Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Need a new wallet!


  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 jwclubbie

jwclubbie

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 115811
  • Joined: 10/05/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 127

Posted 10 January 2018 - 08:43 AM

Have been rocking a TGT (pronounced "tight") wallet for the last few years, but it is getting tired. Anyone have any ideas for something new?


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 spazo

spazo

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 148953
  • Joined: 11/28/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 188

Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:43 AM

Big Skinny. I've got the Hipster Bifold. It holds a ton and is thin.

2

#3 Hit 'Em Straight

Hit 'Em Straight

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 480284
  • Joined: 08/27/2017
  • Location:South Jersey (Philly Burbs)
  • Handicap:12.9
GolfWRX Likes : 104

Posted 10 January 2018 - 06:21 PM

Tough to beat a basic money clip.  I've used this one for a few years with no issues.  Some cards/ID and cash in a tight package.

https://www.storus.c...mart-money-clip
Posted Image

3

#4 dcmidnight

dcmidnight

    Major Winner

  • Marshals
  • 2,897 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18357
  • Joined: 08/24/2006
  • Location:NH native stuck in Northern Virginia
  • Handicap:6.1

Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:49 AM

View Postjwclubbie, on 10 January 2018 - 08:43 AM, said:

Have been rocking a TGT (pronounced "tight") wallet for the last few years, but it is getting tired. Anyone have any ideas for something new?

My TGT had gotten pretty dirty after a few years - never ripped or broke, just got dirtier than I could keep clean.

I tried a money clip and another "thin" type wallet but none were as good. Ended up just rebuying the same TGT lol.
'16 M2 10.5 - Kiyoshi White 65x
'16 M2 3W - Tour Blue 75s
Epic 3h - GD Tour ADs / Epic 3i - Steelfiber 95s
Cobra F7 Single Lengths 5-PW
Cleveland RTX3 tour raw blade - 56* / 60*
Toulon Indy 35" / TM TP5x

4

#5 jwclubbie

jwclubbie

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 115811
  • Joined: 10/05/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 127

Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:35 AM

View Postdcmidnight, on 11 January 2018 - 05:49 AM, said:

View Postjwclubbie, on 10 January 2018 - 08:43 AM, said:

Have been rocking a TGT (pronounced "tight") wallet for the last few years, but it is getting tired. Anyone have any ideas for something new?

My TGT had gotten pretty dirty after a few years - never ripped or broke, just got dirtier than I could keep clean.

I tried a money clip and another "thin" type wallet but none were as good. Ended up just rebuying the same TGT lol.

Leaning towards rebuying as well. Just wish the fit was a littler tighter. Which model do you like?


5

#6 buckrogers71

buckrogers71

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 47766
  • Joined: 02/01/2008
  • Ebay ID:buckrogers71
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:10 AM

Saddleback leather makes some good ones. I've got this one: https://www.saddleba...ket-wallet.html
Carries all I need. A bit pricey but it lasted a long time
Current Bag
Driver: Titleist 917d2 w/ Aldila Tour Blue Stiff
FW: TM Aerobuner TP HL 16.5 (Painted 917 by Continental Golf
Hybrids: Adams A12 Pro 20* & 23*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 850 Pro 5-GW
Wedges: Vokey SM5 Jet Black 54* M grind 58* L grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 or DelMar California
Ball: Titleist Prov1x or TM TP5x

6

#7 dcmidnight

dcmidnight

    Major Winner

  • Marshals
  • 2,897 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18357
  • Joined: 08/24/2006
  • Location:NH native stuck in Northern Virginia
  • Handicap:6.1

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:50 AM

View Postjwclubbie, on 11 January 2018 - 08:35 AM, said:

View Postdcmidnight, on 11 January 2018 - 05:49 AM, said:

View Postjwclubbie, on 10 January 2018 - 08:43 AM, said:

Have been rocking a TGT (pronounced "tight") wallet for the last few years, but it is getting tired. Anyone have any ideas for something new?

My TGT had gotten pretty dirty after a few years - never ripped or broke, just got dirtier than I could keep clean.

I tried a money clip and another "thin" type wallet but none were as good. Ended up just rebuying the same TGT lol.

Leaning towards rebuying as well. Just wish the fit was a littler tighter. Which model do you like?

I had the Americana Deluxe, went to the 2.0. I just didn't use the smaller pocket, if I carry a few bills I just fold it up and slip it into the wallet.

I've gotten so used to having this, I cant imagine carrying a normal wallet ever again.
'16 M2 10.5 - Kiyoshi White 65x
'16 M2 3W - Tour Blue 75s
Epic 3h - GD Tour ADs / Epic 3i - Steelfiber 95s
Cobra F7 Single Lengths 5-PW
Cleveland RTX3 tour raw blade - 56* / 60*
Toulon Indy 35" / TM TP5x

7

#8 Yanki01

Yanki01

    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,673 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 58157
  • Joined: 06/17/2008
  • Location:Corpus Christi, TX
  • Handicap:4.9
GolfWRX Likes : 1769

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:13 AM

wife bought me a bellroy wallet about 5yrs ago for Christmas and I really like it. I have the "hide & seek" in Java color.

https://bellroy.com/
915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
712u 4i Recoil F4 110
714 AP2 5-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105x
SM6 52.08F, 56.08M & 60.10S grind w/ DGx100 (8i shafts)
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 34/350G


WITB || Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec

8

#9 towncryer

towncryer

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 102787
  • Joined: 01/31/2010
  • Location:USA
  • Handicap:5ish
GolfWRX Likes : 49

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:49 AM

https://artifactbags...her-card-wallet

This is what I use. Love it. Keeps me from overloading the wallet, but still has four card pockets. Sturdy leather, so initially kind of stiff, but has broken in nicely. Fold cash in half and tuck it in one of the inner pockets. Also, proudly hand made where I live...the guy stands behind his work. I also have a Field Bag, lunch tote, pencil bag, and a few other items.

9

#10 bigmoneyp

bigmoneyp

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,114 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106403
  • Joined: 04/16/2010
  • Location:West Michigan
GolfWRX Likes : 319

Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:26 AM

Forrest and Harold


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 Hawkeye77

Hawkeye77

    JACK!

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 12,367 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100868
  • Joined: 12/27/2009
  • Location:Iowa
GolfWRX Likes : 8336

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:06 AM

Tried a Bellroy - even the "minimalist" that holds lots of stuff, lol, just too big for me and strange dimensions.  Then went to a distilunion Wally bifold.  https://www.distilun...ant=27569677448  Love it in the lighter brown leather.

You didn't indicate your needs.  I am very minimalist - 4-6 cards of some kind including my drivers' license at the most and it's perfect for my needs and quite compact.

11



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors