Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Golf Room

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 nickflaim

nickflaim

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 45322
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:34 PM

Hey All

I recently moved to Texas from Michigan. In my old house in Michigan I had a golf room set up in the basement to store my equipment (Clubs, bags, shoes, etc) but now in Texas, I have moved into a house with no basement and a fiancé, so all my golf stuff has been relegated to the garage.

How do you guys store your extra stuff? If anyone could include pictures, that would be nice. She who must be obeyed has suggested we go to the Container Store next weekend, not sure this is something I want to do.......

HELP!

WITB

Driver : Callaway Epic with HRZDUS T800 S flex
Fairway Wood : Callaway Epic w/ HRZDUS T800 S flex
                          Callaway GBB Heaven Wood w/ Kuro Kage 50 S flex (Shortened 1.5")
Hybrid : Ping G30 22 Degree with PING Tour 80 S flex
Irons : Callaway XR Pro 5-P w/ KBS Tour-V 90 S
Wedges : Callaway MD3 (50 & 54) w/ DG TI S400
Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind (60) Black
All Clubs with Golf Pride Tour Velvet Midsize
Putter : PING Sigma G Tess or Texas Wedge #20
Ball - Titleist ProV1x or Bridgestone B330S

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 GTgolf

GTgolf

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 296579
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 84

Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:05 AM

Sorry, no pics..

No basement here: I have a 10x20 workshop directly off of the garage. It's pretty much where my golf stuff goes.

1. Work bench: vice grips/clamps, grip station, club making, etc

2. Used nails for all my hats/visors on walls. Also my rain jackets, rain hats, etc.

3. I have 2 separate golf bag racks that hold a total of 4 bags, with other storage options. Got at Walmart I think.

4. Built my own shoe rack: holds my 6-7 pairs

5. Built a simple Club stand that holds some extra/loose clubs.

#3 Andrew Bond of Glencoe

Andrew Bond of Glencoe

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 371925
  • Handicap:2.5
GolfWRX Likes : 370

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:03 AM

Most of my golf items are over one hundred years old and quite a bit of it is art. My wife is not a huge fan of the golf collection other than when I sell something for a bag of cash.

I cut a deal with her sometime ago that I would have a home office and it would be of my own decor. Hence the golf office- it is fairly sweet with a Masters Jacket and a 1965 Ryder Cup Jacket hanging on the closet, a wall of golf art dating back to the 1700 and 1800s and clubs scattered around the room from the 1800s.

My main issue is: I have more items than I have room for so I have secretly and quietly expanded to the kidsí gameroom. I have an original oil painting of Walter Hagen hanging in there and an original 1895 golf print of the 1895 Open Championship Field. I have a couple more items to be framed yet, but they will likely make it into that room as well. Once the kids get to old for that room I will make it a movie theater with my golf items on the walls.

The argument is easier to make if your golf stuff has some value- or if you can keep it in the house without looking like a stack of s###. Maybe try to convince her that you will build or buy a vintage looking wooden golf locker.

Edited by Andrew Bond of Glencoe, 13 January 2018 - 09:05 AM.

#4 AMM315

AMM315

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 417662
  • Ebay ID:amichael03
GolfWRX Likes : 77

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:57 AM

View PostAndrew Bond of Glencoe, on 13 January 2018 - 09:03 AM, said:

Most of my golf items are over one hundred years old and quite a bit of it is art. My wife is not a huge fan of the golf collection other than when I sell something for a bag of cash.

I cut a deal with her sometime ago that I would have a home office and it would be of my own decor. Hence the golf office- it is fairly sweet with a Masters Jacket and a 1965 Ryder Cup Jacket hanging on the closet, a wall of golf art dating back to the 1700 and 1800s and clubs scattered around the room from the 1800s.

My main issue is: I have more items than I have room for so I have secretly and quietly expanded to the kids’ gameroom. I have an original oil painting of Walter Hagen hanging in there and an original 1895 golf print of the 1895 Open Championship Field. I have a couple more items to be framed yet, but they will likely make it into that room as well. Once the kids get to old for that room I will make it a movie theater with my golf items on the walls.

The argument is easier to make if your golf stuff has some value- or if you can keep it in the house without looking like a stack of s###. Maybe try to convince her that you will build or buy a vintage looking wooden golf locker.

Pictures please!! I'm starting my journey that is my golf den. Looking for good coffee table books, decor, ideas, etc..

#5 Andrew Bond of Glencoe

Andrew Bond of Glencoe

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 371925
  • Handicap:2.5
GolfWRX Likes : 370

Posted 14 January 2018 - 02:50 PM

I pretty much access this site from my phone. I am not sure how to download photos.

#6 Deepfork

Deepfork

Go Pokes!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 314249
  • Handicap:10
  • Ebay ID:PurePoke
GolfWRX Likes : 58

Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:03 PM

View Postnickflaim, on 12 January 2018 - 11:34 PM, said:

Hey All

I recently moved to Texas from Michigan. In my old house in Michigan I had a golf room set up in the basement to store my equipment (Clubs, bags, shoes, etc) but now in Texas, I have moved into a house with no basement and a fiancé, so all my golf stuff has been relegated to the garage.

How do you guys store your extra stuff? If anyone could include pictures, that would be nice. She who must be obeyed has suggested we go to the Container Store next weekend, not sure this is something I want to do.......

HELP!
Pictures please!  I want to see if the fiance is worth turning in your Man Card.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors