degree
Titleist 55 F grind / 60 M grind
EVNROLL ER5 or Cleveland #6
   Srixon XV - K3 - Vice Pro

26

#57 Kmac

Kmac

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125246
  • Joined: 03/25/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 77

Posted 05 April 2018 - 08:57 AM

damn it I might be regretting the 5 boxes of Pro Soft now. Guess I'll have to see how they perform when the temps are a little more normal, if that ever happens.

27

#58 nix

nix

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 460232
  • Joined: 03/23/2017
  • Handicap:20.4
GolfWRX Likes : 712

Posted 05 April 2018 - 10:26 AM

View PostKmac, on 05 April 2018 - 08:57 AM, said:

damn it I might be regretting the 5 boxes of Pro Soft now. Guess I'll have to see how they perform when the temps are a little more normal, if that ever happens.

I love the pro soft in lime, if you don't like, I'll take them off your hands.

28

#59 Kmac

Kmac

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125246
  • Joined: 03/25/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 77

Posted 05 April 2018 - 11:18 AM

View Postnix, on 05 April 2018 - 10:26 AM, said:

View PostKmac, on 05 April 2018 - 08:57 AM, said:

damn it I might be regretting the 5 boxes of Pro Soft now. Guess I'll have to see how they perform when the temps are a little more normal, if that ever happens.

I love the pro soft in lime, if you don't like, I'll take them off your hands.

I might unload them but not sure yet. I will let you know.

29

#60 HackerDave

HackerDave

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 57404
  • Joined: 06/06/2008
  • Location:Michigan & Hilton Head SC
  • Handicap:11.6
GolfWRX Likes : 226

Posted 05 April 2018 - 03:10 PM

My son and I wanted to try them out but they wouldn't let us mix and match the 5 dozen.  Kind of stupid on their part.   I wanted 3 dz of the plus and 2 of the pro to try out.  If we liked them, we would most certainly purchase more.  Now we may never know.  

Business 101 - Never send a customer away empty handed (and with money in their pocket).


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users


    johari

GolfWRX Sponsors