Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

3 days, staying at Universal, bang for the buck courses?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bigD77

bigD77

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76059
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:48 AM

Looking for a little advice on where to play during an upcoming stay in Orlando...mid February.

I'm extending a stay from a trade show and my brother is flying down from NYC for a 3 day golf and park visit.  We're staying at Universal's Cabana Bay, as it's dirt cheap while we're in town.

For my trade show, I'm staying at the Rosen Shingle Creek, so the first round will be there.  But I'm looking for a couple other courses that give a decent bang for the buck.  I'd love to keep the green fees sub $100...and we're not opposed to waiting for twilight rates if need be.

The only other caveat is, we wont have a rental car.  So Ubering around will be the go to.

Anything beyond the Disney courses that I should be looking into?

Any advice is GREATLY appreciated!

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 fsutanker

fsutanker

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 74817
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:50 PM

Championsgate Country Club (not the resort) is a good track at a fair price. Not too far away to uber over to from the parks

#3 RichieHunt

RichieHunt

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,161 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 209355
GolfWRX Likes : 2481

Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:02 PM

Legends course at Orange Lake Resort may suit you will, too.  Depends on the condition.  

Celebration, Falcons Fire, North Shore, and Eagle Creek are not too far away.  And since you considered Disney, you might as well consider Southern Dunes.  Those should all be under $100.  I won't recommend Metrowest other than it's a good layout and not too far away and should be dirt cheap.  They had major conditioning issues, but are supposedly making a comeback.  

And as mentioned, ChampionsGate CC (not the resort) is a good choice as well.

RH

#4 Dat_Dude

Dat_Dude

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130291
GolfWRX Likes : 105

Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:41 PM

What would be the recommendation is someone wanted to play 36 holes in one day, possibly even two days in a row?  I am coming down next week so won't have the daylight, but if courses were close enough or had 72 holes it could work.  Thanks in advance!
Posted Image Rogue Sub Zero w/Evenflow 6.0.  Iomic Sticky Grip
Posted Image 915f Rogue 80 Black
Posted Image  G30 2H, i25 4H
Posted Image    6-8 0311XF, 9-GW, 0311 w/Nippon 950GH
Posted Image TVD K (56, 60) w/DG S200
Posted Image Spider Tour DJ Edition
Posted Image ProV1x
http://www.gamegolf.com/player/datdude
WITB Link

#5 BUCKEYERBALL88

BUCKEYERBALL88

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 358819
  • Handicap:13
GolfWRX Likes : 124

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:37 PM

View PostbigD77, on 10 January 2018 - 11:48 AM, said:

Looking for a little advice on where to play during an upcoming stay in Orlando...mid February.

I'm extending a stay from a trade show and my brother is flying down from NYC for a 3 day golf and park visit.  We're staying at Universal's Cabana Bay, as it's dirt cheap while we're in town.

For my trade show, I'm staying at the Rosen Shingle Creek, so the first round will be there.  But I'm looking for a couple other courses that give a decent bang for the buck.  I'd love to keep the green fees sub $100...and we're not opposed to waiting for twilight rates if need be.

The only other caveat is, we wont have a rental car.  So Ubering around will be the go to.

Anything beyond the Disney courses that I should be looking into?

Any advice is GREATLY appreciated!

Celebration

Orange County National, not sure if they are under $100 in feb

#6 fsutanker

fsutanker

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 74817
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:18 AM

View PostDat_Dude, on 11 January 2018 - 08:41 PM, said:

What would be the recommendation is someone wanted to play 36 holes in one day, possibly even two days in a row?  I am coming down next week so won't have the daylight, but if courses were close enough or had 72 holes it could work.  Thanks in advance!

Not sure what your budget is but Grand Cypress has two very different courses in property.
The New Course is a links style design by Nicklaus. Pretty much a wide open square with giant shared greens.
Then they offer 27 holes of typical Florida golf as the other option.
Orange County also has multiple tracks on the same property.

#7 bigD77

bigD77

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76059
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:20 AM

Thanks for the advice folks.  ChampionsGate CC looks like it might be a nice option to try.
I've toyed with Crooked Cat at Orange County, as I've ogled it during past PGA shows, but never played.  
Falcon's Fire looks like a lot of fun too, so we may give that a shot if on of the other's is booked up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors