Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Are Taylormade Releasing Any Putters In Early 2018?


55 replies to this topic

#31 jll62

jll62

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,441 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9627
  • Joined: 01/10/2006
  • Location:Minneapolis
  • Handicap:+2.3
GolfWRX Likes : 1046

Posted 10 January 2018 - 07:38 PM

View PostTheMoneyShot, on 10 January 2018 - 06:48 PM, said:

I wonder which model Rors bags this year?

I'd be shocked if he starts the year using anything besides his current Mullen. He seems to have settled on that.

TaylorMade M2 9.5 (2017), Graphite Design Tour AD-GP 6s
TaylorMade V-Steel 13, Graphite Design Purple Ice 85X
TaylorMade UDI 2, KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X
TaylorMade RSi TP 3-4, KBS C-Taper 120 S
TaylorMade RSi TP 5-PW, KBS C-Taper 125 S+
TaylorMade Tour Preferred 52, KBS 610 120 S
TaylorMade Hi-Toe 60 (58), DG S400 (TI)
TaylorMade DJ Itsy Bitsy Proto, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x

jll62's WITB

jll62 on Instagram

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 Golfer_1993

Golfer_1993

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 104759
  • Joined: 03/14/2010
  • Location:Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
  • Handicap:4.0
GolfWRX Likes : 57

Posted 10 January 2018 - 08:04 PM

That Ardmore 3L is puuure gold. Can't wait to roll it.

2

#33 scottb15

scottb15

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 345851
  • Joined: 10/23/2014
GolfWRX Likes : 60

Posted 10 January 2018 - 08:27 PM

I know the head is the same on the Mullen as rorys but is the shaft?
Titleist 913 D3 8.5
Titleist 913 FD 15
Titleist 913 H 21
Taylormade CB Irons 4-9
Vokey SM5 48-2/50
Vokey SM4 54/60
Nike Method Proto 006
Titleist NXT Tour S

3

#34 TK3309

TK3309

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71422
  • Joined: 12/27/2008
  • Handicap:+1.7
GolfWRX Likes : 36

Posted 11 January 2018 - 12:07 AM

View Postscottb15, on 10 January 2018 - 08:27 PM, said:

I know the head is the same on the Mullen as rorys but is the shaft?

Roryís Mullen has a single bend shaft where the new TP Mullen Black Copper has a double bend shaft.
TaylorMade M3 Fujikura Motore Tour Spec 7.2X
TaylorMade M1 3 Wood HL (2017) Fujikura Speeder Evolution 757X
TaylorMade P790 UDI 2 Iron HZRDUS 6.5
TaylorMade P790 3 Iron Dynamic Gold X100
TaylorMade P770 4-PW Dynamic Gold X100
TaylorMade Milled Grind Raw 52 and Hi-Toe 58
TaylorMade Spider Tour Black

4

#35 ram01002

ram01002

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,724 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1598
  • Joined: 06/12/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 652

Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:48 PM

The Spider Interactive interests me very much . . . I've messed around with the Blast sensor and its cool technology.


5

#36 DeCuchi

DeCuchi

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131330
  • Joined: 06/22/2011
  • Location:Valley Ranch, TX
  • Handicap:4.6
GolfWRX Likes : 345

Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:54 PM

Love the copper, but wish there was a flow neck on that Mullen with a single line. Just canít quite get it right.  Iím not a fan of the double lines on the silver model either.  Also bummed thereís no black or even silver tour spider with sightline.  Oh well, the Soto could be an option.
You didn't plan to fail,
you failed to plan!
'17 M1 440/9.5*/Tensei pro white 60s
'17 M2 Tour/16.5*/'ilima 70s
'17 M1 /19*/'ilima 70s
2010 MP Fli Hi 3-4/Recoil Hybrid Proto 100 f4
MP4 5-PW/Recoil Proto 110 f4
Cleveland 588 DSG 53*, 58*/ TT Black Gold S
TM Spider Tour black ��
Srixon XV

6

#37 ryant0220

ryant0220

    Member

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 163 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76518
  • Joined: 03/02/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 43

Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:48 AM

View PostWedge Ninja, on 10 January 2018 - 04:11 PM, said:

$349 For the Spiders? Am I seeing that correctly?
The spider tour reds certainly look $349 to me.  While the others seem to be 299 and 219?  Tough to zoom in for me and tell.

7

#38 ryant0220

ryant0220

    Member

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 163 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76518
  • Joined: 03/02/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 43

Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:57 AM

Also with all of the hosel configurations and different sight lines they seem to be expiermenting with I wish they would open up a custom shop for the spider.  Why not  charge a little more and pick sighline, hosel, weight, color, etc.... seems easier than trying to make 17 different versions of the spider.  Iím biased, Iíve played the spider for around 10 years.  Rant over

8

#39 shakey

shakey

    OvenWRX 1

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,659 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 60434
  • Joined: 07/14/2008
  • Location:GA
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 2455

Posted 16 January 2018 - 02:34 PM

View Postryant0220, on 13 January 2018 - 06:48 AM, said:

View PostWedge Ninja, on 10 January 2018 - 04:11 PM, said:

$349 For the Spiders? Am I seeing that correctly?
The spider tour reds certainly look $349 to me.  While the others seem to be 299 and 219?  Tough to zoom in for me and tell.
Definitely looks like Red at 349, Black at 299, and new Platinum style at 249.  

The Black Copper Mullen 2 and the Spider Black with the Double Bend are calling my name.
TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 Stiff
TM M3 3HL  w/Diamana Ahina 70 Stiff
NIKE VR Pro II Hybrid 3 (21) w/PX Graphite 5.5
NIKE Vapor PC 4-PW w/DGS300

TM Milled Grind Black 52 SB and 58 LB w/Modus Tour 125 Wedge
TM TP Black Copper Mullen 2
TM TP5x

9

#40 Wardonation

Wardonation

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 107035
  • Joined: 04/28/2010
  • Handicap:+2.8
GolfWRX Likes : 138

Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:02 PM

So is the Aluminum insert the DJ insert? Custom shop needed now...


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#41 jll62

jll62

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,441 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9627
  • Joined: 01/10/2006
  • Location:Minneapolis
  • Handicap:+2.3
GolfWRX Likes : 1046

Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:09 PM

View PostWardonation, on 16 January 2018 - 03:02 PM, said:

So is the Aluminum insert the DJ insert? Custom shop needed now...

No, the DJ insert was the 80/20 Pure Roll, which is 80% Surlyn with some aluminum mixed in to make it feel a little firmer. The insert in the Spider Tour Red is 100% Surlyn. The Aluminum insert is just that, aluminum. It's what was in the first run of the Spider limited and is what's been in their TP putters.

Edited by jll62, 16 January 2018 - 03:09 PM.

TaylorMade M2 9.5 (2017), Graphite Design Tour AD-GP 6s
TaylorMade V-Steel 13, Graphite Design Purple Ice 85X
TaylorMade UDI 2, KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X
TaylorMade RSi TP 3-4, KBS C-Taper 120 S
TaylorMade RSi TP 5-PW, KBS C-Taper 125 S+
TaylorMade Tour Preferred 52, KBS 610 120 S
TaylorMade Hi-Toe 60 (58), DG S400 (TI)
TaylorMade DJ Itsy Bitsy Proto, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x

jll62's WITB

jll62 on Instagram

11

#42 sandy

sandy

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,137 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2351
  • Joined: 07/11/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 445

Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:15 PM

I have no idea other than trying the putter to see what face you are getting. I have seen black and silver plastic inserts, black and silver metal inserts ( that feel awful), and black and silver metal inserts where the grooves are filled with a white urethane substance (that squeezes out over time and must be trimmed back to flat). The filled ones are the best hands down for feel. Originally came in Red Spider with alignment white line, black face balanced shaft, black plastic fake weight screws. Said limited on sole not tour.. Havenít seen the metal or metal filled faces in a long time, mostly plastic. Only saw one that was a carbon tru roll (on tour proto)

The rep was showing the arc last fall and most of the buyers thought it wasnít great looking..

Edited by sandy, 16 January 2018 - 03:21 PM.


12

#43 shakey

shakey

    OvenWRX 1

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,659 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 60434
  • Joined: 07/14/2008
  • Location:GA
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 2455

Posted 16 January 2018 - 04:56 PM

View Postshakey, on 16 January 2018 - 02:34 PM, said:

View Postryant0220, on 13 January 2018 - 06:48 AM, said:

View PostWedge Ninja, on 10 January 2018 - 04:11 PM, said:

$349 For the Spiders? Am I seeing that correctly?
The spider tour reds certainly look $349 to me.  While the others seem to be 299 and 219?  Tough to zoom in for me and tell.
Definitely looks like Red at 349, Black at 299, and new Platinum style at 249.  

The Black Copper Mullen 2 and the Spider Black with the Double Bend are calling my name.
Just found a catalog on an email from my rep.  All three are 299.
TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 Stiff
TM M3 3HL  w/Diamana Ahina 70 Stiff
NIKE VR Pro II Hybrid 3 (21) w/PX Graphite 5.5
NIKE Vapor PC 4-PW w/DGS300

TM Milled Grind Black 52 SB and 58 LB w/Modus Tour 125 Wedge
TM TP Black Copper Mullen 2
TM TP5x

13

#44 Green in Reg

Green in Reg

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 292757
  • Joined: 01/21/2014
  • Location:Scottsdale, Az
  • Handicap:4.2
GolfWRX Likes : 91

Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:54 PM

View Postshakey, on 16 January 2018 - 04:56 PM, said:

View Postshakey, on 16 January 2018 - 02:34 PM, said:

View Postryant0220, on 13 January 2018 - 06:48 AM, said:

View PostWedge Ninja, on 10 January 2018 - 04:11 PM, said:

$349 For the Spiders? Am I seeing that correctly?
The spider tour reds certainly look $349 to me.  While the others seem to be 299 and 219?  Tough to zoom in for me and tell.
Definitely looks like Red at 349, Black at 299, and new Platinum style at 249.  

The Black Copper Mullen 2 and the Spider Black with the Double Bend are calling my name.
Just found a catalog on an email from my rep.  All three are 299.

Does it say what day they will be available in stores???
GBB Epic SZ 10.5*- Diamana blue board
Cobra F8+ 16.5*
Callaway Epic hybrids 19* and 22*
Taylormade P790 5-PW
Titleist Vokey 50* 55* and 60*
Spider Tour 33"

14

#45 shakey

shakey

    OvenWRX 1

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,659 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 60434
  • Joined: 07/14/2008
  • Location:GA
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 2455

Posted 17 January 2018 - 08:35 AM

View PostGreen in Reg, on 16 January 2018 - 08:54 PM, said:

View Postshakey, on 16 January 2018 - 04:56 PM, said:

View Postshakey, on 16 January 2018 - 02:34 PM, said:

View Postryant0220, on 13 January 2018 - 06:48 AM, said:

View PostWedge Ninja, on 10 January 2018 - 04:11 PM, said:

$349 For the Spiders? Am I seeing that correctly?
The spider tour reds certainly look $349 to me.  While the others seem to be 299 and 219?  Tough to zoom in for me and tell.
Definitely looks like Red at 349, Black at 299, and new Platinum style at 249.  

The Black Copper Mullen 2 and the Spider Black with the Double Bend are calling my name.
Just found a catalog on an email from my rep.  All three are 299.

Does it say what day they will be available in stores???
Catalog didn’t have dates listed.

TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 Stiff
TM M3 3HL  w/Diamana Ahina 70 Stiff
NIKE VR Pro II Hybrid 3 (21) w/PX Graphite 5.5
NIKE Vapor PC 4-PW w/DGS300

TM Milled Grind Black 52 SB and 58 LB w/Modus Tour 125 Wedge
TM TP Black Copper Mullen 2
TM TP5x

15

#46 taylorx300

taylorx300

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40397
  • Joined: 10/04/2007
  • Location:Birthplace of Taylormade Golf
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 315

Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:19 AM

Some on 2/16 some on 3/1
M3 9.5* / Atmos Black Tour Spec
M4 16.5* / Hzrdus Black
M4 Hybrid 19* / KBS Prototype
P-770 / Project X LZ 6.0
52* / 58* Black Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
59* Original Trusty Rusty / Hump shaft
60* Raw Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
Toulon Garage Columbus Triple Black

16

#47 mjbaker80

mjbaker80

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114459
  • Joined: 09/07/2010
  • Location:Minneapolis, Minnesota
  • Handicap:4.9
GolfWRX Likes : 100

Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:43 PM

Posted this in the Rory WITB thread, too.  I saw on Instagram (reputable source) that the RED insert in his putter is aluminum.  Interesting and I wonder if TM will offer that in any of the upcoming models?!  I thought I had a while back that DJ's spider insert (his actual one, not retail) was aluminun as well.  From softest to firmest it goes surlyn -->  80/20 --> aluminum.  

Apparently the Spider Platinum randomly had an aluminum insert.  But, of course that's the model that doesn't fit my stroke.  

Hopefully TM throws that option in a slant next spider this year....

17

#48 mjbaker80

mjbaker80

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114459
  • Joined: 09/07/2010
  • Location:Minneapolis, Minnesota
  • Handicap:4.9
GolfWRX Likes : 100

Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:54 PM

View Postjll62, on 16 January 2018 - 03:09 PM, said:

View PostWardonation, on 16 January 2018 - 03:02 PM, said:

So is the Aluminum insert the DJ insert? Custom shop needed now...

No, the DJ insert was the 80/20 Pure Roll, which is 80% Surlyn with some aluminum mixed in to make it feel a little firmer. The insert in the Spider Tour Red is 100% Surlyn. The Aluminum insert is just that, aluminum. It's what was in the first run of the Spider limited and is what's been in their TP putters.

Great info here - didn't see this until now/after I posted!  So, which Spider had the aluminum?  Limited?  Platinum?  Will any new ones?

18

#49 jll62

jll62

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,441 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9627
  • Joined: 01/10/2006
  • Location:Minneapolis
  • Handicap:+2.3
GolfWRX Likes : 1046

Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:05 PM

View Postmjbaker80, on 17 January 2018 - 01:54 PM, said:

View Postjll62, on 16 January 2018 - 03:09 PM, said:

View PostWardonation, on 16 January 2018 - 03:02 PM, said:

So is the Aluminum insert the DJ insert? Custom shop needed now...

No, the DJ insert was the 80/20 Pure Roll, which is 80% Surlyn with some aluminum mixed in to make it feel a little firmer. The insert in the Spider Tour Red is 100% Surlyn. The Aluminum insert is just that, aluminum. It's what was in the first run of the Spider limited and is what's been in their TP putters.

Great info here - didn't see this until now/after I posted!  So, which Spider had the aluminum?  Limited?  Platinum?  Will any new ones?

The Spider Limited (both black/red and red) had the aluminum insert. I believe the Platinum does, also, but I'm not 100% on that. Fairly certain, though.

I don't have any inside info on 2018, but based on the images that were posted earlier on page 1 of the thread, it looks like 2018 Spiders will have the same inserts for black and red as they had in 2017, and silver will have the same Surlyn insert as the red.

The TP line has an aluminum insert.

Edited by jll62, 17 January 2018 - 02:06 PM.

TaylorMade M2 9.5 (2017), Graphite Design Tour AD-GP 6s
TaylorMade V-Steel 13, Graphite Design Purple Ice 85X
TaylorMade UDI 2, KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X
TaylorMade RSi TP 3-4, KBS C-Taper 120 S
TaylorMade RSi TP 5-PW, KBS C-Taper 125 S+
TaylorMade Tour Preferred 52, KBS 610 120 S
TaylorMade Hi-Toe 60 (58), DG S400 (TI)
TaylorMade DJ Itsy Bitsy Proto, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x

jll62's WITB

jll62 on Instagram

19

#50 shakey

shakey

    OvenWRX 1

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,659 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 60434
  • Joined: 07/14/2008
  • Location:GA
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 2455

Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:26 PM

I was told today the TP Black Copper Putters release in April.  That sucks.

Edited by shakey, 17 January 2018 - 02:26 PM.

TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 Stiff
TM M3 3HL  w/Diamana Ahina 70 Stiff
NIKE VR Pro II Hybrid 3 (21) w/PX Graphite 5.5
NIKE Vapor PC 4-PW w/DGS300

TM Milled Grind Black 52 SB and 58 LB w/Modus Tour 125 Wedge
TM TP Black Copper Mullen 2
TM TP5x

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#51 mjbaker80

mjbaker80

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114459
  • Joined: 09/07/2010
  • Location:Minneapolis, Minnesota
  • Handicap:4.9
GolfWRX Likes : 100

Posted 17 January 2018 - 03:21 PM

View Postjll62, on 17 January 2018 - 02:05 PM, said:

View Postmjbaker80, on 17 January 2018 - 01:54 PM, said:

View Postjll62, on 16 January 2018 - 03:09 PM, said:

View PostWardonation, on 16 January 2018 - 03:02 PM, said:

So is the Aluminum insert the DJ insert? Custom shop needed now...

No, the DJ insert was the 80/20 Pure Roll, which is 80% Surlyn with some aluminum mixed in to make it feel a little firmer. The insert in the Spider Tour Red is 100% Surlyn. The Aluminum insert is just that, aluminum. It's what was in the first run of the Spider limited and is what's been in their TP putters.

Great info here - didn't see this until now/after I posted!  So, which Spider had the aluminum?  Limited?  Platinum?  Will any new ones?

The Spider Limited (both black/red and red) had the aluminum insert. I believe the Platinum does, also, but I'm not 100% on that. Fairly certain, though.

I don't have any inside info on 2018, but based on the images that were posted earlier on page 1 of the thread, it looks like 2018 Spiders will have the same inserts for black and red as they had in 2017, and silver will have the same Surlyn insert as the red.

The TP line has an aluminum insert.

INTERESTING!  I have a DJ Spider limited and a non-limited (I think) and I've never even noticed the difference!  HA.  That being said, I use one of them, primarily and the other sits in my basement as a backup.  (Yes, I'm crazy and have several of the spider variations (long time loyalist of this head shape)).  I'l have to compare, tonight, and see.  The difference has to be pretty subtle as the difference even between the surlyn and aluminum isn't too drastic.  

Now, just to be clear, by LIMITED you mean the ones that had the "Itsy Bitsy" sole plate, right?  Or do you mean the Vault released one?  It's dizzying!

Good looking out man; you know your stuff!  I thought I understood the MILLION variations on the spider releases...but, clearly not.

21

#52 jll62

jll62

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,441 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9627
  • Joined: 01/10/2006
  • Location:Minneapolis
  • Handicap:+2.3
GolfWRX Likes : 1046

Posted 17 January 2018 - 03:40 PM

View Postmjbaker80, on 17 January 2018 - 03:21 PM, said:

View Postjll62, on 17 January 2018 - 02:05 PM, said:

View Postmjbaker80, on 17 January 2018 - 01:54 PM, said:

View Postjll62, on 16 January 2018 - 03:09 PM, said:

View PostWardonation, on 16 January 2018 - 03:02 PM, said:

So is the Aluminum insert the DJ insert? Custom shop needed now...

No, the DJ insert was the 80/20 Pure Roll, which is 80% Surlyn with some aluminum mixed in to make it feel a little firmer. The insert in the Spider Tour Red is 100% Surlyn. The Aluminum insert is just that, aluminum. It's what was in the first run of the Spider limited and is what's been in their TP putters.

Great info here - didn't see this until now/after I posted!  So, which Spider had the aluminum?  Limited?  Platinum?  Will any new ones?

The Spider Limited (both black/red and red) had the aluminum insert. I believe the Platinum does, also, but I'm not 100% on that. Fairly certain, though.

I don't have any inside info on 2018, but based on the images that were posted earlier on page 1 of the thread, it looks like 2018 Spiders will have the same inserts for black and red as they had in 2017, and silver will have the same Surlyn insert as the red.

The TP line has an aluminum insert.

INTERESTING!  I have a DJ Spider limited and a non-limited (I think) and I've never even noticed the difference!  HA.  That being said, I use one of them, primarily and the other sits in my basement as a backup.  (Yes, I'm crazy and have several of the spider variations (long time loyalist of this head shape)).  I'l have to compare, tonight, and see.  The difference has to be pretty subtle as the difference even between the surlyn and aluminum isn't too drastic.  

Now, just to be clear, by LIMITED you mean the ones that had the "Itsy Bitsy" sole plate, right?  Or do you mean the Vault released one?  It's dizzying!

Good looking out man; you know your stuff!  I thought I understood the MILLION variations on the spider releases...but, clearly not.

I was trying to keep the discussion within the context of the putters available at retail, i.e., not through the Vault. If we open it up to those, then there was the original JDay Proto released that used the 80/20, the DJ release was an 80/20, and the Red release was aluminum. All of these had the current Spider Tour headshape, but had an Itsy Bitsy sole plate (My JDay and DJ had the Japan Itsy Bitsy "Ghost Spider" sole plate, the Red has the Spider Limited sole plate).

When I speak of the Spider Limiteds, I'm talking about the ones that were released online (not Vault) in the current Spider Tour headshape, but they had a sight line and a double bend shaft. There were two models, the Black/Red version with a chrome shaft, and the all Red with a black shaft. Both of these had the aluminum insert and a Spider Limited Itsy Bitsy sole plate.

I traded my Spider Limited Red here on the BST, but I still have the JDay Proto, the DJ Vault release, and the Red vault release. And a couple of Ghost Spider S tour issue variants.

Attached Thumbnails

  • Spiders.jpeg

TaylorMade M2 9.5 (2017), Graphite Design Tour AD-GP 6s
TaylorMade V-Steel 13, Graphite Design Purple Ice 85X
TaylorMade UDI 2, KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X
TaylorMade RSi TP 3-4, KBS C-Taper 120 S
TaylorMade RSi TP 5-PW, KBS C-Taper 125 S+
TaylorMade Tour Preferred 52, KBS 610 120 S
TaylorMade Hi-Toe 60 (58), DG S400 (TI)
TaylorMade DJ Itsy Bitsy Proto, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x

jll62's WITB

jll62 on Instagram

22

#53 mjbaker80

mjbaker80

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114459
  • Joined: 09/07/2010
  • Location:Minneapolis, Minnesota
  • Handicap:4.9
GolfWRX Likes : 100

Posted 17 January 2018 - 03:45 PM

Ah, I get you.  Following you, now.  The Limiteds with the double-bend sightline ones definitely had aluminum.  They were just face-balanced and don't fit me as well as the slant neck.  I had one of those, though, and sold it.  Felt pretty similar to the 80/20 by recollection but I never compared the two putt to putt.

Thanks for clarifying!  Also, GREAT Spider collection!  You've got some cool ones in there!

23

#54 jdang307

jdang307

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 470498
  • Joined: 06/06/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:51 PM

So I have a somewhat Straight putting stroke. The spider arc description says it's for SBST strokes as it is face balanced. But then the description also says there is a 32 degree toe hang.

https://www.taylorma...r/DW-JIC24.html

Which is it?

24

#55 WidespreadPanic

WidespreadPanic

    Wizard in the Corner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,062 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 425856
  • Joined: 05/19/2016
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 2098

Posted 25 February 2018 - 03:53 PM

View Postshakey, on 17 January 2018 - 02:26 PM, said:

I was told today the TP Black Copper Putters release in April.  That sucks.
April?! The guy at my local store said mid Feb but obviously that's not true - maybe he meant the new Spiders. My dad is in desperate need of a new putter. He loves my Ardmore 3 but would prefer it was an L neck.

Taylormade M2 ('17) 10.5*
Cobra F7 15.5*
Callaway BB Alpha 815 18*
Mizuno MPH5 4i
Mizuno MP32 5-PW (BLACK CHROME)
Cleveland RTX 588 2.0 52**, 56**, 60**
Taylormade TP Red Ardmore 3
Taylormade TPx

25

#56 pjc

pjc

    In The Middle

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 90835
  • Joined: 08/05/2009
  • Location:North Carolina
GolfWRX Likes : 147

Posted 28 April 2018 - 01:35 AM

Does anybody know what the difference is between the current TP line, and TP silver line?
Srixon Z-TX 10.5* OG MRC Diamana BB 63 S
Srixon Z U65 2 Miyazaki Kaula 7 S
Srixon Z U65 3 Miyazaki Kaula 7 S
Bridgestone J15 CB 4-PW Nippon 1050GH S
Bridgestone J15 forged 51* Nippon 1050GH S
Bridgestone J15 forged 56* DG Spinner/Cleveland RTX-3 V-MG 56* XP 115 S300
Taylormade TP Collection Soto/Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 V-Line
Srixon Z-STAR, Z-STAR XV, Bridgestone B330 RX, B330 S

26



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors