Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Flynn shaft question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wildcatden

wildcatden

China Cat Sunflower

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 481904
GolfWRX Likes : 409

Posted 17 January 2018 - 12:46 AM

Are the Flynn shafts (made by UST Mamiya) made to order? Or if you order a shaft at 36" is it cut down?

I know that Flynn will deliver you a shaft of desired length (with desired adapter)....just trying to figure out if they cut them down or have pre-made ones from the factory at varying lengths.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 leezer99

leezer99

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94152
GolfWRX Likes : 579

Posted 17 January 2018 - 08:50 AM

View Postwildcatden, on 17 January 2018 - 12:46 AM, said:

Are the Flynn shafts (made by UST Mamiya) made to order? Or if you order a shaft at 36" is it cut down?

I know that Flynn will deliver you a shaft of desired length (with desired adapter)....just trying to figure out if they cut them down or have pre-made ones from the factory at varying lengths.

Just checked my son's old set and the logos all pretty much line up under the grip. The exception being the 3w and hybrid.

#3 tomjohnson

tomjohnson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450994
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 17 January 2018 - 11:06 AM

I know their drivers are made from a starting point of five different raw shaft lengths and flexes. Cutting shafts down does affect its properties but with various tip trims of different raw flexes and lengths, it's the best available way to match shaft to player

#4 wildcatden

wildcatden

China Cat Sunflower

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 481904
GolfWRX Likes : 409

Posted 17 January 2018 - 11:18 AM

View Postleezer99, on 17 January 2018 - 08:50 AM, said:

Just checked my son's old set and the logos all pretty much line up under the grip. The exception being the 3w and hybrid.

Thanks. Learning every day about equipment.

#5 Golfingdawg19

Golfingdawg19

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 354301
GolfWRX Likes : 127

Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:12 PM

Mike at Flynn Golf will make them to any length that you want. He can even put an adapter on the end of the shaft so that when you get it, you are ready to go. He has really good customer service.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors