Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Tournament Ticket Surprise Stories.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Glaze22

Glaze22

FORE!!!!

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 511 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 365689
GolfWRX Likes : 219

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:45 AM

I like hearing peoples stories about being surprised with Tournament Tickets. It could have been your first tournament, your 10th, 50th, going with a certain someone etc...

Mine:

I am still new to golf (this will be my 3rd full year/season), but last year I was playing, got paired with another 2 men. We were all walking, 1 man pushes his second shot way right and loses his ball in a creek. He drops an old ball and finishes the hole. Get to the third tee and he is agitated, I ask him whats up and he said he forgot to put some balls in his bag. All he had was the one he just finished out with and it was an old old old TopFlight. So I dig in my bag and give him a sleeve of ProV1's, he did not want to take them, I said dont worry and if he needs more just let me know. He is a 6 hcp player, so he is pretty good, we finish out the round and he had not lost any more. He offered to pay for them and I told him not to worry. It was a good fun day. Come to find out 2 weeks later he had asked the owner of the golf course who I was. We ended up playing together a couple more times. We got to know each other better over a couple of rounds. He walks up to me one day and asked if I had ever been to the Masters? I said no and he just asks "would you like to go"? Of course I said yes but I know how much each ticket sells for second hand and that I could not spend that much on tickets. He said can you spend $300 for 2 tickets, I could deff come up with that. He said get the $$$ and I will see you tomorrow at work. He shows and I give him the money. He proceeds to hand me an envelope, inside are 2 tickets to Tuesdays practice round and 2 tickets for Sunday!!!!! I was in shock and asked what was going on. He said that when I gave him the ProV1's and just acted like we had been friends for years that it told him a lot about who I was. (That made me feel pretty dame awesome, I dont think I am all that special) So, come to find out he has been working at the Masters for 17 years and also has one of the Badges. So he ends up selling his extra tickets when he can. So that is my story, my first tournament was the Masters and it is all down hill from there.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 qwetz

qwetz

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 467512
  • Ebay ID:ttije00.1
GolfWRX Likes : 27

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:54 AM

that's incredible.
G400 Max 10.5 Fujikura Motore VC 7.2x
G400 Stretch 3 Fujikura Rombax 95x
G400 5w Fujikura Rombax 95x
Mizuno MP-18 SC 4-8 PX 6.5
Mizuno MP-18 MB 9-PW PX 6.5
Mizuno S18 50.07/54.08/58.12 PX 6.0
Odyssey Versa #7CS

#3 NCLancer

NCLancer

from Northern New York to The Triangle

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 263156
GolfWRX Likes : 75

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:34 AM

What an exceptional story.  Thank you for sharing and one never knows what can happen on the golf course!  
Good things happen to good people.  :good:

#4 MrJones

MrJones

Waiting for the weekend...

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,674 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18450
  • Handicap:6.7
GolfWRX Likes : 979

Posted 11 January 2018 - 12:32 PM

My buddy got in a drawing at work for tickets to the Masters this year. He won two tickets to Friday's round, not really realizing how big of a deal that was.

He then invited his longtime friend, most handsome golfing buddy, and all around favorite guy to go with him.

And when that guy and a couple of others couldn't go, he asked me :wave:

I've been to a couple of LPGA tournaments before but this will be my first PGA tour tournament. We're both super excited about it.
Cobra Bio Cell Pro
Cobra Bio Cell+ 3 wood
TM RAC MB 3-PW
Mizuno MP-R 54*, 60*   
Odyssey White Ice 1

#5 zmrobertson

zmrobertson

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 253292
GolfWRX Likes : 167

Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:58 PM

I've been in the Masters lotto for like 7 or 8 years.  But I recently had my mom sign up for the Masters lotto the last couple years and she actually hit two Wedn round tickets this year.  That was a yuge surprise since I knew she was giving them to me anyway.

Masters side story: This will be my second Masters, but the first one I went to three years ago my buddy had a ticket for the Tues practice round and asked the night before if I wanted to go and try to find a ticket when we get there.  I decided to try and walked around for literally 5 or 6 hours trying to find a ticket.  I even saw an older couple walking out and literally just hand their tickets (for FREE) to these two scum scalpers standing right next to me that already had other badges.  They were just trying to flip them for ridiculous money.  That was around the 2 hour mark of my trying so the next 3-4 was excruciating.  Then this college kid comes out and I'm like you leaving?  I'll take that badge off your hands for $80.  He's like sure, then as I'm handing him the money he's like, wait you might be a cop, nevermind.  I'm like wtf.  So I follow him trying to convince him I'm not a cop and he's like no thanks.  Then I'm like look kid, I've been walking around for 5 f**king hours trying to find a ticket so take this $80, give me the f**king badge and we'll never see each other for the rest of our lives!  His eyes just open wide and he finally gives the badge up.  I get inside and find out the gates close in like 2 hours haha.  Oh well at least I got in to see the grounds in person.

My point is I'm going to be pumped to be able to park and walk right in this year.

Ping G25 9*
Ping G25 4w
TM R9 TP 3-PW
Cleveland RTX 2.0 52*
Cleveland CG12 56*, 60*
SC GoLo 5

#6 DartBrigade

DartBrigade

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 378262
GolfWRX Likes : 52

Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:01 PM

I live a mile or so away from Conway Farms (BMW Championship) and the first year they held it there they had general parking right down the street from my house so for the inconvenience they mailed the entire neighborhood 2 full week passes. I went to the neighbors I knew weren't going to go and asked for theirs and ended up with 8 so I could bring the whole crew. It was awesome except that we basically couldn't leave our house in a car from 8AM-6PM the whole week because traffic was so bad.

Not as cool as Masters tickets but it was a nice gesture from the committee. After that they changed that lot to VIP and didn't send us tickets which was less cool b/c it was still a major headache to leave or come back without the upside. Life goes on.

Edited by 02silverbullet, 11 January 2018 - 02:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors