Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Sarasota, FL Golf Trip

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 skibeachgolf

skibeachgolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 490528
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 09 January 2018 - 11:26 AM

This March, me and 3 friends are going down to the Sarasota area and are planning to golf at 3-4 different courses.  I'm looking for any suggestions as I have only done some preliminary research and I'm not familiar with the area.  Sarasota National is definitely on our radar. Would love to provide more details but it's as simple as just find out what some of the best courses in the area are.  We would like to be within 30 minutes or so of the coast as we plan on going to the beach after our round.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 dmagalhaes

dmagalhaes

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14272
GolfWRX Likes : 173

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:32 PM

Sarasota National is definitely a must play; I would also recommend Lakewood National and University Park. A budget recommendation would be Bent Tree.

#3 skibeachgolf

skibeachgolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 490528
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:58 AM

View Postdmagalhaes, on 09 January 2018 - 12:32 PM, said:

Sarasota National is definitely a must play; I would also recommend Lakewood National and University Park. A budget recommendation would be Bent Tree.

Awesome thank you!  Lakewood looks very nice.  I'll do some research on the other recommendations as well.

#4 Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17841
GolfWRX Likes : 251

Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:53 PM

I go to Sarasota all the time (am lucky that I get to play at The Oaks as my in-laws are members there, two great courses if you can get on them) but I had never heard of Sarasota National and had to google it to see if it might be worth checking out.

Realized there is a reason I hadn't heard of it, its not really in Sarasota, it's almost an hour south of downtown.  I'm sure its a good course but not sure why they named it that.

I have played a handful of rounds at other courses in the area and the only one that I would go back to is Lakewood National.  Saw the biggest alligator I've ever seen in my life on that golf course, had to be 14 or 15 feet long.
"We're not here for a long time... we're here for a good time."  

Mizuno JPX 900 Driver w/ Speeder Evo III 661 Stiff
Mizuno JPX 900 3W w/ Speeder Evo III 661 Stiff
Callaway RAZR X-Tour Hybrids (2 and 4)
Mizuno MP-53 Irons w/ Project X 5.5 (5-PW)
Miura Y Grind 51 w/ Project X 5.5
Miura C Grind 55 w/ Project X 5.5
Miura C Grind 59 w/ Project X 5.5
Custom Edel E3
Titleist Lightweight Stand Bag

#5 ronnbee

ronnbee

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138003
GolfWRX Likes : 161

Posted 21 January 2018 - 10:03 AM

Brother lives at the oaks great but private, right down the highway, Stoneybrook semi- private very nice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors