Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * - - 1 votes

New Chrome Soft and Chrome Soft X

Callaway Chrome Soft CS CSX Chrome Soft X

400 replies to this topic

#61 Golf4lifer

Golf4lifer

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 352391
GolfWRX Likes : 103

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:14 PM

View Postgroach, on 12 January 2018 - 08:25 PM, said:

That's just my point, Oldboy.  If the ball performs, price shouldn't be that big of a deal.  Especially .40 a ball.  If I found a ball that actually did what I hoped it would do and performed as well as I think it is, then I'm going to keep using that ball as long as I can at almost any price point.  I would never understand the logic of changing a ball that was clearly performing over a few dollars.

Now, the people just playing it who 'liked it' but could go either way, sure, those people I totally get.  If they are willing to pay $45, they are probably willing to pay $48 and just play PV1's now instead, I totally get that.  Their perceived value is now gone.  I won't dispute that.  But I would still say that they can buy older versions for a discount for a while and to stock up while they still can.

I stocked up on CSX when it was $31.99, but I also bought some TP5ís at $39.99. For me when I like a ball the price doesnít matter, Iím going to pay for the ball I like. I will say it was nice to pay less than $45.00 while it lasted.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#62 Napoleon253

Napoleon253

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 484626
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 63

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:45 PM

I have played the red and white truvis chrome soft exclusively for the last year. Love the ball! I wonder why other manufacturers donít use the soccer ball style pattern. Callaway canít have a patent on it can they??

The distance for me is just as good if not better than the Prov and putting with them has been a game changer.

That being said the price point on these balls is an absolute racket!  

I played the Kirkland ball and it performed very well.  If not for the lack of inventory I would still be playing them. Costco easily demonstrated that you can make a  premium tour quality ball for $15 a dozen...

How much more does it really cost to make a pinnacle as compared to a ProV1??  I am no expert, but I am guessing they are pretty darn close.  

Someone explain please... make me justify spending so much. If I have the knowledge maybe I wonít cringe every time I have to purchase them.

Edited by Napoleon253, 12 January 2018 - 10:46 PM.

#63 6thFairway

6thFairway

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5343
  • Handicap:11
GolfWRX Likes : 452

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:51 PM

It's probably awesome, because I've got 5 dozen of the old Chrome Soft to use before I can order this one.  :)

#64 HISPL

HISPL

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,927 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 74563
  • Ebay ID:hisplgolfer
GolfWRX Likes : 449

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:58 PM

View PostNapoleon253, on 12 January 2018 - 10:45 PM, said:

I have played the red and white truvis chrome soft exclusively for the last year. Love the ball! I wonder why other manufacturers donít use the soccer ball style pattern. Callaway canít have a patent on it can they??

The distance for me is just as good if not better than the Prov and putting with them has been a game changer.

I played the Kirkland ball and it performed very well.  If not for the lack of inventory I would still be playing them. Costco easily demonstrated that you can make a  premium tour quality ball for $15 a dozen...

How much more does it really cost to make a pinnacle as compared to a ProV1??  I am no expert, but I am guessing they are pretty darn close.  

Someone explain please... make me justify spending so much. If I have the knowledge maybe I wonít cringe every time I have to purchase them.

The pricing on balls is not a ďracketĒ how much R&D do you think Costco spent on their balls?

R&D, marketing, distribution, customer service etc etc adds up and has to be factored into the price.

Costco simply used what was on offer as an off the shelf design where the costs for R&D were amortised already.

Factor in little or zero marketing cost, and greatly reduced distribution and customer service costs too.

I havenít played either model of the Kirkland balls, they seem to get good reviews and are likely to be a solid performer assuming these reviews are accurate.

But if you want the absolute best for ball performance then you have to pay for the R&D to go with it.

Having played the 2018 Chrome Soft ball I can see why Callaway spent the money to design it.

In my opinion it is the best ball I have ever used.

#65 Napoleon253

Napoleon253

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:41 PM

View PostHISPL, on 12 January 2018 - 10:58 PM, said:

The pricing on balls is not a ďracketĒ how much R&D do you think Costco spent on their balls?

R&D, marketing, distribution, customer service etc etc adds up and has to be factored into the price.

Costco simply used what was on offer as an off the shelf design where the costs for R&D were amortised already.

Factor in little or zero marketing cost, and greatly reduced distribution and customer service costs too.

I havenít played either model of the Kirkland balls, they seem to get good reviews and are likely to be a solid performer assuming these reviews are accurate.

But if you want the absolute best for ball performance then you have to pay for the R&D to go with it.

Having played the 2018 Chrome Soft ball I can see why Callaway spent the money to design it.

In my opinion it is the best ball I have ever used.
I understand your point.  Maybe I need to stop pulling balls over fences and into lakes/back yards.  I guess if I could play a ball longer than 18 holes without loosing it I wouldnít feel so bad about paying $4 a ball. I am also not the type to hunt  aimlessly for a ball in the ruff and I have never once tried to retrieve a ball further in the water than my 5 iron can reach... Lazy??? Probably...I try and justify it with me trying not to slow down the group behind me...  even if no one is behind me... Ha! Lol...

#66 Gary Gutful

Gary Gutful

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 374665
GolfWRX Likes : 511

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:38 AM

View PostHISPL, on 12 January 2018 - 09:40 PM, said:

View PostGolf4lifer, on 11 January 2018 - 05:41 PM, said:

View Postgroach, on 11 January 2018 - 10:47 AM, said:

I'm confused why people are so upset over $5?  Don't get me wrong, I'm not judging your income, budget, etc.  Hear me out.

A new dozen PV1/PV1x costs $47.99 @ Dicks right now online.  If the CS/CSX go from $39.99 to $44.99, they are still cheaper.  Not as cheap, but still cheaper.  Not to mention if this new ball costs more to make in terms of this new material, better believe that price is getting passed to consumers.

My point is this - if you like a ball, and it truly performs for you, isn't paying another .42c per ball worth it?  From a budget standpoint, that's one less coffee per month, or skipping one drive-thru meal.  Your other option is to buy the 2017 versions at the discounted price.  There will still be tons of them available for a while.

For me, I liked the CSX and the TP5 equally and the only reason I picked the CSX was the cost. If it goes to 44.99, I would probably still play it, but I would be tempted to play the TP5 or ProV1X because the cost is now comparable. At $39.99 the CSX was a value, at least to me.

Now, if the new ball is better than the old one, which to me would be hard to imagine then I might just play the new one.

Performance of the 2018 Chrome Soft/Chrome Soft X, will be something to differentiate between the ProV1/X, TP5/X etc etc

I really believe the tech that is in this ball makes it perform better than anything else I have tried on the market.
In what way?
Taylormade M4 HZRDUS Red 6.5
Titleist 917 F2 16.5 Tour AD DI 7x
Taylormade P790 3 iron Dynamic Gold 105 X100
Bridgestone J15 CB 4-PW Dynamic Gold X100
Titleist SM7 Raw 50F/54S/60D Dynamic Gold S400
Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Titleist ProV1x

#67 campion

campion

3-jack-king

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 135803
GolfWRX Likes : 115

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:41 AM

I'm confused why people are so upset over $5?  Don't get me wrong, I'm not judging your income, budget, etc.  Hear me out.

A new dozen PV1/PV1x costs $47.99 @ Dicks right now online.  If the CS/CSX go from $39.99 to $44.99, they are still cheaper.  Not as cheap, but still cheaper.  Not to mention if this new ball costs more to make in terms of this new material, better believe that price is getting passed to consumers.

My point is this - if you like a ball, and it truly performs for you, isn't paying another .42c per ball worth it?  From a budget standpoint, that's one less coffee per month, or skipping one drive-thru meal.  Your other option is to buy the 2017 versions at the discounted price.  There will still be tons of them available for a while.

For me, I liked the CSX and the TP5 equally and the only reason I picked the CSX was the cost. If it goes to 44.99, I would probably still play it, but I would be tempted to play the TP5 or ProV1X because the cost is now comparable. At $39.99 the CSX was a value, at least to me.

Now, if the new ball is better than the old one, which to me would be hard to imagine then I might just play the new one.

Performance of the 2018 Chrome Soft/Chrome Soft X, will be something to differentiate between the ProV1/X, TP5/X etc etc

I really believe the tech that is in this ball makes it perform better than anything else I have tried on the market.

Are the ball speed claims real? Listened to a pod cast from Callaway today with Hudson swaford. He was very excited about the ball, said itís the first ball rock Ishii designed.

#68 Dunny51

Dunny51

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450288
  • Handicap:16
  • Ebay ID:Dunny5151
GolfWRX Likes : 24

Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:08 AM

I played the regular truvis most of last season and liked it especially around the greens. At the end of the year I played TP5, Iíll give the 2018 a try at the same price as TP5. I used to play Pro V1 but wasnít impressed w the durability

#69 sirparalot

sirparalot

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122974
  • Handicap:7.9
GolfWRX Likes : 164

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:46 AM

I really enjoyed the original CS.  I switched out to the Q-Star Tour (after giving the Duo Urethane a run as well)  this year as I was not a fan of the new CS version.  Hoping the 2018 ball feels and plays like the original for me.  I'll be at the PGA Show in a couple of weeks and hoping they will be available to hit outdoors at demo day at Orange County National.  Not thrilled about the over $40 price as that was a big differentiator in the retail market.  Lets be honest 99% of golfers don't gain from most of the ball technology advancements year over year.  It comes down to price or name and Titleist still dominates on its name so price becomes the key factor for almost everyone else. That being said if it works better for me and there is a noticeable advantage over my current ball then I will play it and I guess Callaway has enough confidence in this ball and feels that others like me will do the same.

#70 just plain bill

just plain bill

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 379434
  • Handicap:6.4
  • Ebay ID:billharmonica
GolfWRX Likes : 232

Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:30 AM

I just gotta have yellow. Bought 11 dozen. Great ball, but if pinn soft came in yellow I'd be using it, I think. I think. I AM seeing some interesting shots from 50yds in, lol...

drivers:    Ping Rapture, 12*,  Nike Sasquatch 16*
fwy:          Ping K15 5wd 19*  
hyb:         Ping G20:27* 31*
irons:       Ping Karsten  6,8,9, pw (ks 401 shafts sr flex)
wedges:   Ping Glide 60*   G20 58* lob, 54* sw, 50* gap. Steel shafts.
putter:      Odyssey Versa Jailbird
ball:          Chrome Soft
bag:          Ping cart
chess:      it's your turn  -  just plain bill

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#71 getair23

getair23

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66377
GolfWRX Likes : 718

Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:57 AM

If they can keep the feel of the soft from last year and Rock can add a little magic adding/reducing spin where needed they will definitely have something special.

Ping G400 MAX Aldila Rogue Silver-X

Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5 Elements Chrome 7F5T

Srixon Z 745 (4-9) Z 945 (pw) KBS tour-x

Fourteen RM 21 50* KBS Tour FLT 130-x

Bettinardi "The Hive" Black 54* and 60* KBS Tour FLT 130-x

Edel 64* KBS C-Taper s+

Evnroll ER2

#72 bigeasy

bigeasy

Bigeasy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3724
  • Handicap:5.5
GolfWRX Likes : 309

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:35 AM

View Postcampion, on 13 January 2018 - 12:41 AM, said:

Are the ball speed claims real? Listened to a pod cast from Callaway today with Hudson swaford. He was very excited about the ball, said it's the first ball rock Ishii designed.
Does that mean ball should cost more because Rock Ishi designed it? If i remember correctly, I dont think Nike had a lot of ball customers.Their best player is now playing a Bridgestone, and their second best player said he was going to stockup and he is playing a Taylormade now. I am worried about Callaway golf..

Edited by bigeasy, 13 January 2018 - 08:39 AM.

Cobra F6+ Graphite Design ADDI-6S 10D
Cobra Flyz+ 14.5 degree, Aldila Tour Blue 75 stiff
Taylormade Rockeballz Stage 2 tour hybrid 20* or Cleveland Launcher 5 wood19*
Mizuno MP25 CTaper Lite 4-PW
Titleist SM6F Grind 50*, SM6 S Grind 55* SM6 S Grind 59* DGS300
Kenny Giananni  Slimline 2
Bridgestone B330, Srixon XV, TP5, Prov1
USGA Handicap 6.2

#73 getair23

getair23

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:03 AM

I wouldn’t be to worried about Callaway. Rock did some pretty awesome stuff at Nike. I’m sure they aren’t interested in losing the #2 spot in ball sales.

Edel 64* KBS C-Taper s+

Evnroll ER2

#74 GC70

GC70

What's Next?

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,129 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62144
  • Handicap:7.1
GolfWRX Likes : 2832

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:20 AM

I can't wait to give these a test run!
Ping G400 9* Atmos Red 6S
XR Steelhead 15* Atmos Red 7S
'17 M1 5-19* Kiyoshi Tour LTD 70s
P770 4-AW SteelFiber i95 S
RAW RTX-3 V-LG 54/58
Oworks Black 3T 33"
Pro V1x

WITB Link

#75 Jungleland

Jungleland

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 445486
  • Handicap:7
GolfWRX Likes : 144

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:25 AM

Received my test sleeve yesterday, putting them into play later this morning.

#76 Travis Duckro

Travis Duckro

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 157 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 79369
  • Ebay ID:tduckro
GolfWRX Likes : 72

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:57 AM

FWIW the 2017 Chromesoft and X's are on sale for 30 bucks at my local golfshop, probably can get them at yours too.

#77 nova6868

nova6868

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,276 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140033
  • Handicap:2.1
  • Ebay ID:nova6868nova
GolfWRX Likes : 1883

Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:26 PM

View PostJ13, on 12 January 2018 - 08:50 PM, said:

Heard players are picking up another 2-3mph in ball speed with the ball alone which is pretty crazy if true.  Price wise we shall see if it's a good move.  If they are really 2-3mph faster then other balls then people will pay $45 for them.

Ehhh... not bloody likely. The USGA does have limits on balls, and they do testing. I can't imagine they would approve a ball that gave you +3mph compared to everything else.

Callaway always has lots of hype surrounding their balls. Sometimes it works out, and sometimes it doesn't (i.e. Speed Regime balls which were also $45 and collected dust on the shelves). But the one thing that did seem to work for them was moving the price down to $39 for their premium ball.

#78 wldchld22

wldchld22

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 19126
  • Ebay ID:hayabusax13 - bushwoodproshop
GolfWRX Likes : 1065

Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:41 PM

I might be on falling on the hype train; but if the distance gains are as real as I'm hearing then this is well worth the price. If not then I'm back to hunting last years chrome soft and Bridgestones at discount prices.

#79 GDTBATH

GDTBATH

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 441150
GolfWRX Likes : 33

Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:42 PM

How long do balls last if stored indoors as opposed to say, car trunk or garage?

I have done comparison testing on ProV1ís, Chrome Soft and Snell MTB. My numbers are consistently better with the Chrome Soft and Snell. Not by a ton, mind you, but just enough to fit my game best. I grabbed three dozen Chrome Soft last summer with some shop credit and just ordered 5 dozen Snell at $23.99 since theyíre releasing new models this year.

Iím assuming theyíll keep a year or two with no performance loss as long as Iím storing them indoors?

#80 Stanks

Stanks

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 469442
  • Handicap:?
GolfWRX Likes : 151

Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:45 PM

I'm surprised to not be hearing anything about the Truvis pattern on the Chromesofts. I am hoping they will apply those to the new CS.

Ping LST 400 10* with Tensei Pro Orange 60 TX
Cobra F7 3 Wood 14.5
Cobra F7 3-4 Hybrid 19.5
Taylormade P790 4* Weak
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 50*
Callaway MD3 55* & PM Grind 60*.
2012 Scotty Cameron Newport 2 (PutterSpa by J-Rich Finish)

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#81 HISPL

HISPL

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,927 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2018 - 04:35 AM

View PostGary Gutful, on 13 January 2018 - 12:38 AM, said:

In what way?

The best spin separation I have ever played in a ball, amazing feel and the seat of the pants feeling is that they are longer too.

#82 HISPL

HISPL

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,927 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2018 - 04:37 AM

Are the ball speed claims real? Listened to a pod cast from Callaway today with Hudson swaford. He was very excited about the ball, said itís the first ball rock Ishii designed.

I donít have measurements, but it is the longest premium  ball I have ever played.

#83 HISPL

HISPL

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,927 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2018 - 04:38 AM

View Postgetair23, on 13 January 2018 - 09:03 AM, said:

I wouldnít be to worried about Callaway. Rock did some pretty awesome stuff at Nike. Iím sure they arenít interested in losing the #2 spot in ball sales.

Callaway is more interested in becoming #1, I think this ball is good enough to do it!

#84 HISPL

HISPL

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,927 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2018 - 04:41 AM

View Postbigeasy, on 13 January 2018 - 08:35 AM, said:

Are the ball speed claims real? Listened to a pod cast from Callaway today with Hudson swaford. He was very excited about the ball, said it's the first ball rock Ishii designed.
Does that mean ball should cost more because Rock Ishi designed it? If i remember correctly, I dont think Nike had a lot of ball customers.Their best player is now playing a Bridgestone, and their second best player said he was going to stockup and he is playing a Taylormade now. I am worried about Callaway golf..

Mr Ishi is very good at what he does, the ball uses some unique materials and construction methods to offer the performance that it does.

If you donít want to pay an extra 40c per ball because that is too costly for you then donít play it... but if you want the performance that it offers, you will pay the money.

#85 Lancj1

Lancj1

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 378618
  • Handicap:18
  • Ebay ID:Lancj1
GolfWRX Likes : 377

Posted 14 January 2018 - 06:57 AM

I have played the red and white truvis chrome soft exclusively for the last year. Love the ball! I wonder why other manufacturers don't use the soccer ball style pattern. Callaway can't have a patent on it can they??

Non golf related but may be of interest....a guy called Eigil Nielson invented the pattern back in the forties - on a football (soccer...) ball

His company Select still makes balls and is very successful

The first ball that became known was the Adidas Telstar in the 1970 World cup

So, adidas have the history with the pattern though I imagine patents long gone

The pattern was introduced in football as the leather panels of that shape effected trajectory etc....so all ball technology.

Forgive my slight stray off topic

Edited by Lancj1, 14 January 2018 - 06:57 AM.

Disclaimer*

I'm a handicap golfer in my 50's. Any opinions I have about golf equipment or professional golfers or the game in general should be taken as seriously as you would the opinions of a random guy in the fourball ahead of you who just shot 92 but is usually better than that.

#86 tbomb

tbomb

Wheel, Snipe, Party - Gongshow Hockey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 65826
GolfWRX Likes : 145

Posted 14 January 2018 - 08:00 AM

Graphene. That's why the ball is so much better. Someone else already said, a sheet of the stuff would cover a football field and weigh as much as a dime.

They have mixed this super strong material into the cover of the ball, and made it urethane. Why is that so great? Because the cover of the ball is the thinnest possible. Why does that matter? Because the thinner cover creates that 2-3 MPH of ball speed everyone is talking about.

the new 18 ball will be long and soft and worth every penny.

IMO Callaway should have dropped the Chrome soft name with this ball because it's so much better it can't even be compared to the 17 ball. Rock is brilliant and Callaway does not want to be #2 in anything...

#87 getair23

getair23

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2018 - 08:58 AM

Sounds awesome. Graphene for the win!

Edel 64* KBS C-Taper s+

Evnroll ER2

#88 HISPL

HISPL

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,927 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:02 AM

View Posttbomb, on 14 January 2018 - 08:00 AM, said:

Graphene. That's why the ball is so much better. Someone else already said, a sheet of the stuff would cover a football field and weigh as much as a dime.

They have mixed this super strong material into the cover of the ball, and made it urethane. Why is that so great? Because the cover of the ball is the thinnest possible. Why does that matter? Because the thinner cover creates that 2-3 MPH of ball speed everyone is talking about.

the new 18 ball will be long and soft and worth every penny.

IMO Callaway should have dropped the Chrome soft name with this ball because it's so much better it can't even be compared to the 17 ball. Rock is brilliant and Callaway does not want to be #2 in anything...

This is pretty much it, I was under the impression that the graphene was in the core not the cover but otherwise I agree with everything else.

#89 Napoleon253

Napoleon253

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:17 AM

View PostLancj1, on 14 January 2018 - 06:57 AM, said:

I have played the red and white truvis chrome soft exclusively for the last year. Love the ball! I wonder why other manufacturers don't use the soccer ball style pattern. Callaway can't have a patent on it can they??

Non golf related but may be of interest....a guy called Eigil Nielson invented the pattern back in the forties - on a football (soccer...) ball

His company Select still makes balls and is very successful

The first ball that became known was the Adidas Telstar in the 1970 World cup

So, adidas have the history with the pattern though I imagine patents long gone

The pattern was introduced in football as the leather panels of that shape effected trajectory etc....so all ball technology.

Forgive my slight stray off topic
very cool!

#90 crazygolfnut

crazygolfnut

CrazyGolfNut

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3580
GolfWRX Likes : 75

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:18 AM

I like the Chrome Soft but will think twice if the price is too high.  If I have to pay a ProV price, I might as well get a ProV.

• Driver: ___  Ping G400 Max
  • Woods: ___ Ping G30 3 & 5 wood
  • Hybrid: ___ Titleist 818H1 21* & 25*
  • Irons: ____  Titleist 718 AP1 6-W
  • Wedges: __ Titleist Vokey SM6 52F, 56M
  • Putter: ____ Rife Two Bar Hybrid
  • Ball: ______ Snell MTB Red Yellow
  • Bag: ______ Datrek Lite Rider
  • GPS: _____ Bushnell NEO Ghost
  • GHIN: ____  HCP floats between 10 and 12
“Never bet against an old man with old clubs that have new grips”

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Also tagged with Callaway, Chrome Soft, CS, CSX, Chrome Soft X

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors