Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 1 votes

Not happy with lostgolfballs.com Customer Service. Am I over-reacting?

70 replies to this topic

#61 adlinn21

adlinn21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 492968
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:09 PM

View Poststraightshot7, on 10 March 2018 - 02:43 AM, said:

View Postcpouley, on 10 March 2018 - 02:14 AM, said:

View Postadlinn21, on 01 March 2018 - 10:08 AM, said:

View Postcpouley, on 27 February 2018 - 12:19 PM, said:

No prob. My intension for this thread was never to get personal.  I wa really checking if I was over reacting.

I've forwarded your issues to the CEO. He told me they are aware of some of those issues and are working through them now, no timeline though.

Anyways I thought I'd give you an update.

So I just looked at the website and there has been no update.  Here is what I don't understand.  Why hasn't it been changed?  Is it that difficult to change?  What are the issues that they need to work through?  It has been 9 days since you informed them.  I am not trying to be a jerk here, and quite honestly I have 4 dozen balls so I am not looking to buy anytime soon.  But, I am interested in why the changes haven't been implemented.  Just curious.

Well, I don't have any inside info. here but 9 days is not that long if they are looking to change a product like that. That has ramifications throughout the entire site.

However, more likely, they intentionally made it like that in the first place. If they were okay with being intentionally misleading in the first place, why expect them to go out of the way to be honest now?

They are probably weighing whether it is worth potentially reducing sales to be more transparent.

This is like when people get screwed over by a seller who doesn't ship the product and then they expect that seller to make it right. The leopard cannot change its spots.

As someone with first hand experience there, you're giving that business way too much credit if you think they're doing things purposefully disingenuous.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#62 straightshot7

straightshot7

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,086 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66294
GolfWRX Likes : 1916

Posted 13 March 2018 - 04:39 PM

View Postadlinn21, on 13 March 2018 - 02:09 PM, said:

No prob. My intension for this thread was never to get personal.  I wa really checking if I was over reacting.

I've forwarded your issues to the CEO. He told me they are aware of some of those issues and are working through them now, no timeline though.

So I just looked at the website and there has been no update.  Here is what I don't understand.  Why hasn't it been changed?  Is it that difficult to change?  What are the issues that they need to work through?  It has been 9 days since you informed them.  I am not trying to be a jerk here, and quite honestly I have 4 dozen balls so I am not looking to buy anytime soon.  But, I am interested in why the changes haven't been implemented.  Just curious.

Well, I don't have any inside info. here but 9 days is not that long if they are looking to change a product like that. That has ramifications throughout the entire site.

However, more likely, they intentionally made it like that in the first place. If they were okay with being intentionally misleading in the first place, why expect them to go out of the way to be honest now?

They are probably weighing whether it is worth potentially reducing sales to be more transparent.

This is like when people get screwed over by a seller who doesn't ship the product and then they expect that seller to make it right. The leopard cannot change its spots.

As someone with first hand experience there, you're giving that business way too much credit if you think they're doing things purposefully disingenuous.

Are you saying that you worked there and they're stupid?

Multiple people in this thread have made them aware of the fact that by not putting "refinished" in the product name, they were deceived. But still they haven't changed it...

They are either lazy, very slow to make changes, or they don't care that it misleads people.

#63 cpouley

cpouley

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 213181
  • Ebay ID:cpouley
GolfWRX Likes : 58

Posted 13 March 2018 - 06:45 PM

View Postadlinn21, on 13 March 2018 - 02:09 PM, said:

I do have to ask then why haven't they made the changes then?  Continuing to do the same thing that they have done in the past without making changes is the definition of disingenuous.  They present one thing knowing something different.  There are lots of answers of why they haven't  made the changes and quite honestly I can't come up with one that doesn't paint the company in a negative light.  So, as I have been doing this whole thread I ask  genuine question.  Why have the changes not been made?  What is the stumbling block here?  And I only ask you this and put you in this position because as you have stated, you "have first hand experience" and know the CEO.  Thanks.

#64 FredCouplesFan

FredCouplesFan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 42480
  • Ebay ID:redhotmx
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 14 March 2018 - 08:12 AM

I quit buying from them long ago, there are better options out there.

#65 TSauer

TSauer

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 395562
GolfWRX Likes : 57

Posted 14 March 2018 - 08:57 AM

View PostFredCouplesFan, on 14 March 2018 - 08:12 AM, said:

What are some other sites you recommend?

In my Ogio Nimbus bag:

Driver: Cobra King F7+
Fairway: Callaway XR 3W
Hybrid: Nike Vapor Flex 4H
Irons: Ping G25 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway MD3 (52/56/60)
Putter: Ping Sigma G Anser

#66 mmckee02

mmckee02

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68884
  • Handicap:3
  • Ebay ID:mpmckee02
GolfWRX Likes : 86

Posted 14 March 2018 - 01:25 PM

I recently bought a couple dozen mint golf balls.  They were not mint, and two of them were older generation PROV1s.  I send them a note and they sent me three new golf balls. One bad experience was all I needed, I'm done with them.

MM

#67 om18v

om18v

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 384268
  • Handicap:99+
GolfWRX Likes : 128

Posted 14 March 2018 - 09:47 PM

View PostTSauer, on 14 March 2018 - 08:57 AM, said:

View PostFredCouplesFan, on 14 March 2018 - 08:12 AM, said:

What are some other sites you recommend?

When I purchased used balls I always use golfballsdirect.com  and never had an issue.  I have since become superstitious and only use new cheap balls now.

#68 grm24

grm24

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,227 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4801
GolfWRX Likes : 1734

Posted 14 March 2018 - 10:15 PM

View Postcpouley, on 13 March 2018 - 06:45 PM, said:

I do have to ask then why haven't they made the changes then?  Continuing to do the same thing that they have done in the past without making changes is the definition of disingenuous.  They present one thing knowing something different.  There are lots of answers of why they haven't  made the changes and quite honestly I can't come up with one that doesn't paint the company in a negative light.  So, as I have been doing this whole thread I ask  genuine question.  Why have the changes not been made?  What is the stumbling block here?  And I only ask you this and put you in this position because as you have stated, you "have first hand experience" and know the CEO.  Thanks.
LGB is listed as a WRX sponsor and yet when these issues come up they never seem to reach out to anybody via PM or post directly in threads such as this. Interesting way to do business.

#69 adlinn21

adlinn21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 492968
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 15 March 2018 - 01:29 PM

View Postgrm24, on 14 March 2018 - 10:15 PM, said:

View Postcpouley, on 13 March 2018 - 06:45 PM, said:

LGB is listed as a WRX sponsor and yet when these issues come up they never seem to reach out to anybody via PM or post directly in threads such as this. Interesting way to do business.

They used to...not anymore though apparently

#70 LostGolfBalls.com

LostGolfBalls.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 497364
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 28 March 2018 - 02:05 PM

First and foremost, I would like to thank all of you for providing such detailed and productive feedback about the grading title for our Refinished golf balls. I am happy to announce that we have heard the feedback on this issue from forums like this and from customers reaching out to our Customer Service Team, and have made the necessary changes to reflect this quality grade properly. I want to assure everyone that this grading title change was not malicious or with the intent to deceive, but after hearing the way it was received, it is clear that we made a mistake and caused great confusion with the grading title "Mint No Logo". As of last Wednesday, March 21st, we have updated the grading title to "Refinished No Logo". We hope this change will alleviate any confusion on what our different quality grades mean and will give added transparency to our grading process. Again I want to thank everyone for their feedback, we greatly appreciate your help in ensuring our website is easy to navigate and understand. If you have any further questions, comments, or issues with past/future orders, please contact our Customer Service Team directly and we will work to resolve any and all issues.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#71 cpouley

cpouley

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 213181
  • Ebay ID:cpouley