Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

East Lothian Trip

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 baddomes

baddomes

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 291683
GolfWRX Likes : 8003

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:46 AM

Headed to Scotland for a week in July for some touring around with the wife.  Staying 3 days longer alone to play some golf.  Finalized the itinerary yesterday:

Day 1: Cragielaw (am)
Day 1: Kilspindie (pm)
<Staying in Dunbar>
Day 2: 36 at Dunbar
<Staying in Dunbar>
Day 3: 36 at North Berwick
<Staying in Glasgow, flying home the next am>

I've done 36 three days in a row before.  It's difficult, but big Scottish breakfasts will help.  Going to use the electric trolleys for every round.  Will a typical cart bag fit on those?  

I'm really looking forward to playing these courses.  Kilspindie looks like the coolest course on the planet.  Who has played it?  Would be an amazing place for a match.  Hope the pro shop can pair me up with someone who would like to play one.  Hoping all of the pro shops will pair me with locals.  

Any pub/restaurant advice in Dunbar?  I'll be there over the Scottish Open so accommodations in Gullane/North Berwick were basically zero.  Feel lucky to have found a place in Dunbar.

Edited by baddomes, 12 January 2018 - 10:46 AM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 thecraw

thecraw

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 195070
GolfWRX Likes : 255

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:44 AM

Kilspindie is a cracking wee course, very very short but its enjoyable.

Craigielaw in my opinion is the "worst" of the courses that you have identified but its still decent. Its a workable itinerary so stick with it. Berwick is quirky but also very enjoyable. I really enjoy Dunbar, beautiful golf course, flat but challenging with a few very good holes.

Trolley will fit a cart bag absolutely no problem.
Ping G30 - 10.5 LS - Diamana Whiteboard 60

Adams Tight Lies Titanium - Diamana Whiteboard 80
Adams Tight Lies  19 - Matrix Red Tie

Ping I e1 4-U Nippon 105

Ping Glide 54&58 SS Steelfibre 110

Ping Craz_e H G2i Spryevo design/
Ping Cadence Ketsch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors