Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

La Paz Golf courses

Baja Mexico Bahía delà Sueños

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DJLP

DJLP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 204483
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 09 January 2018 - 02:02 AM

Hi there,

I’m headed to La Ventana (N.E of Cabo) at the beginning of February to kite surf but, I was also hoping to get in a couple of rounds of golf. As courses have closed and reopened in recent years, gathering reliable intel has difficult at best.

There was a Gary Player designed track near La Paz called Costabaja and a Tom Doak design called Bahía de los Sueños farther south; both of which i’d be interested in playing.

Any info would be a great help in my decision to lug down the sticks or not.

Cheers

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 dmac4g

dmac4g

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16945
GolfWRX Likes : 647

Posted 09 January 2018 - 09:08 AM

My Father-in law lives in La Paz.  Last I heard the course at Costabaja had closed.  Beautiful resort and golf course, but I guess the money ran out for golf.

#3 DJLP

DJLP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 204483
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 09 January 2018 - 09:35 PM

View Postdmac4g, on 09 January 2018 - 09:08 AM, said:

My Father-in law lives in La Paz.  Last I heard the course at Costabaja had closed.  Beautiful resort and golf course, but I guess the money ran out for golf.
Thanks for the quick reply.  
I had read that there was speculation that Costabaja was to close last spring and that new management was in the works. It had been managed by Troon from what I read.

It’s a shame as it looks like a phenomenal track.

Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors