Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

New UST Mamiya PROFORCE V2 Shafts...


33 replies to this topic

#1 stryper

stryper

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 25877
  • Joined: 02/22/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 466

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:18 PM

Sorry if this was referenced elsewhere, but can they have possibly improved on this iconic shaft?

http://www.ustmamiya...oforce-v2-wood/

Titleist 913D2, w/UST Mamiya Elements Chrome 7F4T
Titleist 915Fd, w/Aldila Rogue Black 80-2.8-S
18* KZG U Iron, w/UST Proforce V2 100-S
Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi 4-5, w/UST Recoil 95 F4
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 6-P, w/UST Recoil 95 F4
Titleist Vokey SM5 52-08 F, 56-10 S
Callaway Sure Out 64
Odyssey O-Works Tank  #7

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 the bishop

the bishop

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 439390
  • Joined: 09/03/2016
  • Location:Richmond, TX
GolfWRX Likes : 1916

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:20 PM

OMG they brought back the HL.  Just take my money now.
Dynacraft Avatar Evolution 10.5* - V2 HL - S
TM M1 15* (2016) - Maltby MPF Series FW - S
Maltby KE4 Tour 19*/22* - Kuro Kage Blk Hy80 - S
Dynacraft Prophet MB Forged 5-P - FST Pro 125 - S
W/S PMP Raw 52/56/60 - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
Scotty Newport Pro Platinum Mil-Spec

2

#3 storm319

storm319

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,646 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99866
  • Joined: 12/07/2009
  • Location:US
GolfWRX Likes : 603

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:08 PM

http://www.golfwrx.c...the-new-v2-yet/

3

#4 stryper

stryper

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 25877
  • Joined: 02/22/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 466

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:33 AM

View Poststorm319, on 12 January 2018 - 08:08 PM, said:


Thanks, didnít see that.  Was interested in the updated V2, since I currently love the one i have in my hybrid, and thought an upgrade might be in order.  

Overall, Iím a big fan of UST Mamiya products, might think about swapping out my fw shaft for the new V2 :dntknw:
Titleist 913D2, w/UST Mamiya Elements Chrome 7F4T
Titleist 915Fd, w/Aldila Rogue Black 80-2.8-S
18* KZG U Iron, w/UST Proforce V2 100-S
Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi 4-5, w/UST Recoil 95 F4
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 6-P, w/UST Recoil 95 F4
Titleist Vokey SM5 52-08 F, 56-10 S
Callaway Sure Out 64
Odyssey O-Works Tank  #7

4

#5 storm319

storm319

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,646 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99866
  • Joined: 12/07/2009
  • Location:US
GolfWRX Likes : 603

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:02 AM

View Poststryper, on 13 January 2018 - 08:33 AM, said:

View Poststorm319, on 12 January 2018 - 08:08 PM, said:


Thanks, didnít see that.  Was interested in the updated V2, since I currently love the one i have in my hybrid, and thought an upgrade might be in order.  

Overall, Iím a big fan of UST Mamiya products, might think about swapping out my fw shaft for the new V2 :dntknw:

Based on a company inquiry, it is the same shaft with new graphics. At least it is the same price.


5

#6 Uhit

Uhit

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450896
  • Joined: 01/06/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 263

Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:50 PM

View Poststorm319, on 13 January 2018 - 10:02 AM, said:

View Poststryper, on 13 January 2018 - 08:33 AM, said:

View Poststorm319, on 12 January 2018 - 08:08 PM, said:


Thanks, didn't see that.  Was interested in the updated V2, since I currently love the one i have in my hybrid, and thought an upgrade might be in order.  

Overall, I'm a big fan of UST Mamiya products, might think about swapping out my fw shaft for the new V2 :dntknw:

Based on a company inquiry, it is the same shaft with new graphics. At least it is the same price.


...and the same torque values.

6

#7 achappy

achappy

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7129
  • Joined: 10/26/2005
  • Location:Bowie, MD
  • Ebay ID:achappy
GolfWRX Likes : 124

Posted 22 January 2018 - 07:03 PM

I loved the V2 in a 905R and loved the new paint job and since I've been looking for a new shaft for my Srixon 745, I decided to try it out. Tipped it 1".  Took advantage of the warm weather and hit some shots at the range today.   Big difference from the Kuro that was originally in there.  More solid ( hate shafts that kick) and the launch was mid-high and very flat.  Very stable and accurate and more in line with the type of feel that I prefer.

Attached Thumbnails

  • IMG_0310.jpg

Srixon 745 10.5* UST V2
Mizuno MP-650 Speeder VC 8.0s
Srixon u45 18* KBS Tour 120
Srixon 745 DGS300 3-PW
Callaway Jaws 52*, 58*
Mizuno MP-T105

7

#8 trhode

trhode

    Fitter / Builder

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,744 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 67563
  • Joined: 10/13/2008
  • Location:INDY
GolfWRX Likes : 371

Posted 23 January 2018 - 06:03 AM

There will be a new V2 Tour version as well available through TSPX dealers. All white graphics instead of the yellow.

8

#9 Stuart G.

Stuart G.

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,179 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 174728
  • Joined: 04/12/2012
  • Location:New Hampshire
GolfWRX Likes : 5832

Posted 23 January 2018 - 06:29 AM

Love the PF v2 but not crazy about the lime color in the new paint scheme (sorry how could you even contemplate improving on the yellow-black combo???  :-)  so the all white option would certainly be a welcome sight.

Edited by Stuart G., 23 January 2018 - 06:29 AM.


9

#10 trhode

trhode

    Fitter / Builder

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,744 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 67563
  • Joined: 10/13/2008
  • Location:INDY
GolfWRX Likes : 371

Posted 23 January 2018 - 06:45 AM

Posted Image


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 kyle316

kyle316

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 36271
  • Joined: 08/02/2007
  • Location:Oklahoma
GolfWRX Likes : 37

Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:51 AM

What is the bend profile of the V2?  Are they stiff tip and butt design?

11

#12 Gnomesteel

Gnomesteel

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 302171
  • Joined: 03/17/2014
  • Location:Texas
  • Handicap:1.3
GolfWRX Likes : 430

Posted 04 February 2018 - 06:11 PM

I still donít understand how these are so cheap. Had one in a 3 wood years ago and loved it.

Edited by Gnomesteel, 04 February 2018 - 06:12 PM.


12

#13 03trdblack

03trdblack

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3549
  • Joined: 07/28/2005
  • Location:Nashville, TN
  • Handicap:2.0
GolfWRX Likes : 681

Posted 04 February 2018 - 06:51 PM

View PostGnomesteel, on 04 February 2018 - 06:11 PM, said:

I still donít understand how these are so cheap. Had one in a 3 wood years ago and loved it.

I had UST call me out on Instagram swearing it was a new shaft after I mentioned someone on here contacted them and had the customer service representative say it was the same shaft with new paint. Said it had recoil technology, blah blah.

I'm convinced it's the exact same shaft and just a new paint coating. Not saying that's a bad thing because the V2 is great and keeping it the same price is what the shaft industry needs but don't pretend it's something it's not if it's the same shaft as before.

13

#14 Gnomesteel

Gnomesteel

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 302171
  • Joined: 03/17/2014
  • Location:Texas
  • Handicap:1.3
GolfWRX Likes : 430

Posted 04 February 2018 - 08:38 PM

View Post03trdblack, on 04 February 2018 - 06:51 PM, said:

View PostGnomesteel, on 04 February 2018 - 06:11 PM, said:

I still don’t understand how these are so cheap. Had one in a 3 wood years ago and loved it.

I had UST call me out on Instagram swearing it was a new shaft after I mentioned someone on here contacted them and had the customer service representative say it was the same shaft with new paint. Said it had recoil technology, blah blah.

I'm convinced it's the exact same shaft and just a new paint coating. Not saying that's a bad thing because the V2 is great and keeping it the same price is what the shaft industry needs but don't pretend it's something it's not if it's the same shaft as before.

Yeah, messaging is a little confusing.

I think I’ll try one in my hybrid. At that price it’s so easy to justify a little test.

14

#15 Fubuman

Fubuman

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 396626
  • Joined: 09/20/2015
  • Location:South Africa
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 185

Posted 05 February 2018 - 03:11 AM

View PostGnomesteel, on 04 February 2018 - 08:38 PM, said:

View Post03trdblack, on 04 February 2018 - 06:51 PM, said:

View PostGnomesteel, on 04 February 2018 - 06:11 PM, said:

I still donít understand how these are so cheap. Had one in a 3 wood years ago and loved it.

I had UST call me out on Instagram swearing it was a new shaft after I mentioned someone on here contacted them and had the customer service representative say it was the same shaft with new paint. Said it had recoil technology, blah blah.

I'm convinced it's the exact same shaft and just a new paint coating. Not saying that's a bad thing because the V2 is great and keeping it the same price is what the shaft industry needs but don't pretend it's something it's not if it's the same shaft as before.

Yeah, messaging is a little confusing.

I think Iíll try one in my hybrid. At that price itís so easy to justify a little test.
Iíve had the original V2 hybrid shafts in my DET hybrids for 6 years now & have not found a better combination. They are still in the bag & not looking elsewhere, had a 76s in my 3w for a few years too & absolutely killed it.
If itís just the paint that has changed, Iíd game them in a heartbeat.

XR16-Pro 9+1 Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75X
3w DBD16 14* Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75x
Hybrid 815 Alpha 20 Fubuki 400h x
XR-Pro 4-PW / C-Taper lite x
MD Forged 52 TT DG s200
MD Forged 56 TT DG s200
MD PM Grind 60
Odyssey Pro Type Black no.2
Callaway Hex Control ball.

15

#16 Gnomesteel

Gnomesteel

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 302171
  • Joined: 03/17/2014
  • Location:Texas
  • Handicap:1.3
GolfWRX Likes : 430

Posted 05 February 2018 - 01:07 PM

I wonder is $130 more is worth it for the Tour version. Driver swing speed is usually around 112. I’ll be getting a 90x in either.

16

#17 phatchrisrules

phatchrisrules

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20680
  • Joined: 10/17/2006
  • Location:Southern Ontario, Canada
  • Handicap:6.5
GolfWRX Likes : 589

Posted 05 February 2018 - 03:17 PM

View PostGnomesteel, on 05 February 2018 - 01:07 PM, said:

I wonder is $130 more is worth it for the Tour version. Driver swing speed is usually around 112. I’ll be getting a 90x in either.

I can't see it stated anywhere about the "Recoil" technology for the standard shafts.  My bet is the Tour one has that incorporated and the regular V2 is just the paint.
Callaway Rogue SZ 9* - Mitsubishi Fubuki V 60
Callaway Rogue SZ 13.5* - Accra Tour Z Xtreme 275
Callaway Rogue SZ 18* - Accra Tour Z RPG 382
Titleist 818H2 21* - Accra FX 2.0 300H
Miura CB 2008 5-6, Miura CB 1008 7-8, Miura MC-501 9-PW - Accra iSeries Tour 105CWT
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50/SS, 54/ES, 58/ES - Modus 105 Wedge Master's Green
Bettinardi Inovai 3.0 Centre Shaft

17

#18 03trdblack

03trdblack

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3549
  • Joined: 07/28/2005
  • Location:Nashville, TN
  • Handicap:2.0
GolfWRX Likes : 681

Posted 05 February 2018 - 04:44 PM

View Postphatchrisrules, on 05 February 2018 - 03:17 PM, said:


I can't see it stated anywhere about the "Recoil" technology for the standard shafts.  My bet is the Tour one has that incorporated and the regular V2 is just the paint.

It's the third bullet point on the regular V2 web page:

http://www.ustmamiya...oforce-v2-wood/

Edited by 03trdblack, 05 February 2018 - 04:45 PM.


18

#19 Gnomesteel

Gnomesteel

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 302171
  • Joined: 03/17/2014
  • Location:Texas
  • Handicap:1.3
GolfWRX Likes : 430

Posted 05 February 2018 - 06:47 PM

In my experience tour versions tend to be more stable. Probably worth it.

19

#20 phatchrisrules

phatchrisrules

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20680
  • Joined: 10/17/2006
  • Location:Southern Ontario, Canada
  • Handicap:6.5
GolfWRX Likes : 589

Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:47 PM

View Post03trdblack, on 05 February 2018 - 04:44 PM, said:

View Postphatchrisrules, on 05 February 2018 - 03:17 PM, said:

I can't see it stated anywhere about the "Recoil" technology for the standard shafts.  My bet is the Tour one has that incorporated and the regular V2 is just the paint.

It's the third bullet point on the regular V2 web page:

http://www.ustmamiya...oforce-v2-wood/

Well that shows how good my reading comprehension skills are then, doesn't it.  Thanks!

Callaway Rogue SZ 9* - Mitsubishi Fubuki V 60
Callaway Rogue SZ 13.5* - Accra Tour Z Xtreme 275
Callaway Rogue SZ 18* - Accra Tour Z RPG 382
Titleist 818H2 21* - Accra FX 2.0 300H
Miura CB 2008 5-6, Miura CB 1008 7-8, Miura MC-501 9-PW - Accra iSeries Tour 105CWT
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50/SS, 54/ES, 58/ES - Modus 105 Wedge Master's Green
Bettinardi Inovai 3.0 Centre Shaft

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 storm319

storm319

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,646 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99866
  • Joined: 12/07/2009
  • Location:US
GolfWRX Likes : 603

Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:14 PM

View PostGnomesteel, on 05 February 2018 - 06:47 PM, said:

In my experience tour versions tend to be more stable. Probably worth it.

All depends on what this actually is. Could be:

1) reissue of the V2 Tour Flight which was very different than the standard V2
2) SPX type situation where it is literally the same shaft with different graphics and/or a special serial number
3) completely new design

We'll see I guess...

21

#22 Gnomesteel

Gnomesteel

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 302171
  • Joined: 03/17/2014
  • Location:Texas
  • Handicap:1.3
GolfWRX Likes : 430

Posted 06 February 2018 - 03:13 PM

View Poststorm319, on 06 February 2018 - 02:14 PM, said:

View PostGnomesteel, on 05 February 2018 - 06:47 PM, said:

In my experience tour versions tend to be more stable. Probably worth it.

All depends on what this actually is. Could be:

1) reissue of the V2 Tour Flight which was very different than the standard V2
2) SPX type situation where it is literally the same shaft with different graphics and/or a special serial number
3) completely new design

We'll see I guess...

I was under the impression that SPX shafts were made under tighter tolerances, but essentially the same. Similar to Tour Issue DGs.

22

#23 storm319

storm319

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,646 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99866
  • Joined: 12/07/2009
  • Location:US
GolfWRX Likes : 603

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:23 PM

View PostGnomesteel, on 06 February 2018 - 03:13 PM, said:

View Poststorm319, on 06 February 2018 - 02:14 PM, said:

View PostGnomesteel, on 05 February 2018 - 06:47 PM, said:

In my experience tour versions tend to be more stable. Probably worth it.

All depends on what this actually is. Could be:

1) reissue of the V2 Tour Flight which was very different than the standard V2
2) SPX type situation where it is literally the same shaft with different graphics and/or a special serial number
3) completely new design

We'll see I guess...

I was under the impression that SPX shafts were made under tighter tolerances, but essentially the same. Similar to Tour Issue DGs.

The "tolerance" term that is thrown around in a lot of marketing refers to the post-production sorting and QA process (actual production is not any different).

SPX shafts are simply stock production shafts (with exception to the limited run SPX only offerings, but those are really just different models altogether) that are sometimes finished differently and put through a series of tests for which measurements and specs are recorded in a database and referenced based on the special serial number. It was initially meant to track specs for tour issue shafts and which players they were going to but they found a niche demand once the shafts started getting into the hands of the general public.

TT DG shafts are literally the same as the original Dynamic shafts only weight sorted to +/- 2g from spec. All shafts came off the same line and batches outside of that tolerance were labeled Dynamic and sold at a lower price. The DG Tour Issue shafts are the same thing but with a tolerance of +/- .5g and a difference shaft band. Literally the same shaft produced the same way targeting the same spec.

23

#24 MSUIRONDAWGS

MSUIRONDAWGS

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105474
  • Joined: 03/28/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 145

Posted 06 February 2018 - 09:32 PM

Nice to see several guys in the Pebble pics today with this shaft in play.

24

#25 frebird

frebird

    freebird

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 362215
  • Joined: 02/13/2015
  • Location:Eastern NC
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:14 AM

I have played the V2 in my 3 and 4 hybrid for several years. The 4 is a Maltby with a V2 Stiff and it is the most dependable club in my bag. Drivers change, putters come and go, but this hybrid is my go to  club. Great shaft. Have a V2 in my 3 wood as well. Best 50 bucks you can spend.


25

#26 stopdog

stopdog

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39086
  • Joined: 09/09/2007
  • Location:La Jolla, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 28

Posted 01 March 2018 - 05:29 PM

I tried the new PROFORCE V2 7F5 in an 8.5 M3 Head and got fantastic results on the launch monitor. Mid boring flight with super low spin around 1450 rpm. The best thing was I hit it DEAD STRAIGHT shot after shot. So a combination of low torque and twist face seems to work for me. Currently I play 2017 M1 9.5 with Tour AD TP6X and hit it well but hooky sometimes. The M3 V2 7F5 as not hooking at all, slight fade if anything. I may order an M3 with it since no upcharge and if later don't like the shaft swap it for the AD TP6X. The V2 7F5 looks very cool and I like the texture too.

26

#27 Nixhex524

Nixhex524

    0033123

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,568 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 305437
  • Joined: 04/03/2014
  • Location:L.B.
  • Handicap:4.1
  • Ebay ID:Nixhex524
GolfWRX Likes : 1071

Posted 01 March 2018 - 10:14 PM

May have to try a newer version at some point... have the older 66g stiff in my 917 D3 and '16 M2, I love the feel of this shaft and it has always given me great results on the course... 76g in my 905r, too...

Edited by Nixhex524, 01 March 2018 - 11:05 PM.

Ping G400 Max 9*
Titleist 915f 16.5*
Srixon Z745 3-P
Titleist SM6 52*/58*
Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser

27

#28 bervin

bervin

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 463524
  • Joined: 04/14/2017
  • Location:Florida
GolfWRX Likes : 372

Posted 17 April 2018 - 01:33 PM

Not relevant to the new vs old discussion, and I don't mind either paint job.  But can someone help compare the feel and performance characteristics to a HZRDUS Black?  If I remember correctly, the V2 was marketed as low/low.  I think feel wise, it is probably similar to the HZRDUS, but its been years since I hit a V2 and I'm wondering how the two would theoretically compare in terms of spin and launch.
D: TaylorMade '17 M1 8* - HZRDUS Black 6.5 62g
FW: TaylorMade M3 3HL 15.5* - HZRDUS Black 6.5 75g
H: Ping Anser 20* - HZRDUS Black 6.5 85g
2i: TaylorMade M2 L.I.F.T. 16* - HZRDUS Black 6.5 85g
4i: TaylorMade '14 TP MC - DG X100 120
5i - PW: TaylorMade ' 14 TP MB - DG X100 120
GW: Callaway MD Forged Raw 52* - DG TI S400
LW: Callaway MD PM Grind 60* - KBS Tour V 120
P: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

28

#29 gioguy21

gioguy21

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,317 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 244071
  • Joined: 04/09/2013
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:+0.9
GolfWRX Likes : 3376

Posted 17 April 2018 - 01:37 PM

View Postbervin, on 17 April 2018 - 01:33 PM, said:

Not relevant to the new vs old discussion, and I don't mind either paint job.  But can someone help compare the feel and performance characteristics to a HZRDUS Black?  If I remember correctly, the V2 was marketed as low/low.  I think feel wise, it is probably similar to the HZRDUS, but its been years since I hit a V2 and I'm wondering how the two would theoretically compare in terms of spin and launch.
i thought they were comparable in terms of performance - but the v2 felt firmer yet softer feedback of that makes sense. also, the black didn't feel like it loaded, where as the v2 felt like you could feel the load and unload through impact.

M3 460 10.5*

M3 3HL / Tour Blue 80TX

P790 3I / Tensei Pro White Hybrid 90TX

MP18 MB 4I-PW /  CTaper Lite X

MD Forged 52 (10), 58 (8)  /  DG S200

MD3 Chrome 64 (8)  /  DG S200

Piretti Tour Custom 801R / 35.5"

BB0 Tour Limited / 35.5"

TP5x #1 "GIO"


2018 Shaft Shootout:

Aldila 2kxv blue 60TX

Aldila Tour Green ATX 60TX

Even Flow White T1100 75 6.5

T1100 65 6.5

Rogue Platinum 130 MSI 75X


29

#30 bervin

bervin

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 463524
  • Joined: 04/14/2017
  • Location:Florida
GolfWRX Likes : 372

Posted 17 April 2018 - 01:47 PM

View Postgioguy21, on 17 April 2018 - 01:37 PM, said:

View Postbervin, on 17 April 2018 - 01:33 PM, said:

Not relevant to the new vs old discussion, and I don't mind either paint job.  But can someone help compare the feel and performance characteristics to a HZRDUS Black?  If I remember correctly, the V2 was marketed as low/low.  I think feel wise, it is probably similar to the HZRDUS, but its been years since I hit a V2 and I'm wondering how the two would theoretically compare in terms of spin and launch.
i thought they were comparable in terms of performance - but the v2 felt firmer yet softer feedback of that makes sense. also, the black didn't feel like it loaded, where as the v2 felt like you could feel the load and unload through impact.

Thanks.  I thought I remembered the V2 feeling somewhat similar to the HZRDUS.  But the last time I hit it, it was in a brand new G10!  I did play the hybrid version in a Nickent 20* for a long time that was absolutely money for me until it cracked.

Any thoughts on launch/spin comparison?

D: TaylorMade '17 M1 8* - HZRDUS Black 6.5 62g
FW: TaylorMade M3 3HL 15.5* - HZRDUS Black 6.5 75g
H: Ping Anser 20* - HZRDUS Black 6.5 85g
2i: TaylorMade M2 L.I.F.T. 16* - HZRDUS Black 6.5 85g
4i: TaylorMade '14 TP MC - DG X100 120
5i - PW: TaylorMade ' 14 TP MB - DG X100 120
GW: Callaway MD Forged Raw 52* - DG TI S400
LW: Callaway MD PM Grind 60* - KBS Tour V 120
P: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors