Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

New Chrome Soft and Chrome Soft X

Callaway Chrome Soft CS CSX Chrome Soft X

386 replies to this topic

#361 dciccoritti

dciccoritti

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 173476
  • Joined: 04/06/2012
  • Location:Toronto, Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 1306

Posted 28 April 2018 - 08:17 AM

View Postlawsonman, on 28 April 2018 - 07:34 AM, said:

I was a CS fan for quite a while but the Snell Red is just too good and $10/dz. cheaper.

I keep hearing good things about this ball. Think I'm going to have pick up a dozen.

917 D2 | 718 MB | SM6 | TR 1966 Anser 2

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#362 Uhit

Uhit

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450896
  • Joined: 01/06/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 251

Posted 28 April 2018 - 08:30 AM

View Postdciccoritti, on 27 April 2018 - 07:15 PM, said:

Really? I haven't tried these balls yet, (season just started) but how are these any different then say an XV? And what's with the low spin numbers? This is the complete opposite of what I expected to see. Never heard Rick compare the feel of a premium ball to a Top Flite before. Am I missing something?



Not only this, but if you compare the numbers of the 2018 CS(X) to his ChromeSoft test from last year:



...you will find, that last years models had a better feel and more spin than the of 2018...
...beside the lower price point.

2

#363 dciccoritti

dciccoritti

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 173476
  • Joined: 04/06/2012
  • Location:Toronto, Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 1306

Posted 28 April 2018 - 08:46 AM

View PostUhit, on 28 April 2018 - 08:30 AM, said:

View Postdciccoritti, on 27 April 2018 - 07:15 PM, said:

Really? I haven't tried these balls yet, (season just started) but how are these any different then say an XV? And what's with the low spin numbers? This is the complete opposite of what I expected to see. Never heard Rick compare the feel of a premium ball to a Top Flite before. Am I missing something?



Not only this, but if you compare the numbers of the 2018 CS(X) to his ChromeSoft test from last year:



...you will find, that last years models had a better feel and more spin than the of 2018...
...beside the lower price point.

Exactly. I think that's why I was left very confused by that review.
917 D2 | 718 MB | SM6 | TR 1966 Anser 2

3

#364 lawsonman

lawsonman

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 171857
  • Joined: 03/29/2012
  • Location:Freeport, Illinois
  • Handicap:None
  • Ebay ID:pingguy1970
GolfWRX Likes : 3190

Posted 28 April 2018 - 08:50 AM

View Postdciccoritti, on 28 April 2018 - 08:17 AM, said:

View Postlawsonman, on 28 April 2018 - 07:34 AM, said:

I was a CS fan for quite a while but the Snell Red is just too good and $10/dz. cheaper.

I keep hearing good things about this ball. Think I'm going to have pick up a dozen.

I get no kickbacks from Dean but the new Snell Red and Black are as good as any ball on the market. And that includes ProV1's and X's. They are tough as hell. The Red I've been playing has hit so many trees it's crazy and it still looks and plays great! :)

Edited by lawsonman, 28 April 2018 - 08:51 AM.

Welcome to where dumb opinions are better than no opinion. :)

Callaway Epic/ Stiff Hzrous
Ping Anser 18.5
Taylormade RBZ 19 & 22 Hybrid
Ping S56's 5-GW
Ping Anser Dale Vault 2.0 Stealth
Callaway MD 56
Snell MTB Red
Ping DLX Bag

4

#365 nsxguy

nsxguy

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 431858
  • Joined: 07/08/2016
  • Location:Florida
  • Handicap:4.4
GolfWRX Likes : 1131

Posted 28 April 2018 - 07:43 PM

I've been playing the prior version of the CS for about 18 months now. Loved it; but it's gone now.

After returning from SE Asia about 3 weeks ago I bought a sleeve of each of the new CS and the CSX. I've been chipping and putting with both of them for a while now but have only recently played a few rounds with the "X".

For C&P there's not much to choose from other than the feel. As previously reported the X feels a bit firmer and is a bit "clickier". Performance-wise though, chipping and putting, there's very little to differentiate them; certainly not to choose one over the other IMO. The "X" spins a bit more and bites a bit more but nothing much to make a difference in ball choice.

As for the couple of rounds I've played with the X. Again, not much to differentiate it from the prior version non-X CS; at least nothing really noticeable.

Today however I played my first round with the non-X. On the whole I had a very good ball striking day. Off the driver the ball felt the same as the prior version but when I got out there I found most of my drives a bit further out than I would have expected - maybe 10-15 yards in most cases.

Off the irons, a similar distance gain, from 1/2 to possibly 1 club further. Green holding about the same as the prior version. Very good into the wind; absolutely no signs of ballooning.

I figure, given how a round of golf is different from one day to the next, as well as the course playing differently, given wind direction, etc., it takes a minimum of 3-4 rounds to fully evaluate the distance difference in 2 balls. "Feel", spin around the greens, etc. not nearly so long but distance, definitely.

I'll be playing it for the next few rounds and will come back and report further.

Callaway Fusion 9* Project X Handcrafted Hzrdus Black "60" 6.0
Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, 20*, 23*
Ping G20 5-U, DG S300
Cleveland RTX-3 56* SW & 64* LW
TaylorMade Tour Spider Black

Chrome Soft TruvisYellow

5

#366 bcflyguy1

bcflyguy1

    Enjoying my coffee...

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120229
  • Joined: 01/08/2011
  • Location:My own kind of paradise
  • Handicap:+1.8
GolfWRX Likes : 1161

Posted 28 April 2018 - 08:05 PM

Shiels' comment about the new CSX feeling like a Top Rock is absolutely daft.  Have absolutely no idea what he's on about with that.

The new balls weren't firmed up because people thought the old ball was too soft.  They were firmed up because previous generations of the ball would produce inconsistent spin because the cores were so soft.  The only way to get more consistent spin performance out of the balls was to firm them up a bit.
Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right.
WITB Link

6

#367 Uhit

Uhit

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450896
  • Joined: 01/06/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 251

Posted 29 April 2018 - 03:39 AM

View Postdciccoritti, on 28 April 2018 - 08:46 AM, said:

View PostUhit, on 28 April 2018 - 08:30 AM, said:

View Postdciccoritti, on 27 April 2018 - 07:15 PM, said:

Really? I haven't tried these balls yet, (season just started) but how are these any different then say an XV? And what's with the low spin numbers? This is the complete opposite of what I expected to see. Never heard Rick compare the feel of a premium ball to a Top Flite before. Am I missing something?



Not only this, but if you compare the numbers of the 2018 CS(X) to his ChromeSoft test from last year:



...you will find, that last years models had a better feel and more spin than the of 2018...
...beside the lower price point.

Exactly. I think that's why I was left very confused by that review.

To me it seems (especially if you look at the CS 2018, after it was cut in halves) that the 2018 is simply a more expensive, hard boiled, egg in comparison to previous generation CS... :read:

7

#368 WidespreadPanic

WidespreadPanic

    Wizard in the Corner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,770 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 425856
  • Joined: 05/19/2016
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Handicap:1.1
GolfWRX Likes : 1847

Posted 01 May 2018 - 06:54 PM

Which model has a higher ball flight? More specifically with the irons.
Taylormade M2 ('17) 10.5 KURO KAGE BLACK 60
Callaway Epic SZ 15* ALDILA TOUR BLUE 65
Cobra F7 5W  FUJIKURA PRO 75
Mizuno MP H5 4i  DG S300 AMT
Mizuno MP 33 5-PW  DG S300 AMT
Cleveland RTX 2.0 52*, 60*
Titleist SM5 56*
TP Red Ardmore 3
TP5x

8

#369 BiggErn

BiggErn

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 479312
  • Joined: 08/17/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 244

Posted 01 May 2018 - 07:30 PM

The X hits the ball about 150 yards higher. Great for tucked pins.

9

#370 dgp17

dgp17

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 464500
  • Joined: 04/21/2017
  • Location:Jackson, MS
GolfWRX Likes : 67

Posted 02 May 2018 - 09:19 AM

I'm a Taylormade TP5x fan but I came across a sleeve of Chrome Soft Xs the other day and I'm assuming they were Tour Issue because they were in a plain white sleeve.  The markings on the ball appear to be different, too--it has "++" in the Chrome Soft writing.  Does anyone know how this ball plays compared to the regular Chrome Soft X?

IMG_0312.jpg IMG_0313.jpg

Taylormade M3 460 10.5* - Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX

Titleist 917F2 15* - Graphite Design Tour AD MT 8s

Mizuno CLK Hybrid 19* -  KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 95 S+

Mizuno MP-18 MB 8-PW, MP-18 SC 4-7 - KBS Tour 130X ss

Titleist Vokey SM5 50*, 54*, 58* - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Kingston KP1 GSS

Tayloramde TP5x

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#371 bcflyguy1

bcflyguy1

    Enjoying my coffee...

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120229
  • Joined: 01/08/2011
  • Location:My own kind of paradise
  • Handicap:+1.8
GolfWRX Likes : 1161

Posted 02 May 2018 - 10:13 AM

View Postdgp17, on 02 May 2018 - 09:19 AM, said:

I'm a Taylormade TP5x fan but I came across a sleeve of Chrome Soft Xs the other day and I'm assuming they were Tour Issue because they were in a plain white sleeve.  The markings on the ball appear to be different, too--it has "++" in the Chrome Soft writing.  Does anyone know how this ball plays compared to the regular Chrome Soft X?

Attachment IMG_0312.jpgAttachment IMG_0313.jpg

That's definitely a tour-only proto version of the X.  I played a couple sleeves of the Chroms Soft ++ from last year and I was told that ++ ball was the version they produced for Tom Watson, but not sure what was different about it.
Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right.
WITB Link

11

#372 TnJohn

TnJohn

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 472280
  • Joined: 06/21/2017
  • Location:East TN
  • Handicap:14.5
GolfWRX Likes : 47

Posted 02 May 2018 - 06:20 PM

New American flag truvis balls coming out soon.

Attached Thumbnails

  • 0502181644.jpg

Ping G400 Max Tour 65 Shaft
Ping G400 SFT 3 Wood Tour 75 Shaft
Callaway XR 5 Wood
Titleist 915F 7 Wood
Callaway XR 16 11 Wood
Mizuno JPX-EZ Forged 6-PW
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50* and 54*
Callaway PM Grind 58*
Callaway PM Grind 64*

Bettinardi BB1
Kirkland Signature 3 Piece

12

#373 lil'mike

lil'mike

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 436656
  • Joined: 08/14/2016
  • Location:Michigan
  • Ebay ID:mrgolf2k
GolfWRX Likes : 125

Posted 03 May 2018 - 01:24 AM

View PostTnJohn, on 02 May 2018 - 06:20 PM, said:

New American flag truvis balls coming out soon.

I need to find me a sleeve of those!

13

#374 nsxguy

nsxguy

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 431858
  • Joined: 07/08/2016
  • Location:Florida
  • Handicap:4.4
GolfWRX Likes : 1131

Posted 03 May 2018 - 11:35 AM

View Postlil, on 03 May 2018 - 01:24 AM, said:

View PostTnJohn, on 02 May 2018 - 06:20 PM, said:

New American flag truvis balls coming out soon.

I need to find me a sleeve of those!

Nah.

I've been playing the yellow truvis in your avatar for about 18 months now.

I've tried some of the white balls with colored panels but can't track it in the air as easily -  and it doesn't show in the rough as easily either.
Callaway Fusion 9* Project X Handcrafted Hzrdus Black "60" 6.0
Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, 20*, 23*
Ping G20 5-U, DG S300
Cleveland RTX-3 56* SW & 64* LW
TaylorMade Tour Spider Black

Chrome Soft TruvisYellow

14

#375 SwingBlues

SwingBlues

    We are the Old Dark Navy Blues

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,123 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 44148
  • Joined: 12/18/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 466

Posted 04 May 2018 - 12:35 AM

nsx, is the yellow/black turvis as easy to track in the air as a regular yellow ball? I tried the white/red 2018 x turvis and it sucks for flight trackability, no better than a regular all white. I was hoping the red would help but it doesn't.

Ping G400 Max 9°, Fujikura Black ATMOS Tour Spec 6-S
Callaway Epic GBB 8° draw bias, Fujikura Limited Edition 17/150 "Masters" ATMOS Tour Spec 6X, finished length 44"


Mizuno FliHI 2 iron bent 1* strong, C-Taper Lite stiff shaft
Taylormade UDI 2 iron, 18* KBS C-Taper Lite stiff shaft

Cobra F8 One Length irons 4 to PW, KBS Tour V
Cleveland RTX 3.0 Cavity Back 50* and 52* wedges
Nike Engage Toe Sweep 56* wedge
Directed Force  Reno 2.0 Putter 34"


Ball: who knows...
Swing: PPGS, a Surgite !!!

15

#376 elwhippy

elwhippy

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,195 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3536
  • Joined: 07/28/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 710

Posted 04 May 2018 - 01:26 AM

Five rounds with a 2018 X. Great in the wind. Cover durable except when hitting a sandstone bridge (cough, splutter). Runs out a bit more on chips and pitches. Clicky off the putter and comes off the face faster than some other ammo (Z-star, Snell MTBs, TP5). Selling well. Both our Pro and off course shop are shifting a lot more of these than V1s or Srixon.

16

#377 nsxguy

nsxguy

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 431858
  • Joined: 07/08/2016
  • Location:Florida
  • Handicap:4.4
GolfWRX Likes : 1131

Posted 04 May 2018 - 09:36 PM

View PostSwingBlues, on 04 May 2018 - 12:35 AM, said:

nsx, is the yellow/black turvis as easy to track in the air as a regular yellow ball? I tried the white/red 2018 x turvis and it sucks for flight trackability, no better than a regular all white. I was hoping the red would help but it doesn't.

You know, I can't remember playing an all yellow ball and the guys in my "club" who do don't hit it very far so it's impossible to tell.

I have been playing a few all white balls a bit lately since I'm experimenting and I don't see the all white one as well as the yellow/black Truvis either.

I think it's something to do with the black mixed in with the bright yellow that somehow offers a bit of contrast for a spinning ball,,,,,,,,,,,,,, if that makes any sense,,,,,,,,,,,, :wacko:
Callaway Fusion 9* Project X Handcrafted Hzrdus Black "60" 6.0
Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, 20*, 23*
Ping G20 5-U, DG S300
Cleveland RTX-3 56* SW & 64* LW
TaylorMade Tour Spider Black

Chrome Soft TruvisYellow

17

#378 lil'mike

lil'mike

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 436656
  • Joined: 08/14/2016
  • Location:Michigan
  • Ebay ID:mrgolf2k
GolfWRX Likes : 125

Posted 05 May 2018 - 12:22 AM

View Postnsxguy, on 03 May 2018 - 11:35 AM, said:

View Postlil, on 03 May 2018 - 01:24 AM, said:

View PostTnJohn, on 02 May 2018 - 06:20 PM, said:

New American flag truvis balls coming out soon.

I need to find me a sleeve of those!

Nah.

I've been playing the yellow truvis in your avatar for about 18 months now.

I've tried some of the white balls with colored panels but can't track it in the air as easily -  and it doesn't show in the rough as easily either.

Yeah I just want a sleeve to have!  I have tried the white/red Truvis and to me they are just as hard to follow as plain white balls.  They yellow/black ones are my favorite ball.  If I am not playing them which is rare, then I will play a solid yellow CS which I like too but still prefer the Truvis ones!  :)

18

#379 GSDriver

GSDriver

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 493210
  • Joined: 02/10/2018
  • Location:DFW TX
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 05 May 2018 - 09:03 PM

The yellow and black are much easier to follow than say the red/white Truvis.  The R/W seemed to kind of turn gray in flight.  The Y/B Truvis are easier to follow but have to admit not as easy as pure yellow.  I also agree, the Truvis can be a little harder to find in the rough, so I try to not it in there too often.
Epic Speeder 661
Razr Fit Xtreme 4/7 woods
Epic Hyrbrid 23*
Apex Pro 5-P Recoil 110
MD Slate Forged 52
PM Grind 58
- a host of Odysseys

19

#380 lil'mike

lil'mike

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 436656
  • Joined: 08/14/2016
  • Location:Michigan
  • Ebay ID:mrgolf2k
GolfWRX Likes : 125

Posted 05 May 2018 - 09:30 PM

View PostSwingBlues, on 04 May 2018 - 12:35 AM, said:

nsx, is the yellow/black turvis as easy to track in the air as a regular yellow ball? I tried the white/red 2018 x turvis and it sucks for flight trackability, no better than a regular all white. I was hoping the red would help but it doesn't.

I used to play the yellow Chrome Soft all the time and now I play the yellow/black truvis.  I have no issues tracking either, very similar and no problem with either one!  Hope that helps!

Edited by lil'mike, 05 May 2018 - 09:30 PM.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#381 SwingMan

SwingMan

    SwingMan

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,282 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2726
  • Joined: 07/15/2005
  • Location:DFW Texas
  • Handicap:9.8
GolfWRX Likes : 1036

Posted 07 May 2018 - 04:56 AM

Played the new Truvis for a full 18 holes on Sunday - great feeling ball, received longer than average distance off all clubs, spun well and predictably on the greens, and had the right sound/feel off a stainless steel putter. It showed energy. May be ball of choice in those terms. Easy to track.
"My swing is so bad, I look like a caveman killing his lunch" - Lee Trevino

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Golf Series 17 LKP  ● Callaway Rogue 4, 5 wd/GD AD F 55/65, ● TE Exotics EX10 GD ADHY 65 ● PXG 0311 XF 5-PW/Mitsu OT 75,  Miura Y Grind 50, K Grind 55, 59 Nippon Pro Modus 3 105 ● Directed Force Reno ● Callaway CS  ● Cart: Stewart Golf RS-1; Irons/Wedges built by Frank VIola @ www.aceofclubstp.com

21

#382 phil75070

phil75070

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1580
  • Joined: 06/11/2005
  • Location:North Texas - 32m North of Dallas
  • Handicap:3.6
GolfWRX Likes : 127

Posted 08 May 2018 - 12:17 PM

Been alternating between the CS and CS-X and much prefer the  CS. The CS  feels definitely softer and seems to give me added distance compared to the "X". I am not sure the 2018 CS is giving me as much spin as last year's but I can compensate for that.

22

#383 SwingBlues

SwingBlues

    We are the Old Dark Navy Blues

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,123 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 44148
  • Joined: 12/18/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 466

Posted 08 May 2018 - 12:49 PM

View Postphil75070, on 08 May 2018 - 12:17 PM, said:

Been alternating between the CS and CS-X and much prefer the  CS. The CS  feels definitely softer and seems to give me added distance compared to the "X". I am not sure the 2018 CS is giving me as much spin as last year's but I can compensate for that.

Whats your driver SS? I presume your extra distance is from the driver or irons/driver? do clarify...

I tried the 18 CS and found it to be a tad soft off the driver. The 18 CSX was better feel off the driver but really, there is nothing significant in the distance except I thought the CS flew higher off the driver than I like to see. Both are awesome off the putter and chip/pitch well...but the pricing is really not good compared to my gamer ball.
Ping G400 Max 9°, Fujikura Black ATMOS Tour Spec 6-S
Callaway Epic GBB 8° draw bias, Fujikura Limited Edition 17/150 "Masters" ATMOS Tour Spec 6X, finished length 44"


Mizuno FliHI 2 iron bent 1* strong, C-Taper Lite stiff shaft
Taylormade UDI 2 iron, 18* KBS C-Taper Lite stiff shaft

Cobra F8 One Length irons 4 to PW, KBS Tour V
Cleveland RTX 3.0 Cavity Back 50* and 52* wedges
Nike Engage Toe Sweep 56* wedge
Directed Force  Reno 2.0 Putter 34"


Ball: who knows...
Swing: PPGS, a Surgite !!!

23

#384 phil75070

phil75070

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1580
  • Joined: 06/11/2005
  • Location:North Texas - 32m North of Dallas
  • Handicap:3.6
GolfWRX Likes : 127

Posted 12 May 2018 - 03:07 PM

View PostSwingBlues, on 08 May 2018 - 12:49 PM, said:

View Postphil75070, on 08 May 2018 - 12:17 PM, said:

Been alternating between the CS and CS-X and much prefer the  CS. The CS  feels definitely softer and seems to give me added distance compared to the "X". I am not sure the 2018 CS is giving me as much spin as last year's but I can compensate for that.

Whats your driver SS? I presume your extra distance is from the driver or irons/driver? do clarify...

I tried the 18 CS and found it to be a tad soft off the driver. The 18 CSX was better feel off the driver but really, there is nothing significant in the distance except I thought the CS flew higher off the driver than I like to see. Both are awesome off the putter and chip/pitch well...but the pricing is really not good compared to my gamer ball.

My driver swing speed is somewhere between 90 and 95. That "extra" distance with the CS vs CS-X is primarily off the irons.There is not a lot of difference off the driver. I am seeing performance comparable to what I saw with last year's version in that the CS is higher launch than the X, at least for me.

24

#385 hurricanes7

hurricanes7

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 72127
  • Joined: 01/07/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 737

Posted 15 May 2018 - 07:44 PM

Maybe they add some graphene in the new driver for next year

DRIVER-  Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
3 WOOD- GBB Epic  Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
HYBRID-  Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
IRONS- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
GAP- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
SAND- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
LOB- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
PUTTER-  Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
BALL-   Callaway Chrome Soft X

25

#386 n_rones

n_rones

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 449536
  • Joined: 12/21/2016
  • Location:New York
  • Handicap:6.1
GolfWRX Likes : 71

Posted Today, 07:18 AM

Played the Patriotic Truvis this weekend. First time playing the new version of the chrome soft. I found them to act the same for me as last years model I'm 5-10 yards shorter off the tee with the driver i don't know fur sure why but that's the case. That being said i played my best round of the year with them shot 75 and was 8-9 greens in reg on the front nine. I really love the feel of these balls but don't know if i would be as confident playing them on a longer course my home track is real short so the loss of distance isn't a big issue.

Edited by n_rones, Today, 07:21 AM.

Callaway GBB Epic 10.5° Hzrdus Yellow 6.0 63
Callaway GBB Epic 15° Hzrdus Yellow 6.0 75
Callaway GBB Epic Hybrid 19° Recoil 780 F4
Srixon U45 23 Nippon 850GH
Srixon Z745 5-PW KBS Tour
Cleveland CBX 50°
Cleveland RTX 3 CB 56°
Cleveland RTX 3 60°
Scotty Cameron California Monterey 1.5

26

#387 nsxguy

nsxguy

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 431858
  • Joined: 07/08/2016
  • Location:Florida
  • Handicap:4.4
GolfWRX Likes : 1131

Posted Today, 12:02 PM

View Postn_rones, on 21 May 2018 - 07:18 AM, said:

Played the Patriotic Truvis this weekend. First time playing the new version of the chrome soft. I found them to act the same for me as last years model I'm 5-10 yards shorter off the tee with the driver i don't know fur sure why but that's the case. That being said i played my best round of the year with them shot 75 and was 8-9 greens in reg on the front nine. I really love the feel of these balls but don't know if i would be as confident playing them on a longer course my home track is real short so the loss of distance isn't a big issue.

Douglaston ? LOL

But 5-10 shorter with the driver than with last year's CS ???

I've been playing the new one a bit recently but if anything, as reported earlier, I find them a bit longer.

Not the distance gains some are claiming and not a whole lot longer but certainly not shorter,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I've been (and still am) testing some other balls but I'll probably stay with the CS (Truvis) as my gamer this year.
Callaway Fusion 9* Project X Handcrafted Hzrdus Black "60" 6.0
Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, 20*, 23*
Ping G20 5-U, DG S300
Cleveland RTX-3 56* SW & 64* LW
TaylorMade Tour Spider Black

Chrome Soft TruvisYellow

27




Also tagged with Callaway, Chrome Soft, CS, CSX, Chrome Soft X

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors