Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

just started a 6 week tpi programme - have many others done it??

tpi flexibility improving

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Irishgolfer88

Irishgolfer88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 471682
  • Handicap:17
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:34 AM

HI all
Last night I started a 6 week TPI programme to work on my flexibility and mobility.
I must say after doing the initial screening and last nights session , im very very impressed by it.
Im just wondering have many others on here done any tpi work and what benefits have they seen??
I got my driver speed done on trackman last week and it was touching on 99mph.
I play off 18 but I strike the ball a lot better then that its my short game that needs attention.
Will i expect to see an increase in clubhead speed and flexibility after the 6 weeks , any feed back would be great
Peace from Ireland

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 PerseveringGolf

PerseveringGolf

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,912 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 293167
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 725

Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:47 AM

is it an online course you are doing? got a link?

#3 Irishgolfer88

Irishgolfer88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:56 AM

View PostPerseveringGolf, on 10 January 2018 - 05:47 AM, said:

is it an online course you are doing? got a link?

Hey bud its actually a training programme that a lot of the top pros are using such as Charly Hoffman and Justin Thomas

Here is the website

http://www.mytpi.com/

The initital screening checks your whole body and set up and finds where you are weak , then the programme is set up to fix it

I found out im very stiff around my hips and shoulder so will be fun to see what happens

#4 SirFuego

SirFuego

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 466424
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:43 AM

I spent most of this past season trying to get back into form and fix some swing flaws through a few traditional lessons.  I (thought I) understood everything my previous instructor was telling me, but just couldn't get that to translate into my golf swing even after (what I felt was) a diligent practice schedule using the instructors recommendations.  I can't say for sure if that was due to being out of shape or just a disconnect between the way he taught and the way I learned, but I basically ended the year at about the same quality of ball striking (and scores) as the beginning of the year.  I had heard good things about the instructor when I went to him, so I don't think I went to a bad instructor.

We have some golf domes here, so I can still swing the club over the winter.  After the season ended (snow on the ground and all the courses closed), I started working one on one with a TPI certified instructor and so far have made more progress with my ballstriking than I have this entire past summer.  My entire body feels looser and I feel it's easier to move my body parts into different positions I was seeking this past summer.  I think another big aspect is that he explained the golf swing in a different way that made a lot of sense to me and had a ton of light bulbs go on.  I'm not sure if it's because I'm able to better use my body or the way he teaches jives more with the way I learn (very likely both), but the whole TPI concept has been very eye opening to me and plan to continue going forward -- especially since I want to be in better shape anyways (so why not cater my fitness to golf?).

Edited by SirFuego, 10 January 2018 - 10:44 AM.

#5 Muffy

Muffy

58 T-bird

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 327049
  • Handicap:Yes
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 11 January 2018 - 11:38 PM

I also started, just a week ago.  The stretches are great, and the online videos clear.   They have a tremendous amount of information on their website, but it takes an assessment and plan to make it all useful.

#6 Irishgolfer88

Irishgolfer88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:11 AM

View PostSirFuego, on 10 January 2018 - 10:43 AM, said:

I spent most of this past season trying to get back into form and fix some swing flaws through a few traditional lessons.  I (thought I) understood everything my previous instructor was telling me, but just couldn't get that to translate into my golf swing even after (what I felt was) a diligent practice schedule using the instructors recommendations.  I can't say for sure if that was due to being out of shape or just a disconnect between the way he taught and the way I learned, but I basically ended the year at about the same quality of ball striking (and scores) as the beginning of the year.  I had heard good things about the instructor when I went to him, so I don't think I went to a bad instructor.

We have some golf domes here, so I can still swing the club over the winter.  After the season ended (snow on the ground and all the courses closed), I started working one on one with a TPI certified instructor and so far have made more progress with my ballstriking than I have this entire past summer.  My entire body feels looser and I feel it's easier to move my body parts into different positions I was seeking this past summer.  I think another big aspect is that he explained the golf swing in a different way that made a lot of sense to me and had a ton of light bulbs go on.  I'm not sure if it's because I'm able to better use my body or the way he teaches jives more with the way I learn (very likely both), but the whole TPI concept has been very eye opening to me and plan to continue going forward -- especially since I want to be in better shape anyways (so why not cater my fitness to golf?).

Hey mate

Great to hear your working on your game and I hope it all goes well for you

I hope to go from 18 to around 10 before the year is out , I just need to tighten up on my short game and I think the TPI training will be of great help to my body and mobility

#7 Irishgolfer88

Irishgolfer88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:12 AM

View PostMuffy, on 11 January 2018 - 11:38 PM, said:

I also started, just a week ago.  The stretches are great, and the online videos clear.   They have a tremendous amount of information on their website, but it takes an assessment and plan to make it all useful.

Thats cool bud , how do you find it??

I did my stretch routine last night and hope to hit the gym tomorrow to my other routine

Im excited by it as im very stiff and not flexible

Regards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors