Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Golf Statistics Application

30 replies to this topic

#1 Sean2

Sean2

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 30,016 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29539
  • Ebay ID:None
GolfWRX Likes : 17358

Posted 10 January 2018 - 09:04 PM

I am looking for an application to keep statistics of my game, i.e., after the round I input the necessary data, for example, green/fairways hit, number of putts, score per hole, etc.

I am not interested in a GPS for my phone, or inputing data during the round. I did some searches, but I haven't been able to find something that will allow me to do only that. Perhaps it's because what I am asking for is pretty boring. lol

Thanks in advance, I appreciate it. :-)

Callaway Rogue
Callaway GBB Epic 16º/20º/24º
Callaway Steelhead XR 25º
Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW
Callaway MD3/MD-PM 54º/58º
Callaway "O" Works #7

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 rawdog

rawdog

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,365 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424320
  • Handicap:8.6
  • Ebay ID:staghornsandmore
GolfWRX Likes : 1915

Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:11 PM

View PostSean2, on 10 January 2018 - 09:04 PM, said:

I am looking for an application to keep statistics of my game, i.e., after the round I input the necessary data, for example, green/fairways hit, number of putts, score per hole, etc.

I am not interested in a GPS for my phone, or inputing data during the round. I did some searches, but I haven't been able to find something that will allow me to do only that. Perhaps it's because what I am asking for is pretty boring. lol

Do you use gmail? I can build you a spreadsheet in google sheets and we can customize it however you want. Cloud-based, you just log in and type in the data.

I do this regularly for my consulting clients. It would take me 20 mins and cost you $0.

I enjoy it. Let me know.
Cobra LTD Driver
Aldila Rogue Black, 9.5* @44.5"
Mizuno Fli-Hi T-Zoid  18* & 21*
In1Zone Single Length Fairway Woods
Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue @41.5" 7W = 23*
Cobra F7 One Length Irons
Nippon Modus 105 Stiff @ 36.5"
6I = 24*   7I = 29*   8I = 34*   9I = 39*   PW = 44*   GW = 49*   SW = 54*   LW = 59*
Odyssey #9 HT Metal X Milled @33.5"
Maxfli SoftFli

#3 RSinSG

RSinSG

Major Winner

• 2,522 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 300931
  • Handicap:6.7
  • Ebay ID:RSinPS
GolfWRX Likes : 1861

Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:24 PM

I'm too old to mess with Excel anymore, or any other software for that matter. I use the original GameGolf and it does everything I need. There are other tagging devices that do more, but I get everything I need with the Classic version. Actually, it gives me more information than I probably need.

If you're interested in more info PM me and I'll send you some screen shots of the data available. You can click on my GameGolf home page in my signature for basic info but you cant drill down into club specifics etc.
Ping G400 Tour AD DI6s
Ping G30 3 wood
Ben Hogan VTKR 17* and 21* hybrid
Ping G30 Irons 5-SW, Steel Fiber i95
Ping Glide 58* LW
Scotty Cameron Studio Blade (or) Scotty Cameron Fastback
Gamegolf
https://www.ledges.com/ Home course

#4 johnmurphy1121

johnmurphy1121

• 18 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68477
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:32 PM

I use an app on my phone called Golfer Stats Pro.
Callaway Epic Sub Zero 10.5 w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 6X
Callaway Epic 3 wood 15* Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 7X
Titleist 913 5 wood 19* Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 8X
Calloway Apex Combo w/ KBS Ctaper 130 X
Vokey SM6 50* w/ KBS C Taper 130 X
Vokey SM6 55*, 60* w/ KBS Tour V 120
EVNROLL ER2 34 inches w/ Super Stoke pistol

#5 Ferguson

Ferguson

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,162 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 371587
  • Handicap:6.5
GolfWRX Likes : 4370

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:15 AM

I have friends that keep every stat known to man but their game never changes and they never improve.  In my opinion,  I believe they overthink it but I just keep quiet.  They are friends and I don't bug them about it.

I have always been from the camp that over-analysis can be more detrimental than no analysis at all.    
Not saying it’s right or wrong – just the way I look at it.

My days of vast improvement are over.   I just like playing, and found a nice way to manage and adjust during a round.    I might track putts or greens or fairways during a given round, but never all of them during the same round and only on the front nine.    This helps me track tendencies or trends on the front and make minor adjustments on the back to see if things change.  

Example:   If I miss three putts all to the short side on the front nine, I’ll make slight adjustment to the alignment on the back nine.   In other words, no further analysis needed.

#6 Walk It In

Walk It In

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 490466
  • Handicap:1.9
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:02 AM

I use The Grint iPhone app and would definitely recommend. You can log during round or after. Several stat categories. You can also link to friends and see their stats through the year as well. Our regular 4some is all on it, so it’s fun to see who leads each category and who plays better at different tracks.

They also have a website your data dumps into. Good info in lots of areas. What I like most is to see scoring tendencies by hole length, fairway vs rough etc. There is also a trends feature that will show you how many holes you have gone between 3 putts, or double bogies, consecutive greens hit, par saves, etc.

#7 00bolt

00bolt

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77153
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 198

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:05 AM

I know you said you arent interested in GPS, but I would still highly recommend Arccos.  I have the Arccos 360 set and a sensor in each of my clubs. I do not have to keep track of a single thing. It knows when I hit driver or putter. It tracks fairways, GIR, putts and all those other stats for you. I dont have to log a single thing on the scorecard.  I just play golf and  After the round you can even go back and look at every single shot you took. and of course, after a few rounds you can see all your stats compiled together, strokes gained, etc.  I love it and would hate to go without it now.
IG:  golfer_scott

Callaway Epic - HZRDUS Black
Adams Tight Lies 2 3 Wood 16°
Titleist 716 TMB 3-4
Titleist 716 CB 5-7
Titleist 716 MB 8-PW
Miura Y Grind 50° K Grind 54°, 58°
Scotty Newport 2.5

#8 duffer987

duffer987

Wears trousers.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,476 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 201269
  • Handicap:8.5
GolfWRX Likes : 5686

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:08 AM

Assuming you have a GHIN account and post your scores - you can get all the stats I reckon you'd be interested in via the GHIN website.
Anyone with a GHIN account can sign up for access.
Post your hole-by-hole scores (noting things like GIRs, fairways, up and downs, bunkers, putts etc...).
Then use their "Reports" page to choose from one of many options for displaying your stats (based on time periods, specific courses, or the whole shebang).
I used to use it a lot a few years ago when I was interested in my stats, but now just post my whole scores and leave it at that.

Two examples of the types of data you can have:

ghinreportexample.png
ghincourses.png

Edited by duffer987, 11 January 2018 - 10:12 AM.

#9 pierso2

pierso2

Shooters Shoot

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,296 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 222023
  • Handicap:7ish
GolfWRX Likes : 945

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:11 AM

If you don't want iphone apps, I highly recommend the original Game Golf. I use it and love how easy it is to track stats. Is it super intuitive? No. But it does a great job and with a small amount of brain work, you can have all of your stats and determine what areas of your game need the most attention. Sometimes it doesn't pick up on shots or gets confused when you're done with one hole but 90% of the time, it is ideal.

I'll look at my stats post round and look at factors like accuracy from X distance and proximity to hole. That helped me realize I needed to work on iron accuracy with certain irons so I can get the ball closer to the hole and drop a few putts from my round. Not only did it help me realize what irons I needed to work on accuracy with, but it also helped me understand gaps in my irons. I found out that I hit my 6 iron one distance, 7 iron 10 yards less, and then 8 iron was 15 yards less than my 7. So now I know why some of my 8 iron shots may come up short.

Basically, it starts out as "oh this is cool" and ended up me becoming a stat nerd but has helped me dial in what clubs are best for my game.
Option 1
Taylormade M4 9.5 Matrix Ozik TP6HDe
Taylormade M1 5 wood AD-TP 7S
Nike VR Pro 3 hybrid project x 6.0
Adams XTD Forged 4-PW Fujikura MCI 120S
Adams MB2 GW
Nike Engage 60 Dual Grind
Toulon San Diego CB
Ping 4 Series Tour Edition White/ Bridgestone 2014 Tour Bag

Option 2
Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5 Whiteboard Flowerband 7x
Adams XTD ti 5 wood AD-TP 7s
Ping Anser 20 stock stiff
Taylormade 2016 M2 Tour XP105 stiff
Cleveland RTX 2.0 52 deg raw
Titleist Vokey Prototype 58 T Grind
Carbon Ringo Raw Whisky

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2

#10 Z1ggy16

Z1ggy16

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,118 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430110
GolfWRX Likes : 1593

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:15 AM

If you're interested in SG18 stats, BeBrassie will do this for you. You can use it as a GPS app during the round but you don't need to. It tracks all the usual stuff, but also keep strack of your real time club gapping, SG18 for most aspects (long game, tee, short game, putts) and a few other cool things.

WITB
DR - '16 M2 X-Torsion Copper 60 (Fuji Speeder Evo II 661 back up)
3W - F8 2KXV Blue 70
3h - JPX 850 Tensei Blue 80
Irons - P790 4-PW Modus 120
GW - Cobra Trusty 50/8 Modus Wedge 115
SW - Cobra Trusty 54/10 Modus Wedge 115 for firm turf/Taylormade Fe2O3 56/14 DG S200 for medium & soft
LW - Cobra Trusty 60/6 Modus Wedge 115
P - Odyssey WHP #7 (Two Custom Xenon on order)
Ball - Project (a)
Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#11 oldpalchamp

oldpalchamp

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2386
GolfWRX Likes : 335

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:17 AM

I've been playing golf for a long time and have, in the past, competed in state, local, and even a few national qualifiers (humble brag over).  If you don't know your strengths and weaknesses, than you're not paying attention.  I have to agree with Fergie, it can definitely lead to over analysis.

For an example, I do not need to track "Up and Downs" as a stat to know my short game is not very good and I need to spend more time on it.  I don't need to track "Fairways Hit" to know I'm a pretty good driver.  I guess, for some people who are anal about stats, it could make sense.  I tried tracking stats years ago.  I would mark the stats on my scorecard and transfer them to an excel spreadsheet.  I learned absolutely nothing about my game I didn't already know.  

Just my $.02, YMMV.

#12 Sean2

Sean2

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• 30,016 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:24 AM

View Postrawdog, on 10 January 2018 - 11:11 PM, said:

Do you use gmail? I can build you a spreadsheet in google sheets and we can customize it however you want. Cloud-based, you just log in and type in the data.

I do this regularly for my consulting clients. It would take me 20 mins and cost you $0.

I enjoy it. Let me know.

No I don't, but I appreciate the offer! :-)
Callaway Rogue
Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW
Callaway "O" Works #7

#13 Sean2

Sean2

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• 30,016 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:26 AM

View PostRSinSG, on 10 January 2018 - 11:24 PM, said:

I'm too old to mess with Excel anymore, or any other software for that matter. I use the original GameGolf and it does everything I need. There are other tagging devices that do more, but I get everything I need with the Classic version. Actually, it gives me more information than I probably need.

If you're interested in more info PM me and I'll send you some screen shots of the data available. You can click on my GameGolf home page in my signature for basic info but you cant drill down into club specifics etc.

Thanks!

I looked at Game Golf and Arccos, but I really don't want to go that route. But thank you anyway. :-)
Callaway Rogue
Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW
Callaway "O" Works #7

#14 Sean2

Sean2

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• 30,016 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:28 AM

View Postjohnmurphy1121, on 10 January 2018 - 11:32 PM, said:

I use an app on my phone called Golfer Stats Pro.

I went to the App Store, but couldn't find it. Maybe it's not for the iPhone?
Callaway Rogue
Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW
Callaway "O" Works #7

#15 Sean2

Sean2

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• 30,016 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:30 AM

View PostFerguson, on 11 January 2018 - 09:15 AM, said:

I have friends that keep every stat known to man but their game never changes and they never improve.  In my opinion,  I believe they overthink it but I just keep quiet.  They are friends and I don't bug them about it.

I have always been from the camp that over-analysis can be more detrimental than no analysis at all.
Not saying it’s right or wrong – just the way I look at it.

My days of vast improvement are over.   I just like playing, and found a nice way to manage and adjust during a round. I might track putts or greens or fairways during a given round, but never all of them during the same round and only on the front nine. This helps me track tendencies or trends on the front and make minor adjustments on the back to see if things change.  

Example:   If I miss three putts all to the short side on the front nine, I’ll make slight adjustment to the alignment on the back nine.   In other words, no further analysis needed.

You raise a good point. I used to keep track...manually...but I found I was getting more hung up on statistics than playing golf. However, I would also like to see how I am doing overall in specific areas. That said, I would simply keep track of the info on the scorecard and input the data after I got home.

Callaway Rogue
Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW
Callaway "O" Works #7

#16 Sean2

Sean2

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• 30,016 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:33 AM

View PostWalk It In, on 11 January 2018 - 10:02 AM, said:

I use The Grint iPhone app and would definitely recommend. You can log during round or after. Several stat categories. You can also link to friends and see their stats through the year as well. Our regular 4some is all on it, so it’s fun to see who leads each category and who plays better at different tracks.

They also have a website your data dumps into. Good info in lots of areas. What I like most is to see scoring tendencies by hole length, fairway vs rough etc. There is also a trends feature that will show you how many holes you have gone between 3 putts, or double bogies, consecutive greens hit, par saves, etc.

First, welcome to GolfWRX!

I looked at Grint, but it really offers much more than I am looking for.  Though I like the data it will provide that you outlined in your second paragraph.
Callaway Rogue
Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW
Callaway "O" Works #7

#17 Sean2

Sean2

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• 30,016 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:35 AM

View Post00bolt, on 11 January 2018 - 10:05 AM, said:

I know you said you arent interested in GPS, but I would still highly recommend Arccos.  I have the Arccos 360 set and a sensor in each of my clubs. I do not have to keep track of a single thing. It knows when I hit driver or putter. It tracks fairways, GIR, putts and all those other stats for you. I dont have to log a single thing on the scorecard.  I just play golf and  After the round you can even go back and look at every single shot you took. and of course, after a few rounds you can see all your stats compiled together, strokes gained, etc.  I love it and would hate to go without it now.

Mmmm...I may have to rethink the Arccos thing. I have had a shop credit like forever, and haven't been able to think of anything I need. lol
Callaway Rogue
Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW
Callaway "O" Works #7

#18 Sean2

Sean2

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• 30,016 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:38 AM

View Postduffer987, on 11 January 2018 - 10:08 AM, said:

Assuming you have a GHIN account and post your scores - you can get all the stats I reckon you'd be interested in via the GHIN website.
Anyone with a GHIN account can sign up for access.
Post your hole-by-hole scores (noting things like GIRs, fairways, up and downs, bunkers, putts etc...).
Then use their "Reports" page to choose from one of many options for displaying your stats (based on time periods, specific courses, or the whole shebang).
I used to use it a lot a few years ago when I was interested in my stats, but now just post my whole scores and leave it at that.

Two examples of the types of data you can have:

Attachment ghinreportexample.png
Attachment ghincourses.png

I do have a GHIN account. This may be what I am looking for. Many thanks!
Callaway Rogue
Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW
Callaway "O" Works #7

#19 Sean2

Sean2

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• 30,016 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:39 AM

View Postpierso2, on 11 January 2018 - 10:11 AM, said:

If you don't want iphone apps, I highly recommend the original Game Golf. I use it and love how easy it is to track stats. Is it super intuitive? No. But it does a great job and with a small amount of brain work, you can have all of your stats and determine what areas of your game need the most attention. Sometimes it doesn't pick up on shots or gets confused when you're done with one hole but 90% of the time, it is ideal.

I'll look at my stats post round and look at factors like accuracy from X distance and proximity to hole. That helped me realize I needed to work on iron accuracy with certain irons so I can get the ball closer to the hole and drop a few putts from my round. Not only did it help me realize what irons I needed to work on accuracy with, but it also helped me understand gaps in my irons. I found out that I hit my 6 iron one distance, 7 iron 10 yards less, and then 8 iron was 15 yards less than my 7. So now I know why some of my 8 iron shots may come up short.

Basically, it starts out as "oh this is cool" and ended up me becoming a stat nerd but has helped me dial in what clubs are best for my game.

I am now rethinking the Game Golf or Arccos. However, getting the data through my GHIN account has a certain appeal.
Callaway Rogue
Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW
Callaway "O" Works #7

#20 Sean2

Sean2

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• 30,016 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:41 AM

View PostZ1ggy16, on 11 January 2018 - 10:15 AM, said:

If you're interested in SG18 stats, BeBrassie will do this for you. You can use it as a GPS app during the round but you don't need to. It tracks all the usual stuff, but also keep strack of your real time club gapping, SG18 for most aspects (long game, tee, short game, putts) and a few other cool things.

I will look into it. Thanks for the suggestion. :-)

Callaway Rogue
Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW
Callaway "O" Works #7

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#21 Sean2

Sean2

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• 30,016 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:43 AM

View Postoldpalchamp, on 11 January 2018 - 10:17 AM, said:

I've been playing golf for a long time and have, in the past, competed in state, local, and even a few national qualifiers (humble brag over).  If you don't know your strengths and weaknesses, than you're not paying attention.  I have to agree with Fergie, it can definitely lead to over analysis.

For an example, I do not need to track "Up and Downs" as a stat to know my short game is not very good and I need to spend more time on it.  I don't need to track "Fairways Hit" to know I'm a pretty good driver.  I guess, for some people who are anal about stats, it could make sense.  I tried tracking stats years ago.  I would mark the stats on my scorecard and transfer them to an excel spreadsheet.  I learned absolutely nothing about my game I didn't already know.  

Just my $.02, YMMV.

Well, I been asking myself just how valuable it would be to keep track of the stats. I have a good idea of what I need to work on. But, it might also be fun to see over a period of time how I am doing.
Callaway Rogue
Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW
Callaway "O" Works #7

#22 Kimjungillest

Kimjungillest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 468874
  • Ebay ID:Leowrasf
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 11 January 2018 - 12:42 PM

GolfPad App. I believe this is ONE of the best choices if not the bet. Provides good info/stats along with strokes gained (not sure if official or “their version” of it. Hands down the best customer service/support that I have encountered from any company let alone one in golf industry.

#23 unlucky

unlucky

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141523
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 11 January 2018 - 12:42 PM

Have you looked into shot by shot?

i have been using it for a couple of years, you will have to input data into your phone during the round.

i used game golf for a couple of months then stop using it.  I could not work tagging the club into my preshot routine and was always have to go back and update the round manually.

shot by shot does give strokes gain for all area IE driving, approach (even breaking it down to distances) short game, sand shot and putts.

JS

#24 Sean2

Sean2

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• 30,016 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2018 - 12:48 PM

View PostKimjungillest, on 11 January 2018 - 12:42 PM, said:

GolfPad App. I believe this is ONE of the best choices if not the bet. Provides good info/stats along with strokes gained (not sure if official or “their version” of it. Hands down the best customer service/support that I have encountered from any company let alone one in golf industry.

I hadn't heard of that one. I went to their web site and it looks interesting. Thanks for the suggestion.
Callaway Rogue
Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW
Callaway "O" Works #7

#25 Sean2

Sean2

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• 30,016 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2018 - 12:50 PM

View Postunlucky, on 11 January 2018 - 12:42 PM, said:

Have you looked into shot by shot?

i have been using it for a couple of years, you will have to input data into your phone during the round.

i used game golf for a couple of months then stop using it.  I could not work tagging the club into my preshot routine and was always have to go back and update the round manually.

shot by shot does give strokes gain for all area IE driving, approach (even breaking it down to distances) short game, sand shot and putts.

JS

Thank you for the suggestion, but I am too cheap to want to pay for a subscription based service. lol  Perhaps if I was younger and played more tournament golf it might be just right.

Callaway Rogue
Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW
Callaway "O" Works #7

#26 kmac49

kmac49

Tour Winner

• 572 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 169345
  • Handicap:+1
  • Ebay ID:kris_mcfarland49
GolfWRX Likes : 257

Posted 11 January 2018 - 12:58 PM

I've used golfshot for a couple years now. It is an app that has GPS capabilities but I rarely use the GPS part. I just use it to keep track of score, # of putts, and fairways hit. The GIR is calculated automatically based on score and # of putts. I like the simplicity of it and the statistics are able to be filtered by course, date range, or last x # of rounds.

Ultimately, I decided I wanted to track more info so I built something to handle it. Probably overkill for what you are looking for but happy to share if you wanted it.

WITB
D - Titleist 917 D2
3w - Taylormade R9
2i - Taylormade P790 UDI
3h - Mizuno JPX EZ 19
4-PW - Mizuno MP-69
Wedges - Mizuno S18 54, Vokey SM6 60K
Putter - Changes daily, can't keep up

#27 nix

nix

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 460232
  • Handicap:20.4
GolfWRX Likes : 765

Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:11 PM

I use Grint and then excel for more detailed analysis.

#28 Sean2

Sean2

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• 30,016 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:26 PM

View Postkmac49, on 11 January 2018 - 12:58 PM, said:

I've used golfshot for a couple years now. It is an app that has GPS capabilities but I rarely use the GPS part. I just use it to keep track of score, # of putts, and fairways hit. The GIR is calculated automatically based on score and # of putts. I like the simplicity of it and the statistics are able to be filtered by course, date range, or last x # of rounds.

Attachment Screenshot_20180111-094835.pngAttachment Screenshot_20180111-094800.pngAttachment Screenshot_20180111-094821.png

Ultimately, I decided I wanted to track more info so I built something to handle it. Probably overkill for what you are looking for but happy to share if you wanted it.

Attachment Totals.pngAttachment Data.pngAttachment Courses.png

I like the simplicity of the data. I am not looking for anything real fancy. The spread sheet might be a bit too much for me. lol

Thanks!
Callaway Rogue
Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW
Callaway "O" Works #7

#29 rawdog

rawdog

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,365 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424320
  • Handicap:8.6
  • Ebay ID:staghornsandmore
GolfWRX Likes : 1915

Posted 11 January 2018 - 03:07 PM

View PostSean2, on 11 January 2018 - 10:24 AM, said:

View Postrawdog, on 10 January 2018 - 11:11 PM, said:

I enjoy it. Let me know.

No I don't, but I appreciate the offer! :-)

No problem. Despite it being near 60 here in Cleveland today, I have been extremely bored this winter. And Cobra took a month to make and deliver my SL irons.

Soooo... lots of basement putting and spreadsheet building!
Cobra LTD Driver
Aldila Rogue Black, 9.5* @44.5"
Mizuno Fli-Hi T-Zoid  18* & 21*
In1Zone Single Length Fairway Woods
Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue @41.5" 7W = 23*
Cobra F7 One Length Irons
Nippon Modus 105 Stiff @ 36.5"
6I = 24*   7I = 29*   8I = 34*   9I = 39*   PW = 44*   GW = 49*   SW = 54*   LW = 59*
Odyssey #9 HT Metal X Milled @33.5"
Maxfli SoftFli

#30 pierso2

pierso2

Shooters Shoot

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,296 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 222023
  • Handicap:7ish
GolfWRX Likes : 945

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:34 AM

View PostSean2, on 11 January 2018 - 10:39 AM, said:

View Postpierso2, on 11 January 2018 - 10:11 AM, said:

I am now rethinking the Game Golf or Arccos. However, getting the data through my GHIN account has a certain appeal.

I know it's a pain to fuss with additional stuff on clubs and all of that. Also, looking like a bit of a computer instead of a golfer isn't my favorite but they really are accurate and really dial in a lot more than a spreadsheet would do for you. The biggest issue is remembering to hook up and review the stats after your round. Some rounds are best not reviewed!

Option 1
Taylormade M4 9.5 Matrix Ozik TP6HDe
Taylormade M1 5 wood AD-TP 7S
Nike VR Pro 3 hybrid project x 6.0
Adams XTD Forged 4-PW Fujikura MCI 120S
Adams MB2 GW
Nike Engage 60 Dual Grind
Toulon San Diego CB
Ping 4 Series Tour Edition White/ Bridgestone 2014 Tour Bag

Option 2
Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5 Whiteboard Flowerband 7x
Adams XTD ti 5 wood AD-TP 7s
Ping Anser 20 stock stiff
Taylormade 2016 M2 Tour XP105 stiff
Cleveland RTX 2.0 52 deg raw
Titleist Vokey Prototype 58 T Grind
Carbon Ringo Raw Whisky

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors