Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Face Balanced Blade Putters?


32 replies to this topic

#1 Walk It In

Walk It In

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 490466
  • Joined: 01/08/2018
  • Location:St. Louis, MO
  • Handicap:1.9
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 11 January 2018 - 11:17 PM

Face balanced putters fit my stroke best but I still haven’t gotten used to the mallet look / weight. Are there any blade putters out there that are face balanced?


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 UtahWolverine

UtahWolverine

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125881
  • Joined: 04/04/2011
  • Handicap:9.8
GolfWRX Likes : 36

Posted 11 January 2018 - 11:22 PM

http://www.golfwrx.c...e#entry15666948

Some good suggestions in here.  I am in the same boat.  The Ping milled anser 5 is a great option, used it a lot this last year but to me its a little light.  Got a Betti ss9 that I am liking a lot so far.  Scotty notchback is pretty close to face balanced if I remember right, maybe the 2.7 too but they are somewhat rare.
Callaway Epic 9*
TEE CBX 15*
TEE Pro 17*
Callaway X Forged 5-PW  PXi 6.0
Vokey 54* 58 *
Putter depends on the day

2

#3 Walk It In

Walk It In

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 490466
  • Joined: 01/08/2018
  • Location:St. Louis, MO
  • Handicap:1.9
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 11 January 2018 - 11:56 PM

Thanks!!

3

#4 toophewbirdies

toophewbirdies

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 803 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 345557
  • Joined: 10/21/2014
  • Location:just off the green
GolfWRX Likes : 867

Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:05 AM

This MannKrafted Brass MA/66 is!

IMG_3714.JPG

4

#5 Rob McHugh

Rob McHugh

    Rob

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 730 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 374619
  • Joined: 05/05/2015
  • Location:Sydney, Australia
  • Handicap:13
  • Ebay ID:mchug.rober
GolfWRX Likes : 875

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:16 AM

Anything with a Goose neck will give you what you Nead. :-)

Rob


5

#6 JStang

JStang

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122217
  • Joined: 02/13/2011
  • Location:FL
  • Handicap:6.4
GolfWRX Likes : 1212

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:00 AM

Anser 5, or check out Nike Method B02-05 putters. They can be purchased for really cheap.
Tour Issue '16 M2 | 917 F2 | 915H 2&3 | Nike VR Pro Combo | Vokey SM6 52, 58 | Byron Morgan DH89

6

#7 Golfrnut

Golfrnut

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,794 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132818
  • Joined: 07/12/2011
  • Location:Eastern NC
GolfWRX Likes : 2196

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:54 AM

You can tell how much hang most putters have by looking at how the shaft plane line intersects the putter head.  If you are looking for face balanced, look for ones where the shaft line(main part of the shaft) intersects the head if you were to draw a straight line from the grip, down the shaft line, and thru the putter head.  Your head tow hand putters will meet closer to the heel, face balanced putters in the center of the putter head(heel to toe).
TM Supertri V2 w/ AD DI (Testing a new one that's on probation)
Callaway 3Deep w/ 73 BB or Stage 2 3W w/ 73 BB
Stage 2 3H w/ i80 Steelfiber
Callaway Apex UT 21* w/ i80 Steelfiber
Callaway X Prototype MBs 4-PW w/ Steelfiber AMI 99s
Callaway MD3 52* & 58* PM grind (both X100 8 iron SS)
Odyssey MXM 1W

7

#8 Charles.eichman

Charles.eichman

    Member

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 446268
  • Joined: 11/12/2016
  • Location:Philadelphia
  • Handicap:6.5
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:34 AM

Edel torque balanced.

8

#9 Totalee74

Totalee74

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 412252
  • Joined: 02/14/2016
  • Location:NC
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:41 PM

Mid blade, but ping kushin, 365g is the best putter I've ever had

9

#10 AmAgain

AmAgain

    AmAgain

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 361355
  • Joined: 02/06/2015
  • Location:NWA
GolfWRX Likes : 37

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:32 PM

Posted Image


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 Smokey227

Smokey227

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77521
  • Joined: 03/16/2009
  • Location:Huntsville, Al
  • Ebay ID:lillam01
GolfWRX Likes : 149

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:13 PM

Bettinardi signature series 7. Face balanced, great feel, good weight to it.  

I make more putts with a mallet, but I love the look and feel of the SS7.
Ping G400 Max 10.5 Fujikura Speeder 6.3
Ping G25 16.5* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75
Ping G25 20* hybrid Fubuki 415
Ping I200 4-U Nippon Modus 105
Ping Gilde 2.0 Stealth 54 SS (bent to 55)
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 60ES
Toulon Memphis

11

#12 jshel

jshel

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17037
  • Joined: 07/27/2006
  • Location:Minneapolis, MN
GolfWRX Likes : 43

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:01 AM

I have a couple of Bettinardi models that are either face balanced or near face balanced.

- Kuchar Model 1
- Queen B 8

The Queen Bee 6 is also face balanced.
Driver: Ping G400, 9.5, Ping Tour shaft
3W: Ping G400, Ping Tour shaft
Hybrid: Callaway XR 19 degree
Irons: Mizuno JPX-900 Hot Metal 4-PW
Wedges: Vokey SM6 52, 56, 60
Putter: Bettinardi Queen Bee 8 is the most likely option

12

#13 Benkross

Benkross

    Drives for Show, Can't Putt for Sh*t

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 397536
  • Joined: 09/27/2015
  • Location:Brooklyn, Ny
  • Handicap:2.8
  • Ebay ID:Cmol5150
GolfWRX Likes : 117

Posted 15 January 2018 - 11:39 PM

Evnroll ER2 or Odyssey 1W. Scotty Squareback
Or Newport 2.7 or a Newport Longneck

Edited by Benkross, 15 January 2018 - 11:49 PM.

Epic Sub Zero 10.6* (Tour AD TP6x)
Epic 3 Wood 15* (Rogue Black 80s)
R15 TP 20* 869 Speeder Evo TS xstiff
716 AP2 (ProjectX PXi 6.5) 4-9 / 716 MB PW (ProjectX 6.0)

Vokey Wedges
SM5 F Grind 52/8 (ProjectX 6.0)
SM6 S Grind 57/11 (ProjectX 6.0)
SM6 M Grind 62/10 (ProjectX 5.5)

Kingston GSS KP1
TP 5/5x

13

#14 thug the bunny

thug the bunny

    We are spirits in a material world

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 251822
  • Joined: 05/21/2013
  • Location:Jersey
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 12928

Posted 15 January 2018 - 11:46 PM

What the heck is a face balanced putter anyway?
The absolute perfection of existence, life, and aesthetic beauty is the work not only of evolution but of a powerful being.

14

#15 Golfrnut

Golfrnut

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,794 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132818
  • Joined: 07/12/2011
  • Location:Eastern NC
GolfWRX Likes : 2196

Posted 16 January 2018 - 12:47 AM

 thug the bunny, on 15 January 2018 - 11:46 PM, said:

What the heck is a face balanced putter anyway?


Honest question or sarcasm?

TM Supertri V2 w/ AD DI (Testing a new one that's on probation)
Callaway 3Deep w/ 73 BB or Stage 2 3W w/ 73 BB
Stage 2 3H w/ i80 Steelfiber
Callaway Apex UT 21* w/ i80 Steelfiber
Callaway X Prototype MBs 4-PW w/ Steelfiber AMI 99s
Callaway MD3 52* & 58* PM grind (both X100 8 iron SS)
Odyssey MXM 1W

15

#16 thug the bunny

thug the bunny

    We are spirits in a material world

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 251822
  • Joined: 05/21/2013
  • Location:Jersey
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 12928

Posted 16 January 2018 - 12:57 AM

 Golfrnut, on 16 January 2018 - 12:47 AM, said:

 thug the bunny, on 15 January 2018 - 11:46 PM, said:

What the heck is a face balanced putter anyway?


Honest question or sarcasm?

Honest question. I have played golf for 30 yrs and never paid much attention to putter 'technology'. I have used everything from a bullseye to a W/S 8802 to an Anser 4, and with all I just make sure my putter face points directly at my target at impact and roll the ball. It's a 2 mph stroke for goodness sake. Where does the 'technology' come into play?
The absolute perfection of existence, life, and aesthetic beauty is the work not only of evolution but of a powerful being.

16

#17 Golfrnut

Golfrnut

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,794 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132818
  • Joined: 07/12/2011
  • Location:Eastern NC
GolfWRX Likes : 2196

Posted 16 January 2018 - 01:06 AM

 thug the bunny, on 16 January 2018 - 12:57 AM, said:

 Golfrnut, on 16 January 2018 - 12:47 AM, said:

 thug the bunny, on 15 January 2018 - 11:46 PM, said:

What the heck is a face balanced putter anyway?


Honest question or sarcasm?

Honest question. I have played golf for 30 yrs and never paid much attention to putter 'technology'. I have used everything from a bullseye to a W/S 8802 to an Anser 4, and with all I just make sure my putter face points directly at my target at impact and roll the ball. It's a 2 mph stroke for goodness sake. Where does the 'technology' come into play?

Take your putter and rest the shaft across both hands with the face pointing straight up.  A face balanced putter will stay that way without you putting effort to hold it there.  A putter with toe hang will rotate with the toe pointing downward to some extent.  The head balance will effect the natural desire of the putter head to rotate through the swing.  People that have more arc to their stroke many times tend to favor putters with toe hang as it will aid in the rotation of the face to square during the stroke.  Those with less of an arc can struggle with the same type and might favor more of a balanced putter.  There are no rules, it's just a property that can help/hurt depending on how it matches up.
TM Supertri V2 w/ AD DI (Testing a new one that's on probation)
Callaway 3Deep w/ 73 BB or Stage 2 3W w/ 73 BB
Stage 2 3H w/ i80 Steelfiber
Callaway Apex UT 21* w/ i80 Steelfiber
Callaway X Prototype MBs 4-PW w/ Steelfiber AMI 99s
Callaway MD3 52* & 58* PM grind (both X100 8 iron SS)
Odyssey MXM 1W

17

#18 thug the bunny

thug the bunny

    We are spirits in a material world

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 251822
  • Joined: 05/21/2013
  • Location:Jersey
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 12928

Posted 16 January 2018 - 01:15 AM

 Golfrnut, on 16 January 2018 - 01:06 AM, said:

 thug the bunny, on 16 January 2018 - 12:57 AM, said:

 Golfrnut, on 16 January 2018 - 12:47 AM, said:

 thug the bunny, on 15 January 2018 - 11:46 PM, said:

What the heck is a face balanced putter anyway?


Honest question or sarcasm?

Honest question. I have played golf for 30 yrs and never paid much attention to putter 'technology'. I have used everything from a bullseye to a W/S 8802 to an Anser 4, and with all I just make sure my putter face points directly at my target at impact and roll the ball. It's a 2 mph stroke for goodness sake. Where does the 'technology' come into play?

Take your putter and rest the shaft across both hands with the face pointing straight up.  A face balanced putter will stay that way without you putting effort to hold it there.  A putter with toe hang will rotate with the toe pointing downward to some extent.  The head balance will effect the natural desire of the putter head to rotate through the swing.  People that have more arc to their stroke many times tend to favor putters with toe hang as it will aid in the rotation of the face to square during the stroke.  Those with less of an arc can struggle with the same type and might favor more of a balanced putter.  There are no rules, it's just a property that can help/hurt depending on how it matches up.

Cool, I never knew this. But to not not have the putter roll in your hands, wouldn't the shaft have to go into the head right at the center of the face? Almost all putters I see are toe heavy. Regardless, as I said, it's a 2 mph stroke, can't you control the face to point directly at the target at impact even if it is a garden shovel?
The absolute perfection of existence, life, and aesthetic beauty is the work not only of evolution but of a powerful being.

18

#19 Golfrnut

Golfrnut

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,794 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132818
  • Joined: 07/12/2011
  • Location:Eastern NC
GolfWRX Likes : 2196

Posted 16 January 2018 - 01:23 AM

 thug the bunny, on 16 January 2018 - 01:15 AM, said:

 Golfrnut, on 16 January 2018 - 01:06 AM, said:

 thug the bunny, on 16 January 2018 - 12:57 AM, said:

 Golfrnut, on 16 January 2018 - 12:47 AM, said:

 thug the bunny, on 15 January 2018 - 11:46 PM, said:

What the heck is a face balanced putter anyway?


Honest question or sarcasm?

Honest question. I have played golf for 30 yrs and never paid much attention to putter 'technology'. I have used everything from a bullseye to a W/S 8802 to an Anser 4, and with all I just make sure my putter face points directly at my target at impact and roll the ball. It's a 2 mph stroke for goodness sake. Where does the 'technology' come into play?

Take your putter and rest the shaft across both hands with the face pointing straight up.  A face balanced putter will stay that way without you putting effort to hold it there.  A putter with toe hang will rotate with the toe pointing downward to some extent.  The head balance will effect the natural desire of the putter head to rotate through the swing.  People that have more arc to their stroke many times tend to favor putters with toe hang as it will aid in the rotation of the face to square during the stroke.  Those with less of an arc can struggle with the same type and might favor more of a balanced putter.  There are no rules, it's just a property that can help/hurt depending on how it matches up.

Cool, I never knew this. But to not not have the putter roll in your hands, wouldn't the shaft have to go into the head right at the center of the face? Almost all putters I see are toe heavy. Regardless, as I said, it's a 2 mph stroke, can't you control the face to point directly at the target at impact even if it is a garden shovel?


See above where I mentioned it before.  Face balanced putters will almost always have a main shaft line that will visually intersect the center of the face.  With double bend shafts and a few others, they don't need to physically attach at that point but the plane line of the shaft will pass through the center.  That's normally the easiest way to tell without physically touching them.

It can be an aid to "help".  That means it takes less manipulation on the part of the golfer to make the stroke, which is a good thing.  Always better to not have to fight the club when you don't have to.  Studies have shown it can make a difference.  If we could all point the face where we wanted it all the time, we would all have much better putting averages.  ;)
TM Supertri V2 w/ AD DI (Testing a new one that's on probation)
Callaway 3Deep w/ 73 BB or Stage 2 3W w/ 73 BB
Stage 2 3H w/ i80 Steelfiber
Callaway Apex UT 21* w/ i80 Steelfiber
Callaway X Prototype MBs 4-PW w/ Steelfiber AMI 99s
Callaway MD3 52* & 58* PM grind (both X100 8 iron SS)
Odyssey MXM 1W

19

#20 thug the bunny

thug the bunny

    We are spirits in a material world

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 251822
  • Joined: 05/21/2013
  • Location:Jersey
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 12928

Posted 16 January 2018 - 01:43 AM

 Golfrnut, on 16 January 2018 - 01:23 AM, said:

 thug the bunny, on 16 January 2018 - 01:15 AM, said:

 Golfrnut, on 16 January 2018 - 01:06 AM, said:

 thug the bunny, on 16 January 2018 - 12:57 AM, said:

 Golfrnut, on 16 January 2018 - 12:47 AM, said:


Honest question or sarcasm?

Honest question. I have played golf for 30 yrs and never paid much attention to putter 'technology'. I have used everything from a bullseye to a W/S 8802 to an Anser 4, and with all I just make sure my putter face points directly at my target at impact and roll the ball. It's a 2 mph stroke for goodness sake. Where does the 'technology' come into play?

Take your putter and rest the shaft across both hands with the face pointing straight up.  A face balanced putter will stay that way without you putting effort to hold it there.  A putter with toe hang will rotate with the toe pointing downward to some extent.  The head balance will effect the natural desire of the putter head to rotate through the swing.  People that have more arc to their stroke many times tend to favor putters with toe hang as it will aid in the rotation of the face to square during the stroke.  Those with less of an arc can struggle with the same type and might favor more of a balanced putter.  There are no rules, it's just a property that can help/hurt depending on how it matches up.

Cool, I never knew this. But to not not have the putter roll in your hands, wouldn't the shaft have to go into the head right at the center of the face? Almost all putters I see are toe heavy. Regardless, as I said, it's a 2 mph stroke, can't you control the face to point directly at the target at impact even if it is a garden shovel?


See above where I mentioned it before.  Face balanced putters will almost always have a main shaft line that will visually intersect the center of the face.  With double bend shafts and a few others, they don't need to physically attach at that point but the plane line of the shaft will pass through the center.  That's normally the easiest way to tell without physically touching them.

It can be an aid to "help".  That means it takes less manipulation on the part of the golfer to make the stroke, which is a good thing.  Always better to not have to fight the club when you don't have to.  Studies have shown it can make a difference.  If we could all point the face where we wanted it all the time, we would all have much better putting averages.  ;)

I understand now. I just hope that golfers aren't relying on their $500 Scottys to hold the face square for them rather than using their own will and face awareness.

The absolute perfection of existence, life, and aesthetic beauty is the work not only of evolution but of a powerful being.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 Two_Putt

Two_Putt

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,436 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 316443
  • Joined: 05/22/2014
  • Location:Chico, CA
  • Handicap:HIGH
  • Ebay ID:Par_Hunter
GolfWRX Likes : 608

Posted 16 January 2018 - 04:25 PM

Have have been a blade guy my whole life and then bought a Scotty Cameron Futura X5. When you start putting better you will get past the look of the mallet.

21

#22 tmartin89

tmartin89

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 394608
  • Joined: 09/03/2015
  • Location:Midland, TX
  • Handicap:+0.4
GolfWRX Likes : 67

Posted 17 January 2018 - 11:01 AM

Edel have a torque balanced putter.
As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round.

22

#23 Jazzmastafish

Jazzmastafish

    All Orange Everything

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 249960
  • Joined: 05/10/2013
  • Location:Chicago
  • Handicap:8
  • Ebay ID:jazzmastafish
GolfWRX Likes : 101

Posted 02 February 2018 - 12:26 AM

I had an olddddd Bettinardi BB1-MS that was basically face balanced. Any long neck plumbers neck usually comes in damn near face balanced. Also Scotty Cameron Catalinas are blades with a double bend shaft that face balances it.
Cobra KING LTD Pro 8.5º F - Aldila NV 2kxv Green 75S
Tour Edge Exotics XCG6 15º - Accra FX200F M4
Titleist 816H2 21º (C1) - Graphite Design AD DI 105S (Double Eagle 7/15/17)
Titleist 712U 4i - Aerotech SteelFiber 110S
Titleist 714 AP2 5-9 - Aerotech SteelFiber 110S
Titleist Vokey SM5 46.08, SM6 50.12F, SM6 56.14F bent to 55 - True Temper DG S200
Miura K-grind 60º - True Temper Tour Issue DG S400
Scotty Cameron "Orange" X (Red X w/ custom black oxide finish & orange paint job)

23

#24 vman

vman

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 26713
  • Joined: 03/15/2007
  • Location:UK
  • Handicap:Pro
GolfWRX Likes : 355

Posted 02 February 2018 - 06:07 AM

A putter that faces the sky when balanced horizontally on your fingers makes absolutely no sense to me in terms of a putting stroke. Face balanced putters need a good degree of grip pressure in the actual stroke, otherwise the head just flops open to an alarming degree.
CLEVELAND CLASSIC CUSTOM XL 9*
CALLAWAY XR16 PRO 16*
CALLAWAY APEX HYBRID 18*
CALLAWAY APEX UT 21* 24*
SRIXON Z565 6-P
CLEVELAND RTX 2.0 RTG  52*, 56*, 60*
PING SENITA

24

#25 Golfrnut

Golfrnut

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,794 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132818
  • Joined: 07/12/2011
  • Location:Eastern NC
GolfWRX Likes : 2196

Posted 02 February 2018 - 07:37 AM

 vman, on 02 February 2018 - 06:07 AM, said:

A putter that faces the sky when balanced horizontally on your fingers makes absolutely no sense to me in terms of a putting stroke. Face balanced putters need a good degree of grip pressure in the actual stroke, otherwise the head just flops open to an alarming degree.

Can't say I grip mine with much pressure at all, and no it does not "flop open".

TM Supertri V2 w/ AD DI (Testing a new one that's on probation)
Callaway 3Deep w/ 73 BB or Stage 2 3W w/ 73 BB
Stage 2 3H w/ i80 Steelfiber
Callaway Apex UT 21* w/ i80 Steelfiber
Callaway X Prototype MBs 4-PW w/ Steelfiber AMI 99s
Callaway MD3 52* & 58* PM grind (both X100 8 iron SS)
Odyssey MXM 1W

25

#26 Misc1600

Misc1600

    Advanced

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 448 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16673
  • Joined: 07/20/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 136

Posted 02 February 2018 - 07:54 AM

Ping Anser 2x

26

#27 Sanzabar

Sanzabar

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125516
  • Joined: 03/29/2011
  • Location:Richmond VA
  • Handicap:5.4
GolfWRX Likes : 223

Posted 02 February 2018 - 07:55 AM

I think a lot of the SeeMore's are face balanced blades.
Ping G400 SFT w/Evolution II 569
Callaway V-Series 3 wood

Callaway V-Series Heavenwood
Callaway XR Steelhead 22*
Callaway Apex CF16 Black
Wilson Staff FG Tour PMP 56/60*
SeeMore Nashville mFGP2

Colts #ForTheShoe

27

#28 mmarler

mmarler

    Tour Winner

  • Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8311
  • Joined: 12/01/2005
  • Location:New Brockton, AL
  • Handicap:5
  • Ebay ID:mmarler
GolfWRX Likes : 183

Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:28 AM

Anser 5............I got the milled version and counterbalanced it with a clevis pin at 33 and its been great so far.
Taylormade 2016 M2 9.5 Kuro Kage Silver 60X
Adams 15* LS XTD Kuro Kage 70S
Wilson D100 Hybrid 19* Studio Matrix Stiff
TaylorMade M1 5-PW Kuro Kage Regular
Titleist Vokey 50* S300
Callaway MD PM Grind 56* Black
TaylorMade Daytona #1

28

#29 vman

vman

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 26713
  • Joined: 03/15/2007
  • Location:UK
  • Handicap:Pro
GolfWRX Likes : 355

Posted 05 February 2018 - 03:23 PM

 Golfrnut, on 02 February 2018 - 07:37 AM, said:

 vman, on 02 February 2018 - 06:07 AM, said:

A putter that faces the sky when balanced horizontally on your fingers makes absolutely no sense to me in terms of a putting stroke. Face balanced putters need a good degree of grip pressure in the actual stroke, otherwise the head just flops open to an alarming degree.

Can't say I grip mine with much pressure at all, and no it does not "flop open".
You do...just enough to stop it flopping open. :taunt:
CLEVELAND CLASSIC CUSTOM XL 9*
CALLAWAY XR16 PRO 16*
CALLAWAY APEX HYBRID 18*
CALLAWAY APEX UT 21* 24*
SRIXON Z565 6-P
CLEVELAND RTX 2.0 RTG  52*, 56*, 60*
PING SENITA

29

#30 Golfrnut

Golfrnut

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,794 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132818
  • Joined: 07/12/2011
  • Location:Eastern NC
GolfWRX Likes : 2196

Posted 05 February 2018 - 03:55 PM

 vman, on 05 February 2018 - 03:23 PM, said:

 Golfrnut, on 02 February 2018 - 07:37 AM, said:

 vman, on 02 February 2018 - 06:07 AM, said:

A putter that faces the sky when balanced horizontally on your fingers makes absolutely no sense to me in terms of a putting stroke. Face balanced putters need a good degree of grip pressure in the actual stroke, otherwise the head just flops open to an alarming degree.

Can't say I grip mine with much pressure at all, and no it does not "flop open".
You do...just enough to stop it flopping open. :taunt:

I would disagree unless you are talking about address.  I have much more putter face rotation with a toe hang putter through the stroke vs face balanced.

TM Supertri V2 w/ AD DI (Testing a new one that's on probation)
Callaway 3Deep w/ 73 BB or Stage 2 3W w/ 73 BB
Stage 2 3H w/ i80 Steelfiber
Callaway Apex UT 21* w/ i80 Steelfiber
Callaway X Prototype MBs 4-PW w/ Steelfiber AMI 99s
Callaway MD3 52* & 58* PM grind (both X100 8 iron SS)
Odyssey MXM 1W

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors